Being stalked...

Started by Deb, March 24, 2015, 02:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

is a bad feeling, when the predator is fearless and self confident.

My cell phone photos turned out poorly, so I've borrowed this one. I cut my walk short, as he did not take his eyes off of me for a second. I've seen coyotes in the neighborhood before, but this is the first one that ever put his head down and started slowing walking straight towards me. I decided it was a sign that now is the not the right time for a walk.

A message from spirit? Or just a brazen hungry animal? I don't know. Last week I was circled by a hawk three times. Ah, springtime in the Rockies...

Deb

Well I ran into Wiley Coyote again. I went for a walk about 5:00 pm yesterday, the same open field. There was a person walking a large Labrador on the other side of the field from me. The  coyote was running away from them, looking over its shoulder, and we almost collided. The look on its face was mild surprise and almost a sense of "oh, it's you again!" No sense of predation in its demeanor this time. It's a beautiful and healthy animal and it may be time for me to research messages from nature.

Deb

My new friend and I crossed paths once again yesterday afternoon. If there's a message in these encounters that I'm not getting, I will continue to run into Wiley Coyote until I figure it out. He seems to recognize me now and no longer stalks me. On some level, we've agreed to co-exist peacefully and at a (short) distance.

Coyotes are NOT necessarily nocturnal. Maybe this one is on Seth's suggested sleep schedule.  ;)