Paul Selig

Started by Dandelion, September 03, 2016, 06:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandelion

Has anyone read anything by Paul Selig?  He's a channel and has done several books.  (website:  http://paulselig.com/about-paul/ ).  His terminology appears to be more religious than the Seth books.  I've received my second free audio book credit and am thinking about using it on his book "The Book of Knowing and Worth: A Channeled Text."  It's actually the third in a 3-book series, but the description of this one appeals to me more than the first 2.  There's also the first book of a new series available, "The Book of Mastery," but I may be able to borrow that from my local library.

Deb

Quote from: DandelionHas anyone read anything by Paul Selig?

I have not heard of him before, but I just took a look at his web site and he sounds incredibly interesting. Been featured on ABC News, Fox News, Biography Channel, etc., master's degree from Yale, NYU faculty member for 25+ years. Top notch web site, nice professional photograph. Sign me up! Seriously, he does come with a lot of credentials. If he wasn't so expensive ($250 for a 30 minute reading, $450 if you're in a hurry) I'd be tempted... I'm also tempted to read something by him. Maybe I just need to take a year off and spend it reading all these good books that have been coming my way.

Have you ever watched Tuning In - Spirit Channelers in America? That came up early on in this forum, it was pretty interesting. But no one of Selig's caliber. You can find it here:

Quote from: daethymeI think you will like this one too.
We have much coming to us now that the time has shifted, and in the fall of 16, everything changes.
ciao
dae

Update: I just found his books are available at my library via audio streaming. The Book of Worth and Knowing is also interesting to me, I think I'm going to get it. I love audio books, I'm more than half way through Catherine the Great right now which is 19 cds. I should speed that up and then move on to Selig. Thanks for the tip!

Deb

Just started listening to the Selig book and I have the feeling I've just boarded a rollercoaster. I actually had to stop listening because I was working in the yard at the time and decided I'd rather devote some quiet time to listen to it, without distractions. I'm going to put some quotes from the Intro under the Return of the Christ topic, because right now they fit. You can just follow the link in this quote to that topic. I hope the entire book is as good as it's starting out to be.

Quote from: DebYou are worth what you say you are. You always have been. If you say you are worth two dollars, you will call yourself two dollars; you will claim two dollars and not a penny more. When you know you are the Christ, the aspect of the Creator that may be in form, by the level of knowing and design and creation that is available at that level of consciousness, you claim your identity in a new way and your world, your world, your world will reflect this.

Deb

Enjoying the book. The message is the same, just presented in a slightly different way. I'm always looking for a variety of versions of Seth's messages, hoping that after hearing it presented in so many different ways it will finally sink in and give me a leg up to progress. Any way, I woke up at an ungodly hour this morning and decided to listen to the book while trying to will myself back to sleep. At one point I wondered: if the book was dictated and recorded, why was the audio book narrated rather than using the original channeled recording? Then I found this video. Now I get it. At about 20 minutes, Paul starts channeling. :)  There is a sort of "feedback" quality to his monologue. Not very user friendly. The narrator of the book has a droning, hypnotic quality to his voice and style. Perfect.
https://youtu.be/Z7BI0Lgb9Kk 

Dandelion

He does have an odd method for channeling, first "whispering" the words, them repeating then in a "normal" voice.  I don't think I could listen to it for very long, so I really appreciate that the book is narrated, rather than being the actual channeling sessions.  I'm about halfway through chapter 3.  It's not something I can listen to casually, but so far have liked it.  In fact, if it continues to hold my interest, I may get his latest book, "The Book of Mastery" for my third free audiobook.  I've been having trouble picking a third one because I either don't like the content in the samples I've listened to or find the narrator grating.

Deb

Quote from: DandelionHe does have an odd method for channeling, first "whispering" the words, them repeating then in a "normal" voice.

