Who is Seth

Started by jbseth, August 06, 2019, 11:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

Sometimes, when my wife and I are talking to family or friends we'll get into some sort of "New Age" type of subject and they'll ask me something about what I believe. In addition to this, sometimes, when my wife and I are running errands, I'll bring a book along to read, while I'm waiting for her to do something. Often this is a Seth book. Every once in a while, when this occurs, someone will ask me what I'm reading.

Recently I've been trying to figure out what would be a good way for me to tell people about Seth. Below is my first attempt at this.  My thinking here is that by writing it down, it will help me formulate my thoughts and help me to remember what to say.

I'm definitely interested in hearing whatever else anyone in this forum has to say about this topic.  There are no right or wrong answers here, only those that can help each one of us decide for ourselves individually what does and doesn't work for us.

Who is Seth:

In 1963 Jane Roberts and her husband were experimenting with an Ouija board.
Soon a "personality", Seth began to communicate with them.

After awhile, Jane began to notice that she knew what Seth was going to say, before he actually said it. Jane noticed that when she put herself in a light relaxed mental state, Seth's words would come to her.

For the next 20 plus years, Jane and Rob would hold twice weekly 1 – 2 hour "Seth" sessions where Jane would enter her relaxed state and Seth would talk to Rob about various topics. Rob took verbatim notes of these sessions and many books were written by Jane having to do with the contents of these Sessions. Ten of which were specifically by Seth himself.

In these sessions Seth spoke about:

Your body and your health
Beliefs, consciousness, the mind and dreams
Life after death, reincarnation, the human soul, religion and God.
Reality, Time and many other interrelated concepts having to do with these topics.

Of all the religions and philosophies that I've come across, Seth's ideas by far make the most sense to me.

Now if someone responds to this in some sort of rude or negative way, I'll remind them that many of the world leading religions were started under similar circumstances.
Buddha, became "enlightened" while "meditating". Mohammed, was said to have "heard" the voice of God.  The "men" who wrote the Bible, we said to have been "inspired" by God.

If someone tells me that Jesus is God, I'll remind them that this is what they choose to "believe" and that just because someone believes something, this doesn't necessarily mean that it's true.

Who actually decides who or what we believe? We each do, individually.  Along with this there's probably no way that anyone of us could ever actually prove that what we believe is actually true.

What are your thoughts?

-jbseth

Deb

Boy that is a real can of worms, thanks for starting this topic.

Great synopsis of Who Is Seth. I've tended to keep Seth to myself other than casually asking people at times if they've ever heard of Jane Roberts or Seth—such as when someone asks if I've read any good books lately. On the rare occasion that I try to explain Seth to the uninitiated, I downplay the Ouija board and channeling aspect and try to explain to people that in essence Jane was tapping into her own inner wisdom. And also that many of the things Seth said about the nature of reality as far back as the 60s are finally now being supported by science as accurate. Any mention of reincarnation is instantly dismissed. IDK, but maybe I need to move out of my Christian-based mostly-white middle-income cookie-cutter town to an area that is more open-minded. Or maybe I'm here for a reason (more likely).

I have a client/friend that has an Ouija board museum, is a public speaker as an Ouija board historian and expert (he is). You would not believe all the people that post on his Facebook page about the dangers of the boards i.e. communications with demons, satan, possession, etc. It's so sophomoric, but so many people believe in demons and evil. And Christians believe that anything that "does not promote the glory of the Lord" (yes, I've been told that) is a demon, Satan and evil.

Quote from: jbseth
Who actually decides who or what we believe?

Another loaded question. Being situated in a relatively Christian setting, it seems there is no question to them that Christian beliefs are the absolute  truth. I've finally gotten to that point in my life that I'm beginning to not care what others think about me and my beliefs.

Quote from: jbseth
Of all the religions and philosophies that I've come across, Seth's ideas by far make the most sense to me.

Yes, that's definitely what I say to people.

chasman

thank you jbseth.
and thank you Deb.
excellent thread. excellent posts from both of you.

my experience with talking about Seth to others is the same.
I'm very careful about who I talk about him to.
lots of people are scared of this.
Seth goes against the OLC.

c'est la vie.

really just wanted to chime in to thank you for your thread and posts.

T.M.

I say mostly the same thing as Deb, especially Seth being proven scientifically correct, even today. Not sure why, that seems to garner the most respect. I thing science is a new religion in its own way these days. I downplay the Ouija board and channeling too. I do say he's a personality.  If they ask more and see m genuinely interested I will mention the channeling. I don't mention it initially. I also stress that regardless the source, it's the most astounding and accurate information I've ever found on multiple subjects, including psychology.

I just don't bring Seth up with Christians.
About the Ouija board. I think people expect demons to come popping out of the thing, and the deeper the belief, the better/badder the demon courtesly appears.
I think most seeking to "play" with the board are unbalanced to begin with. They are looking for a demonic experience to start with, and they get it..
Not all, just most.