Author Topic: New Poster -- Need a Bit of Clarification  (Read 120 times)

Offline BigOne

So I've just been introduced to The Nature of Personal Reality, and it's mindblowng. It seems so logical and normal, it almost makes me look at humanity and go - "why haven't we figured this out yet?" It will come soon though, I know it.

Anyway, the question I've got is, why does Seth seem to say that growing 5 feet tall as an adult is physically impossible, yet growing 5-6 inches is completely possible? Or that growing an arm is impossible, but growing taller or losing/gaining weight is?

I've come to the conclusion that our body knows how to grow taller, and gain or lose weight, yet doesn't know how to grow another arm. And as such our body knows how to grow taller 5 inches or so, but not 5 feet at once?  Or perhaps similar to losing 200 pounds when weighing 205, our physical bodies would not be able to handle it? Maybe growing 5 feet taller would be too much to handle, or maybe because we do not believe it?

I would love to be taller, and believe it or not the natural hypnosis I've been trying has actually got me about an inch and a quarter in just a month of doing so (I measured because I seemed taller), and I obviously only want to be about 3 inches more, but it begs the question that if 5 inches is possible why not 5 feet?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 05:24:43 PM by BigOne »

Offline BigOne

In any case, I would say it is a misinterpretation by me.

"You each have a body and you each have a consciousness. You can practice with these ideas by applying them to your body. For now we are taking into consideration the fact that, generally speaking, you are not going to make yourself five physical feet taller if you are a grown adult already, because there are certain physical laws with which you must contend.
In that context you can even appear taller, and affect others as if you were-which would usually be what you wanted in any case under the circumstances.""

I believe what he says here is that because of the physical laws of our society (the fact that most door ways are less than 7ft tall), you would not make yourself taller. In the context, you may make yourself appear taller, by a few inches, and that would give you the confidence or effect of what feeling five feet taller would essentially give you. Perhaps he is saying that you do not need to be 5 feet taller and would not fit into society, and as such you can appear taller by being even a few inches taller. So essentially that you need only be a few inches taller to accomplish the feeling of what you want, and so you would not make yourself 5 feet taller.

Offline BigOne

He is simply stating that generally speaking (for most people), you won’t make yourself 5 feet taller, because there are certain physical (by this he means human, or anything that is non-physical) laws you must contend with(by this he means general rules society abides by).

He goes on to state that in this case, if what you want is to be tall, you can get the same effect by appearing a little taller (much less than 5 feet, let’s say 5 inches for argument's case).

So he actually states that it is possible, saying in most cases you won't make yourself taller, not that you can’t. This implies you can, and some (very rare and odd) cases will, but generally speaking you won’t, as most people want it for the feeling of confidence and superiority, and a few inches will give this. There is no need for 5 feet, so generally speaking, you won't.

Offline Sena

• Sethie III
Hi BigOne, welcome to the forum. My view on this is that I want to take the general principles that Seth has given rather than get hung up on the detail. The basic thing is that consciousness creates physical reality. I get almost daily confirmation of this in seemingly trivial events.

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~earth spirit~
    • Urban Farming
Hey BigOne, welcome to the forum!

My take on it is that it is all based on our beliefs, both as individuals and a mass consciousness. Seth has mentioned many times that there are certain things we agree on as "constants" in this reality to give us a somewhat sound basis from which we can operate. Things like regenerating an amputated limb are not generally accepted as possible in this existence. At least not for the human species. I don't know why we agree to that in particular, some other species can do so.

But judging on what I've seen, there are many possibilities in physical existence that don't follow our rules of what is the norm. So my thought is that while there is a general consensus on the rules of our reality, personal ones can over-rule them at times. I would like to be 2" taller than I am. My last (rare) doctor visit showed I am 1" taller than what I've been told all my life. I am well past what the norm is for growth potential.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 03:47:42 AM by Deb »

Offline LenKop

• Sethie II
Welcome BigOne,

You might not be taller, but you just might create a larger tape measure.

Or you might be taller.

Or you and the tape measure are taller

Or the tape measure has shrunk.

Or all of the above depending how you feel, and what you believe at certain periods in your life.   ;)

Cheers

Len

Offline Renato

Hello.
Can you explain how do you practice the Natural Hypnosis technique? I never fully understood how to do it just by reading Seth's explanations on it. Do you just enter into trance and repeat that you're going to get taller? And how do you get into trance?

Offline strangerthings

• WordSushi
  • Sethie II
  • Be kind and gentle on yourself, but move forward.
    • A Private and Creative Environment for Individual Studying Inner Self
Quote from: BigOne
In any case, I would say it is a misinterpretation by me.

