Author Topic: NEW Jane Roberts book: A Little Book to Leonard  (Read 29 times)

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
This just came up for sale on Amazon yesterday, A Little Book to Leonard. Back in '79 Jane and Rob's neighbor Leonard (he was mentioned in the books) had tripe bypass surgery. Jane made a book for him in a sketch pad, containing some poems she wrote and decorated for him, and also taped in some of her original artwork/paintings. Mary Dillman came across the book and decided to print it as it would make a great collector's item. We worked on the book for months (I'm a graphic designer, I set up the layout for printing the book), chose just the right papers, got creative with a few things and the book turned out as beautifully as we had imagined. During the process, a hidden surprise surfaced in the original book, so we added one more page in order to share the surprise.

These reproductions of Jane's original book feel like the real thing, the printer did an amazing job and the papers make the book feel like an original and not a printed piece. I would highly recommend buying this book for yourself or as a gift. Because of the type of paper used for the cover, every one has a slightly different ink coverage, making each book an original—no two are exactly alike!

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 09:06:40 AM by Deb »

Offline LenKop

• Sethie II
I read the title before I read your text and thought you found a book specifically addressed to me....lol

I placed my order,i just have to have it.

Thx

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
Quote from: LenKop
I read the title before I read your text and thought you found a book specifically addressed to me....lol

Ha ha, that IS funny.

I'm thrilled that you ordered one. I really want this to be a success, I think a good part of the proceeds go to the Seth Research Project and the book really is very cool. Very much a replication of the original. Mary keeps turning up Seth/Jane gems that have never been seen or heard before. I have to say, they (Mary Dillman/Rich Kendall) sent Jane's original book to me for photographing, and I was absolutely thrilled to be able to hold, in my hands, something created by Jane. Wow.

AND, I just thought about this today: I have personally handled every printed book. I had them printed here in Denver, had to mail them to Mary in Connecticut. Wanting to make sure they were shipped with no damage from the gorillas employed by our postal service, I put each book into an air bubble sleeve. So in a way... from my hands to yours. How cool is THAT?

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
The opposite of black:
Twelve divided by two (word):