Started by Deb, June 26, 2017, 09:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

Just a fun fact: As of today, this forum has 222 members and our Facebook page has 222 likes (not the same people). 222 twice, lol. Lots of provocative spiritual translations on the internet about 222. It's all good.

Michael Sternbach

This calls for some additional numerological rumbling...

My take on this refers to Tarot, as the cards of a deck are each regarded as the epitome of a number.

Now Tarot has 21 numbered Trump cards, but The Fool (which traditionally carries no number, and in modern decks "zero") is sometimes regarded as no. 22. Thus, it stands at the end of a circle, and the beginning of a new one.

And "222" could be seen as extension of "22" ...

Michael Sternbach

Just noticed that the previous post was my 21st one. This one is no. 22. :D

Deb

Quote from: Michael Sternbach
And "222" could be seen as extension of "22" ...

I don't know much about Tarot, that's interesting. Most of the stuff that turned up when I searched on 222 had to do with angels (or as I prefer to see it, my higher self). This type of stuff:

"Angel Number 222 is a message of faith and trust from spirit guides."

"Two is the number of partnership and relationships. When you see 222, pay attention to the people who are showing up in your world."

"Your thoughts align with the truth. This is verification from the angels that those thoughts are correct."

"Angel Number 222 says to trust your intuition, it is your soul speaking to you."

And your 22nd post, how appropriate!

Sena

Quote from: Deb
When you see 222, pay attention to the people who are showing up in your world.
This brings to mind a person who contacted me on the internet a couple of months ago. We have been having an interesting exchange of messages.

Deb

The nice thing about noticing the 'message' of 222 is that since it's associated with this forum, I think it's meant for all of us here.

The internet has opened a whole new level of communication for me.

Sena

The internet has opened a whole new level of communication for me.

Deb, obviously the internet has pros and cons. Total electronic surveillance is now a possibilty, and the fear of terrorist attacks may swing public opinion in that direction. Seth, however, says something about the fallacy of opposites, and we have to make use of the internet to spread Seth's good news.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40276568

Deb

Quote from: Sena
Total electronic surveillance is now a possibilty, and the fear of terrorist attacks may swing public opinion in that direction.

If everything here is an illusion, then so are the internet and the increasing drama around hacking, cyber spying, electronic surveillance. Seth says we constantly communicate telepathically, so then really nothing is private, privacy is also an illusion.

I've always believed in collective consciousness, I've seen evidence of it throughout my life. When the internet first came out "big time," my sense was that it was a metaphor for underlying collective consciousness. So no need for language really, or internet and all the other tools we use to communicate in this realm. I think he also said that we politely do not acknowledge the telepathy for the sake of personal privacy (I'm paraphrasing here, wish I could find the quote) but I suppose more importantly, to keep this game going.

"We communicate telepathically, but then again, telepathy is the basis for your languages, without which their symbolism would be meaningless."
—SS Chapter 2: Session 513, February 5, 1970

What if the internet is a stepping-stone to introduce the masses to our innate telepathy and connectedness and take us to a new level of consciousness?

Michael Sternbach

Total electronic surveillance is now a possibilty, and the fear of terrorist attacks may swing public opinion in that direction.

If everything here is an illusion, then so are the internet and the increasing drama around hacking, cyber spying, electronic surveillance. Seth says we constantly communicate telepathically, so then really nothing is private, privacy is also an illusion.

I don't think that everything is an illusion. And we may be communicating with each other telepathically, but that doesn't mean that everyone knows everything about everyone else at a consciousness level, and, things being the way they are, I would say, that is a good thing.

QuoteI've always believed in collective consciousness, I've seen evidence of it throughout my life. When the internet first came out "big time," my sense was that it was a metaphor for underlying collective consciousness. So no need for language really, or internet and all the other tools we use to communicate in this realm. I think he also said that we politely do not acknowledge the telepathy for the sake of personal privacy (I'm paraphrasing here, wish I could find the quote) but I suppose more importantly, to keep this game going.

"We communicate telepathically, but then again, telepathy is the basis for your languages, without which their symbolism would be meaningless."
—SS Chapter 2: Session 513, February 5, 1970

What if the internet is a stepping-stone to introduce the masses to our innate telepathy and connectedness and take us to a new level of consciousness?

Maybe the Internet is a technological analogy to Indra's Net?

Sena

Quote from: Michael Sternbach
I don't think that everything is an illusion.
Michael, I agree. My understanding of Seth is that physical reality is an illusion, and quantum physics lends support to this. Framework 2 is not an illusion.