Yes, there's something about that, that makes me nervous. Not a worried nervous, there's just a lot of ENERGY behind his speaking (and to watch the video, physical movement as well) that makes me tense up a little and therefore am not as open to hearing what he's saying. Maybe it's just distracting, that's why I'm trying to say. One of the things I really enjoy about the book is that what's said seems appropriate to my current state of being at the time I'm listening. Last night I listened for about an hour in bed, in the dark, and came to the end of a chapter where the messengers said they were going to "attend to each of you this night as you align to us and give us permission to shake you up... to a new way of being, as you" and something like "we thank you, stop now please." And so I did. So they could get to work helping me. ;) The book is very interactive. I also think I'll be reading another book of Selig's after this one, either The Book of Mastery or The Book of Love and Creation, not sure yet. All of his books have 5 stars on Amazon.

This Hoopla app that works with my local library is pretty nice, I can get his audio books for free. The only problem is that the books are not broken down by chapters so it's difficult to go back and forth in the book by scrubbing the audio bar. At least I can bookmark things.

Dandelion

The religious filter to the material is a slight impediment for me.  The use of religious-based words and the inclusion of some of the basic concepts behind religions means I can't simply listen to the information with a completely open mind.  I have to sort through it as I listen, constantly deciding what aligns with my beliefs and what doesn't.  Not that I don't always do a certain amount of evaluating with anything I read, but ideas presented with a religious context seem to take more work on my part.  But I do feel there is value in the material that makes it well worth the effort.

Deb

Quote from: DandelionThe religious filter to the material is a slight impediment for me.  The use of religious-based words and the inclusion of some of the basic concepts behind religions means I can't simply listen to the information with a completely open mind.

I know what you mean. The religious undertones are also odd to me, considering Paul grew up as an Atheist and as far as I've heard, that has not changed. I don't get it and do my best to ignore it.

Dandelion

What has been particularly interesting to me is that the audio is an "experience" that I don't think would be the same if I was just reading the text.  And I did not get that same "feeling" or sense from the other audiobook I have (the one by Lynne McTaggart).  This feeling of it being an "experience" is why I'll probably get another of his books for my third free audiobook, rather than just read the paperback. 

There was one passage I listened to this morning that I was particularly struck by and I may try to share it when I have the time.  I've been really busy trying to finish multiple projects, and when I'm not working on them, I usually too tired to focus on anything too complicated.

Dandelion

I've just started listening to The Book of Mastery by Paul Selig.  It's the first of a trilogy, and supposedly, the beginning of the "important" teachings from the channeled source.  The 3 earlier books that make up his first series were to lay down the basics, and it's not necessary to read them to understand the new series.  However, for myself, I'm glad I listened to The Book of Knowing and Worth first, since it addressed issues that specifically apply to me. 

An interesting thought that came to me as a result of listening to this channeled material was that there are things that I "know" (intuitively versus intellectually) but that I do not truly "believe."  An odd statement, but what I mean is that the beliefs I am living by, the ones that I'm using to structure my experience and reality, do not coincide with what I know, deep down, to be true.  Not yet, anyway.  For instance, one truth I know is that we all have value, and that value is inherent in life itself.  We have value because we exist.  It's not based on what one has or what one does.  That means we are all of equal value.  But my physically-based personality/ego self does not believe this, has not accepted this, and, in fact, is still resisting changing beliefs that are contradictory to this truth.  So the beliefs that are creating my life are still based on old, externally-taught ideas about value, ones that create low self-esteem, a need for external validation, and judgment of oneself and others, etc.  This resistance to changing my beliefs, this disbelief in inherent value that I'm holding on to, is why I feel uncomfortable with text which talks about the "Divine" in all of us, or says that we are God or The Creator or All That Is.  That means it's not about a discomfit with religion ideas, or a rejection of religion; it's about belief and about worth.

And of course, that's probably one of the reasons why I chose The Book of Knowing and Worth first out of the other books by Paul Selig.  But it seems funny/strange to me that even when one knows a truth, one still has to work to align one's core beliefs with that truth.  You'd think that if one knows something to be true and understands it, that the beliefs to support it would automatically fall into place.  But I guess this resistance to changing any beliefs at all, even unhelpful or discredited ones, is the ego's last ditch effort to defend its territory.

