Regardless of our intent ... the meaning of the communication ...

Started by inavalan, January 16, 2023, 01:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

"Regardless of our intent, the response we get will dictate what the communication actually means. If you tell someone they look wonderful today but they hear it as being sarcastic, then the meaning of the communication is insult, not compliment"

--- Brain Software, Chris Thompson
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

inavalan

I read this quote in an article, and it caught my attention.

At first glance it seems simple and obvious. If you are interested in communicating something, you must be careful to do it so that you are understood, that is, not to express yourself carelessly. Especially in writing, it is easy to be misunderstood.

So, it is advisable not to assume that you were understood correctly, and to follow the reaction to what you communicated, to make sure.

Because the thought of this quote kept following me, somehow inexplicably, I intuitively looked for a deeper interpretation.

Immediately the thought came to me that this is how our relationship with our subconscious works (or god, universe, cosmic forces, that "higher" force to which we pray to give us / do for us something) when we "tell" it what we want.

We often do it carelessly, assuming that our subconscious (god, ...) understands our wish, but if we don't formulate it clearly (not only in words, but also if we don't think clearly) then it is possible, maybe even probable, to be misinterpreted and the desire to be fulfilled in an unexpected way, which does not suit us.

I don't interpret everything that goes through my head that way, but if there is something that catches my attention, I do it. It doesn't matter what the author wanted to say, but what it means to me, how I interpret it.

The same with what anyone says, what is written in the Bible, what I dream, what I notice about myself or others. I think that everything has multiple symbolic meanings, which are different for each one according to needs. We can learn from anything, and often the lessons appear when we need them.
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

Bora137

Words are of course useful to us on earth plane but they are a cumbersome blunt instrument. 90% of what we are actually communicating is non verbal and that's not even counting the true/pure psychic communication. And this text medium is close to dire apart from in large works where depth and some degree of truth are achievable but like you say what we take from books is largely based on what is already in us therefore different for each of us which it has to be because each of our paths are different.

I'm always aware that when talking to someone I'm using a very crude form of communication full of built in errors and traps, that attempts to bridge into their preconceptions and image they hold of me which in themselves largely dictate what they take away from the interaction. If I really need to move someone's mindset I will do some envisaging work first to manifest the desired outcome. So starting the conversation on the psychic level definitely helps the crude spoken communication that is to follow I think.
Like Like x 1 View List