Seth on enlightenment

Started by Sena, April 10, 2017, 12:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

Seth did not have much to say about enlightenment as such. I found this quote in The Seth Audio Collection - Excerpt 22:

"[A student: "Seth, what is this stuff that everybody calls enlightenment?"]

Now, if I could sing, I would sing, "What is This Thing Called Love?" But I cannot sing.

Enlightenment is a normal part of your consciousness. It is a function of your consciousness.

There are varying methods that you think will help you achieve it. As long as you think you need methods, you will run from method to method, and from teacher to teacher. And the teachers will very cleverly work within your beliefs.

If you believe that you are guilty, then you will go to a teacher who will say, "Yes, you are indeed guilty, and I will tell you how nasty and dirty you are." And in one way or another, he will show you how to do penance for your sins.

It may be a wise and clever benign guru who gives you so many hits over the back with a whip. It may be a system of beliefs that tells you that you must work very hard for knowledge because you believe you do not deserve it easily."

http://seth-material.blogspot.com/2010/08/seth-audio-collection-excerpt-16_08.html

It is interesting to consider what another teacher, Adyashanti, has to say about enlightenment:

"Enlightenment is a destructive process. It has nothing to do with becoming better or being happier. Enlightenment is the crumbling away of untruth. It's seeing through the facade of pretence. It's the complete eradication of everything we imagined to be true."

http://enlightened-people.com/adyashanti-quotes-enlightenment-silence-meditation/

It appears from what is written on another forum that some people are skeptical about the Seth teachings being a guide to enlightenment:

"No offense, but chance are you'll be right here on ATS (abovetopsecret) 10 years from now, still talking about Seth, but no completion, no Enlightenment. I know at least a dozen folks who grew up with the Seth books, and are exactly in the same place where they started from, still Unenlightened..... but hey, if it floats your boat to continue being a seeker....by all means."

From <http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread978399/pg5&mem=>

I personally have no great desire to become enlightened. I have, however, been studying the Seth teachings for 1 1/2 years and I am certainly not in the "same place" I was in before. I can't say definitely whether it is a "better" place, but it is a more interesting place,

Deb

Quote from: SethEnlightenment is a normal part of your consciousness. It is a function of your consciousness.

I like this, it reminds me of Seth saying that miracles are simply nature unimpeded. So enlightenment is not an elevated state, but rather our natural state minus all of the camo, filters and blinders. It makes it feel more achievable.

"And so, if you play hide and seek in your playground, it is a great game! But you can stop playing hide and seek with yourselves whenever you choose. You may enjoy the game, but when you are finished with hide and seek, then you will find, and the finding is within yourself." Audio Collection, #1

I really like the Adyashanti quote as well, it's along the same lines. There are some who would prefer the facades remain intact (i.e. the scene in the Matrix where Cypher had enough of reality and wanted to be reinserted into the Matrix) and others who want the whole truth and nothing but the truth, no matter how unglamorous it may be. (To a certain extent Neo, new man.) And a multitude of variations between. But... we came here into this camouflage reality, accepting it as our baseline. It's up to us how much of the illusion we want to strip away.

I will explore the seth-material blog a bit more. I saw on the home page http://seth-material.blogspot.com/ there is a list of The Nine Families of Consciousness according to Seth. More to explore. Update: I see the blog is an old Linda Dahl site that was apparently abandoned several years ago.

I saw one comment on the Nine Families, which had a link to a Youtube where the 'channeler' brought Jane Roberts through as a special guest to talk about Speakers. There seems to be an unlimited amount of channelers these days.

Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

sethspeaks

I think enlightenment is essentially the contact with ATI.

Session 561:
"This reality and those attributes will appear within various systems of actuality in keeping with the camouflage data of any given system. The inner experience with the multidimensional God can come in two main areas. One is through the realization that this prime moving force is within everything that you can perceive with your senses. The other method is to realize that this primary motive force has a reality independent of its connection with the world of appearances.
All personal contact with the multidimensional God, all legitimate moments of mystic consciousness, will always have a unifying effect. They will not, therefore, isolate the individual involved, but instead will enlarge his perceptions until he will experience the reality and uniqueness of as many other aspects of reality of which he is capable."

