Parallel Worlds

Started by Deb, July 15, 2015, 09:23:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BethAnne

John, is this the video you were referring to?  This young lady is on an interesting journey.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc3U3zAj4QA

BethAnne

I'm guessing this is the guy you were talking about?  He reminded me of a Zoolander/Ben Stiller double.   ;D

I did a little digging on this and while it is an over the top story, I do think it is relevant to anyone seeking Spiritual understanding whether WooWoo or Fundamentalism, Liberal or Democrat. 
Part of this process is developing discernment and sometimes that comes from going down Dark Alleys.  As Abraham Hicks says "Sometimes you have to know what you don't want to know what you do want" and I feel that is part of this process of maturity.
There seems to be more of a challenge for those who start out from a very dogmatic upbringing and they have to swing their Pendulum back and forth several times before they find balance.  Another person who this reminds me of is Mark Passio.  While an excellent gatherer of information, he still comes a cross as a pretty black/white dude having started as a Good Catholic Boy to Satanism to now challenging the NWO>  The Trick seems to be to balance skepticism  with faith.  Not an easy ride.
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves."   Mathew 10:16
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q51l_E8Tlp0

John Sorensen

No longer "believes" in this or that, yet has a still has a site called jessicamystic. Call me confused!

http://eofproject.org/about

http://www.jessicamystic.com/

I like open dialogue and conversation, I've had friends of many different faith and religious beliefs etc,  I love talking with them about what matters to them etc, and I never have any intention to change someones beliefs or what is working for them.

I talked a little (over chat/email or whatever it was) with this Diego dude, who seems an interesting dude, read some of his ideas and writings to see what he was talking about, and found that his philosophy was "no philosophy" as such, talked about how damaging belief system can be, yet by proxy is promoting yet another belief system while claiming not to be doing that in what appeared to me to be a quite fundamentalist sort of view or way of doing that.

Of course I could be wrong, I was keen to keep talking to keep the dude online and learn more about him, I like to learn from everybody - but there were topics he didn't want to talk about, at least with me, anyhow, that's about all I have to say.

Well, there was one more thing, they kept talking about love etc, while openly attacking people on facebook (of the authors and speakers etc) in really childish nasty way, like with photoshopped pics putting devil horns on people and just silly stuff that said to me they were kind of immature, yet intellectually smart etc.
Now their "mission" seems to be saving people from New Age philosophies and other quackery, of course the criteria is ill defined and shifts according to whatever thing not kosher that week.

As I was writing, found this video on youtube which accuses Jessica and Diego of cult behavior, and alleges the video make + former partner gave them a lot of money...

"Published on Oct 15, 2015
[/size](Flightflash.com) Award-winning filmmaker and author Steven Sohlstrom exposes the grave physical and emotional abuse he and his beloved fiance experienced as the EOF relentlessly pursued her to take $2,500. Using the emotionally harmful manipulation technique of "Gaslighting", her fears were turned against her. They convinced her she was in an abusive relationship in order to isolate her, and she left the country to join the EOF. A year later, the filmmaker spent over two months in jail on false charges in their retaliatory attempt to silence this film but having no merit, the charges were dismissed. This is the proverbial film they never wanted anyone to see. They abused and exploited us in the process of "freeing" her from "oppression" and left a wake of emotional devastation and bitterness with this horrific fabrication that we had an "abusive relationship." I live in fear that they will attempt to silence me or put me in jail again as they actively continue to harass and sabotage my life. I also fear for my dear fiancee and the scale of betrayal she will feel when she awakens to the fact that they destroyed a perfect relationship just to take her money, what her life was robbed of, and the deep and abusive emotional damage she inflicted on me by falling into their trap and propagating their lie. (See more at www.flightflash.com / Greetings Europe...)"
[/size]
[/size]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xl4m5f-AuE&ab_channel=StevenSohlstrom

[/size]I don't know if any of it is true, but there are several other videos on this topic.
[/size]

myststars

Quote from: BethAnne on April 27, 2016, 04:44:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcEZreGIOBM

Looking at first video the thing that crossed my mind after the first 30 seconds or so is i wanna date a girl from those 3 ...

Gettin back to spiritual evolution/understanding i had a click in my mind this days...
I can say the spiritual evolution from my experience it was more like an air ballon..At the beggining you have many sand bags acummulated that are negative emotions that keeps you down/grounded...You get to ready how nice is up there if you "climb" from books, movies etc but you don't know the taste until you are there or you have some random experience...When you begin to throw the sand bags and begin to climb you don't know how things will end up for you personally but that curiosity just makes you want to see...More sand bags more and more until you are so up when you can't "hear" your friends, relatives anymore speaking the same language...You feel words are limited or no use...and silence/blank mind begins to get more cells of yourself and you just like it more and more...Immersing oneself in his own blank mind/silence/nothingness begun to be more and more tasty...Also after years and years of agitations, plenty of radios and shows in ones own head the silence is a so big blessing...Immersing more and more ... I got a nice explanation for this blank mind .... I get more quantum second after second...I am so phased out that it becomes a journey of self through a nice tunnel...
I wish all of you more  sand bags thrown durring your life .... I assure you things are nice there and you will not want to disturb the silence that will embrace your mind/brain ...The silence/nothingness is acutally existence and inexistence at the same time ...