Deb

Quote from: DandelionWhat has been particularly interesting to me is that the audio is an "experience" that I don't think would be the same if I was just reading the text.

I'm with you there. This book has been a unique experience for me: the first book I've ever read where the 'author(s)' offer an active assistance to the readers/listeners for spiritual advancement. It could be a gimmick, or it could be real. My choice, I guess. "Anything is possible" is definitely a reality for me. I've lived it over and over again. Exciting (and liberating) stuff.

Quote from: DandelionBut it seems funny/strange to me that even when one knows a truth, one still has to work to align one's core beliefs with that truth.  You'd think that if one knows something to be true and understands it, that the beliefs to support it would automatically fall into place.  But I guess this resistance to changing any beliefs at all, even unhelpful or discredited ones, is the ego's last ditch effort to defend its territory.

Truth. I know this stuff inside and out, and yet that's not enough. At least for me. It's aways a challenge.  But I suppose if that wasn't the case for me, I wouldn't be here.

I'll be finishing this book soon enough and am looking forward to the next one. I hope the narrator is the same. His voice is rather hypnotic. I think that adds to the effect.

Sena

Quote from: DandelionThis resistance to changing my beliefs, this disbelief in inherent value that I'm holding on to, is why I feel uncomfortable with text which talks about the "Divine" in all of us, or says that we are God or The Creator or All That Is.  That means it's not about a discomfit with religion ideas, or a rejection of religion; it's about belief and about worth.
The big problem we have is that we have been taught that God is "up there" in heaven or on the altar, and that we should kneel down before the altar. To realize that God is within each one of us takes a revolution in thought.

The Indian custom of greeting one another with the "namaste" gesture acknowledges God in every human being.

LenKop

'There are things that I 'know', but do not truly 'believe'. - Dandelion

This quote had me racing back to my University days, studying Epistemology as part of the Philosophy course. So many questions....What is knowledge? How far removed, if at all, are my intuitive and intellectual properties? How certain am I that my inner knowledge is not simply a belief that I take for granted?

I know Seth often states that direct experience is the only way. He, or any teacher, is just a guide. And, although the classical western philosophies take a strongly rational approach, and also consider luck in many equations, they are still very useful in posing penetrating questions into our belief systems.

For example, when Dandelion mentions knowing that everyone has equal value, but doesn't believe it, I can relate. But can this simply mean I really haven't experienced this with everyone I've ever met? Or is there a belief inside me that sees some nasty individuals out in the world and questions what value could they possibly bring to this world? Or, as you said, is it a self esteem issue, where everyone else is equal, but deep within there is a sense of a powerlessness? My logical brain says it's impossible to ever meet everyone in the world anyway, so how would i ever know if we are all equal? Or is it all of the above?

The thing the struck me strongest was the word 'equal'. I think I've been brainwashed for so long that at first inspection I thought 'yeah, we are all equal'....but what does that mean. There's a strong implication in that word of lesser and greater, and perhaps a part of me has been taught to be the 'best' i can. Also, a part of me is fortifying my individuality, as 'equal' strangely feels like the 'same'.

I suppose if we haven't directly experienced something, what could we truly know about it? I'm reading Seth, but I've never experienced the sessions. But I have experienced creating my own reality, so I guess there's a truth there. But then again, did I make it true because I believed it in the first place, or is there a 'universal, objective truth'? If the universal truth is that our beliefs create, then is there any difference between a 'truth' and a 'belief'? So, if I believe I have self-esteem issues, then it becomes the truth. And if I believe everyone is equal, then that's true. But if I don't believe in equality, then that's true too, isn't it?

Now all those learned among us will profoundly say that equality becomes debatable at deeper levels, obviously, as there is no real separation, so judgment is illusory, or at least directed at one's self. But how many of us have directly experienced 'no real separation'?

