Seth on creativity in your past

Started by Sena, January 18, 2023, 05:07:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

"There are elements in your past that are as unpredictable, however, as the elements in your future now appear to be (emphatically). There is creativity in your past waiting for you even as there is in your future, but to utilize such experiences you must learn to alter your beliefs, and to some degree escape from the particular kind of limited conscious focus that you habitually use." (from "The Nature of Personal Reality: Specific, Practical Techniques for Solving Everyday Problems and Enriching the Life You Know (A Seth Book)" by Jane Roberts)

Kindle edition: https://amzn.eu/dF8drR3

The film Deja Vu (2006) is about changing your past:

Like Like x 2 View List

inavalan

I think that people are interested in changing the past because they'd like to experience a different present, even a different future. They can't conceive that they could directly change the present, and accept the confines of the cause-effect paradigm.

In the framework of the "present as a point of power" you create in the present, making free-will choices in the field of possibilities allowed by your beliefs. Accordingly, your perceived past changes, not the past that you actually experienced. You draw a life path through the past, as you draw one into the future. Most of us can't perceive this happening.
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.