Christ

Started by jbseth, November 04, 2019, 04:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

The other day I came across an interesting comment that Seth made about Christ in TPS1, Session 380 (see below).  While I personally don't believe in Christianity, it seems to me that Seth, had some very interesting things to say about Christ (see below).  For one, it sounds like the message that Christ actually shared with the world, may have been very similar to Seth's. 

Given what Seth had to about Christ, I think that Christ would have been a very interesting person to have met or known.

TPS1, Session 380 (Deleted) November 15, 1967
What you are after is the recognition by the immediate self of the larger inner self of which it is part. This is always the direction of development. Until finally the immediate self and the inner self are one.

This does not occur in the course of usual reincarnations, but it does occur ultimately in all. Christ had such a recognition, for example, and this recognition is merely the beginning of another phase of development.

TES5, S203:
Your Christ had abilities which I still do not have...

NOPR, Ch12, S649:
Christ as you think of him was simply saying that you form your own reality.

SS, Ch21, S587:
Christ spoke in terms of the father and son because in your terms, at that time, this was the method used — the story he told to explain the relationship between the inner self and the physically-alive individual.

SS, Ch14, S560:
Each of the twelve represented qualities of personality that belong to one individual, and Christ as you know him represented the inner self. The twelve, therefore, plus Christ as you know him (the one figure composed of the three) represented an individual earthly personality — the inner self — and twelve main characteristics connected with the egotistical self.

-jbseth

inavalan

Quote from: jbseth
SS, Ch14, S560:
Each of the twelve represented qualities of personality that belong to one individual, and Christ as you know him represented the inner self. The twelve, therefore, plus Christ as you know him (the one figure composed of the three) represented an individual earthly personality — the inner self — and twelve main characteristics connected with the egotistical self.

Thank you @jbseth

I'm curious which are those twelve main characteristics (?). My quick search yielded almost nothing:
- Tension and aggressiveness necessary for creativity.
- Something like "passivity" for anima ... (?)

jbseth

Hi inavalan,

In "Seth Speaks", chapter 14, session 560 Seth also says the following:
(Pause at 9:55.) Judas, for example, was not a man in your terms. He was — like all the other disciples — a blessed, created "fragment personality," formed by the Christ personality. He represented the self-betrayer. He dramatized a portion of each individual's personality that focuses upon physical reality in a grasping manner, and denies the inner self out of greed.

Given this then, I'd say that the other disciples probably represented other personality traits.  For example, the gospels tell us that Peter denied Christ 3 times and that Thomas doubted Jesus. Given this then, I'd say that Peter represented denial or self-denial and Thomas represented doubt or self-doubt.

I don't believe that Seth ever actually specified what personality traits these other disciples represented.

-jbseth

inavalan

I found this, Christ related, quote interesting:

Quote"(9:25.) By that time, all religions will be in severe crisis. He will undermine religious organizations — not unite them. His message will be that of the individual in relation to All That Is. He will clearly state methods by which each individual can attain a state of intimate contact with his own entity; the entity to some extent being man's mediator with All That Is.

[... 3 paragraphs ...]

Now there will be several born before that time who in various ways will rearouse man's expectations. One such man has already been born in India, in a small province near Calcutta, but his ministry will seem to remain comparatively local for his lifetime.

Another will be born in Africa, a black man whose main work will be done in Indonesia. The expectations were set long ago in your terms, and will be fed by new prophets until the third personality of Christ does indeed emerge.

He will lead man behind the symbolism upon which religion has relied for so many centuries. He will emphasize individual spiritual experience, the expansiveness of soul, and teach man to recognize the multitudinous aspects of his own reality.

[... 2 paragraphs ...]"

—SS Chapter 21: Session 586, July 24, 1971

inavalan

And this:

Quote"This personality will refer to the historical Christ, will recognize his relationship with that personality; but within him the three personality groupings will form a new psychic entity, a different psychological gestalt. As this metamorphosis takes place, it will initiate a metamorphosis on a human level also (emphatically), as man's inner abilities are accepted and developed.

The results will be a different kind of existence. Many of your problems now result from spiritual ignorance. No man will look down upon an individual from another race when he himself recognizes that his own existence includes such membership also.

[... 1 paragraph ...]

Human personality will reap benefits that now would seem unbelievable. An open-ended consciousness will imply far greater freedom. From birth, children will be taught that basic identity is not dependent upon the body, and that time as you know it is an illusion. The child will be aware of many of its past existences, and will be able to identify with the old man or woman that in your terms it will become.

[... 2 paragraphs ...]

Man's experience will be so extended that to you the species will seem to have changed into another. This does not mean there will not be problems. It does mean that man will have far greater resources at his command. It also presupposes a richer and far more diverse social framework. Men and women will find themselves relating to their brethren, not only as the people that they are, but as the people that they were."

—SS Chapter 21: Session 586, July 24, 1971