Value Fulfillment Explained in Detail

Started by Deb, March 06, 2020, 11:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

This is a Facebook post that Rich Kendall put up on December 24, 2019. It's a presentation he gave at a Seth conference and I have to say it's the BEST explanation of what value fulfillment is. He expands that by adding other elements that contribute to value fulfillment. For anyone who has been struggling with what the phrase "value fulfillment" means, this is a real gem.

All text is from Rich, but I put Seth's quotes into quote format. Rich:

I want to share with you a presentation I gave at a Seth Conference in 2001. The theme of the presentation was "Value Fulfillment," a phrase Seth often refers to throughout the material.

Let's Begin With The Question: What Is This Thing Called Value Fulfillment?

Here are some of Seth's comments in answer to that question:

Quote from: SethIn physical reality, if you will forgive me, life is the name of the game—and the game is based upon value fulfillment. That means simply that each form of life seeks toward the fulfillment and unfolding of all of the capacities that it senses within its living framework, knowing that in that individual fulfillment, each other species of life is also benefited.

Individually and globewide, value fulfillment is in a fashion the purpose of all events, the impetus that drives the wheels of nature, so to speak.

Value fulfillment is the reason behind the existence of all systems, and of all experience within your field.

Seth goes on to say that value fulfillment is difficult to describe, but I think the following description is actually quite elegant.

Quote from: SethValue fulfillment combines the nature of a loving presence—a presence with the innate knowledge of its own divine complexity—with a creative ability of infinite proportions that seeks to bring to fulfillment even the slightest, most distant portion of its own inverted complexity. Translated into simpler terms, each portion of energy is endowed with an inbuilt reach of creativity that seeks to fulfill its own potentials in all possible variations—and in such a way that such a development also furthers the creative potentials of each other portion of reality.

Another characteristic of Value Fulfillment Seth speaks of has to do with Completion and Fulfillment.

Quote from: SethIt is the tension between the search for fulfillment or perfection and the actual performance possible in the physical world that promotes creative arts, as they are understood. The inner problems that you encounter are always constructive— challenges leading you toward greater fulfillment.

In the three-dimensional reality in which your ego has its main focus, becoming presupposes arrival, or a destination—an ending to that which has been in a state of becoming. But the soul or entity has its existence basically in other dimensions, and in these, fulfillment is not dependent upon arrivals at any points, spiritual or otherwise.

Another element involved in exploring Value Fulfillment is the idea of "Perfection." Seth addressed this issue numerous times, but I think the following encapsulates his thoughts on the subject beautifully.

Quote from: SethThe word "perfect" holds many pitfalls. In the first place it presupposes something completed and done beyond change, and so beyond motion, further development, or creativity. You must not expect to be perfect. Your ideas of perfection mean a state of fulfillment beyond which there is no future growth, and no such state exists.

Value Fulfillment always implies the search for excellence—not perfection, but excellence.

Another characteristic of Value Fulfillment Seth speaks of is the interplay between the fulfillment of the individual and society in general.

During a class I attended in 1973, a young man named Jim was visiting for the first time. He related some of his recent experiences during his travels to India, Nepal, and Afghanistan. He spoke of his spiritual quest in seeking to find a way to help mankind, and how he had sought guidance from monks and holy men in these various countries. When he was done relating his experiences, Seth came through speaking directly to Jim:

Quote from: SethYou can only advance the cause of mankind and the cause of your brethren by helping yourself and knowing yourself and fulfilling your own abilities—when you are yourself in your own shining uniqueness. And you are, if you but realize it. Then you help others to become in awareness what they really are. But if you believe you must sacrifice yourself to others, then you distort the truth within you. For there is no sacrifice involved, but the fulfillment of your being that brings out in each of the people that you know, the fulfillment of their being.

After speaking these words, Jim paused for a few seconds, looked up at Seth, and said in the most innocent of tones: "I never thought of that." It was a sweet moment and brought sympathetic laughter from the class.

Here are some other quotes from Seth about the relationship between the fulfillment of the individual and the world at large:

Quote from: SethValue fulfillment means that each individual, each entity, of whatever nature, spontaneously, automatically seeks those conditions that are suited to its own fulfillment, and to the fulfillment of others.

You are born loving. You are born compassionate. You are born curious about yourself and your world. Those attributes also belong to natural law. You are born knowing that you possess a unique, intimate sense of being that is itself, and that seeks its own fulfillment, and the fulfillment of others. You are born seeking the actualization of the ideal. You are born seeking to add value to the quality of life, to add characteristics, energies, abilities to life that only you can individually contribute to the world, and to attain a state of being that is uniquely yours, while adding to the value fulfillment of the world.

Value fulfillment is a psychological and physical propensity that exists in each unit of consciousness, propelling it toward its own greatest fulfillment in such a way that its individual fulfillment also adds to the best possible development on the part of each other such unit of consciousness.

The individual person is also involved in an ever-continuing process to increase the quality of life as it exists at all levels of personal experience. Reality is so constructed that each individual seeking such fulfillment does so not at the expense of others, but in such a way that the quality of life is increased for all.

Another characteristic of value fulfillment is the way it extends not only to the human species, and human consciousness, but TO ALL SPECIES, and all forms of consciousness.

