"a belief in good without a belief in evil is actually highly realistic"

Started by inavalan, May 03, 2023, 09:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

"Quite simply, a belief in the good without a belief in the evil, may seem highly unrealistic to you. This belief, however, is the best kind of insurance that you can have, both during physical life and afterward.

It may outrage your intellect, and the evidence of your physical senses may shout that it is untrue, yet a belief in good without a belief in evil is actually highly realistic, since in physical life it will keep your body healthier, keep you psychologically free of many fears and mental difficulties, and bring you a feeling of ease and spontaneity in which the development of your abilities can be better fulfilled. After death it will release you from the belief in demons and hell, and enforced punishment. You will be better prepared to understand the nature of reality as it is. I understand that the concept does indeed offend your intellect, and that your senses seem to deny it. Yet you should already realize that your senses tell you many things, which are not true; and I tell you that your physical senses perceive a reality that is a result of your beliefs.

Believing in evils, you will of course perceive them. Your world has not tried the experiment as yet which would release you. Christianity was but a distortion of this main truth — that is, organized Christianity as you know it. I am not simply speaking here of the original precepts. They were hardly given a chance, and we will discuss some of this later in the book.

The experiment that would transform your world would operate upon the basic idea that you create your own reality according to the nature of your beliefs, and that all existence was blessed, and that evil did not exist in it. If these ideas were followed individually and collectively, then the evidence of your physical senses would find no contradiction. They would perceive the world and existence as good."

—SS Part Two: Chapter 11: Session 546, August 19, 1970
Like Like x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

Bora137

I can see this there is only good, love is the glue of the universe it is the only truth everything else is a distortion of love. We are all on a long journey back to love or source.
Like Like x 1 Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

inavalan

@Bora137 Yes, I know ...

As I understand it, your emotions bring into your reality situations that will cause the same kind of emotions, even if the specifics and the objects may be different.

One may think that he believes in love, but when others act or show differently, he gets angry, upset, frustrated, sad, ... with those people, which actually will bring in his reality situations that will cause him more anger, upset, frustration, sadness, ...

Loving only those who agree with you is easy.

The proof is in ... all your emotions :) And, negative emotions are stronger because they can be traced to the survival instinct.

This reminds of a dialogue from the movie "Two Weeks Notice", with Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock:

QuoteLucy: Why did you give her the money?               
George: She'd never have stopped till she got what she wanted. You always say I have a responsibility towards those less fortunate.
Lucy: Everybody is less fortunate than you... so just give the money to someone who's not gonna spend it on collagen.
George: You only want me to be generous to those you approve of.
:)
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.