favorite early Seth books

Started by chasman, November 05, 2019, 12:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chasman

hi,

I am going to get a couple early Seth books.
what are your favorite early Seth books?
the ones from the Early Sessions, the Early Class Sessions, and the Personal Sessions.
if you were going to get just 2 right now, what would you get?
thank you for any thoughts,
   Charlie

inavalan

jbseth

Hi Chasman

I have all 9 of the early session books, TES1 – TES9, and book 1 of the "Personal Session" books, TPS1. However, I don't have any of the other "Personal Session" books nor do I have any of the ESP Class session books and so I can't talk to them.

I bought TPS1 because in the introduction of this book, which is 39 pages, Rob gives us an overview of his life and Janes and I thought that this would be interesting; which it is.
There is also a lot of other interesting information in this book, some of which sheds more insight into Seth's philosophy.

I'd say that the book, "The Seth Material", SM, is basically an overview of the material you'll find in TES1 – TES9. While the TES books go into the individual Seth topics in more detail, SM, gives us a lot of insight into Jane and Rob's thoughts about these topics.

If there is one or more particular subjects within SM, that you find particularly interested in, you can let me know here and I'll gladly point you to the TES book where this was covered. For example, in chapter 9 of SM, I found the discussion between Seth and Eugene Barnard about the nature of reality to be very interesting. This discussion can be found in TES7. Along with this, in SM, in chapter 10, I also found the discussion between Seth, Rob and "Mark", where they were talking about the many Marks, Rob's, Jane's and Cat's in the room to be very interesting. This can be found in TES2.

In TES8, Jane starts channeling Seth 2, this is interesting and in TES3, Seth begins to talk about the various realities, that we experience, including the "electric" reality. In this discussion about the "electric" reality he discusses the differences between the brain and the mind. He also discusses that it is the portion of us in this electric reality that survives physical death. I found this to be very interesting.

I've found that there is a lot of interesting subjects in each one of the nine TES books. Even book 1, contains a lot of interesting information; more than I expected from the very earliest sessions.

Something else, across many of the TES books, Jane and Rob performed a lot of psychic experiments. Along with this, in many of these early sessions, Seth was talking to Rob and Jane about personal issues. Because of this, sometimes Seth will start talking about a specific topic, like the inner senses, and then afterward, it will be several or many sessions later before he gets back to it again. In this way, the information in these early session books, is much different than that given in the later "Seth" book, like "Seth Speaks" or "The Nature of Reality".

- jbseth

chasman

Quote from: inavalan
You might also want to check:
A SETH/JANE ROBERTS ANNOTATED BOOK LISTING
Compiled by Paul M. Helfrich

or @Deb 's:

thank you very much inavalan.
you are awesome!!    :)

chasman

Quote from: jbseth
Hi Chasman

I have all 9 of the early session books, TES1 – TES9, and book 1 of the "Personal Session" books, TPS1. However, I don't have any of the other "Personal Session" books nor do I have any of the ESP Class session books and so I can't talk to them.

I bought TPS1 because in the introduction of this book, which is 39 pages, Rob gives us an overview of his life and Janes and I thought that this would be interesting; which it is.
There is also a lot of other interesting information in this book, some of which sheds more insight into Seth's philosophy.

I'd say that the book, "The Seth Material", SM, is basically an overview of the material you'll find in TES1 – TES9. While the TES books go into the individual Seth topics in more detail, SM, gives us a lot of insight into Jane and Rob's thoughts about these topics.

If there is one or more particular subjects within SM, that you find particularly interested in, you can let me know here and I'll gladly point you to the TES book where this was covered. For example, in chapter 9 of SM, I found the discussion between Seth and Eugene Barnard about the nature of reality to be very interesting. This discussion can be found in TES7. Along with this, in SM, in chapter 10, I also found the discussion between Seth, Rob and "Mark", where they were talking about the many Marks, Rob's, Jane's and Cat's in the room to be very interesting. This can be found in TES2.

In TES8, Jane starts channeling Seth 2, this is interesting and in TES3, Seth begins to talk about the various realities, that we experience, including the "electric" reality. In this discussion about the "electric" reality he discusses the differences between the brain and the mind. He also discusses that it is the portion of us in this electric reality that survives physical death. I found this to be very interesting.

I've found that there is a lot of interesting subjects in each one of the nine TES books. Even book 1, contains a lot of interesting information; more than I expected from the very earliest sessions.

Something else, across many of the TES books, Jane and Rob performed a lot of psychic experiments. Along with this, in many of these early sessions, Seth was talking to Rob and Jane about personal issues. Because of this, sometimes Seth will start talking about a specific topic, like the inner senses, and then afterward, it will be several or many sessions later before he gets back to it again. In this way, the information in these early session books, is much different than that given in the later "Seth" book, like "Seth Speaks" or "The Nature of Reality".

- jbseth

thank you jbseth. you are so kind!!  :)

chasman

I am also thinking about getting Lynda Madden Dahl Safe Universe volumes 3 or 4.
I have the first 2 volumes, but have read them yet.
any thoughts on those books?
(the reason I am asking for help selecting books is because I have Amazon credits
that expire soon. and I want to use them to get Seth stuff.)

jbseth

Hi Chasman,

I don't own any of the Lynda Dahl books.

However it seems like some people here in the forum have mentioned them in the past and their comments from what I can recall generally seemed favorable.

- jbseth

inavalan

@chasman

inavalan

By the way, I believe that the Seth books should be in the public domain, and their e-book versions should be free, as there are so many other books.

chasman

jbseth and inavalan,
      you are both so kind.
thank you both so very much.   :)

Deb

I would say The Early Sessions books too. I don't have much time to read these days, have partially started a lot of Seth books, but I have to say The Early Sessions are really chock full of important information. I have, I think, 1-4 or 5 and then 9. My gift to myself this Christmas is to complete that set.

My favorite books are Nature of Personal Reality and Mass Events, but The Early Sessions really flesh out these two books.

Of course I realized at some point that my favorite Seth book is the one I'm reading at the time.  ;)

PS
Lynda's books are great if you have trouble grasping the actual Seth books. If not, I'd stick with Seth. I have a couple of Lynda's books because I enjoy a variety of representations of the Seth concepts. But I always come back to unadulterated Seth.

chasman

thank you very much Deb.
I super appreciate your thoughtful reply.     :)