BethAnne

I don't know if any of it is true, but there are several other videos on this topic
I'm sure there is some truth to it, but this guy comes off as having his own issues that needs dealing with.

John Sorensen

Quote from: BethAnne
I don't know if any of it is true, but there are several other videos on this topic
I'm sure there is some truth to it, but this guy comes off as having his own issues that needs dealing with.
For sure, the melodramatic music was a real tip off.

BethAnne

For sure, the melodramatic music was a real tip off.   ;D
I believe that when you are on a Sethian Path and others of that belief system that life is often more challenging.  Rather in a different way.  I've run into many people through the years who want to be Enlightened so that they can live in Bliss.  I think if anything it magnifies the "cracks" in one's life.
Sovereignty over one's space I feel is a big issue.  If you can't "contain" your own life, Spirit won't allow you to go to Bigger Venues.

John Sorensen

The process of various enlightenment, illuminations etc or States and Stages of consciousness as outlined at length in Ken Wilber's work - is always ongoing.
As humanity moves into new states and new stages, we discover that there is always another "level" beyond where we are at.

The highest "enlightenment" of 3000 years ago is like the most basic enlightenment today. Evolution of consciousness is always ongoing and changing and without limits, and we are in the process of discovering new states and stages, as have our ancestors before us.

We are not finished and done any more than All That Is, is.

In the most basic meditation training, some teachers talk about true meditation doesn't make you feel happy or blissed out, if anything it makes you feel WORSE. Because all the "stuff" that you've been hiding from or refused to look at is now held in your awareness.
Of course to move through all that means both facing everything, denying nothing, and the more you hold something in your awareness, the more you simply "witness" it without any type of judgement or doing anything at all - the more it moves from subjective to objective.

My "shiyty experience" is no longer who I AM, but something I experienced and can witness. When something have moved from 1st person to 3rd person we can move beyond it, that is it is still part of who we are and have experienced, but we no longer identify solely with that experience. It's only one slice of pie, rather than the whole pie.

BethAnne

Maybe she is swinging back and forth between her parallel lives?   :)
He strikes me as her Ring Master?

John Sorensen

I don't like to categorize or label people, but I have met in person many people who feel a need to follow somebody or something outside of themselves. An external authority as they don't feel entirely confident to rely on themselves.
There is nothing wrong with that when we are children, it's natural and healthy, but as adults we need to move beyond that stage to continue growing.
But it's also important to me not to judge others, or where they are at in life. Maybe I don't like them or what they are on about. But I would never seek to deny them their own experience, or the methods they have chosen to learn by in this lifetime and the contrasts their behaviors and beliefs offer them.

BethAnne

many people who feel a need to follow somebody or something outside of themselves.

I feel this is the crux of the growing pains with people on this planet.  I would say the majority of people fall into this to some degree.  Fundamentalist more so no matter what the religion....or politics....or education.  I grew up in a college town and there were a lot of people/professors who toed the Party Line.

I believe this is also a stage you go through for the person who is a seeker.  For awhile when I was her age I was "attracting"   Medicine Men and pretend Indians and would hang on their every word.   Some was Cosmic and some was BS.   ;D

BTW, How did your family drama turn out?  Your girlfriends family talking to you?

John Sorensen

I have no idea. It's still ongoing. It's not really my drama as such, I'm more the person who is witnessing it.

My partners extended family lives overseas, so we have no seen them since they last dropped in, nor talked to them.
The next time that family member is back, we've both agreed to say look "be civil" or we will ask that person to leave the house. If they refuse we can leave the house and call the police.

But nobody wants that, however you have to draw the line with people who get so angry and won't face the repressed issues that are leading to their anger etc, that they then project onto whoever is convenient. I've had enough of that crap for one lifetime thanks. Now when people aim that sort of nonsense in my direction I tell them to get fucked. I usually walk away, as I'm not a violent person, but when someone comes in to the place where you live with that sort of bullying energy, you have to stand up to them and not take shit from people.

The key thing is to stand your ground, and not change to suit them. They don't have to like it, but they do have to accept that your point of view if your point of view, and they don't want to get along or be civil, then they can leave the house etc.

