How Creating REALLY Works

Started by Deb, December 02, 2017, 06:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

Thanks to Lynda on Facebook, I thought this was a marvelously clear explanation of how we affect our reality. I added the bold, of course, to emphasize the key points. This would be a really great exercise to play with.

"You create your physical image and your world. If anything in that physical image or world needs changing, the change must first be made in the atmosphere of the inner self. For this projection of inner into outer is automatic. Understanding the processes involved is of great benefit.

"The physical self SEEMS to react to physical stimuli. Actually, of course, it is reacting to its own reality, projected outward. The objects in the physical universe are but symbols to express other realities existing within private realms. The inner will always be projected outward within your system.

"If, for example, a letter comes to you bearing good news, and you react to the letter with high spirits, then you should understand that the high spirits existed first, and created the materialization of the letter within the physical systems, through the multilayered and complicated reactions that bind together the physical system.

"If an annoying letter arrives and you react to it negatively, the negative quality preceded the letter and caused it to materialize in your system. Now you do not force someone to write such a letter, you see. You broadcast the negative feelings, which were then picked up by whomever was ready to receive them, for their own purposes.

"I cannot emphasize too strongly that this is automatic."

The Early Sessions, Book 8, Session 334
(originally underlined word in caps)

Sena

Quote from: Deb
The physical self SEEMS to react to physical stimuli. Actually, of course, it is reacting to its own reality, projected outward.
Stephen Hawking developed the extremely disabling motor neurone disease at the age of 21. His beliefs are totally materialstic:
"The belief that heaven or an afterlife awaits us is a "fairy story" for people afraid of death, Stephen Hawking has said.
In a dismissal that underlines his firm rejection of religious comforts, Britain's most eminent scientist said there was nothing beyond the moment when the brain flickers for the final time."
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2011/may/15/stephen-hawking-interview-there-is-no-heaven

"Stephen Hawking is a materialist and demonstrates his commitment to this position in his recent book The Grand Design: 
"Recent experiments in neuroscience support the view that it is our physical brain, following the known laws of science, that determines our actions, and not some agency that exists outside those laws... It is hard to imagine how free will can operate if our behaviour is determined by physical law, so it seems that we are no more than biological machines and that free will is just an illusion."
http://shamelesspopery.com/the-single-best-argument-against-philosophical-materialism/

His beliefs may give us a clue as to how he created his own reality.

Deb

Ah yes, Stephen Hawking. I read his Brief History book years ago. Have you seen the movie, The Theory of Everything? It was really good, the actor that portrayed him did an amazing job representing the progress of the disease. The movie was a wonderful, romanticized version of his life. I found it amazing that as debilitated as he was, he still managed to cheat on his wife.

But yes, in reality he is a materialist and his overall view on death and spirituality are bleak. He's a scientist all the way, a Newtonian, with a brilliant but closed mind.

Quote from: Sena
His beliefs may give us a clue as to how he created his own reality.

I have to wonder where his beliefs came from -- and what he set himself up to learn in this existence. He has a big surprise ahead of him.

BTW, he was given 2 years to live after his diagnosis of ALS in college. He's 75 now. So he has that to his credit.