THE SETH HOUSE PROJECT

Started by Deb, February 04, 2018, 11:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

"The building where Jane Roberts channeled Seth is the focus of a new vision. A group of adventurous souls have undertaken the creative task of purchasing the building, making it into a non-profit organization, renovating it, and turning it into a public meeting place."

The Seth House
458 West Water Street
Elmira New York 14905

http://www.thesethhouse.com/

Deb

Just found this on the Seth House Project web site. Pretty cute, probably the only song 'about' Seth in existence at this time.

"Let's Talk About Seth
Thanks to our friend Molly for creating this funny video. After a conversation about getting the word out about Seth and saying that we need to get people talking about Seth, Molly connected it with an old music video called "Let's Talk About Sex" by Salt-N- Pepa. She spliced in a few excerpts from "The Interview with Jane & Rob" and what she came up with is a lot of fun...
Please enjoy!  And – LET'S TALK ABOUT SETH!  😀 "

You'll have to copy & paste the link into your browser.

https://speakingofseth.com/images/Lets_Talk_About_Seth.mp4

Deb

Here's an update from The Seth House -- improvements to date. They're doing a fantastic job! The bay windows have been fixed, some fresh paint has been applied, water damage fixed, the bathroom is fixed up, some furniture is going in. Photos can be seen at the link below.

http://www.thesethhouse.com/now/

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Thanks for posting this recent update.
I think that it would be awesome to be able to one day visit and walk through this house and sense the energy of Jane, Rob and Seth.

Thanks for the link too; the pictures are interesting.

jbseth

Deb

You're welcome! I've been working on some projects with Mary Dillman this past year, and we've talked about me going out to New Haven to visit. I've been wanting to see the Yale Library Jane Roberts Collection for years, thought I could also drive out to the Seth House and see it in person. So maybe late spring or early summer I'll get a chance to do both. I also have some friends in NJ, I may as well make it a week.

Ooooh, I just had the idea that I could visit a couple of Rob and Jane's houses, maybe some other notable places from the books. Seize the day (or opportunity)!

jbseth

Hi Deb,

That sounds like it would be an awesome trip. 

Along with the Yale Library and the house on Water Street in Elmira, I always thought that it would be interesting to see the "York Beach", Maine location where Jane and Rob saw their probable selves.

"When" you go (reality creation at work here :) ) I'm hoping that you'll take lot's of photo's and share them with us when you get back.

jbseth

Deb

I've been redesigning/constructing a new website for the ladies who are in charge of renovating The Seth House. I'm also in the middle of doing an illustration of the house to be used on the website. A total labor of love.

I wanted to let you guys know that they have opened Rob and Jane's apartment to being rented through Airbnb. I've been so immersed in the website and illustration that I feel like I've been there already. Hopefully I can go out late spring and stay at the house, visit some friends on the East Coast.

Here's a link to their Newsletter where they tell all about the Airbnb opportunity. Once you see the photo of The Seth House, you'll understand why I'm doing an illustration, lol. 

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Thanks for the update.  I'm looking forward to seeing your house illustration when it is done. I'm also looking forward to seeing the photos that you've taken of the place when you get back from your East Coast trip this spring.  :)

I'll bet the energy in this house is really awesome.

jbseth

Deb

Been out of town due to a family emergency for a few days, but I thought I'd share this so far unpublished redesign of the website for The Seth House. It took me an entire week to create the illustration of the "revitalized" Seth House on the home page.
Hopefully the site will go "live" in a couple of days.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

I hope everything is OK with you and your family. I'll hold them in my prayers and visualize the highest good of all, for everyone involved.

Great job on the Seth house illustration Deb.  :)

I have a question for you. In the website for the Seth house on your link, this takes us to, I believe your illustration and at this site, directly below your illustration of the Seth house, there is a photo of Jane sitting at a typewriter with a window behind her with 2 bottles above the window.

Do you know whether this window that's behind Jane in the photo, is one of the "yellow" windows in your illustration? I think that these windows are what are sometimes called "bay" windows.

I've always wondered whether these yellow windows in your illustration, were the "bay" windows that were the windows that were behind Jane in the various photos that I've seen of their house. In the photos I've seen, it appears that Jane and Rob kept many of the Seth Sessions in, what looks like black 3 ring binders that were placed on a shelf near one of these bay windows.

jbseth

Deb

Quote from: jbseth
I've always wondered whether these yellow windows in your illustration, were the "bay" windows that were the windows that were behind Jane in the various photos that I've seen of their house. In the photos I've seen, it appears that Jane and Rob kept many of the Seth Sessions in, what looks like black 3 ring binders that were placed on a shelf near one of these bay windows.

Yes, absolutely! The windows I highlighted were the dining/living area of Apt 5, the bay windows. I'm still trying to figure out how to represent them as bay (three panel) windows considering the perspective. I'm also working on a floor plan of the apartment. The windows to the right of the yellow windows are the kitchen, definitely an afterthought. The kitchen is so small that Jane and Rob kept the refrigerator in the bathroom. Seth had something to say about that.

The three small windows to the left of the yellow windows are the bathroom, the blank wall was their bedroom, and the 12 panel windowed extension was Rob's studio.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Thanks for the insight on the house orientation. I wasn't quite sure where the kitchen was located.

Hey, I have to ask, when you created this illustration, did you purposely opt to make those bay windows yellow in order to symbolically represent the "enlightenment" that came from Seth, as Jane sat in her Kennedy rocker and channeled him for so many hours/years in that room.  :)   If so, nice touch.

jbseth

Deb

Quote from: jbseth
did you purposely opt to make those bay windows yellow in order to symbolically represent the "enlightenment" that came from Seth

Hah! I'm not that deep, especially when I'm in work mode. Actually I did that to make it look like they were busy having a session in that dining/living room area. But I like your idea better. Next I'm going to add Jane in there somewhere, looking out a window.

