Why do people struggle with/reject the idea of multidimensional reality?

Started by Batfan007, November 09, 2016, 09:28:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batfan007

I find it curious that some people do. The idea of a multidimensional universe / reality ridiculous, even in fictional universes (stories) some people struggle with the idea.
It's like they have agreed to be in a little box, and anything outside of that box just doesn't exist, even to the point of extreme denial.

So why do you guys think that is?

Perhaps part of it is pre life agreements for particular value fulfillment?
Multidimensional stuff might be distracting?
Here perhaps Seth would remind us that we all experience various multidimensional information, emotions, vitality et .

It's a curious topic.

Sena

Quote from: Batfan007The idea of a multidimensional universe / reality ridiculous, even in fictional universes (stories) some people struggle with the idea.
John, this may be because of the indoctrination which happens in school, advertising etc. We all learn science in school, but did we ever get the chance to talk about our dreams in school? Advertising tells us that we should get a bigger and better TV set, car etc. - all the focus on physical reality.

The situation is not helped by those who claim to know all about multidimensional reality, or who claim to be the sole correct interpreter of the Seth teachings. I think it is better to admit that, although we get glimmers of multidimensional reality now and then, we are actually groping in the dark. The reason for this may be that, as we are members of the benighted human race, we share a consensus reality, and it is really difficult to break free from this consensus.

LenKop

I think one of the biggest difficulties with multidimensional discussions is the idea of one's own identity. in this world where ego drives many things, I think many people just can't handle that this version of themselves is a small part of a greater whole. And on the other hand, some of the religious zealots can't handle that the greater whole has so many creative choices and freedoms within all the parts.

It can be quite shocking to anyone's established belief system when such dramatic information appears.

LK

Deb

I do think our materialism training has a lot to do with it. I can say everything I was taught in school while growing up was focused on the here and now being the end-all/be-all. What you see is what you get. Even christianity, I think (what little training I had in it) teaches that man on Earth is all that exists, not considering there could be life anywhere else in the universe.

I have a longtime, very close friend who does not believe in any spirituality-type stuff. She'll ask me a few questions about the teachings of Seth and listen politely (wanting more to relate to me ad how my mind works), but has her feet very firmly planted in the generally accepted view of reality. She would also never read, say, science fiction, has little or no interest in 'imaginary' (as opposed to real) things.

Growing up, I was always into scifi (not exclusively, but open to the creativeness and fantasy of it). I loved scary movies as a kid, the Starwars stuff, used to watch the Twilight Zone, Alfred Hitchcock, Night Gallery, The Outer Limits. Anything that explored what could be beyond the official line of consciousness or reality. This is a stretch, but I wonder if people who are interested in fantasy/scifi would be more open to the concept of multidimensions?

And yes, it could be that value fulfillment issue thing. We are meant to focus our attention on this reality for now and get our jobs done.

jbseth

Hi All,

Based upon my personal experiences with other people that I know, I'm inclinded to believe that for many people, the concept of a multi-dimensional reality is never even seriously considered. In their daily lives of work and family and presidential elections, etc., what's real is what's going on in their lives and anything else (dreams, visions, etc.) is not real; and that's as deep as it gets.

I think, as a group, the people who attend this forum are "philosophers" by nature, and as a rule, most people are not "philosophers" by nature.

Most of the people I know, never even consider the idea or option to question, the truth of the ideas behind the religions that they believe in.

As far as multidimensional reality, I would say that for most people, if they even heard of it, it probably comes from quantum physics and not from someone like Seth.

From a quantum physics standpoint, they probably just believe that it is just a quark of nature, no pun intended :), that's necessary to make the quantum physics math work out correctly.

Sena

Quote from: jbsethAs far as multidimensional reality, I would say that for most people, if they even heard of it, it probably comes from quantum physics and not from someone like Seth.
The findings of quantum physics lead logically to a multi-dimensional reality, but physicists have succeeded in masking this from most people by telling them that quantum physics is "all mathematical". I have not studied advanced mathematics, but I have a reasonable understanding of quantum physics. Schrodingers thought experiment of the "cat" fits with Seth's ideas on probable futures.

jbseth

Quote from: SenaSchrodingers thought experiment of the "cat" fits with Seth's ideas on probable futures.

Hi Sena,

I agree completely.