Quote from: SethThis sense of value fulfillment benefits not only the individual, but its species, AND ALL OTHER SPECIES. Each species or life form "realizes" that its own fulfillment adds immeasurably to the existence of all other forms.

In a way impossible to explain, the fly and the spider are connected, and aware of the connection. Not as hunter and prey, but as individual participants in deeper processes. Together they work toward a joint kind of value fulfillment, in which both are fulfilled.

The insects also appreciate flowers' profusion of color, and also for esthetic reasons. I am saying, therefore that even insects have an esthetic sense, and again, that each creature, and each plant, or natural entity, has its own sense of value fulfillment, seeking the greatest possible fulfillment and extension of its own innate abilities.

All species are motivated by value fulfillment, in which each seeks to enhance the quality of life for itself and for all other species at the same time. That characteristic of value fulfillment is perhaps the most important element in the being of All That Is, and it is a part of the heritage of all species.

Value fulfillment operates within microbes and nations, within individual creatures and entire species, and it unites all of life's manifestations. Every object that you perceive—grass or rock or stone—even ocean waves or clouds—any physical phenomenon—has its own invisible consciousness, its own intent and emotional coloration. Each manifestation of consciousness comes into being with an inner impetus toward value fulfillment.

One of the things I love about Seth's philosophy is that it unites all forms of life, all aspects of consciousness, in an interrelatedness where there is no higher or lower, but all life is equally sacred, and of equal value.

Now that we've explored some of the basic characteristics of value fulfillment let's talk about some of the keys that lead us to fulfillment. Let's start with "Spontaneity" and some Seth quotes on that subject:

Quote from: SethCivilization is dependent upon the spontaneity and fulfillment of the individual. Your civilization is in sad straits—not because you have allowed spontaneity or fulfillment to individuals, but because you have denied it, and because your institutions are based upon that premise.

Value fulfillment of each and every element in life relies upon those spontaneous processes, and at their source is the basic affirmative love and acceptance of the self, the universe, and life's conditions.

If you go with your being, spontaneously, you will find fulfillment in all of your ways. Going along with your nature automatically brings value fulfillment and fortunate events, for your intents, abilities, and needs work naturally together.

Another key element Seth speaks of in our quest for value fulfillment is "Impulses."

Quote from: SethImpulses are meant to help you create your reality. They are meant to help you move through belief systems. They are meant to help you find your best fulfillment and not only your private best fulfillment: but you are, through your impulses, led to situations where your best improvement also aids the species and all species— when you listen, when you trust your impulses. And I am talking about your private, innocuous, everyday impulses, also.

Our impulses are good. Left alone they'd lead us naturally toward self-fulfillment.

Impulses arise in a natural, spontaneous, constructive response to the abilities, potentials, and needs of the personality. They are meant as directing forces. Luckily, the child usually walks before it is old enough to be taught that impulses are wrong, and luckily the child's natural impulses toward exploration, growth, fulfillment, action and power are strong enough to give it the necessary springboard before your belief systems begin to erode its confidence.

When I speak of impulses, many of you will automatically think of impulses that appear contradictory or dangerous or "evil"—and that is because you are so convinced of the basic unworthiness of your being. You have every right to question your impulses, to choose among them, to assess them, but you must be aware of them, acknowledge their existence, for they will lead you to your own true nature.

The last concept I want to discuss in relation to Value Fulfillment is the concept of "Change."

Once again let's listen to that "energy essence personality no longer focused in physical reality."

Quote from: SethChange alone allows for the possibility of identity within any universe, for without change there can be no value fulfillment, no experience, and no identity.

Development comes not from a series of actions strung out along a single line, one before the other in lengthwise fashion. Instead, development is largely a matter of value fulfillment, which is achieved through the perspectives of actions, through traveling within any given action, and following it and changing with it.
Within you is the ability to change your ideas about reality and about yourself, to create a personal living experience that is fulfilling to yourself and others. You are what you are, and you will be more. Do not be afraid of change, for you are change, and you change as you sit before me. All action is change, for otherwise there would be a static universe, and then indeed death would be the end. What I am is also what you are: individualized consciousness.

Change with the seasons, for you are more than the seasons. You form the seasons. They are the reflections of your inner psychic climate. You change constantly. And All That Is, or in your terms, God, is not a static being but always creative and always changing, so do not put yourself at a particular level of experience and stay there, but allow yourself growth and freedom.

Allow yourself, therefore, the flexibility of change in whatever you do. Allow yourself the flexibility of motion, for what you set up today, you may want to change tomorrow.

Books written by Rich Kendall include the following:
The Road To Elmira [2011]
A Creative Journey-Seth Inspired [2019]
Coming in 2020: A Seth-Inspired Potpourri

chasman

thank you for posting that Deb.
very good!! 

I'm looking forward to the new book. :)

Deb

You're welcome! Just reading about why we're here makes life feel less complicated. Humans love to make things complicated.

chasman

yes, very good Deb.

I sooo agree.

I like a lot of these Seth quotes. including:

"Value fulfillment is the reason behind the existence of all systems, and of all experience within your field."

"You can only advance the cause of mankind and the cause of your brethren by helping yourself and knowing yourself and fulfilling your own abilities—when you are yourself in your own shining uniqueness. And you are, if you but realize it. Then you help others to become in awareness what they really are."