Seth on beneficial natural environment, food, and painting the new house

Started by Marianna, December 05, 2017, 09:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marianna

In Book 2 of the Early sessions I came across some info that is useful in everyday life. Now - 40 years after the sessions a lot of people will tell you that you should not eat in front of a PC, that water and garden are good for you.
But this is Seth view of things - coming from a trusting source.

Here are the quotes:
"You mentioned painting the walls, and this is excellent. They should be covered in this manner, and this precaution should be taken generally whenever you change residence. You will find that many times people, not realizing these precautions, come up against unnecessary difficulties that could be avoided."
—TES2 Session 65 June 28, 1964

"I would strongly suggest a garden, in which both of you work. You will find a strong attachment to it, Joseph, as will Ruburt, and there is room. With the surrounding woodland, I see that a garden and a quiet lawn place to the side of the house is very good. You will find that a very small pond arrangement, of the artificial purchased sort, a basin arrangement where water drips through rocks, behind the glass windows in the rear, here with a very simple grouping of rocks and flowers, would serve you to great benefit: as a place of inner contemplation, in which the inner senses would greatly expand their reach.
In your time to come, if possible you would do well to live by an ocean or even a large lake. A river is the next best thing, as long as the land is not low. [...]"

"I would suggest, if you purchase the house, that you often take your meals in a dining room. The act of eating is psychically significant, and when possible should be treated as such. It is indeed a communion of sorts."

Sena

Quote from: Marianna
You will find that a very small pond arrangement, of the artificial purchased sort, a basin arrangement where water drips through rocks, behind the glass windows in the rear, here with a very simple grouping of rocks and flowers, would serve you to great benefit: as a place of inner contemplation, in which the inner senses would greatly expand their reach.
Marianna, thanks for highlighting these quotes. I find it interesting to contemplate the consciousness of the fish in our pond.

Deb

Really enjoyable advice from Seth! I find his comment about painting really interesting, calling it a "precaution" when changing residence. I had to look that session up, being curious why he feels walls should be "covered." His discussing the psychic attributes of the house on the hill and the land surrounding it are very interesting. And this: "The child who lived in the house until recently was somewhat disturbed, and had he lived there longer the house would not have remained psychically beneficial, but it is psychically beneficial now" and Seth's advice to get rid of any toys left behind tells me that the energy of objects is affected by people and other things.

These too:  "I am very concerned with the psychic elements of any home you are considering. The psychic influence there is safe. Again, high ground is beneficial, and a hilltop arrangement such as this, with its proximity to water, is quite unusual."

"If you purchase the house I will go through it again to insure that you have the most beneficial psychic atmosphere."

"The man who lived in the house did have a destructive and sometimes cruel tendency. Nevertheless he was basically creative, and despite uncontrolled and undisciplined energies, his basic creative inner sense added to the psychic atmosphere, but would have turned against him had he remained."

So, Seth seems to be saying material objects can contain the energy 'flavor' of the people that create them. Since things in our outer world are manifestations of our inner selves, that makes sense to. I wonder if this energy we impart to objects could also be considered fragments, or if it's something else? The covering of the walls then is maybe to make a home more "ours," to embed our own psychic energy, as in the case of a place that was originally created and occupied by someone else.

I also loved his comments about the garden and a pond of sorts. Communing with nature — this post would also fit in the new Naturally Nature board! I have both a garden and a pond, they're a great way of connecting with nature and earth energy. I'm also curious whether Seth's references to pond/river/ocean has to do with creating negative ions, which came up here not too long ago. I feel my absolute best when I'm on an ocean beach.

Marianna

Quote from: Deb
"The child who lived in the house until recently was somewhat disturbed, and had he lived there longer the house would not have remained psychically beneficial,

I also loved his comments about the garden and a pond of sorts. Communing with nature — this post would also fit in the new Naturally Nature board! I have both a garden and a pond, they're a great way of connecting with nature and earth energy. I'm also curious whether Seth's references to pond/river/ocean has to do with creating negative ions, which came up here not too long ago. I feel my absolute best when I'm on an ocean beach.

On reading this, I wondered if our condo's 'atmosphere' was beneficial. Before, here lived a chain smoker, a guy who got virtually broke. We have wallpaper almost everywhere and only recently I thought looking around - at furniture,  pictures and photos on the walls "Now this place is saturated with love and has our 'stamp' on it".

Even before reading Seth opinion on beneficial environment, maybe 3 years ago I started picturing my 'dream house'. It was on a hill, with great view of green hills and a river. The kitchen with french windows was looking onto a garden with a small lawn (with tables and chairs in summer), flowers, and trees on one side. :)

I am sorry is the post is in the wrong section - it was difficult to find a place for it.

Deb

Quote from: Marianna
only recently I thought looking around - at furniture,  pictures and photos on the walls "Now this place is saturated with love and has our 'stamp' on it".

Brilliant, I think that's all you need! Your dream house sounds a lot like the hill house of Jane and Rob.

Do not worry about the post placement, it's easy enough to move but I feel you picked the right place for it. :)