"You each have a body and you each have a consciousness. You can practice with these ideas by applying them to your body. For now we are taking into consideration the fact that, generally speaking, you are not going to make yourself five physical feet taller if you are a grown adult already, because there are certain physical laws with which you must contend.
In that context you can even appear taller, and affect others as if you were-which would usually be what you wanted in any case under the circumstances.""

I believe what he says here is that because of the physical laws of our society (the fact that most door ways are less than 7ft tall), you would not make yourself taller. In the context, you may make yourself appear taller, by a few inches, and that would give you the confidence or effect of what feeling five feet taller would essentially give you. Perhaps he is saying that you do not need to be 5 feet taller and would not fit into society, and as such you can appear taller by being even a few inches taller. So essentially that you need only be a few inches taller to accomplish the feeling of what you want, and so you would not make yourself 5 feet taller.

Wow! I remember when first reading Seth Speaks. Isn't it just the greatest feeling? Thank you for the reminder in how I felt and still feel!

I really connected to what you are saying here. Yes! Mindblowing is the perfect word! Hahahah I asked that question too! "why haven't we all learned this from the get go?" Heck we all did probably. (didnt we guys and gals ?)

Welcome to the forum! I can feel your excitement! (truly not kidding here)

When says Seth "you are a grown adult already" I take this to mean we have all agreed that we do not grow more once we reach a certain age. We can get fatter, thinner, ill, healthy, which are physcial appearances based off of how we treat the body and our mind and our hearts, but to grow a limb my consensus is much like the others you have had here.

But I will add to this, that there are people who eat nothing but "health" food and die when they are 30. There are people who smoke cigs all their life and live to be 102. Now if you have a strong enough will, and you really really really feel you are growing a whole foot, and you imagine it, and see it, and really feel it to be so, I think you would grow a foot taller.

Our physical principals are based on first: The individuated core beliefs.
And second, what we are humans agree is a table so-to-speak.

But my experience is that just because all of them out there believe this one thing does not make it so in my world. However, growing a limb where there was not a limb, I believe he explains further in that book and in Seth Speaks and other books you will soon read, that there is a reason for this, something you came to Earth to experience, and that would be your experience - period. Something you came here to learn from and get a certain perspective that would expand you way more than if you had come to Earth with both arms or both legs. We are the alchemist and the architect of our lives. So whomever is missing limb, knows best as to why they are here. And as well in saying that they could be miserable or quite happy with their life and because of this, may or may not repeat this particular endeavor with other incarnations.

Did that make sense?

I think you also answered your own question with the second paragraph you typed as I would think that would be more closer to match your beliefs than mine. You know best for you.

I have thought weight off and lost over 20 pounds as an experiment. Where in earlier years (pre Seth) I was doing Tae-Bo and dropped to a size 6. I really enjoyed thinking my weight off! *lol* But I had to redirect all of my internal talking and believe different things about myself in order for that to occur. Then when I cared not for the experiment any longer, I gained more than half of that weight back *lol* dammit no really I didnt care anymore about this kind of thing but I was highly impressed with my results.

When you are "feeling" different it will express itself outwards and others pick this up and match your thoughts. It is like I say this is a table in my house and when others come to visit they too see my table. Albeit a different perspective of it, but its the table we all agree to. It is the "new beautiful way you look" that will be agreed to. If I represent to the world, how I feel, they pick up on that.

Also, if you just want to FEEL taller, then do that. But if you really want to do it because you think you are too short, I think one will find themself in a quandry.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 11:52:59 AM by strangerthings »
“I form the light, and I create darkness; I make the weal, and I create the woe. I am the Lord who do all these things.” ~ Your I AMness

Offline strangerthings

• WordSushi
  • Sethie II
Quote from: Renato
Hello.
Can you explain how do you practice the Natural Hypnosis technique? I never fully understood how to do it just by reading Seth's explanations on it. Do you just enter into trance and repeat that you're going to get taller? And how do you get into trance?

You hypnotize yourself everyday at every turn with the sheer might of the words INSIDE your mind that you speak. Those inner voices. There will be some you did not even know were talking/whispering and when you catch those..... boy oh boy !

But for example with what your actual question is:
I will repeat to myself before I go to sleep "I am awake" over and over and when I sleep and then dream I will experience something most profound! My feeling and focus is only on those three words. If I am distracted, I redirect my attention back to those three words.

Your inner talking is your Natural State of Hypnosis.

