Neale Donald Walsch

Started by Sena, January 16, 2018, 11:02:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

Neale Donald Walsch channels an entity he refers to as "God". The message is somewhat similar to the Seth teachings. Walsch is a good writer, and I think he has made a useful contribution. I have one book of his, "Tomorrow's God". This is a summary of his teachings:

"(Walsch's God is referred to as WG)
1.  WG is pantheistic.  That means that everything is God.  God is not separate from his creation; he is the universe and everything in it.  It means that human beings are part of God and not separate from him.  We are a finite expression of the infinite. 

2.  You existed before this life.  When you took physical form in this world, you caused yourself to forget who you really are.  While in this world of form, your major spiritual quest is to remember and recreate who you really are.

3.  Death is no big deal.  It is failure to doctors, tragedy to those left behind, but relief and release to the soul.  The soul is clear that there is no great tragedy about leaving the body.   We are all immortal right now; immortality is not something you have to earn by following a religious script; we never do die, we only change form.

4.  God is not the vengeful, punitive God that many Jews, Christians and Muslims believe.  There is no Hell.

5.  Souls can reincarnate many times, be born into this world many times.  The decision to do this is made by the soul itself, so it can continue to grow.  Karma is not an obligation of the soul, but an opportunity of the soul to continue to grow, looking at past events and experiences as a measure of that growth.  [This contradicts eastern beliefs that karma is a debt of the soul to be repaid by successive lives on earth.]

6.  Don't envy someone who is very fortunate nor overly pity someone less fortunate.  "Judge not, then, the karmic path walked by another.  Envy not success, nor pity failure, for you know not what is success or failure in the soul's reckoning." 

7.  Killing is evil, killing for God is the highest blasphemy.  However, you are not to be either a victim or a martyr; war is sometimes necessary and you have a moral obligation to prevent aggression against others and yourself.

8.  The purpose of life is joy.  WG says "Life should be a joy, a celebration...Four fifths of the world's people consider life a trial, a tribulation, a time of testing, a karmic debt that must be repaid, a school with harsh lessons that must be learned, and, in general, an experience to be endured while awaiting the real joy, which is after death." 

9.  Money is good, not evil, not "the root of all evil."  Being rich is good – there is nothing spiritually advantageous about poverty and want.

10.  Sex is one of man's highest joys.  It is not shameful or evil.  Being attracted to the opposite sex is not "committing adultery in your heart," it is following the dictates of nature that were programmed into us to procreate the human race."

https://atticghosts.wordpress.com/2008/01/20/neale-donald-walschs-conversations-with-god-book-1/

transient amnesia

Deb

Quote from: Blog
"...Envy not success, nor pity failure, for you know not what is success or failure in the soul's reckoning." 

This especially speaks to me, a concept introduced to me by Abraham-Hicks and reinforced with my reading of Seth. A VERY good point. We can't know what spiritual path another person is traveling, to me it feels arrogant to try to intervene. But then on the other hand, we don't know if we are meant to play a role in someone else's drama either. It's that darned amnesia.

I read Conversations with God a few years ago, recommended to me by of all people, my ex, who was also not religious and puzzled by my own spiritual quest over the years we had been together. It was certainly a surprise! The book felt religiously slanted to me, but reading the summary and the blog post in the link above make me want to take a second look at the book.

Quote from: transient amnesia
Into the Mystic
Van Morrison

While I've always loved Van Morrison's music, I can't say I really paid that much attention to his lyrics and didn't realize how spiritual he is.  Wiki:

"Songs on this album for the first time alluded to the healing power of music, which became an abiding interest of Morrison's."

"Beginning with his 1979 album, Into the Music and the song "And the Healing Has Begun", a frequent theme of his music and lyrics has been based on his belief in the healing power of music combined with a form of mystic Christianity. This theme has become one of the predominant qualities of his work."

It seems I'll be buying some of his music too. :)

Sena

Quote from: Deb
But then on the other hand, we don't know if we are meant to play a role in someone else's drama either.
Deb, I think our Inner Self guides us in this situation. Our job is to try to free ourselves of false beliefs. I think Seth has demonstrated that atheism is as false a belief as religious bigotry.

Deb

Quote from: Sena
Deb, I think our Inner Self guides us in this situation.

Yes, I agree. It works for those who pay attention to the inner self...

Funny, when I wrote about intervention what I had in mind were people like missionaries (maybe as in At Play in the Fields of the Lord?) who feel a need to 'rescue' or improve the lives of cultures they view as living in inferior conditions according to their own standards (and in the process may expose those people to diseases that can wipe out an entire village). Or in an example Seth mentioned (can't find it right now), where a soul may only want to experience the gestation experience and doctors 'save' the life of a child who intended to die during or shortly after birth. Some souls may choose to go along for a short time, but then will usually find another way to exit life early. The 'saviors' in these situations are operating from belief systems derived from doctrines. In these cases, religious and medical. So yes, as Seth said over and over and over... we need to explore our beliefs. And I could add: explore and make sure our beliefs are our own and serve us well, rather than blindly adopting doctrines of one sort of another. And realize our perspective is subjective--there is more than one side to a story.

Phew, did I overthink that again? Ah well, I think regardless of what takes place, it's all good. It's cooperative. And all about probabilities with no dead ends. We mess up, we get to make it right again at some point. Groundhog Day.