Beliefs that can cause blindness?

Started by Deb, December 29, 2017, 09:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

Seth has changed the way I look at everything. And then there are Joe Dispenza and Bruce Lipton, forever teaching that we control our genes (resulting from our perceptions, which are based on our beliefs) and our genes do not control us. For a clearer explanation of this line of thought, you'll have to read books written by either of them. The most comprehensive so far in my opinion is Joe Dispenza's "You are the Placebo."

I have a friend that I've known for about 30 years. She started losing her eyesight 20 years ago, gradually, due to an inherited genetic disorder called Retinitis Pigmentosa. She has one older brother that has the same problem, her other siblings do not. No history with parents or grandparents. She is, at this point, completely blind. Also losing her hearing. And now she is becoming very forgetful, having trouble remembering words, things she is told, and her comprehension has always been impaired. She is in her mid 50s and constantly prefacing what she says by "now that we are old..."

We had lunch today and she told me she'd had two genetic tests to see if she carries the genetic mutation for RP. It turns out she does not. She has been told that for the most part there is no viable reason for her having the disease.

I just can't help but view this from a Sethian perspective and wonder what beliefs she "inherited" that caused her blindness, and if the condition could be reversed. She is not open to Seth, was raised Catholic and can't break out of that mold. As vision is something that is a huge priority for me, I really want to be able to help her but feel I can't.

Joe Dispenza talks about, I think, hysterical blindness in Asian women who witnessed killing and torture of family members in, possibly, Viet Nam. Sorry I don't remember the details. But it makes me wonder about the root of my friend's problem. Her life, from what she has described, has been without trauma.

I wish I could help her.

Sena

Quote from: Deb
We had lunch today and she told me she'd had two genetic tests to see if she carries the genetic mutation for RP. It turns out she does not. She has been told that for the most part there is no viable reason for her having the disease.
This is remarkable. Deb, thanks for sharing this.
Although you state that your friend's life was "without trauma", do you think she was living life to the full prior to the onset of her illness?

Deb

Quote from: Sena
do you think she was living life to the full prior to the onset of her illness?

She seemed contented with her life, I don't feel she had many expectations. She's what I consider a Midwest country girl, grew up in a small town, raised Catholic, no more than to be a wife and mother. She seems to believe, without question, things she is told by people of "authority." Her brother was diagnosed years before she was, maybe a doctor told her she had a chance of developing the condition and she believed him. I do remember her telling me that when had lost the majority of her vision, she didn't want to learn braille because her doctor told her she was too old to learn something new. She had to have only been in her 40s at the time. She also seems to be preoccupied with getting old the past couple of years, begins a lot of her sentences with "now that we're getting older" or "now that we're older." So, maybe a lot of what is happening to her is due to her beliefs around age. This has been really hard for her, there's probably some depression involved too.

transient amnesia

Deb

Bored? Well then start an exciting new topic!

How about whether Jesus was a real, living person? I'm still not completely clear on what the final consensus is with Seth on that one.

Oh, wait, I think I found the answer.

transient amnesia

Sena

raised Catholic
That's where the false beliefs came from.
"And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."
http://biblehub.com/matthew/18-9.htm

Sena

How about whether Jesus was a real, living person?
Earl Doherty wrote a book of 800 pages arguing that Jesus never existed in physical reality.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Doherty

Doherty's argument in a nutshell is here:

http://jesuspuzzle.org/jhcjp.htm

Neo

Quote from: Sena
raised Catholic
That's where the false beliefs came from.
"And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."
http://biblehub.com/matthew/18-9.htm

Oh wow, this was in the bible? Didn't remember hearing that before.
I believe most who are devout Christians would have non-beneficials beliefs coming from the religion. Christianity as it is now is a rather toxic religion, at least in my opinion. Anything that makes you believe in your own unworthiness or sinfulness is not very beneficial for anyone's health. It is interesting though that yet Christianity is such a huge religion and seems to attract people. I wonder how the world would be different if as many people were following Seth concepts for example. (Though following might be the wrong word.. I don't think any senseless following is good for anyone. But an open mind, on the other hand..)

Anyway, it is really interesting that she doesn't seem to have the genetic predisposition for this disease. Would it even be possible to have such a disease without the genes that cause it? Her brother having the same disease would seem to indicate that there is some genetics involved here.. though of course it could just be that both of them were raised with beliefs that caused this disease. Was it in her 20s that she started to have the first signs of this, or did it start to happen earlier?

LarryH

The more familiar to most version of that quote (from the King James Bible): "And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire."

