Lynda Madden Dahl and her 'finding beliefs' tool

Started by Deb, November 23, 2016, 01:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

Excerpt from Beyond the Winning Streak: Using Conscious Creation to Consistently Win at Life, Lynda Madden Dahl, Chapter 6: The Golden Key

From My Perspective...
Finding Beliefs Through Our Emotions —

For years after I started to consciously create, I filled notebooks with my thoughts and feelings generated by my latest problem. Sometimes it was a situation at work I wanted to resolve peacefully, perhaps it was a feeling of inadequacy I had at the moment, or maybe a desire to create enough money to pay my tax bill.

It didn't take long to realize strong feelings were at play whenever I reached for a notebook. What I learned firsthand, and Seth says repeatedly, is that behind every feeling is a belief. It finally occurred to me there was a process behind what I was doing with the notebooks, and I could translate that process onto a form for easier use. It became the Belief Root Diagram (attached).

Here's how it works:

1. Choose a subject that has negative, limiting or fearful connotations for you. Select it from the past, present or future.

2. Condense it into a few words and write them in the Subject Circle. (Examples: Job, Health, Money, I have cancer, I need a friend.)

3. Think about the various feelings you hold around the subject. Write each one in a Feeling Circle. You can add adjectives or descriptive words, if you choose, such as "financial anxiety," "fear of failure," "gnawing concern."

4. In the Belief Circle under your Feeling Circle, write a statement that summarizes your reason for the feeling. Really focus on it first, get a gut-level reaction to the feeling, and then let it lead you into your statement. If another statement seems to be hanging around your mind's periphery, write it in the second Belief Circle directly below the first. Continue until all feelings have beliefs attached to them.

What you've done is something very powerful. You've identified beliefs that are developing the events around your subject. I know, I know. They're facts, right? Well, yes they are. They're also beliefs, and therefore can be changed.

To make the Belief Root Diagram more understandable, please see the next attachment. This is a Root Diagram of a man named, let's say, Robert. Look at the feelings he's identified around money, and the beliefs he uncovered from those feelings. This is a good first pass at delving into his financial situation. He's starting to get a handle on the dynamics that are creating his problems. He may find that one Root Diagram session isn't enough. Several passes over a period of days or weeks, possibly even months, may be necessary to get the complete picture.

The Belief Root Diagram is one very good way of identifying beliefs. It will consistently lead to information required to change a situation. I find it especially helpful in times of crisis, when nothing seems to make sense, or I'm losing ground to fear. That's when emotions are fully exposed, and usually the beliefs are quickly spotted.

[Click the attachment file names to download & print them yourself.
Or click the image to just view it larger.]

LenKop

Thanks Deb.

This is great for clearly identifying what's going on within us.

Len