'You form the fabric of your experience through your own beliefs and expectations. These personal ideas about yourself and the nature of reality will affect your thoughts and emotions. You take your beliefs about reality as truth, and often do not questions them. They seem self-explanatory. They appear in your mind as statements of fact, far too obvious for examination.

'Therefore they are accepted without question too often. They are not recognized as beliefs about reality, but are instead considered characteristics of reality itself. Frequently, such ideas appear indisputable, so a part of you that it does not occur to you to speculate about their validity. They become invisible assumptions, but they nevertheless color and form your personal experience.' NOPR Ch 2, Session 614

LK

JimK

Pretty deep stuff, Len.

Lynda Madden Dahl
September 16 at 4:47pm ·
A Seth Reminder... (short and sweet) :-)
"The consciousness of each reader of this book existed before the universe was formed

I thought of this post Lynda made. And then Seth says that we go through multiple incarnations into this physical reality, each with a pre-birth plan. So, I'm thinking that, among other things, this is a learning experience for each of us and also for humankind. What do you think?

Ginny

Just downloaded the audio book for a free trial on amazon.  Not sure this format is the best one for me.

Dandelion

Quote from: DebI'll be finishing this book soon enough and am looking forward to the next one. I hope the narrator is the same. His voice is rather hypnotic. I think that adds to the effect.

The narrator for all 4 of the Audible Audiobooks is the author, Paul Selig.  I assume it's the same for the library audiobooks you're listening to.  His voice and modulation definitely add to the experience.  I'm also wondering if there's something added to the energy of the audio because he was the one who channeled the material.  There's something about it, and, and in spite of the religious filter to the material, I'm thinking about actually purchasing his first 2 audiobooks, now that I've used up all my free credits.  With the Audible listening app, I do have separate chapters and links to them, but oddly enough, they're off by one when compared the text.  When the teacher guides say Chapter 3, I'm actually starting Chapter 4 in the audiobook.

Quote from: SenaThe big problem we have is that we have been taught that God is "up there" in heaven or on the altar, and that we should kneel down before the altar. To realize that God is within each one of us takes a revolution in thought.

Another problem is that science, religion, and psychology all attack the ego/the human self in different ways:  Survival of the fittest; being born in sin and/or sinful by nature; and being egotistical and selfish.  To believe that we are "of God" or Divine in the face of all that would mean rejecting almost everything we've been taught.

Quote from: GinnyJust downloaded the audio book for a free trial on amazon.

Which one did you get, Ginny?

@LenKop   Rather than a specific reply, I'll add some thoughts that I've had as a result of your comments plus the additional reading and reflection that I've been doing.  I did mean equal value, not equality with everyone being the same or even at the same level.  Not only that, there are many different types of levels, depending on what one is comparing. 

I think the kinds of questions we're both asking ourselves involve the main dilemma of the ego/intellect:  There are things it simply doesn't understand and may not be able to.  The inner self knows things that can not be fully symbolized.  That is, it can not be put into words or otherwise expressed in physical reality.  The intellect gets caught in circular thinking when trying to understand these things.

My speculation about why I am seeing this sharp schism between my inner knowing and the beliefs that are shaping my life is that I am trying to strengthen and increase the role of my inner self.  For the most part, my intellect has been in charge of my life, what I've usually relied on, especially during difficult times.  My inner self and my intellect need to be better balanced and need to work together.  I need to trust the things that I "know" and bring them into my life.

For me, truth is that deep inner knowing.  Beliefs are things that we "make" true, so in a sense, they are true, but only because we are creating them in our current reality.

Batfan007

Quote from: LenKop
'There are things that I 'know', but do not truly 'believe'. - Dandelion

This quote had me racing back to my University days, studying Epistemology as part of the Philosophy course. So many questions....What is knowledge? How far removed, if at all, are my intuitive and intellectual properties? How certain am I that my inner knowledge is not simply a belief that I take for granted?