In addition to this, I also think the quantum physics concept of "entanglement" probably lines up well with some of Seth's concept such as how we constantly recreate ourselves every moment of time, simultaneous time and the "Spacious Present". 

Batfan007

Quote from: LenKop
I think one of the biggest difficulties with multidimensional discussions is the idea of one's own identity. in this world where ego drives many things, I think many people just can't handle that this version of themselves is a small part of a greater whole. And on the other hand, some of the religious zealots can't handle that the greater whole has so many creative choices and freedoms within all the parts.

It can be quite shocking to anyone's established belief system when such dramatic information appears.

LK

I totally get that, but at the same time, without that awareness, I thought I would be legitimately batshit crazy by this point, or least suicidal/homicidal (often the same thing). I'm very .....hmmm what's the word, I don't want to say empathic, it's a bit that, but mixed with being OVER SENSITIVE to like everything, would be the way to put it, I'm just built differently. You can argue with "how you are"  or make peace with it.

Too much stimulus and "psychic residue" or BULLSHIT really drives me round the bend, which is why I like to not be around too many people at once, and generally avoid large crowds etc, not always, I'm not a shut in or anything , now and then I walk through the city, no problems, it's more like in crowded small spaces, too many people, too many thoughts and feeling flying around on to pick up on.

If i don't meditate regularly, exercise vigorously and go places that are outdoor and very green, I get really angry and irritable constantly.

Batfan007

Quote from: Sena
Quote from: jbsethAs far as multidimensional reality, I would say that for most people, if they even heard of it, it probably comes from quantum physics and not from someone like Seth.
The findings of quantum physics lead logically to a multi-dimensional reality, but physicists have succeeded in masking this from most people by telling them that quantum physics is "all mathematical". I have not studied advanced mathematics, but I have a reasonable understanding of quantum physics. Schrodingers thought experiment of the "cat" fits with Seth's ideas on probable futures.

you know, I watched the Matrix a few times, and there were quite a few Math-'splosions in that movie.
I love me a good math movie blockbuster. Neo did have A beautiful mind indeed.

Quote from: Sena
Quote from: Batfan007The idea of a multidimensional universe / reality ridiculous, even in fictional universes (stories) some people struggle with the idea.
John, this may be because of the indoctrination which happens in school, advertising etc. We all learn science in school, but did we ever get the chance to talk about our dreams in school? Advertising tells us that we should get a bigger and better TV set, car etc. - all the focus on physical reality.

The situation is not helped by those who claim to know all about multidimensional reality, or who claim to be the sole correct interpreter of the Seth teachings. I think it is better to admit that, although we get glimmers of multidimensional reality now and then, we are actually groping in the dark. The reason for this may be that, as we are members of the benighted human race, we share a consensus reality, and it is really difficult to break free from this consensus.

The single line hard edges reality is a funny pill to swallow.
Indoctrination, sure why not.
But as a cinephile I gotta go with the bigger TV is better, man full aspect ration, films that look better than the print they originally were created on! Beautiful.
But  the way TV's break every few years now, from simple cheap parts (that you void the warranty if you fix yourself) so TV's end up in landfill instead of being fixed and used for many years, yeah that's a total scam imo.
Oh look I need Iphone 27.2, because my brain has evolved beyond Iphone 20..........and I've grown extra fingers, so I need more buttons.

HINT: None of those things happened. We don't need new models of tech shit EVERY year, MAYBE if you work at a high end tech firm or something, but otherwise it's a stupid monopoly on software sales, shitty defective operating systems with the same bugs, and tech that breaks long before it should so you have to replace it at "the authorized center" who don't return your call,s lose your shit (happened to my brother, the I-phone-aholic) or will weasel out of warranties of fixing anything every chance they get.

Batfan007

Quote from: LenKop

LK

Yup, my primary view of reality / personality is mystical. It's not something I was raised with, and I've never had any "guides" at least not physical ones, but relying on Seth books and similar stuff.
The sad thing is in the age of science (which I love, lots of great stuff, video games, hurrah!) we have this spiritual poverty where the crime to me is not whether one is religious or not, or spiritual or not, but that people have been taught from birth not to trust themselves, and to trust external authorities, who can only ever fail them. And when one fails we run from one external authority to another. "I can't believe it's not a cult!"

Hey, like that Matrix movie...........I think they were on to something maybe... LOL.