findingseth.com

Started by Bora137, September 15, 2021, 04:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bora137

I have varying success with this and don't think I am using it wrong. There some passages I've been hunting for and I know the key words but the search doesn't return them. I opened SS and NoPR and tested a few passages at random using the keys words in those passages and sometimes it returns the passage and sometimes not. It feels like the material is not fully indexed or am I doing something wrong? No criticism of the site intended just interested to know if that is how it is as I'm just struggling to find the quotes I remember. Or perhaps the quotes have changed since I read them 😊

Deb

My biggest problem searching there is that while I remember the gist of a Seth passage, I don't remember the EXACT words used and have to approach the quote I'm trying to find from different angles.

I don't recall getting different results when I repeat a search, but recently I did find a specific word in one of my Kindle books but it didn't appear on the search engine. I imagine the books were scanned into the search engine (which sometimes reads words incorrectly), since he's cataloged many books that are not available on Kindle, so no copy & paste.

Just out of curiosity, could you send me something you're trying to find and I'll give it a shot too? I like challenges. :)

Also, if you ever find there's a typo on the search engine, you can message Christopher Galpin on Facebook, I'm sure he'd be very happy to know about it. If you're not on FB, you can let me know and I'll message him.
Love it! Love it! x 2 View List

Bora137

Hi  Deb
So I did those test searches the other night and the paragraphs they came from weren't returned so I closed the book and left it, now I can't find which paragraphs those were. So I thought no problem and I put in some other words from other paragraphs and after doing this for the fifth time and it returning the exact paragraph! I had to admit to myself this is a case of user error...

I'm sorry for wasting your time and for casting doubt on this excellent resource. Anyway I'm really keen to find two things Seth said. The first he is talking about fear of death and he says something to the effect of – 'often death is not even noticed. Incarnation on the other hand to physical plane is sometimes far more feared. Often is it avoided but cannot really be put off for more than 300 of your years' – that's what I have in my head anyway

And another 'Vaccines can protect you from viruses. [then something like:] the immune system is an intelligent system and not easily fooled. Even if a vaccine saves you from dying from a virus if you have chosen to die you will do so by some other method'

Please don't spend too much time looking for these Deb. It might be my brain gluing bits together 🙄

Deb

Ha ha, I feel like we're two old forgetful souls sitting on a park bench and saying, "who was that actor, you know the one, who was in that movie... that movie we liked... you know the one." Lol. And not a waste of time for me.

Quote from: Bora137
The first he is talking about fear of death and he says something to the effect of – 'often death is not even noticed. Incarnation on the other hand to physical plane is sometimes far more feared. Often is it avoided but cannot really be put off for more than 300 of your years' – that's what I have in my head anyway

Yeah, that's the stuff I have trouble with. I understand and remember the message behind the quotes, but often not the exact words Seth used.  My first thought is Seth Speaks, mostly because I listened to the audio version last month and he really talked a lot about the death experience. And how death is consciousness without interruption, and that birth is much more of a shock. "The shock of birth of course is worse, since the personality is not entirely focused as a personality, and it must make immediate and critical adjustments of the strongest nature."—TES1 Session 29 February 26, 1964

Maybe something like this? Or maybe in the general vicinity?

"What happens at the point of death? The question is much more easily asked than answered. Basically there is not any particular point of death in those terms, even in the case of a sudden accident."
—SS Chapter 9: Session 535, June 17, 1970

Quote from: Bora137
And another 'Vaccines can protect you from viruses. [then something like:] the immune system is an intelligent system and not easily fooled. Even if a vaccine saves you from dying from a virus if you have chosen to die you will do so by some other method'

Maybe there are a few different quotes in that—the glue you mentioned. The first thing that comes to mind are Seth saying since we put so much faith into modern medicine, we should not cut ourselves off from it because the belief system is there. The second, that Seth said our bodies are better equipped to deal with natural rather than lab-made drugs. His saying our bodies are well equipped to deal with illnesses and repairs. And finally, yes, intervention may save a life but if the person is determined to die then they will find another way. Yikes, I wish I had photographic memory. This is a quote that really struck me, since I'm more into natural treatments:

"Now in the context of usual Western learning, and with the introduction of modern drugs, you are in somewhat of a quandary. The body knows how to handle "natural" drugs coming directly from the earth — whether ground or boiled, minced or steamed. A large variety of "manufactured" drugs offer an unfamiliarity to the body's innate structure, which can lead to strong defense mechanisms. These are often aimed directly against the drug instead of the disease itself. Such a situation means that you must then use another drug to counteract the one just given."

—NoPR Chapter 7: Session 631, December 18, 1972

I'll let you know if I have any brainstorms.
Like Like x 2 View List

Bora137

😊 Very true. My father will often say to me, 'can you get me the film where the man gets shot in the leg and his friend falls off a horse' or some variation - sure dad just give me 5 mins lol. But yes, the mind is so fallible - it creates reality but it does not seem to remember it so precisely. Clearly when reading Seth to a degree we shape it to our beliefs. Part of me wants death to be not scary - if incarnation is more scary all the better for my preference of belief..

Quote"The shock of birth of course is worse, since the personality is not entirely focused as a personality, and it must make immediate and critical adjustments of the strongest nature."—TES1 Session 29 February 26, 1964
This sounds like the right area Deb, I will read through it.

Another factor apart from the bias to our own beliefs is the way we store information. We package it up using words that contain most meaning for us - not necessary the words Seth (or any other source) used. Symbols too. So I might have a very clear memory of a concept Seth was relating, but I will use my own words to store it and in so doing I will alter it. All the more important to quote the original text I guess when making a point.

Thanks so much Deb. I will keep searching.
Like Like x 1 View List

strangerthings

Quote from: Bora137 on September 16, 2021, 02:37:34 PMHi  Deb
So I did those test searches the other night and the paragraphs they came from weren't returned so I closed the book and left it, now I can't find which paragraphs those were. So I thought no problem and I put in some other words from other paragraphs and after doing this for the fifth time and it returning the exact paragraph! I had to admit to myself this is a case of user error...

I'm sorry for wasting your time and for casting doubt on this excellent resource. Anyway I'm really keen to find two things Seth said. The first he is talking about fear of death and he says something to the effect of – 'often death is not even noticed. Incarnation on the other hand to physical plane is sometimes far more feared. Often is it avoided but cannot really be put off for more than 300 of your years' – that's what I have in my head anyway

Please don't spend too much time looking for these Deb. It might be my brain gluing bits together 🙄

If you search for vaccine in the seth material the word that is needed is "innoculation" as that gives the most results as that is the word that was used in those years.

just a fyi
Like Like x 2 View List