... self-knowledge is dear but far more valuable.

Started by inavalan, December 28, 2022, 01:46:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

"(After break. To Florence.) And I will look in on you about Virginia Beach time. If you were expressing yourself fully on certain issues you would not have a cold, and if you were using all of the insights that you should have gathered in class, you would not have a cold. If you were allowing full expression of your inner ideas outward along certain lines having to do with your oldest son, you would not have a cold.

It is easier, however, to use honey and vinegar; but using honey and vinegar you simply get rid of the cold and do not find out why you have it. You do not learn something about yourself that you should know and so when the cough is gone, when the issue comes up again, you get a different ailment and so you find a different remedy. Honey and vinegar are cheap; self-knowledge is dear but far more valuable.

Such inner remedies and such real remedies do not come in packages and you cannot pick them up at the supermarket, and they are not herbs to be eaten for breakfast though these will serve as an in-between measure and there is nothing wrong with in-between measures. But if you want to get at the real knowledge of yourself and at the real reason for symptoms, then there are ways of doing so and I have given them to you. They are not meant to be bitter as vinegar."
—ECS2 ESP Class Session, July 21, 1970
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

"The people who have accepted the suggestion uncritically that they will inherit such a malady do then seem to inherit it: they experience the symptoms. Actually, the belief itself may have changed a healthy genetic message into an unhealthy one. Ideally, a change of belief would remedy the situation."
—WTH Part One: Chapter 5: April 9, 1984
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

"Mothers tell children to forget their troubles. The children, not realizing how dumb their poor mothers really are, often do just that—and discover that their problems do indeed disappear. If you worry about the world, you can somehow perhaps save it—or so many people think. If you don't worry about the world, you are considered unfeeling, and it certainly seems ridiculous to imagine that the world can somehow take care of itself, and even remedy whatever damage it seems man has done to it.

But no: it seems that worrying will get you someplace. It provides impetus, and so it does—by promoting further problems.

You are used to thinking, however, that worry is an acceptable method of showing concern for private or public affairs. The best thing you can do for yourself, or your loved ones, or the world, is to stop worrying, and hence release all of the negative thoughts therein generated."

—TPS5 Deleted Session November 29, 1978

inavalan

"Children often scare themselves. A variety of reasons exist for such behavior. People often choose to watch horror films for the same reason. Usually the body and mind are bored, and actually seek out dramatic stress. Under usual conditions the body is restored — flushed out, so to speak — through the release of hormones that have been withheld, often through repressive habits.

The body will seek its release, and so will the mind. Dreams, or even daydreams of a frightening nature, can fulfill that purpose. The mind's creative play often serves up symbolic events that result in therapeutic physical reactions, and also function as postdream suggestions that offer hints as to remedial action.

I mention this here simply to point out the similarity between some dreams and some children's games, and to show that all dreams and all games are intimately involved with the creation and experience of events."

—NotP Chapter 10: Session 793, February 14, 1977

inavalan

"Some of the material that I have just given will help Ruburt find greater release. The body can remedy itself. You have only to allow it to do so. I hope that this session helps siphon off the edge of any lingering doubts or contradictions."
—WTH Part One: Chapter 2: February 5, 1984

inavalan

"When an animal is sick it immediately begins to remedy the situation, and unconsciously it knows what to do. It does not bother thinking in your terms of good and evil. It does not wonder what it did to get into such a situation. It does not think of itself as inferior. It automatically begins its own therapy."
—NoPR Part Two: Chapter 12: Session 648, March 14, 1973

inavalan

"Psychology, religion, science — in one way or another, all of these have added to the confusion by stripping the conscious mind of its directing qualities, and viewing it as a stepchild of the self. (Pause.) The schools of "positive thinking" try to remedy the situation, but often do more harm than good because they attempt to force beliefs upon you that you would like to hold, but do not in your present state of confusion."
—NoPR Part Two: Chapter 11: Session 642, February 21, 1973

inavalan

"Headache remedies are a case in point here. Nowhere do any medically-oriented commercial or public service announcements mention the body's natural defenses, its integrity, vitality, or strength. Nowhere in your television or radio matter is any emphasis put upon the healthy. Medical statistics deal with the diseased. Studies upon the healthy are not carried out."
—NoME Part One: Chapter 2: Session 805, May 16, 1977

Deb

Very good thread.

I've been totally into our body's ability to heal naturally... we are not machines, our bodies were created to self-maintain. We don't need a mechanic. But then where is the profit in that for doctors and pharma?
Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 1 View List