Seth's New Year list of resolution would include feelings and attitudes.

Started by inavalan, July 14, 2023, 04:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inavalan

"Good evening.
("Good evening, Seth.")
Now: I wish you a merry new year into which I hope you manage to insert a touch of lightheartedness now and then.
Now if I were you two, making a list of resolutions, my list would include feelings and attitudes. Things to do are well and good—very good indeed—but the feelings and attitudes are, shall we say, at least as important. I would not presume to make a list of resolutions for you, but in an imaginative endeavor this is what I pretend I would list if I were you—meaning you both. Though this is a new year, there is nothing really new about the list.
(Throughout this delivery Seth's voice and manner had contained more than a little gentle irony.)
One: I will approve of myself, my characteristics, my abilities, my likes and my dislikes, my inclinations and disinclinations, realizing that these form my unique individuality. They are given me for a reason.
Two: I will approve of and rejoice in my accomplishments, and I will be as vigorous in listing these—as rigorous in remembering them—as I have ever been in remembering and enumerating my failures or lacks of accomplishment.
Three: I will remember the creative framework of existence, in which I have my being. Therefore the possibilities, potentials, seeming miracles, and joyful spontaneity of Framework 2 will be in my mind, so that the doors to creative living are open.
Four: I will realize that the future is a probability. In terms of ordinary experience, nothing exists there yet. It is virgin territory, planted by my feelings and thoughts in the present. Therefore I will plant accomplishments and successes, and I will do this by remembering that nothing can exist in the future that I do not want to be there .
A certain Mr. Butts, I believe, spoke earlier today about his parents, and mentioned the accomplishments that were present but not appreciated. The list I just gave you is important because if you do not value your abilities or approve of yourself, then you cut yourself off from using your own abilities. You deny yourself their help and aid because you do not recognize your own abilities as such in the true sense of the word.
You question your own characteristics, and so your accomplishments fade in your eyes. I do not want to be severe, and yet you do indeed show ingratitude when you "wish you were like other people." People of ordinary ways wish deeply "that they were different," that they possessed qualities that you both possess.
(9:27.) When you feel that way, you deepen a sense of isolation, while at the same time robbing yourselves of the true pleasures of accomplishment and creativity that a light isolation provides. The points I have mentioned are the ones that can literally work miracles in your lives, and they can begin tomorrow. Ruburt should definitely resume the point of power. It will vastly increase the effects of his exercises and walking. For it will add the miraculous touch of Framework 2 to those activities. That last sentence is highly important.
Begin the library—the two of you or Ruburt alone if you prefer. Read over the Framework 2 sessions, for both of you have largely forgotten to focus in that direction, and to look for hints of its activity. The looking-for creates the activity also, you see, for it serves as a psychological focus.
Do not be so severe in your dealings with yourselves, but be more indulgent. The both of you do know the meaning of the word."

—TPS5 Deleted Session January 1, 1979
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.

Deb

Always loved these. You probably saw there's an entire board on the home page devoted to this... fourth third one down. Always need a reminder though. I should probably make a cross-stitch of them and hang it next to my desk—get into the habit of reading it every morning. ;D

inavalan

No. I haven't noticed that before, so I just browsed it now. Thanks.
Although I don't always write it explicitly, it should be inferred that everything I post is "my belief", "my opinion" on that subject, at that moment.