Deb, you wrote, "What if the internet is a stepping-stone to introduce the masses to our innate telepathy and connectedness and take us to a new level of consciousness? "

My view is that the internet has a limited role in increasing consciousness. I would never have come across Seth if not for the internet, but the vast majority of people seem to use the internet to confirm their prejudices. Have you come across this anti-Seth stuff?:

http://afterlife-knowledge.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1177715919

Deb

Quote from: Michael SternbachI don't think that everything is an illusion. And we may be communicating with each other telepathically, but that doesn't mean that everyone knows everything about everyone else at a consciousness level, and, things being the way they are, I would say, that is a good thing.

Framework 2 is not an illusion.

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I meant things here, in F1, where we are all constantly creating our own individual realities, dramas and mass-created constants.

I also didn't mean we are communicating telepathically on an awake and conscious level, but through the subconscious. Otherwise we wouldn't be writing and posting and talking and emailing. I need to be more diligent with my conscious non-telepathic communication skills. :)

I don't know to what degree we communicate telepathically and how much we know or need to know about what each other thinks, but quotes like these make me wonder what IS private:

"Because we use telepathy we can hide little from each other, even if we wished to. This, I am sure, seems an invasion of privacy to you, and yet I assure you that even now none of your thoughts are hidden, but are known quite clearly to your family and friends — and I may add, unfortunately, to those you consider enemies as well. You are simply not aware of this fact." SS Chapter 3: Session 518, March 18, 1970

"You cooperate together to form the physical reality that you know, telepathically, through ways and means that are unknown to you. You weave webs of psychic reality that then coalesce into physical reality. You do not necessarily weave them alone, but together. Your thoughts intertwine with those of others. You are responsible for your own thoughts. You need to learn the power of thought and emotion, but this should fill you with the joy of creativity. Once you realize that your thoughts form reality, then you are no longer a slave to events. You simply have to learn the methods." — Seth Speaks, Appendix, ESP Class Session, 01/05/71

"Now: you must understand, for one thing, that telepathy operates constantly at a subconscious level. If you continually expect any individual to behave in a particular manner, then you are constantly sending him telepathic suggestions that he will do so. Every individual reacts to suggestion. According then to the specific conditions existing at the time, such an individual will to some extent or another act according to the mass suggestions he has received." —TES8 Session 340 May 10, 1967

"Because we use telepathy we can hide little from each other, even if we wished to."—SS Chapter 3: Session 518, March 18, 1970

My view is that the internet has a limited role in increasing consciousness. I would never have come across Seth if not for the internet, but the vast majority of people seem to use the internet to confirm their prejudices. Have you come across this anti-Seth stuff?:

I haven't seen that particular post but have come across a few people who are determined to discredit Jane and Seth. Not everyone has the same interests and I feel that yes, many try to gather proof and like-minded individuals to validate their own beliefs. Yet, my experience has been that I've found more positive and supportive information about Seth out there than negative. This person's use of the word "blasphemous" tells me where he's coming from. He speculates that Jane was a victim of spirit impersonation, delivering false ideas about the crucifixion from a gnostic writing that was not translated during Jane's lifetime.

Back to this: the majority of internet stuff I've found has been positive about Seth and Jane. And those writers and speakers tend to be very intelligent, educated, intellectual and have more credibility than the few that have a personal vendetta against Seth and Jane. They can also reach a much larger audience, as many of them are well known and respected, such as Thomas Campbell, Dispenza, Dooley, Abraham-Hicks, Dyer, Lynda, etc.

BTW, last week I came across a forum post bashing Seth, and the person mentioned they were a Flat Earther. Maybe for that person, the earth IS flat, although I would have thought that basic belief involving our planet would be one of those mass-agreed-to constants in this reality.  :P

Sena

Because we use telepathy we can hide little from each other, even if we wished to. This, I am sure, seems an invasion of privacy to you, and yet I assure you that even now none of your thoughts are hidden, but are known quite clearly to your family and friends — and I may add, unfortunately, to those you consider enemies as well. You are simply not aware of this fact."
Deb, it seems to me that our thoughts (or more likely our emotions) are known even to dogs. Where we live there are a number of stray dogs. They are mostly quite submissive, they occasionally bark at you, and rarely they bite. Now when I pass these dogs I make it a point to have pleasant thoughts about them.

Deb

it seems to me that our thoughts (or more likely our emotions) are known even to dogs.

I don't think animals have blocked out telepathic communication the way humans do. I used to have African Grey parrots, and they could sense my mood and would respond to me in kind without fail. They were my thought police. I also often see animals gravitate towards certain people, shy away from others. A lot of animals read body language very well, but I think there's more to it than that.

I also think a lot of people see evidence of telepathy but instead attribute it to something else. Have you ever been unconsciously looking at a stranger and suddenly they look up for no reason?

I make it a point to have pleasant thoughts about them.

That's really nice, everyone could use a little good energy sent their way.