Manifestation of the Ideal Quote

Started by Marianna, December 13, 2017, 11:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marianna

Hi Everyone,

I haven't found this quote in the database, so I don't know where it comes from. I only have it pinned on my quote board. You will see why I love it - the reckless part, and the fact that the ideal will not betray you.

" Your joy, your challenge, should be in the manifestation of the ideal as you see it, whether or not you can in your terms count the consequences or the impediments — whether or not the expression comes to fulfillment in your terms — and even if it seems to fall on ground on which it will not grow."
Be reckless in the expression of the ideal and it will never betray you. The ideal is meaningless if it is not physical manifested. To one degree or another. "

UR2  Introductory Notes by Robert F. Butts (maybe)

transient amnesia

Marianna

Yeah, TA, I only now noticed that it's somewhat contradictory. Maybe someone will help us out here :)

What I gathered from this piece was "be reckless and still go ahead even if you don't see where the whole thing is going" (''fall on the ground on which it'll grow" part).

transient amnesia

Deb

Quote from: Marianna
I haven't found this quote in the database, so I don't know where it comes from. I only have it pinned on my quote board. You will see why I love it - the reckless part, and the fact that the ideal will not betray you.

Well sorry to always be the party pooper, but I love Seth quotes and just had to look it up. It is mentioned in four different places! http://search.sethtalks.com/q/reckless/

To me the word reckless here speaks of passion and freedom and spontaneity, so I think the power of this quote comes from the idea of being joyful and spontaneous, and as such one is truly being open to expressing the inner self. Don't be wedded to what appears to be reality ("actual") —run with your imagination ("ideals"). Do not set up conditions, as they will become limitations.

"As an artist alone your purpose is expression, which involves disclosure, the difference between the ideal and actual. Be reckless in the expression of the ideal, and it will never betray you. Treat it with kid gloves and you are in the middle of a battle. You demand the best circumstances, the proper conditions, and only then will you face yourself."
—TPS3 Deleted Session February 9, 1976

The part about treating with kid gloves, means to me being timid in the process and losing the  spontaneity—one begins to second guessing and ends up diluting potential results. Free your mind and the rest will follow.

transient amnesia

Deb

OK, just make fun of me. LoL.
Just kidding.
Let's just say I saw the word "reckless" and went with
"reckless abandon."
:-X

transient amnesia

Deb

No worries ta, I truly was just joking.  :-*

Marianna

Quote from: Deb
Well sorry to always be the party pooper, but I love Seth quotes and just had to look it up. It is mentioned in four different places! http://search.sethtalks.com/q/reckless/
Yes, Deb, I saw this quote, and it was not what I had, and I wouldn't be putting words in author's mouth.
It was about slightly different things. It just spoke more to me, since I tend to calculate ahead too often to see if this or that project is worth doing - where it'll lead.