Sena

Quote from: sethspeaksThe inner experience with the multidimensional God can come in two main areas.
Seth's teaching on God (All That Is) is complex:

"He is not human in your terms, though he passed through human stages; and here the Buddhist myth comes closest to approximating reality. He is not one individual, but an energy gestalt. If you remember what I said about the way in which the universe expands, that it has nothing to do with space, then you may perhaps dimly perceive the existence of a psychic pyramid of interrelated, ever-expanding consciousness that creates, simultaneously and instantaneously, universes and individuals that are given -- through the gifts of personal perspective -- duration, psychic comprehension, intelligence, and eternal validity." (The Seth Material, p.261)

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jane_Roberts

"The God of Jane: A Psychic Manifesto (1981)" (not derived from Seth, I assume) adds to the complexity:

"I'm taking it for granted here that there is a Source or God, but that our visions of such a vast psychological reality are limited, even shoddy and destructive. The idea of a crucified God to me at least is aesthetically appalling, for example. Why not a God who loves earth and life for a change? If we're going to insist upon a superhuman God, then why a distant, tempestuous God 'the father'? Why not a God who has the finest human abilities carried to their fullest; God the superartist, superlover, superartisan or athlete or farmer? At least such designations would upgrade the conventional ideas of a godhead. And of course Christianity leaves out any goddesses, so that along with Darwinian and Freudian theories religion is not just parochial but 'sexist' as well. And no one ever talks about Christ, the lover of women ".

Back to Seth:

"God is more than the sum of all the probable systems of reality He has created, and yet He is within each one of these, without exception. He is therefore within each man and woman. He is also within each spider, shadow, and frog, and this is what man does not like to admit."

—Seth Speaks, Session 560

http://www.amberallen.com/seth-material/seth-god-redefined/

More from The Seth Material:

"At first, in your terms, all the probable reality existed as nebulous dreams within the consciousness of All That Is. Latter, the unspecific nature of these "dreams" grew more particular and vivid. The dreams became recognized one from the other until they drew the conscious notice of All That Is. And with curiosity and yearning, All That Is paid more attention to Its own dreams.

It then purposefully gave them more and more detail, and yearned toward this diversity and grew to love that which was not yet separate from itself. It gave consciousness and imagination to personalities while they still were but within Its dreams. They also yearned to be actual.
Potential individuals, in your terms, had consciousness before the beginning or any beginning as you know it, then. They clamored to be released into actuality, and All That Is, in unspeakable sympathy, sought within Itself for the means.

In Its massive imagination, It understood the cosmic multiplication of consciousness that could not occur within that framework. Actuality was necessary if these probabilities were to be given birth. All That Is saw, then, an infinity of probable, conscious individuals, and foresaw all possible developments, but they were locked within It until It found the means.

This was in your terms a primary cosmic dilemma, and one with which It wrestled until All That It Was was completely involved and enveloped within that cosmic problem.

Had It not solved it, All That Is would have faced insanity, and there would have been, literally, a reality without reason and the universe run wild."

sethspeaks

Session 596:
"Such "new truths" can still be very ancient indeed, but truth is not a thing that must always have the same appearance, shape, form, or dimension. Those who persist, therefore, in shielding their truths from questions threaten to destroy the validity of their knowledge.
Again, those who are so certain of their answers will lack that need to know that can lead them into still greater dimensions of understanding. Any valid expansion of consciousness is itself, of course, a part of the message. The personality finds itself encountering living truth, and knows that truth only exists in those terms.
I have used the term "expansion of consciousness" here rather than the more frequently used "cosmic consciousness" (pause), because the latter implies an experience of proportions not available to mankind at this time. (Pause.) Intense expansion of consciousness by contrast to your normal state may appear to be cosmic in nature, but they barely hint at those possibilities of consciousness that are available to you now, much less begin to approach a true cosmic awareness.
(10.55)The ideas presented in this book should allow many readers to expand their perceptions and consciousness in ways they may not have believed possible. The book itself is written in such a way that all those ready to learn will benefit. There is meaning not only in the written words themselves, but connection existing between them that do not appear, and that will have meanings to various levels of the personality.
(Jane, in trance, tried to light a book match several times, but it was evidently too damp. She finally had to put her new cigarette aside.)The integrity of any intuitive information depends upon the inner integrity of the person who receives it. Expansion of consciousness, therefore, requires honest self appraisal, an awareness of one's own beliefs and prejudices. (Long pause at 11:01.) It brings a gift and a responsibility. All who wish to look within themselves, to find their own answers, to encounter their own "appointment with the universe," should therefore become well acquainted with the intimate workings of their own personality.
That is it."