A rather unfortunate and bizarre quote attributed to Jesus. Bad news for biblical literalists. I wonder if Jefferson kept it in the Jeffersonian Bible?

transient amnesia

Deb

Quote from: transient amnesia
but, don't you think Caesar was Jesus? 

Wow, that was great, I really enjoyed it and it makes perfect sense to me. Thanks for the link, I watched the whole thing. Kind of gives fresh meaning to "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" John 8:32. It's mind boggling to me what the bible and the story of Jesus turned into, stronger than ever over the years. One thing that stood out in my mind was how 'Jesus' prophesied the coming of the "son of man" (second coming assumed by Christians, but in reality setting the stage for Flavius) within the lifetime of the audience — it reminded me of Seth's comments about the return of the Christ personality. I wonder how many people at the time could actually read, creating a need for churches and lots of preaching. Also enjoyed the parallels and the comments on how it takes special knowledge to understand the writings of those days (knowledge of typology, the Roman heavy use of allegory).

It's going to take a little while for me to get through the jesuspuzzle.org page, that's one big nutshell, but again great information, thank you.

So going back to my original musings, I wonder why the mixed signals from Seth. It must have been Jane's early training as so far it's the only thing I've read from Seth where he contradicts itself. Again he said not to make his words into dogma, but I'm always wanting to 'check my premises' (Atlas Shrugged, If you seem to be confronting a contradiction, then at least one of your relevant beliefs is false...). Shudder.

Quote from: Neo
Would it even be possible to have such a disease without the genes that cause it? Her brother having the same disease would seem to indicate that there is some genetics involved here.. though of course it could just be that both of them were raised with beliefs that caused this disease. Was it in her 20s that she started to have the first signs of this, or did it start to happen earlier?

Good questions. Current beliefs of the medical world is that there are some genetic 'defects' or mutations that we inherit through bloodlines. But then if you listen to Bruce Lipton (cellular biologist and researcher), he says WE turn our own genes on and off due to chemical signals sent from our brain, which are based on our perceptions (which come from our beliefs). Epigenetics. Less than 5% of people are born with defective genes. There's been a bit of research done on this. My friend's brother has not had the genetic testing done, and as far as she knows no one in the family has ever had this condition. And yes, it's an autoimmune disease, her body is attacking itself. So there's science telling us that we inherit our genes and so are victims of genetic roulette and there are new researchers and doctors saying we are only victims of our beliefs, which is what Seth has been telling us for 40 years or so. Being able to change our beliefs is more promising.

My friend started losing her vision right after she gave birth to her second child, she was in her mid 30s I think. I remember her telling me she felt the pregnancy caused her condition, the extra stress on her body. BTW the FDA just approved gene therapy that might reverse her condition, had she carried the genetic mutation. It could cost $1 million for the treatment. Do you suppose insurance will pay for that, lol?   

Quote from: Jesus
And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out

That's the one I'm familiar with. I wonder how many people have taken THAT piece of advice literally.

Happy New Year everyone! And I loved the warning label.

transient amnesia

Sena

Quote from: LarryH
A rather unfortunate and bizarre quote attributed to Jesus.
If we assume that Jesus existed we must also assume that he said it. There is not much evidence that, if he existed, he was a nice person. The doctrine of everlasting hell was not there in the Old Testament.

Sena

Quote from: Neo
It is interesting though that yet Christianity is such a huge religion and seems to attract people.
The Christian Church discovered the secrets of commercial success. If you convince people that they can belong to a select group of fortunate people (card carriers) while the rest will have an unpleasant future, you can get plenty of recruits.

Sena

The truth is 'I don't care' ... to me it's all about 'energy' at the end of a 74,000. year cycle the "Christ Energy" returns to the positive. 
TA, that's a good interpretation of Seth's teaching on Christ.

transient amnesia

myststars

https://www.bookdepository.com/Jesus-My-Autobiography-Tina-Louise-Spalding/9781622330300

This is a book from the author of Course of Miracles...She channel jesus for some time.The book have much history from Jesus himself.If you trust the channeling you may find the answers you are seeking in this book.Also on Louise Tina Spalding youtube channel.According to this latest Christmas channeling he did existed in flesh 2000 years in the past.I lost interest with finding proof from society/scietific community because as with the subject of aliens this "jesus" subject is controversial also.Imo church let the confusion be/exist for it's own agenda.All sorts of persons come forward (not channelers) with all sorts of theories.
For me course of miracles resonated with me and also Louise material.