I know Seth often states that direct experience is the only way. He, or any teacher, is just a guide. And, although the classical western philosophies take a strongly rational approach, and also consider luck in many equations, they are still very useful in posing penetrating questions into our belief systems.

For example, when Dandelion mentions knowing that everyone has equal value, but doesn't believe it, I can relate. But can this simply mean I really haven't experienced this with everyone I've ever met? Or is there a belief inside me that sees some nasty individuals out in the world and questions what value could they possibly bring to this world? Or, as you said, is it a self esteem issue, where everyone else is equal, but deep within there is a sense of a powerlessness? My logical brain says it's impossible to ever meet everyone in the world anyway, so how would i ever know if we are all equal? Or is it all of the above?

The thing the struck me strongest was the word 'equal'. I think I've been brainwashed for so long that at first inspection I thought 'yeah, we are all equal'....but what does that mean. There's a strong implication in that word of lesser and greater, and perhaps a part of me has been taught to be the 'best' i can. Also, a part of me is fortifying my individuality, as 'equal' strangely feels like the 'same'.

I suppose if we haven't directly experienced something, what could we truly know about it? I'm reading Seth, but I've never experienced the sessions. But I have experienced creating my own reality, so I guess there's a truth there. But then again, did I make it true because I believed it in the first place, or is there a 'universal, objective truth'? If the universal truth is that our beliefs create, then is there any difference between a 'truth' and a 'belief'? So, if I believe I have self-esteem issues, then it becomes the truth. And if I believe everyone is equal, then that's true. But if I don't believe in equality, then that's true too, isn't it?

Now all those learned among us will profoundly say that equality becomes debatable at deeper levels, obviously, as there is no real separation, so judgment is illusory, or at least directed at one's self. But how many of us have directly experienced 'no real separation'?

'You form the fabric of your experience through your own beliefs and expectations. These personal ideas about yourself and the nature of reality will affect your thoughts and emotions. You take your beliefs about reality as truth, and often do not questions them. They seem self-explanatory. They appear in your mind as statements of fact, far too obvious for examination.

'Therefore they are accepted without question too often. They are not recognized as beliefs about reality, but are instead considered characteristics of reality itself. Frequently, such ideas appear indisputable, so a part of you that it does not occur to you to speculate about their validity. They become invisible assumptions, but they nevertheless color and form your personal experience.' NOPR Ch 2, Session 614

LK

The issue for me of all humans being equal is: in material terms, no, not at all.

However the inherit worth, value and potential of all humans being is equal, the sacredness of every portion of all that is, is equal. The potential of experience and Value Fulfillment is equal, even when the surface of reality appears otherwise.

The error in belief, self-worth, the meme of self-loathing, the error in perception, the culturally mandated beliefs of inadequacy, scarcity of resources and constant reinforcement of survival instincts and fear oriented behavior in the material world to me is where the confusion comes in.

I am worthy, you are worthy, every being, every personality, every unique expression of all that is, every atom, every piece of existence and non-existence is equal in terms of its inherit Value and Worth.

To me it's an error of human perception and values to hypnotize ourselves otherwise.
In my own experience it's an intellectual knowledge, but also a deeply felt personal experience, or satori or whatever term you prefer. Both experiences are important. The western rational, and the eastern direct personal experience. small enlightenment AND big enlightenment, one can not take the place of the other, and indeed, all experience in the long term are complementary.

It's touching the face of god in your own lunch hour, and never truly doubting that direct experience of your own self, of all that is, and all that isn't. Even when on the surface I may doubt this or that, or feel depressed, there is never any doubt or misconception of who and what I am, or the vitality of Life.

One of the things I love about the Seth material (all of it) is that it is peppered with practical simple exercises that we can use any time we please, in a very short period of time, mere moments, to take us into deep personal experiences of the deeper reality, of the inner reality while still rooted in physical time and space, in bodily incarnation.

To the western mind, some of those exercises seem impractical, silly or frivolous, but IMAGINATION is perhaps the most important human capacity to develop if we want a deeper personal direct experience of inner realities.

