The mother-goddess concept, Christ, and the human brain

Started by Sena, October 29, 2017, 12:05:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

The Seth teachings are not purely "spiritual" as he places a lot of emphasis on the human brain. The Unknown Reality Volume 1 has 34 references to the brain. Seth states that the brain is changing (evolving), but in what direction is it changing?

• "Portions of the brain not used lie latent, waiting for the recognition that will trigger them into activity (intently). When this happens, the mind will become aware of the rich bed of probabilities upon which the ego now rides so blindly."

• "A few great men have glimpsed those abilities, comma, and their love of the race and their integrity had caused them to trigger the unused portions of the brain. In their way they sensed the great probable future and its ramifications."

—The Unknown Reality Volume 1 Section 1: Session 687 March 4, 1974

"I am telling you that so-called evolution and religion are closely connected. Further developments in your concepts will lead to greater activation in portions of the brain now not nearly utilized, and these in turn will trigger expansions in both psychic and biological terms."
—The Unknown Reality Volume 1 Section 2: Session 690 March 21, 1974

• "The male-female tendencies at that time became psychically alienated from each other.* The differences were exaggerated. The ancient mother-goddess concept became "unconscious"; the male, purposely forgetting the great natural aggressive thrust of birth, took physical aggression and force as his prerogative — for this came to represent the quality of ego consciousness in its need to physically manipulate its environment."

"The male aspects of Christ were the ones that Western civilization emphasized. Other portions of his teachings did not follow the main line of Christian thought, and were buried."
• "The church ignored Christ's physical birth, for example, and made his mother an immaculate virgin, which meant that the consciousness of the species would for a longer time ignore its relationship with nature and its feminine aspects. I am speaking now of mainline Western civilization. God the Father would be recognized and the Earth Goddess forgotten. There would be feudal lords, therefore, not seeresses."

—The Unknown Reality, Volume 1 Section 2: Session 690 March 21, 1974

"Your Christ figure represents, symbolically, your idea of God and his relationships. There were three separate individuals whose history blended, and they became known collectively as Christ — hence many discrepancies in your records. These were all males because at that time of your development, you would not have accepted a female counterpart."
—Seth Speaks Chapter 14: Session 560, November 23, 1970

Although a female Christ could not have been accepted 2000 years ago, the present situation is that human culture as well as the human brain are changing so that a female Christ could be accepted.

(Quotes thanks to the Seth Search Engine)

Sena

St, thanks for your lengthy reply.
"To me the brain is just a device. Well its more than a device but for the purpose of ...'communication'?

From <https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=1222.0;topicseen>

I have studied some neurophysiology, but how the brain works is a total mystery. The brain is often compared to a computer, but a computer has a microprocessor at the center, something which the brain does not have.

The brain is of course contained within the skull. The crucifixion of Christ is said to have taken place at Golgotha, "the place of the skull".

• Mark: And they brought him to the place called Gol'gotha (which means the place of a skull).[6]
• Matthew: And when they came to a place called Gol'gotha (which means the place of a skull).[7]

From <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvary>

Your quote from Seth session 115 rings true:

"The Crucifixion was one of the gigantic realities that transformed and enriched both the universe of dreams and the universe of matter, and it originated in the universe of dreams."
This makes a lot more sense than the Christian idea that it was the sins of humanity which necessitated the Crucifixion and that it was a physical event.

"I want to add one more thing to this above, I had a dream that I was invited to enter this large building I had been constructing that was ready for me to enter, and I entered it bare foot. Everyone was barefoot. I had to look that up and I was really amazed to see that physically this is a concept that so many follow. Yes, it is also in the bible. But I did not do this physically, I did this Spiritually in the dream universe."

From <https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=1222.0;topicseen>

It is compulsory to remove one's footwear before entering a Buddhist temple in Sri Lanka. Many Buddhist temples are shaped like a skull:

"In my dreams, I teach about Christ but I teach about the feminine side being equally important to its counterpart the male aspect of Christ. In my dreams I never focus on one or the other as being better or what the people I am talking to should focus on.

I travel city to city talking about the Christess LOL and Christ."

That makes sense to me.

