Author Topic: Personal telepathy experiences  (Read 8946 times)

Offline LarryH

I go to a small gathering on the first Friday of every month called the Psychic Circle. We typically have just shared our psychic experiences, but more recently we have begun to experiment. Last Friday, a participant pulled something out of his pocket and placed it in an envelope. We all saw it before he inserted it, but from my viewpoint it just looked like a large dark coin, maybe the size of a silver dollar, but much darker. The envelope was passed around, and each of us gave our impressions after we all had a turn. Several people got accurate impressions. My strongest impression was of a shape that could either be a bullet or a missile. I drew the bullet shape sitting on top of the coin shape. The object was a coin, one of only 8, commemorating a still classified military mission in which 20 took part, but only 8 survived. The coins were made using the metal from spent shell casings. The participant was one of the 8.

Offline jbseth

Quote from: LarryH
I go to a small gathering on the first Friday of every month called the Psychic Circle. We typically have just shared our psychic experiences, but more recently we have begun to experiment.

Hi LarryH,

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun. Great story.  :)

About 20 years ago, my wife and I attended a weekend workshop hosted by “Judith Orloff” where we did something similar. There was a group of about 50 people in attendance and the entire group did several “readings” were we tried to pick up what we could, about certain events “psychically”. It was a lot of fun for the entire group and my wife and I were both surprised at just what we were able to pick up, when we tuned in.

It’s been my experience that the experience of actually doing this, makes Seth’s comments regarding the fact that we all have this psychic / intuitive capability much more realistic.

-jbseth

Offline LarryH

Quote from: jbseth
About 20 years ago, my wife and I attended a weekend workshop hosted by “Judith Orloff”
I love Judith Orloff! I have heard her a few times on Coast-to-Coast and have listened to a book she wrote on CD.

Among the other participants' responses, one said that it was a commemoration of an event, and the next person to share after me said that she saw a group of men with helmets running up a hill with sweat on their faces. Both were accurate. Our newest member, the ghost hunter, also got a hit, but I forget the details.

Offline jbseth

Hi LarryH,

Yeah, I really liked Judith's book, "Second Site". There was a lot of very interesting psychic type stories in it. 

-jbseth

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
  • ~You are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
OK you guys, this is the third time Judith Orloff has been recommended to me in the past few months, and by completely different sources. While her name was not familiar, I'm drawn to the book The Empath's Survival Guide: Life Strategies for Sensitive People. I don't appear to have any conscious ESP abilities as far as I can tell, but I do pick up on people's energy, feelings and moods easily and really have to be careful about that. I've added the audio book to my library Wish List.

LarryH, great ESP story about the coin. Extraordinary story of the coin being minted from shell casings. I imagine there would be a huge emotional investment in the coin by the its owner, which I think was an important element in people picking up on it. Is the Psychic Circle a Meetup group?

We could do these types of experiments here on the forum. I think a long time ago someone suggested it. We have just a few active members now (although I can see that at least 10 people log in every day, they just don't write). Any interest in this? Once in a while a Facebook Seth group will do this. We can start a new topic, I'd be glad to kick it off. I'd put an object in a container, maybe just a small paper bag or box. I'd make sure it's something very meaningful to me, will focus on it for several minutes daily for a few days or a week or whatever, and then ask people to post their impressions. While we don't know each other on a personal level, we do know each other on some level by our writing/the way we think about things, which I think would add to our success. If it turns out to be something everyone wants to do, we can do it at intervals, say quarterly or something. I'm open to suggestions of course.

Offline jbseth

Hi Deb,

In the last few months, I’ve noticed that it seems that there are very few people who actively participate in this forum on a regular bases. For the most part it’s been me, you and T.M. with a few others scattered here and there.

I’m thinking that maybe it’s been my participation here that’s causing this problem, and so, I’ve decided to cut back on my participation.

I still plan on following along and reading the posts here on a regular basis, but for the future, I won’t be actively writing any/many new posts here, so as to give others the chance to step up and do so if they are going to.

- jbseth   

Offline LarryH

Quote from: jbseth
I’m thinking that maybe it’s been my participation here that’s causing this problem, and so, I’ve decided to cut back on my participation.
You are not causing the problem, you are a big part of what makes this forum work. Nobody is saying to themselves, "Oh, jbseth posted, so I guess I won't." Forums die when the most active members back away. If you have personal reasons to cut back, that's different, but I enjoy your posts, whether I reply or not.

Deb, I would definitely participate in your suggested experiments, and we could take turns selecting objects.

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
    • Like us on Facebook!
@jbseth I completely agree with Larry. Cutting back on your participation is the complete opposite of what I'd think of. As of today (!) the forum is officially 5 years old. Happy birthday to us! Seth is a "niche market," Facebook seems to be the place where people want to be because I don't think people like to write these days. Things get quiet around here from time to time and I think it's all over, and then there's a sudden surge in participation.

A lot of the Facebook Seth groups have 1,000 - 4,000 members that get fed Seth quotes every day and all they have to do is "Like" a post to feel like they've done something. I'm tempted to add a "Like" button here and see what happens. It would at least be feedback from those who log in and read but don't post. I'll look into adding one, it would be interesting.