Also regarding Deb topic with eyes i begun to read Mass Events by seth and after reading 50 pages i got a revelation...
The thirst for life, for living, for being is critical if you have diseases or not.
So in the next moment i was iluminated and i asked myself a simple question ... Do i want to die or to live ?
The answer i was to live so i would fiound a free without any other book to increase to motivation to live.Not by buying a car, or a new object just by thinking that if the answer is to live i want go as faar as i can to increase my motivation for living.This without buying anything, without having milion dollars or plans or anything.If one wants to live but staying mentaly in the lower energy is almost guaranteed of sickness or something else to destroy yourself.I talk from my own experience of wanting to die and depression and hatred etc...I have no reason anymore to stay in lower frequency if my answer is "Yes" to the wanting to live.

Sena

mystars, thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Deb

Thanks for your input myststars.

I've been thinking about this topic all day. Since I'm not a Christian and not religious in any way, I realize I really don't care whether Jesus was a person or a myth within a world history of myths. What I do care about is Seth contradicting himself, because of my emotional investment in the Seth materials: for the first time in my life I'd found explanations about reality that actually felt right for me. So I hate to have my bubble burst. In the spirit of Seth, I also have to consider that since we each make our own reality, there are a multitude realities where Jesus was a real person, others he was not, and maybe that's where the discrepancies come to play. I guess I'd also need to look at the context of each of Seth's related quotes to see if he was giving more 'personal' information at the time. Or maybe I just put that focus on the back burner and move on other stuff. :)

Quote from: myststars
The thirst for life, for living, for being is critical if you have diseases or not.

Yes, that sounds very right.

Dolores Cannon had a really nice way of explaining disease, how we are meant to be healthy if we don't get in our way, why people get sick. Transient Amnesia put up a YouTube of Dolores, I really enjoyed her and her way of conveying information. Then I looked up the books she's written and two of them had to do with Jesus, who was, what he was like, etc. and that bothered me. But again, I have to keep in mind that we all have our own realities...

It is possible that your friend (in a past life) had some horrendous christian influence.  Maybe, with the belief of gouging and poking eyes out. 

True. Or she chose this challenge pre-birth, as my son chose Juvenile Diabetes, as some sort of learning experience. Or it comes from a need, yes, to not see ala Louise Hayes. Only my friend would know, and she's not the type to look beyond the obvious. She's very much based in this reality and was finding day-to-day life challenging before her handicap. She's really struggling, but I have to say of all my friends she's not been as prone to complaining, which I find amazing. Although lately I think she's reached her limit for challenges. All I can do is listen and help in any way I can, which turns out to be little things.

And to now end with one (maybe) last reference to whether Jesus was real or myth: http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-christ-like-figures-who-pre-date-jesus/

Pretty darned interesting. And #1 is special to me, because of something I'm going to post in another topic (maybe not tonight), about eyes and the light spectrum. Hint: Eye of Horus and the pineal gland. I have a few things to contribute.   8)

Sena

And to now end with one (maybe) last reference to whether Jesus was real or myth: http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-christ-like-figures-who-pre-date-jesus/
Deb, thanks for the link. I found this interesting:
"Dionysus was born of a virgin on December 25 and, as the Holy Child, was placed in a manger. He was a traveling teacher who performed miracles. He "rode in a triumphal procession on an ass." He was a sacred king killed and eaten in an eucharistic ritual for fecundity and purification. Dionysus rose from the dead on March 25. He was the God of the Vine, and turned water into wine."

"Myth embodies the nearest approach to absolute truth that can be stated in words."

https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/73275.Ananda_K_Coomaraswamy

It would seem that Christ and Dionysus are both mythical. It would be a mistake to look for them in physical reality, but they both have implications for "absolute truth".

transient amnesia

LarryH

Deb, I was looking for the specifics on where Seth contradicted himself, but couldn't find it. Could you fill me in?

Deb

Great question Larry, thank you for asking. It made me look back through Seth on Christ and re-examine what I've read in the past. You can follow the link here to a post I made under my Seth On topic. It seemed to me that there were times when Seth said Jesus existed as a real person, then other times said he did not. I think I've figured it out.

My confusion on whether Seth said Jesus was real or not came from Seth not distinguishing between the man we now call Jesus, the Christ entity (begetting three men, Jesus, John the Baptist, Paul), and the Christ or Jesus Christ figure created by the church and new testament. Seth rarely uses the name Jesus, most times he refers to them ALL as Christ. Christ was a title, Jesus is a name.

So, to sort this out I've looked through several quotes again...