Sena

Something on the esoteric meaning of the Cross:

"And when we say: 'And of the Holy Spirit', touching our right and left breast respectively, we activate these spiritual sensoria within us which manifest as the creative and vitalizing power of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Finally, when we say: "Amen' and join our hands together, mentally affirming the presence of the Triune God within us, we actually close the spiritual currents within the periphery of our spiritual body in order to maintain this awakening to spiritual awareness as long as possible."

https://www.alchemylab.com/AJ2-2.htm#Hermetic Meaning of the Sign of the Cross

Deb

Quote from: Sena
esoteric meaning of the Cross

Beautiful. Much more meaningful to me than the generally accepted explanation (or non explanation) for the sign of the cross.

Being raised Catholic, now I have to wonder what the constantly rotation of kneeling and standing and sitting were about in church, other than to keep the parishioners awake during an hour of mass in Latin. It's been decades since I've been in church, but I bet I can still genuflect and cross myself with the best of them.

Sena

Quote from: Deb
Being raised Catholic
Deb, that is something that you, me, and Jane Roberts have in common. Devout Christians speak highly of the Mel Gibson movie "The Passion of the Christ", but i have no inclination to watch that.

Joelr

Quote from: Sena

—The Unknown Reality, Volume 1 Section 2: Session 690 March 21, 1974

"Your Christ figure represents, symbolically, your idea of God and his relationships. There were three separate individuals whose history blended, and they became known collectively as Christ — hence many discrepancies in your records. These were all males because at that time of your development, you would not have accepted a female counterpart."
—Seth Speaks Chapter 14: Session 560, November 23, 1970

Although a female Christ could not have been accepted 2000 years ago, the present situation is that human culture as well as the human brain are changing so that a female Christ could be accepted.

(Quotes thanks to the Seth Search Engine)

Wait what?
There were female Christs 2000 years ago? The first known dying and rising savior god was Inanna, a female deity. She had a huge following.

Sena

Quote from: Joelr
The first known dying and rising savior god was Inanna, a female deity.
And Isis.

Deb

Quote from: Seth
These were all males because at that time of your development, you would not have accepted a female counterpart."

Not all societies were patriarchal. Especially early on. There's a big disconnect from the time of Inanna (love the Sumeria connection) or Isis and what is depicted of society in the bible. One god, and he was a he. Who knows what the 'original' bible said, it's been so distorted, if there even is such as thing. For me, every religion is based on myths and tradition.

Loved the YouTube. Plagiarism indeed, lol. And the Jesus history=Horus et al. history... well, 'nuff said.

About 20 years ago I moved into a neighborhood that turned out to be predominantly christian fundamentalists. I didn't see that coming, but in retrospect it was a good thing because it compelled me to finally study religion a bit. I'd never taken to religion and wanted to know why—what was I not 'getting' that so many others did. In my research, especially with respect to the New Testament, I turned up more evidence to discount than support the information. Holidays, dates, traditions, symbols, imagery adopted from other societies (Pagans, Egyptians, Greeks) and barely disguised; mistakes in translation from the Aramaic version of the 'bible' to Greek, from Greek to Roman; symbolism being taken as literal facts, and so on. It was enough for me to embrace my lack of interest.

Joelr

Quote from: Deb
Quote from: Seth
These were all males because at that time of your development, you would not have accepted a female counterpart."

Not all societies were patriarchal. Especially early on. There's a big disconnect from the time of Inanna (love the Sumeria connection) or Isis and what is depicted of society in the bible. One god, and he was a he. Who knows what the 'original' bible said, it's been so distorted, if there even is such as thing. For me, every religion is based on myths and tradition.

Loved the YouTube. Plagiarism indeed, lol. And the Jesus history=Horus et al. history... well, 'nuff said.

About 20 years ago I moved into a neighborhood that turned out to be predominantly christian fundamentalists. I didn't see that coming, but in retrospect it was a good thing because it compelled me to finally study religion a bit. I'd never taken to religion and wanted to know why—what was I not 'getting' that so many others did. In my research, especially with respect to the New Testament, I turned up more evidence to discount than support the information. Holidays, dates, traditions, symbols, imagery adopted from other societies (Pagans, Egyptians, Greeks) and barely disguised; mistakes in translation from the Aramaic version of the 'bible' to Greek, from Greek to Roman; symbolism being taken as literal facts, and so on. It was enough for me to embrace my lack of interest.

Inscriptions from around 8 B.C. have been found that say ""Blessings by Yahweh and his Asherah."

Ashera was a female goddess who was likely part of very early Judaism. Judaism didn't become monotheistic until sometime around the Babylonian Exile.
Judaism would have us believe it always worshiped one god but biblical archeologists are certain that is not the case.