The challenge (to most adults) is to make it fun rather then "serious". Serious inquiry often results in distorted information, I find the playful ways Seth recommends help to loosen up our constipated psyches and imagination.

While "Nature of Personal Reality" is one of Seth's most useful and practical beginners books in my experience, "The Magical Approach" I think is one of his most essential teachings, and closer to the larger nature of reality, and to me the essence of his framework and teachings and something that I think if more people embraced in their own unique way, well i think the ideas in that book given physical expression - we would see the end of war very fast, we would see very rapid but integrated changes on our planet at all levels.

I think at least some of the folks who are deeply into the living of the Seth material and ideas (and expression of the inner self in the everyday outer world) are time travellers of sorts. Whatever the framework or paradigms are in the present day, at least some people are like from a little down the road, a litte in the future where various changes have already happened, changes of value and culture and "equality" and affirmation of Life at all levels, and living here and now, not doing but  BEING is being a living example, an anchor of these types of integrated core human values and acceptance of all types of energies.
Love, hate, war peace, light, dark, other, what-fucking-ever.

Like a surfer riding a wave, ours is not to fight the wave, but to move with it, to find our alignment with the universal currents of energy and life that flow through us all, and model that for other people, and show people in a practical way that life is not meaningless chaos or purposeless, but full of meaning and purpose at all levels.

"Is Everybody In....?"

Ginny

I'm listening to The book of mastery.".

I'm struggling with the format....

Dandelion

Quote from: GinnyI'm listening to The book of mastery.".

I'm struggling with the format....

The free audiobooks that I got are the first time I've ever tried listening to a book, so it's been a learning experience for me.  It does take good concentration.  I find I can't listen to it if I'm feeling distracted by anything or too tired.  And even when I'm really focusing on it, I still have to pause it sometimes to reflect on things, to be sure I understand what he's saying.  I've also had to repeat certain parts, especially when I've felt he was trying to make a particularly important point.  I'm listening on my little Kindle Fire and went into the app settings for audiobooks to increase the back button to 60 seconds instead of the default of 30 seconds because I seemed to have to hit the back button at least twice to get to the beginning of the part I wanted to have repeated.

Quote from: Batfan007While "Nature of Personal Reality" is one of Seth's most useful and practical beginners books in my experience, "The Magical Approach" I think is one of his most essential teachings, and closer to the larger nature of reality, and to me the essence of his framework and teachings and something that I think if more people embraced in their own unique way, well i think the ideas in that book given physical expression - we would see the end of war very fast, we would see very rapid but integrated changes on our planet at all levels.

I recently re-read "The Magical Approach" because I'm trying to integrate my intuition and intellect so that they work together.  In some ways, that one feels "lightweight" compared to his other books, but I agree that it is the essence of his framework and teachings, especially in the way they can be applied to our current reality.  It's the summary version to be used for practical application.  Of course, I'm also the kind of person who needs to understand all the stuff behind the stuff, so the deeper books like "The Nature of Personal Reality" and The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events" are essential reading for me.

Deb

Quote from: GinnyI'm struggling with the format....
Quote from: DandelionIt does take good concentration.  I find I can't listen to it if I'm feeling distracted by anything or too tired.

I'm just about finished with this audio book. I've read many audio books in the past and I really enjoy them, but this one does take a certain frame of mind when listening. Others, I can be driving across country or across town and listen and learn with no problem. But this type of information DOES take concentration and I need to set aside time for myself where there are no distractions so I can absorb and process. Sometimes I'll just take a break during the day, find a quiet place and listen. Other times I listen in bed at night, but then I tend to fall asleep... and have to repeat what I missed.

Also it took me a while to adjust to the narrator's voice and style. But I also do this with physical books: every author has their unique writing style, almost their own language, and I have to adjust to it. Once I adjust, I'm good for the duration.

Quote from: DandelionThe narrator for all 4 of the Audible Audiobooks is the author, Paul Selig.  I assume it's the same for the library audiobooks you're listening to.

