Author Topic: TRANSLATE!  (Read 195 times)

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
I've just added Google Translate to the forum. You'll see "Select Language" below LIKE us on Facebook in the upper right corner. If you use it, please let me know if it's worthwhile and working properly.

If you want to return to English, there should be a "Show original" link at the very top of your browser page.

Offline Sena

• Sethie III
Re: TRANSLATE!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 07:20:10 AM »
  • Quote Entire Post (or highlight some text for a PARTIAL quote)
  • Thanks, Deb. This is what your post looks like in Sinhala (Sri Lanka):

"මම හුදෙක් සංසදය සඳහා Google පරිවර්තනය එකතු කරලා තියනවා. ඔබ ඉහළ දකුණු කෙළවරේ ෆේස්බුක් අපි වගේ පහත "භාෂාව තෝරන්න" පෙනෙනු ඇත. ඔබ එය භාවිතා කරන්නේ නම්, එය වටිනා දෙයක් නම් මට ඉඩ දෙන්න සහ නිසි ලෙස වැඩ කරන්න.

ඔබ ඉංග්රීසි වෙත ආපසු යාමට අවශ්ය නම්, ඔබේ බ්රවුසරයේ පිටුවේ ඉතා ඉහල මට්ටමේ දී එය "පෙන්වන්න මුල්" සබැඳිය කිරීමට හැකි විය යුතුය."

Nataly

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 10:52:41 AM »
  • Quote from: Deb
    I've just added Google Translate to the forum. You'll see "Select Language" below LIKE us on Facebook in the upper right corner. If you use it, please let me know if it's worthwhile and working properly.

In Russian translates well. Thank you!

"Я просто добавил Google Перевести на форуме. Вы увидите «Select Language» ниже как мы на Facebook в верхнем правом углу. Если вы используете его, пожалуйста , дайте мне знать , если это целесообразно и работает правильно.

Если вы хотите , чтобы вернуться на английском языке, должен быть «Показать оригинал» ссылка на самой верхней части страницы браузера".

You can also click on the "Google Translate" and translate complex pieces by hand.

Quote from: Deb
    If you want to return to English, there should be a "Show original" link at the very top of your browser page.

To return to English, I can also choose English in the "Select Language".

Now Seth can be read in all languages!
    « Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 11:19:37 AM by Nataly »

Offline Deb

• Administrator
    • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
      • Like us on Facebook!
    « Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 08:47:20 AM »
  • Quote from: Sena
    This is what your post looks like in Sinhala (Sri Lanka):

Thanks Sena, I'd never seen Sinhala before, or even heard of it. It's beautiful! It looks like it would be slow to write, lots of detail. I was inspired to look it up on the Wiki to get the history on it.

Quote from: Nataly
    To return to English, I can also choose English in the "Select Language".

Thanks for testing it out Nataly! I don't have the option to choose English in Select Language. When I generated the link on Google it asked what the default language for the forum is (I was forced to answer the question, could not leave it blank), it left that option out of the drop down menu. Or, it could automatically detect the default language of my browser. Google is Big Brother. It's good to know the option is there for other language speakers.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
    Name: Email:
    Verification:
    Type the letters shown in the picture
    Listen to the letters / Request another image
    Type the letters shown in the picture:
    The opposite of black:
    Twelve divided by two (word):