Seth values diversity

Started by Sena, November 19, 2017, 09:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

Seth refers to diversity in several of the books. This is in contrast to Christianity, which expects everyone to conform to a set of "commandments".

"Your species as a species includes the idiot and the genius, the stupid and the wise, the athletic, the deformed, the beautiful and the ugly, and all variations in between. There are genetic cultures operating, then, of literally infinite variety, and they each have their place and their reason, and they each fit into the overall picture—not only of man's reality but of the planet's reality, including all of nature.
Your religious ideas have often told you that deformities at birth were the result of the parents' sins cast upon the children, or that another kind of punishment was involved in terms of "karma." In terms of biology, people talk about coming from good stock or bad stock, and even those designations imply moral judgments.
The entire idea of reincarnation has been highly distorted by other religious concepts. It is not a psychological arena composed of crime and punishment. Again, you have free will in the conditions of your life, given the characteristics that are your own. The great facility and adaptability of the human species are dependent upon an amazing interplay between genetic preciseness and genetic freedom. The very characteristic attributes of the species, its dependability and integrity, are dependent upon constant checks and balances, the existence of divergent characteristics against which the species can measure itself...

(Dreams, Evolution, and Value Fulfillment, Volume 2)

From <http://www.gestaltreality.com/2013/12/28/reincarnation-explained-the-idiot-the-genius-and-why-suffering-is-chosen-as-an-experience/>

• "This primary energy gestalt may be thought of as straddling all realities, or existing in the infinite realities of which we have spoken. Yet in this prime gestalt that is unitary, there is again an infinite diversity and literally numberless personalities. Nor are these personalities that compose the prime psychic gestalt dependent or submissive to any one dominating personality within the gestalt."

• "This material will take some studying. You will perhaps recognize a certain similarity between this concept and the Christian concept of a Trinity, except that the Trinity concept, while hinting at diversity within prime unity, was nevertheless distorted by man's own sense of his own adopted and unfortunate delusion of duality."

—The Early Sessions, Volume 3 Session 96 October 12, 1964

"It is vitally important that you realize the great psychological diversity that is present within your psychological behavior—and those varieties of psychological experience are necessary. They give you vital psychological feedback, and they exercise the reaches of your abilities in ways that are overall most advantageous."
—Dreams Evolution and Value Fulfillment, Volume 2 Chapter 8: Session 917, May 21, 1980

The above quotes suggest that Seth was not strictly monotheistic. "Yet in this prime gestalt (All That Is) that is unitary, there is again an infinite diversity and literally numberless personalities."

transient amnesia

LenKop

Greta post, Sena.

I think the Trinity idea is particularly pertinent to much of Christian society who secretly ask themselves how God can be the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit at the same time, then, without a satisfactory answer, get back to watching the screen.

I think many people simply can't contemplate the 'great psychological diversity' of the Primary gestalt, even conceptually. I think that most people can't surrender to the idea that they're part of something bigger that is not only allowing, and enjoying, but is yearning for further diversity within the creative process.

"Thoughts of such magnificent vigor began to think their own thoughts-and their thoughts thought thoughts. As if in divine astonishment and surprise, All That Is began to listen, and began to respond to these generations of thoughts and dreams, for the thoughts and dreams related to each other also."
Dreams, Evolution and Value Fulfillment, Volume 1

'Generations of thoughts'....I love it!

Len

Joelr

Quote from: Sena
Seth refers to diversity in several of the books. This is in contrast to Christianity, which expects everyone to conform to a set of "commandments".

Seth does put forth a commandment actually. It's only one but it's still a commandment. It's not his law obviously but he states there is a natural law about killing.

Deb

Quote from: Joelr
he states there is a natural law about killing.

That would make an excellent new topic, Seth on Killing. It's interesting to me because we know that while a physical body will perish, the unique personality continues on. So it's more the intention behind wanting to kill that's destructive—a violation, intention to cause harm to another. "The idea of killing is what is at fault." As Rob said, "... it is wrong to kill on our plane when we do consider it an end." TES4 Session 182

transient amnesia

Deb

Quote from: transient amnesia
And don't say "CLOWNS"!

OK, then, IT! Bwaaa haa haa.

I'll try to start it tomorrow (I work tomorrow at the store). Killing people, killing (and eating) animals, animals killing animals, killing and eating elders, hating is killing, love your neighbor, self defense yes, there is no murder and no murderer, while killing and death are illusions as it comes to this:

"This does not mean I am saying kill, kill, kill. You do not understand the holy and sacred nature of life or energy and that you cannot misuse it. You may think you misuse it, but you are not allowed to misuse it. You are not allowed to destroy. While you live with these things you must deal with them and bear their consequences. If you kill, and believe that you kill, you will bear those consequences at this level of your development, but to think that you can destroy a consciousness would make the gods laugh. You cannot destroy one flower seed, much less a man."
—TECS2 ESP Class Session, December 29, 1970

Seth had a lot to say about killing. I think it's a hot pocket -- errrr --- hot topic.