Uh, uh... really? I couldn't find this information. I LOVE audio books narrated by the author. I feel they have a specific, unique energy to them. All the better. I need to go back to his YouTubes and compare the voices.

Quote from: DandelionI'm also the kind of person who needs to understand all the stuff behind the stuff, so the deeper books like "The Nature of Personal Reality" and The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events" are essential reading for me.

That's so totally me. I have a friend that introduced me to Abraham Hicks many years ago, which brought me to Seth... and he has no idea why I'm so into the Seth stuff. I revel in the details, while he heard A-H say, "you're here to be happy" and he ran with that. That's all it took.

I found some real gems further into the Selig book. Today I went through days 20, 21, 22 and was so into them that I may end up buying a copy of the book just so I can re-read them when I want to. The App I'm using to listen to the book doesn't allow jumping to chapters so is a bit inconvenient. I have used the back button quite a bit, and I bookmark where I left off and tend to re-listen to some things over and over. But since it was all free, I can't complain. I have to say this is the most unique book I've read. It occurred to me today that much of the book points out how our experience is rooted in our agreement and acceptance of conditions of this reality. It really makes sense from the Seth perspective of mass events and other systems that point to collective consciousness. The book has also made me take a good look at where I'm at right now and how willing I am to be honest with myself and true to who I am at any cost. Without fear. Which I didn't realize before how much really affects our decisions. Fear, the arch nemesis of love and freedom and self-realization.

Quote from: Batfan007"Is Everybody In....?"

Hell yes, count me in. That was beautiful.

Quote from: Batfan007I am worthy, you are worthy, every being, every personality, every unique expression of all that is, every atom, every piece of existence and non-existence is equal in terms of its inherit Value and Worth.

Wow, great post. Deep. Going here next...

Quote from: SenaThe Indian custom of greeting one another with the "namaste" gesture acknowledges God in every human being.

Wow, that just went kind of deep for me. Thank you for the explanation. I know a lot of people who say namaste, but never really knew the meaning/purpose behind it. I wish more cultures had adopted that practice. I'll keep it in my head as a reminder to continue to see that spark of All That Is in everyone I meet. Where things get sticky for me is in cases like the Jeffrey Dahlmers, Ted Bundys, child molesters, suicide bombers, other monsters. It's said in the Selig Knowing book that we don't have to LOVE everyone, just acknowledge that they are each an aspect of ATI/God. No doubt I need some work in this area, because I still can't put people that harm others into the same category as people who operated out of love.

Quote from: SenaThe big problem we have is that we have been taught that God is "up there" in heaven or on the altar, and that we should kneel down before the altar. To realize that God is within each one of us takes a revolution in thought.

I thought about this when I came across a web site today on painting techniques. This is the sort of mentality I've been exposed to, locally, regarding the Christian perspective. I found it a bit depressing, but it didn't tarnish my respect for her artistic abilities:

"I'm a Christian, a Jesus follower. He gave His life away for the greatest reason possible: so everyone could understand that we can have eternal life. As a follower, I give my life away freely, too, though not like He did (since I'm obviously not God.) My firm belief is that...God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners....For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord.

I've learned immeasurably important lessons as a wife and mom, things that are of eternal merit, and I unabashedly state that I value my submissive (yes--the 's' word!) role as a wife.

Maybe you know that God loves you, but you also realize that you've done things that are wrong—you've sinned. That sin separates you from God. Out of His great love He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to die as the sacrifice to pay for your sins. His resurrection is the ultimate evidence of eternal life. When you recognize your need and want to begin to live as a new creation, you can ask Jesus to be your Savior and Lord in prayer. "

Aside from that, a nice Paul Selig video:

https://youtu.be/DfDRZHyjIJg

JimK

Yah, Deb, I see where things get sticky for you.

(Where things get sticky for me is in cases like the Jeffrey Dahlmers, Ted Bundys, child molesters, suicide bombers, other monsters.)