Nature of Personal Reality
Session 319
The physical constitution of the body follows your beliefs, and so all of its sense data will faithfully mirror the beliefs that direct its activity. In certain terms hypnosis is simply an exercise in the alteration of beliefs, and only too clearly shows that sense experience follows expectations.
Session 325
accelerated learning takes place, when under hypnosis or otherwise a present individual is convinced that he or she is, for example, a great painter, or a linguist. The present belief activates "latent" abilities within each person.
Session 355
Hypnosis... is merely a state of concentrated attention, in which you focus upon beliefs. ...The only prerequisite is an intense concentration upon specific incoming data to the exclusion of everything else. Therefore the orders given are clear-cut, to the point. No conflicting information is received, no cross messages. 
Session 359 and 367 give the exercise
What should you do, then? First of all, you must realize that you are the hypnotist. You must seize the initiative here as you have in other positive aspects of your life. Whatever the superficial reasons for your beliefs, you must say:

"For a certain amount of time I will momentarily suspend what I believe in this area, and willfully accept the belief I want. I will pretend that I am under hypnosis, with myself as hypnotist and subject. For that time desire and belief will be one. There will be no conflict because I do this willingly. For this period I will completely alter my old beliefs. Even though I sit quietly, in my mind I will act as if the belief I want were mine completely."

...do not think of the future, but only of the present. ...If you are lonely, believe that you are filled with the feeling of companionship instead. Realize that you are exerting your initiative to imagine such situations. Here there can be no comparison with your normal situation. Use visual data, or words-whatever is most natural to you. ... no more than ten minutes is required.

If you do this faithfully, within a month you will find the new conditions materializing in your experience... The unconscious will be aroused, bringing its great powers to bear, bringing you the new results. Do not try to overdo this, to go through the entire day worrying about beliefs, for example. This can only cause you to contrast what you have with what you want. Forget the exercise when it is completed. You will find yourself with impulses that arrive in line with these newly inserted beliefs, and then it is up to you to act on these and not ignore them.

(repetitious actions) many physical symptoms... here also whole groups of recurring reactions to certain stimuli are involved. Behind them there is often the same kind of compulsion. In their own way symptoms frequently operate, actually, as repetitive neurological ritual, meant to protect the sufferer from something else that he fears even more.

Getting into the trance is a state akin to sleep. I find for me, it is easiest to do this when I am a little tired or I am going to sleep. If I am bright eyed and perky --- I just will not work for me because I rebel on being in a trance. But in saying that, we are mechanical until we are not, and when you brush your teeth, you are somewhat in a trance. But with this, with a trance for hypnosis I would suggest a state akin to sleep. You will get somewhat a drowsy feeling, the world around you will disappear in a sense, and the focus you get you will actually step outside of the physical time frame. You will step into an inbetween world so-to-speak.

Also, when you are working on the exercise Seth suggests for creating reality, when you step into the state you want for a few times a day for 3 - 5 minutes everyday, this is also a form of this hypnosis. My suggestion with this exercise is that you do not pretend you have or live in the desire, you own it, make it yours, and KNOW you are in that desire or have that desire. Be it know it. In the beginning it is totally perfect and okay to pretend. But you will reach a point this will not work anymore. So be it know it be it know be it know it.

Did that clarify it a little better?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 12:13:41 PM by strangerthings »
“I form the light, and I create darkness; I make the weal, and I create the woe. I am the Lord who do all these things.” ~ Your I AMness

Offline Renato

Quote from: strangerthings
Quote from: Renato
Hello.

[...]

Did that clarify it a little better?

Yes, it did! Thank you!

Offline BigOne

A quick question to my fellow Sethians. Doing the Natural Hypnosis exercise right before bed, I've been feeling this massive surge of energy. I think it's "the unconscious being aroused" as Seth would say. Anybody else feel this? Have only done it for two days now, but I'm getting excited at the thought of the results.

And I finally understand what Seth means by ignoring "reality" now. It's simply saying, "this isn't true, it is only a result of my old belief. What is true, is my new belief which is ...... " Keep on saying this until the new belief actually immerses itself into "reality".

Offline strangerthings

• WordSushi
  • Sethie II
@BigOne

Bingo! You hit that spot on.

There are many different feelings and sensations one could achieve by doing the NHT. Since I am not you I have no clue what you are really and truly experiencing however I  can say that I have had great surges of energy doing different things including NHT. What they mean to you however is entirely personal and private and probably mean something different to you than they would for me. Know what I mean? But you are definitely gettin the vibe. Yep!

It is my understand and experience that the old self must let go in order for the new self to live in its place. You can not put new wine into an old container. It will spoil.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
The opposite of black:
Twelve divided by two (word):