There's a parking lot on that side of the house and I think it's the one where Jane saw a water creature rise out of a puddle. But she was looking out the kitchen windows at the time.

"Ruburt has been working on a book of poems called The Dialogues, and in it recently he wrote of the double worlds. One night he stood at the kitchen window, and quite without drugs saw a rainy puddle below suddenly turn into an alive, beautifully fluid creature who stood up and walked while the rain slid off its liquid sides."
—NoPR Chapter 10: Session 639, February 12, 1973

BTW I've been reading Early Class Sessions 2 and have been wowed by what's in there. It's given me lots of ideas for new topics here.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Or maybe when you're consciously distracted while in work mode, your inner self is able to come through to you, and in its inner voice, subtly suggest to you that you color those windows yellow for a deeper purpose that you weren't consciously aware of at that time.    :)

I keep hearing good things about those Early Class Session books. I think that's going to be my next purchase.

jbseth

Deb

I'm adding some photos Ron Card put up on Facebook. He's visiting the Seth House for their open house tomorrow, June 20, 2019, celebrating Rob's 100th birthday. Ron brought his "Seth Museum" with him so others can see the Ouija board, Jane's rocker, some paintings, etc. I'll continue to add photos here as they come in. Right now he's a little obsessed with the bathroom.  ;)

I'm also adding the illustration I did of my vision of how the Seth House will look when it's restored.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Thank you very much for sharing these photo's from Ron Card (thanks to Ron Card also). I think that they are awesome.  :)

For years I've been trying to figure out, in my mind, what the actual floor plan of Jane and Rob's Water street dwelling looked like. I've seen the photos in "The Seth Material" book where we can see the rocking chair and the bay windows. But I've not quite figured out the location of the other rooms and their orientation.

In one of Ron Cards photos of the bathroom, I can see that there were 2 doorways. One leads to their bedroom but I have no idea where the other one leads.  As I recall from either The Early Sessions, Book 1 or Book 2, Bill MacDonald, made a drawing of Seth that he saw, as I recall, in the hall down by the bathroom door.

Do you know where this other doorway, in Ron Card's photo leads? 

I'm just curious.

Thanks

-jbseth

Deb

Thanks for the reminder! When I was doing the illustration, I was also working on a floor plan of the entryway and apartment and had trouble figuring out what went where even after Kate gave me a "tour" of the house via phone. I recorded it. It's almost done, I had put it aside in order to finish up some other stuff. I was having the most confusion with the staircase going from the first floor to the second floor, but I think I have the apartment figured out. I'll finish that and put it up soon.

So when you walk into the apartment you'd be in the left side of the living room area, the dining/bay windows would be straight ahead. Kitchen is on the left and you won't believe how small it is. To the right of the dining table is the door with the mirror, which leads into the bathroom. There's the other door directly across the bathroom, that leads to the bedroom. If you were to stand in that doorway, their closet would be on your right, the footboard of the bed would be in front of you and you could walk along the right side of the bed through a door that leads into Rob's studio.

Maybe the photos on this page will help: https://www.thesethhouse.com/before-after-pics/

Deb

Here's the floor plan so far, hopefully at some point I'll get details on apartment 4. But apartment 5 was where it all started, and we've all seen photos, videos, interviews that took place in that living room.

The house was a mansion built in 1888 and was converted into several apartments in the 1930s. I'm attaching a photo that the historical society sent me from back in the day. Absolutely gorgeous. Actually this is the best photo I have of the house so far. I see some details here (explanations for some questions I have) that I should probably check against the floor plan. 

And the tiny kitchen, that's too small for a refrigerator? I'm pretty sure it was originally a closet.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Hey thanks for your reply and thanks for the floor plan drawing.

Their floor plan sure makes a lot of sense now that I see your drawing. Thank you very much for that.

From the photo from the historical society, I can see that this really was a beautiful home. Really quite large too. 

I have to laugh, every time I think of the refrigerator in the bathroom. I had no idea that it was actually that close to the toilet, but its fairly plan to see, there wasn't a lot of space for it in the kitchen.

Thanks again Deb.

-jbseth

Deb

There's a new video on The Seth House website home page. It was produced by Bob Terrio and is really quite good. Oshara gives a tour of the apartment. The rooms are really SO SMALL! 

https://www.thesethhouse.com/

Deb

For those of you who aren't on Facebook, this article about Seth/Jane was in the NY Times yesterday. Nicely done and great exposure for Seth, Jane and The Seth House in Elmira.

"Till Seth Do Us Part"

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/29/style/seth-spirit.html

Also here is the link to the recent article in the Elmira Gazette article.

I still need to upload the PDFs I saved of both articles, hopefully I can get to that this weekend.

Update: PDF files are huge so not attachments. They can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vmzpyj6va40xv5b/AAANVtEQY0yD571fZTKEibusa?dl=0

inavalan

From the nytimes article:
QuoteSeth told students they could contact their own spirit guides, just like him
Firstly asking my guide, and then looking for confirmation in Seth's teachings is what I do, and recommend it.

Deb

Quote from: inavalan
Firstly asking my guide,

I do that too. In the beginning I was tempted to "ask" Seth for answers, and then realized I had my inner self as a resource, my own personal liaison between my ego and F2 or my oversoul. I do get internal answers and solutions and say "thank you." And then after that, I correct myself and say "thank me." :)