A Teacher - Neville Goddard

Started by strangerthings, March 08, 2017, 11:26:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangerthings

When I started applying the Teachings of Seth, pretty 'out there' things began to happen to me. Experiences that only in the 'these books are trickier than you thought (Seth)' type of crypted speech Seth spoke in at various times, would Neville Goddard help me deal.

So for anyone who has dreams of a child whom you absolutely without any doubt love more than anything in the world --- Neville Goddard could help.

There are sooooooo many videos of his lectures on youtube you can just go to youtube and type in "Neville Goddard".

For anyone against religious type of teachings, or for anyone who has a hard time wrapping their head around the Seth Material due to religious beliefs, I highly recommend Neville's teachings. Wayne Dyer is a student of his for any wondering.  Neville helped me piece together what was happening to me.

And the Seth-Jane-Roberts teachings made even more sense to me.

If anyone is experiencing anything like what is mentioned inside the Goddard material and is strugging to cope or really needs someone to talk to, I am here. 

[If I have posted this in the wrong category, please feel free to move it where it would thus be proper]

Batfan007

I love Neville's books and teachings.

I have the large collected edition that has all his main works in one book, and it is one of my all time favourite books.  8)
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Sena

In response to strangerthings' recommendation of Goddard, I downloaded "The Power of Awareness". The very beginning of this book is a re-interpretation of a rather mysterious quote from St. Paul to the Ephesians:

"All things, when they are admitted, are made manifest by the light: for everything that is made manifest is light." (Ephesians 5:13)

Goddard states explicitly, "THE LIGHT is consciousness". Now the quote from Ephesians makes sense. I think Seth would have agreed, although he may have said "The light is the psyche".
Like Like x 1 View List

Sena

Quote from: strangerthings
And to know me, is to know that I have rebelled against this bible for as long as I can remember.
Accordion to Ian Lawton's book "What Jesus was really saying" we can all walk on water:

http://www.ianlawton.com/wjrsindex.html

Sena

My understanding of Neville Goddard is that he did NOT regard Christ as a "person" or "being". This is a quote from his book "The Power of Awareness":

"The mystery, Christ in you, is your imagination, by which your world is molded..... Christ is not to be found in history, nor in external forms. You find Christ only when you become aware of the fact that your imagination is the only redemptive power.."
Like Like x 1 View List

Sena

Although the Neville Goddard books pre-date the Seth books, Goddard sheds an interesting light on the Seth teachings. For instance, this is what Goddard writes in "The Power of Awareness":

"Free will actually means freedom to select any idea you desire."

It appears that, according to Goddard, once you decide on an idea you set in train a series of events that cannot be altered. In Sethian terms you have entered a different probable reality, although Goddard does not refer to "probable reality". Goddard writes:

"By assuming the idea already to be a fact, it is converted into reality. Beyond that, free will ends, and everything happens in harmony with the concept assumed.... If you had a different concept of yourself, everything would be different.... If you change your concept of yourself, the events ahead of you in time are altered, but, thus altered, they form again a deterministic sequence starting from the moment of this changed concept. You are a being with powers of intervention, which enable you, by a change of consciousness, to alter the course of observed events - in fact, to change your future."

We must be careful what we wish for, because if we wish for something not so good, we will definitely get it.

"If on the other hand, your assumption be an unlovely one, it hinders you and makes your downward way swifter..... As well as yourself, claim for others their Divine inheritance. See only their good and the good in them."
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

Sena

Why ....oh why are these children so.....empty and afraid?
strangerthings, could you please expand on your reference to children. I have a rough knowledge of the David and Goliath story, but where do children come into it?

I am wary about relying on the Bible too much.

"The Bible is a conglomeration of parables and stories, intermixed with some unclear memories of much earlier times. The bible that you recognize — or that is recognized — is not the first, however, but was compiled from several earlier ones as man tried to look back, so to speak, and recount his past and predict his future."
—Way to Health Chapter 1: January 25, 1984

http://search.sethtalks.com/q/session:'January+25+1984'+bible/

Sena

When I see particular things in the dream state, I am shown things that have happened which I am understanding are quite symbolic and in terms I understand. The giant is being fed from the energies of the children. Which they then are unaware of who they are. The giant is enormous and was standing with feet on ground and head in the clouds. As in his head reached all the way up to the clouds. And in them. Past them. He was a Giant.

I was seeing humanity. The ones that are unaware they are possible.
Thanks for explaining this. I think Gurdjieff said something like this, also symbolically. He said that our negative emotions "feed the moon."

Sena

Neville Goddard's teacher was Abdullah, an Ethiopian rabbi:

strangerthings

Quote from: Sena on September 03, 2017, 05:45:03 AMI think Gurdjieff said something like this, also symbolically. He said that our negative emotions "feed the moon."

What would life be like if we directed love towards the moon?

There is a something Seth says in one of the CDs (one of the ones number 22 or something) he talks about the sun and moon in our brain and the moon in our brain committing suicide because of our 'negative' thinking. Im paraphrasing but it keeps popping up so now I am going to find it.