The mystery of life

Started by jbseth, March 29, 2019, 01:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

I came across the following story from an email I received yesterday that is a powerful reminder of the emotional power, beauty and mystery of life.

There is a website on the internet where a person can write in and ask a question to a progressive Christian minister. Typically in respond to this question, one of the many ministers who support this site, will post the question on that website along with their response to it.

For this particular question, a women wrote in and said that her grandmother had recently passed away from a sudden illness. This woman said that she has been having horrible panic attacks about dying as a result of this and was seeking some comforting words from one of the ministers. In response to this question, one of the ministers posted a response to her.   

In a portion of his response, this minister says that recently he was asked to conduct a memorial service for a trans person who had taken his own life. The mother of this young man had a hard time with his transition from being her daughter to being her son.

Days after his death, his mother went to visit her mother in an Alzheimer unit in a nursing home. For several years now, her mother was no longer herself. She typically wasn't able to communicate with family members who visited her and very rarely recognized any of them.

When this woman went to visit her mother in the Alzheimer unit to tell her about her "daughters" death, she was expecting that she'd pretty much be talking to herself. However, soon after she started talking, her mother had a lucid moment and said, "He visited me last night! He came to me and he's beautiful! I mean really beautiful! He wants us all to know that he's okay, he's doing well, and he'll be waiting for us!" And then, just like that, she fell back into her normal default mode of not being present or responsive.

In response to this, this minister says that when he heard this story, he felt goosebumps, he felt the truth of it – in his bones. Then, after this, he tells us of a time when he was younger, and how he "felt" his grandfather visit him, one night several weeks after he had died.  After this, the minister says that he can't explain these events and that's okay. He says that we can just hear them, feel them and know.

Sometimes when I hear about these types of events, I get mental and/or physical goosebumps. It seems to me that there's some deeper part of me that recognizes the truth in them.

- jbseth

Sena

Quote from: jbseth
When this woman went to visit her mother in the Alzheimer unit to tell her about her "daughters" death, she was expecting that she'd pretty much be talking to herself. However, soon after she started talking, her mother had a lucid moment and said, "He visited me last night! He came to me and he's beautiful! I mean really beautiful! He wants us all to know that he's okay, he's doing well, and he'll be waiting for us!" And then, just like that, she fell back into her normal default mode of not being present or responsive.
jbseth, thanks for this story. This fits in with the idea that the brain does not "produce" consciousness and the mind, but is a "filter" for consciousness and the mind. In the woman with Alzheimer's, the brain has deteriorated, and is no longer an efficient filter. As a result she has access to the thoughts of a dead person. If people with normal brains had free access to the thoughts of dead people, their minds would be flooded and they would not be able to function in daily life.

https://drnatalietrent.com/blog/intuition-and-the-filter-theory-of-consciousness/

jbseth

Hi Sena,

Hey, thanks for your reply and thanks for your attached link. 

I read the article in your attached link. I've never heard of Natalie Trent before. I noticed that she's a PhD, and so on her blog I looked at her "about" pull down menu and it said that she's a neuroscientist and a shamanic energy healer. I love that.

In your link, Natalie, referenced an article by herself, M. Beauregard and G. E. Schwartz. I've read the book "Brain War's" by Mario Beauregard and so I've familiar with him. He's another neuroscientist like Natalie who has a more expanded view of consciousness. Here's an Amazon link to Mario Beauregard's books. Apparently he's got at least one other book out called, "The Spiritual Brain".

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mario+beauregard&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

I've also read the book "The Truth about Medium: Extraordinary Experiments with the real Allison DuBois of NBC's Medium and other Remarkable Psychics", by Gary E. Schwartz. From what I can tell, he's a researcher who at one point, had a lab at one of the major university's in Arizona where he was researching after-death phenomenon.

Below is an Amazon link to Gary E Schwartz's books. He's written a lot of books. His latest one looks like its called, "Super Synchronicity: Where Science and Spirit Meet"; that sounds really interesting.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=gary+e.+schwartz&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Thanks for sharing and letting me and others know about Natalie Trent.
I'm going to save her blog to my "Favorites" in my laptop.  :)

- jbseth

Sena

I've also read the book "The Truth about Medium: Extraordinary Experiments with the real Allison DuBois of NBC's Medium and other Remarkable Psychics", by Gary E. Schwartz.
jbseth, thanks for recommending this book. I managed to get hold of this, and also "An Atheist in Heaven: The Ultimate Evidence for Life After Death?" by Paul Davids, Gary E. Schwartz

Deb

Sometimes when I hear about these types of events, I get mental and/or physical goosebumps. It seems to me that there's some deeper part of me that recognizes the truth in them.

Yes, I've really noticed that over the past several years and started calling them truth bumps. It's is the feeling that deep down in my core something has resonated and I take it as feedback from my inner self. The thing I'm trying to figure out is that since I get them in different areas of my body, if the location of the feeling indicates a more specific message. I need to ask my inner self for clarification. :)

The story about the after-death visitation to the grandmother was incredible. Considering that the idea that information is transmitted electrically in body and brain, it makes sense that if someone's brain is compromised by injury or disease, or enhanced (such as by a drug like LSD) would affect what signals do and do not get through—either within the body/brain or from "outside."

@Sena I really loved Dr. Trent's blog post, it was the simplest and clearest explanation of the filter theory I've ever read. Tesla was amazing, he said he got his ideas from the universe as downloads of packets of knowledge (my paraphrase)—entire diagrams for devices and a complete understanding of how and why they would work. He had a lot of health problems growing up and in his younger years, migraines and strange fugues. Weird phobias. I think his brain was put together differently than the rest of ours, his "filtering mechanism" was altered, which is most likely why he could tap into greater knowledge. Trent has a few more blog posts I want to take a look at, and the Expanding Science book sounds really interesting. I recognized a few of the Contributors' names.