I'll get something together to try our first ESP experiment and will probably put up the new topic tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 05:24:36 PM by Deb »

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
    • Like us on Facebook!
I just wanted to add more as the turn this took has bothered me all day that @jbseth thought he had something to do with the forum being sleepy.

When I started this forum on 12/13/2014 I wasn't aware there were other Seth forums. Lynda Madden Dahl had her Seth Network International website back then and I added Speaking of Seth to her list of Seth resources. People found us that way.

A couple of years later I was contacted by a man that had another Seth forum that had been around for many years. It had lost steam and he had gotten to the point where he wanted to let his forum go and direct his attention elsewhere. He asked if he could send his remaining active members here. I told him of course. Lynda was 100% behind the decision and elevated SoS to the top of her list. More people found us through Lynda's website as she listed SoS as the successor to the closed forum (I can't remember what it was called), which funneled more traffic this way.

A few years ago I also learned of Chris Galpin and his Seth forum Sethtalks.com He's the one who made the Seth search engine. We messaged back a forth a bit and he was lamenting how sluggish his forum was. He had checked out the SoS stats and said he was envious of the membership and activity we had here at the time.

Then 2-3 years ago Lynda decided to shut down her website and focus her efforts on Facebook. So there went one our strongest sources for new members.

We do have a SoS page on Facebook, but I spend more of my time here on the forum because to be successful on Facebook requires a lot of time and I'd rather be discussing Seth here with people and learning rather than feeding another stream of Seth quotes on Facebook. I also figured Facebook didn't need yet another Seth group. There are 446 members here. Our Seth Facebook page ( https://www.facebook.com/SethJaneRobertsForum/) has 687 Likes, 740 followers. There was a (long) period when our membership and number of Facebook Likes were equal. There are people that do come here via Facebook and join. To read.

So what I'm trying to say here is what I said in my previous post: I really don't think people like to write and discuss things any more. Facebook is the present and future. Discussion forums are going the way of the dinosaur. A few years ago Barrie Gellis' discussion forum on Yahoo also shut down, and he has his own Facebook page.

While I feel a bit of failure because the forum is sometimes just limping along, I also feel great about the multitude of discussions we've had here, new ideas that have been shared, new authors and sources of information that have been introduced. It's been extremely rewarding, I've learned so much, and when I started SoS I had no idea if anyone at all would show up. I'm happy to say a lot of people have found us, everyone making valuable contributions.

My plan is to keep SoS running even if every last member stops contributing, because while my original intention was to connect with other Seth readers (no one I have in my immediate circle of family and friends is interested in Seth), I also consider it a repository of all things Seth that I will continue to build.

Phew, OK, I think I'm done.

Happy anniversary friends (birthday).

Offline chasman

Deb,
     super extra thank you for all you wrote.
thank you for making this superb excellent forum.   Happy Anniversary and Birthday to you!!!
you have created a beautiful wonderful forum. bravo!!!   :):)

jbseth, I super love reading all your posts.
in my opinion, you are a joy to read.
I hope you continue to post as much as you please.

peace and joy and all good things to everyone,
Charlie

Offline jbseth

Hi Deb, Hi All,

Thanks for your kind words.

I hear what you’re saying and maybe all of this is just related to a trend where people are moving to Facebook and there are fewer and fewer people writing in forums today.

I can remember being surprised that Barrie Gellis’s forum participation gradually seemed to slow down to almost nothing. I mean, we’re talking Barrie Gellis, one of the New York City boys; how could that happen???

Anyway, after hearing what you had to say, it looks like I was wrong in my assumption that my participation was causing problems in this forum.  Thank you for your feedback.

As a result of this, I’ve decided that I will continue to participate in the forum.

(Oh and I’ll gladly participate in the telepathy experiments too. :)

Happy Anniversary everyone.

Deb, the fact that today is the 5th anniversary has much to do with your commitment and dedication to this forum.  Thank you for doing this for all of us.   

-jbseth

Offline Deb

• Head Instigator
    • Like us on Facebook!
JbSeth I'm glad you changed your mind!

So I made a new Board for ESP Experiments and posted the first experiment here. https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=1854.new#new The board is not visible to the general public; only to logged-on members.

Good luck!

Offline jbseth

Hi Deb,

That's really cool.  :)

Thanks.

-jbseth

Offline jbseth

Hi SpiceMerchant42,

It's really awesome and powerful when you tap into yourself and have an experience like that.

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

- jbseth

Offline LarryH

Yes, that's pretty remarkable.

Offline pyromancy

There's a chemical called telepathine in tobacco and coffee among many other plants in varying concentrations. Coffee and tobacco contain only small amounts, but I think it's definitely why people smoke cigarettes to break the ice and go out for cups of coffee together to get to know each other. The part that is so telling to me is that most people have zero idea that telepathine even exists but they notice the effects of it. Without even knowing they know, ha.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Twelve divided by two (word):