If we create our own reality, do we need to eat?

Started by Sena, April 16, 2017, 10:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

No, we don't need to. Eating is so passé.
Israeli Ray Maor is a breatharian (video in Hebrew with English subtitles):

From 1923 until her death in 1962, Therese Neumann, a Catholic nun, professed to have consumed no food other than The Holy Eucharist, nor to have drunk any water from 1926 until her death.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therese_Neumann

I have not given up beef and pork yet. I am clinging to consensus reality.

Deb

I've been thinking about this. If you really, truly believe you don't need food, our physical bodies are like anything else we create. Seth says what we believe about our food (and anything else) is more important than the food itself. So eating/drinking could be considered a placebo effect. Yet, of the cases of this I've seen on the internet, serious weight loss is involved such as this woman from Seattle or the man in the video.

I'm not ready to give up food anytime soon. Being a foodie, it's an enjoyable hobby of mine. https://theherbanfarmer.com/2012/01/page/2/

I saw the Wiki on Therese Neumann, she had a lot going on, including stigmata, having visions of the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ.

Sena

Quote from: DebYet, of the cases of this I've seen on the internet, serious weight loss is involved such as this woman from Seattle or the man in the video.
Deb, some may starve themselves with suicidal intent, and those people will certainly lose weight. And of course those with anorexia nervosa have false beliefs, thinking they are too fat. The interesting ones are those who are happy not eating and who are of normal weight.

It is interesting that Therese Neumann was NOT canonized by the Catholic Church. This is from a book by Edna O'Brien:

"Therese Neumann, with the wounds of Christ all over her body, her clothing blood-stained, abstaining from food and drink for thirty years, but happy, happy as Sister says, her full-throated birds chorusing all around her."

http://tinyurl.com/lc52eub

Deb

Quote from: SenaDeb, some may starve themselves with suicidal intent, and those people will certainly lose weight. And of course those with anorexia nervosa have false beliefs, thinking they are too fat. The interesting ones are those who are happy not eating and who are of normal weight.

Both the man in the video and the woman from Seattle stopped eating for a period of time because they believed they could do it and they both lost a lot of weight. But then I don't know their beliefs around the changes in their bodies during such a fast. I've personally witnessed two hospice deaths in my family, and it both of them 3 weeks to die with no food.

Do you know of others besides Therese that maintained their weight? There was some question of whether she was being truthful: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therese_Neumann

"Neumann was not observed to have eaten anything, however, suspicion was generated. At the beginning she had weighed 121 pounds which dropped during the test period to 112.5 pounds. By the last day her weight had returned to normal. Historian Ian Wilson commented the evidence indicated that Neumann "went back to normal food and drink intake". The test was never repeated and her family denied permission for any further tests."

As far as  her stigmata, I'm accepting of Seth's explanation of the crucifixion "myth," so I don't know how her experiences fit in with that, other than her own personal beliefs about the crucifixion. And again (like anyone and anything else outside the OLC), she was questioned:

"Professor Martini the director of the University Hospital Bonn observed Neumann and wrote a report about her stigmata. He found her behaviour suspicious as the blood would only appear from her wounds when he was asked to leave the room. According to Martini:

'The fact that two or three times the observers were made to go out just at the moment when a fresh effusion of blood evidently came to cover the wounds arouses the suspicion, on the contrary, that during this time something happened which needed to be hidden from observation. It was for the same reason that I disliked her frequent manipulations behind the raised coverings.' "

But all of that aside, not needing food/drink makes sense to me from an energy aspect. Our bodies are energy, everything around is energy. If we believe we are expending* our bodily energy and need to replace it, in this reality we eat. And convert the energy from what we eat into our own. But all is energy, we are already tapped into the Field of unlimited energy and if we "knew" that, food/drink should become unnecessary. Maybe it's just another learning tool in this existence. I'm thinking about all the moral controversy food causes on this planet (eating disorders, what's good for us, what's not good for us, hunger strikes, feeding the hungry, killing & eating animals, deforestation, farming practices, gmo, overfishing, etc.).

*"Seth hadn't said so during the session, but Jane told me she'd "picked up from him" that she should eat an extra meal a day for a while — usually late at night, as, say, after a session. Also, she should take extra exercise each day, moving as rapidly as she could. She wasn't under any additional strain while producing "Unknown" Reality, she added, since she wanted to do it, but those simple actions would help refresh her. Her use of energy since starting the book has been lavish"
—UR1 Section 1: Session 686 February 27, 1974

Sena

Quote from: DebDo you know of others besides Therese that maintained their weight?
There is this Indian man Prahlad Jani who was studied by  India's defence research organization. That report was in 2010, and I couldn't get anything more recent.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/7645857/Man-claims-to-have-had-no-food-or-drink-for-70-years.html

Convincing cases are rare. The belief that we need food and water to survive is perhaps the most basic belief of physical existence. Very few people are able to give up that belief. Some of those who survive in places like famine-ridden East Africa may do so because they have been able to change their beliefs.

Sena

Quote from: strangerthings
These are creations that we enjoy playing with so why the heck not. They are just toys. IMO
I agree.