A similar way of looking at it is like the New Thought folks do. You love the Spirit within
others, but that doesn't mean that you have to like them or the things that they do.

Dandelion

@Deb  You could also listen to the audio sample for Amazon's Audible audiobook to see if it's the same narrator as what you are listening to.  "The Book of Mastery" might be the best sample to listen to since it's excerpted from the channeled material, rather than starting with introductory comments.

https://www.amazon.com/The-Book-of-Mastery/dp/B019Y9A8DG/

Deb

Quote from: DandelionYou could also listen to the audio sample for Amazon's Audible audiobook

Yes, what a great idea, why didn't I think if that? Same voice, thank you!

Sena

Quote from: DebMaybe you know that God loves you, but you also realize that you've done things that are wrong—you've sinned. That sin separates you from God. Out of His great love He sent His only Son, Jesus Christ, to die as the sacrifice to pay for your sins.
The Great Lie.

Batfan007

We the church separate you from that which you know to be true, in efforts to be little dicators and power mongers, and also you must pay us for this privilege of keeping you ignorant.

That's my translation. 8)

Dandelion

I've just finished listening to "The Book of Mastery."  Toward the end of it, I started to get a feeling of resistance, partly, I think, because of the language/word choices and the religious filter, as well as to some of the concepts, though it could also have been some ego resistance.  Regardless of what was causing it, I was left with an odd niggling feeling about it.  Over the years, I've learned to trust that kind of feeling to help me sort out what's right for me.  That doesn't mean it's not right for someone else, and I still liked "The Book of Knowing and Worth" which I'll probably listen to again.  I also bought his first 2 books to listen to and will share my thoughts about them when I eventually listen to them.  However, I may need to take a short break from his books in order to recover from this last one.   ;D

My speculation is that if he's channeling the Christ entity, then there will be a certain perspective imprinted on the material that affects the language and actually limits the information in some ways.  There's an archaic feeling to it.

Deb

Thanks for the heads up. I think there was an explanation of the religious overtones in the Book of Worth about the religious undertones not being religious, but again for me, I have a knee-jerk reaction to the lingo and I struggle with that. I really wonder why the books have such heavy Christian language to them considering Paul has been a life-long atheist. I'm tempted to try to contact him and ask what that's about.

My library does not have the Mastery book and I didn't want to spend the money for the audio version just in case I didn't like it, so I ended up buying the printed version on the cheap and just barely started reading. I like having 'real' books anyway, if they're good, so I can highlight and underline to my heart's content.

One neat thing about the paperback is that the pages are deckled in signatures, something I haven't seen before in a paperback. Just another unique characteristic that sets these books apart from others.

Quote from: DandelionMy speculation is that if he's channeling the Christ entity, then there will be a certain perspective imprinted on the material that affects the language and actually limits the information in some ways.

My take on it is if he really WAS channeling the Christ entity, there would be less or no religious overtones because from what I've read (limited), Christ seemed less about religion and more about self-empowerment. I think Christianity was created at least 100 years after he existed (or at least the gospels written), and the religion almost seems like a slap in the face to what he actually represented.

I'll also share my take on the book when I make some progress.

Deb

Well, naturally I haven't had time to read the book. But... there's this, which came via an email this morning:

"Paul Selig
Truth & Transformation: A Channeled Weekend Workshop in Santa Fe

Saturday, December 3rd: 10 am - 5 pm
Sunday, December 4th: 10 am - 5 pm

Award-winning author and channel Paul Selig will lead an intimate channeled weekend workshop where you will work directly with his Guides and their practical program for achieveing personal growth and overcoming the obstacles that are hindering you on the way. Through lectures, attunements, Q&A and energy work, Paul and his Guides will lead you on an unprecedented journey of self-development to achieve new levels of alignment, healing and life purpose."

Hmmmmm. Do I dare consider this opportunity? So soon after visiting Joe Dispenza in November? Santa Fe is just a 5+ hour drive from home...

And I could combine this with a visit with @BethAnne if she's still around, and another friend.

Tempting.