It's not just me, but my partner who has been bullied for years by this family member. I've said to my partner we need to stand up to him together, and if he doesn't like it, well tough shit. We are not asking to him to like our point of view, or agree with it, but he needs to know that the bullying behavior will not be tolerated here.

BethAnne

he needs to know that the bullying behavior will not be tolerated here.
Personal boundaries are important.
I've gotten a lot from this guy as that has been an issue for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eqyx4YJb2jo

Batfan007

The key for me is not bullying people back. I'm gone from being someone who lives very too passively to at times being overly dominating myself, partly as a result of life long bullying.

I tend to alternate between verbal ju-jitsu and verbal aikido.

Both come from the same parent system.
But for for me the verbal ju-jitsu is standing my ground and not backing down, holding my own place of power etc.

The verbal Aikido is blending with any "attack" rather than head on attack or defense. A blending of two selves that many good conflict negotiators, mediators, hostage negotiators, therapists etc often instinctively use, but which I am pretty crap at, and often forget to actually do.

I really have no issue in standing up to people. But there is a time and a place for anything. Sometimes I get so angry that I genuinely want to hurt or inflict physical harm on someone. But I don't want to do that, so I de-escalate, walk away etc. The exception being if someone were to physically attack me or those I am responsible for / in my care etc. In that situation they would meet a different person entirely.

But mainly, I have emphasised to my partner that SHE needs to stand up for herself also. And I have reinforced that many times, as it has been a lifetime thing for her with this person, while for me it's new, as he is just doing the same thing with me, that he has been doing to her. But he will find that that pattern has been broken, which makes him uncomfortable as he doesn't want to confront whatever his own issues are.

My part is to consistently communicate both to him and my partner that that behavior is not okay in this house, what he does outside of here, is none of my business.

BethAnne

I'm having a little Drama with a young friend who is dealing with verbal abuse from his mother.  At first I was getting sucked into the chaos and then it dawned on me "This has nothing to do with me".  All I'm here for is to provide a Mirror for him that is not warped.

My favorite quote

BethAnne

I'm throwing this out there.  Not so much because it's Bigfoot, but the details on how they jump dimensions.  Now how true all of this is I don't  know but from pure science fiction it is fun.  The dimensional shifting sounds similar to  what I do if I'm ready to Shift Out of Here.   ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yImlT1-6Qmg

I watched a bunch of Channeling Eric videos yesterday and it does resonate.  The premise is odd.  This Woman (who is an  atheist shrink) lost her son to suicide now she invites Mediums to channel her son, Eric.  The woman who seems sweet would drive me up the wall, but the Mediums are a hoot and feel "True".

Two videos that helped me a lot are "Are you an empath" and "are you a lightworker".    Both helped clarify boundaries.

Batfan007

Why do you think there is so much of this "Lightworker" stuff around these days BethAnne? It feels like everybody wants to jump on that bandwagon, and yet anything I see on the topic is wildly contradictory.

I mean did this term even exist 20 years ago? When did it become a "thing".

JimK

Quote from: Batfan007Why do you think there is so much of this "Lightworker" stuff around these days BethAnne? It feels like everybody wants to jump on that bandwagon, and yet anything I see on the topic is wildly contradictory.

I mean did this term even exist 20 years ago? When did it become a "thing".

Interesting question, John. I'm not sure when or where the term lightworker came into being. I get the gist of the concept, but I've got to leave tracking the origin down to someone else. It's just outside of my focus.

BethAnne

People who would't have scratched the surface on this stuff are throwing these concepts around quite easily these days.  Just regular people are noticing that things are getting a bit fuzzy.

Joelr

Quote from: John Sorensen
Quote from: Deb on July 15, 2015, 09:23:43 PM
QuoteThe theory is a spinoff of the many-worlds interpretation in quantum mechanics — an idea that posits that all possible alternative histories and futures are real, each representing an actual, though parallel, world.
QuoteIn the well-known 'Many-Worlds Interpretation', each universe branches into a bunch of new universes every time a quantum measurement is made. All possibilities are therefore realised.

Sounds like they got around to reading DC Comics Crisis on infinite earths.
It was a book length comic series that came out in 1985 where the multiverse collapses. Then a decade or so later they brought it all back again.

Actually DC also had parallel earth stories in the 50's and 60's. It's easy to write fantasy and SciFi off as fiction, but as Seth has said numerous times, many multidimensional ideas are communicated symbolically through art as we find art less threatening than rockbed reality.

I've often wondered about this, did physics or Seth come out with this first?

"Many-worlds interpretation"  became known as that when it was named by John Wheeler in the early 70's. But it was first put forth by Hugh Everett in his thesis in 1953. It was called the Steady State theory. John Wheeler was talking about it in an interview and came up with the name.
Seth started talking about probable worlds in the 60's.

Edited by Admin to add a missing close quote.