"Feeling Is The Prayer" by Gregg Braden

Started by Sena, February 08, 2018, 10:49:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sena

Gregg Braden comes from a scientific perspective, quantum physics etc., but I think his views are a useful adjunct to the Seth teachings. Braden quotes Neville Goddard, who has already been mentioned on this forum.

https://youtu.be/wJ0O1FTn9RQ

One quote from the video is "If you pray for rain, rain will never happen." What this means is that if you want rain, you must get the feeling that it is already raining. In Goddard's terminology "the feeling of the wish fulfilled".

It's been said on this forum before that news braodcasts which depict violence may actually increase violence. These broadcasts create the feeling of violence.

https://www.greggbraden.com/

transient amnesia

Sena

TA, very nice instant feedback. "The power and energy of moods, attitudes, emotions, and behavior".
One of the interesting things about the rice experiment is that there is no "religion" involved at all. Prayer need not be the monopoly of religion.

transient amnesia

transient amnesia

transient amnesia

Sena

Leadbetter was an interesting man:
"Originally a priest of the Church of England, his interest in spiritualism caused him to end his affiliation with Anglicanism in favour of the Theosophical Society, where he became an associate of Annie Besant. He became a high-ranking officer of the society, but resigned in 1906 amid a sex scandal. Accusations of his detractors were never proven, and after Annie Besant became President of the Society, he was readmitted in 1908."

He founded a school in Ceylon (Sri Lanka) where I live:

"During 1885, Leadbeater traveled with Henry Steel Olcott (1832–1907), first President of the Theosophical Society, to Burma, and Ceylon (now Sri Lanka). In Ceylon they founded the English Buddhist Academy, with Leadbeater staying there to serve as its first headmaster under very austere conditions. This school gradually expanded to become Ananda College, which now has more than 6,000 students and has a building named for Leadbeater."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Webster_Leadbeater

transient amnesia

transient amnesia

Deb

OK I'm seriously behind on this topic but will add my thoughts even though they may be outdated at this point.

I think of prayer as a tool for focusing the mind. Like meditations, mantras, staring at a flame, prayer beads. The wands of Harry Potter. Or Bishops.

Great Braden video! "If we prayed for rain, rain could never happen. Because the moment you pray for something to occur, you've just acknowledged that it does not exist." Seth said it. Abraham-Hicks said it. It makes perfect sense to me. Praying or creating from the point of view of lack of something only brings more of the same. You get what you concentrate upon.

"A generation that hates war will not bring peace. A generation that loves peace will bring peace."
—SS Chapter 12: Session 550, September 28, 1970

Gregg Braden has popped up in my radar in the past, but I'd never actually listened to him until now. He makes sense. The ultrasound was amazing. I just hope the woman has resolved whatever issues gave her the tumor to begin with.

I remember hearing about the Maharishi Effect on crime rates in the past, hard to tell whether the reported study results are real or not. They've been questioned, but Braden makes reference to the effects and others are now studying.

Joe Dispenza has conducted live global streaming meditations in the past in order to study the results.  I participated in the first one, but hadn't heard any more about it so I don't know if and when he continued. He did say he found out he needed more people to participate to make the meditation more effective, which Braden mentions in the video.

Lynn McTaggart is doing some experimenting herself: https://lynnemctaggart.com/the-intention-experiment/

Now I want to do a rice experiment of my own.  ;)

Sena

Quote from: Deb
Gregg Braden has popped up in my radar in the past, but I'd never actually listened to him until now. He makes sense.
Something that Braden says in his book "The Divine Matrix" is that if you "desperately" want something you may not get it. The reason may be that your desperation may indicate your lack of confidence. A recent event occurred to me of which I can't give explicit details. A young relative of mine had a health problem. I had a chat with her and gave her a bit of commonsense advice on diet and exercise. The only prayer I said was one I commonly use mentally, "May all beings be well and happy". Within a week her problem was resolved.

Marla

I've always thought of the typical approach to prayer as formalized worrying. And included in the process is the "worrier" casting all power outside him or herself. The result in most cases is a powerless human reinforcing a given set of fears.

Sena

Quote from: Marla

I've always thought of the typical approach to prayer as formalized worrying. And included in the process is the "worrier" casting all power outside him or herself. The result in most cases is a powerless human reinforcing a given set of fears.
Hi Maria, welcome to the forum.
You are quite right if you are referring to Christian prayers. I stopped saying the Lord's prayer years ago. If I address someone called "Our Father", as you say I am assuming that God is outside me.
If there is one thing I have learned from Seth it is that Divinity is All That Is, and I am a part of All That Is.
When I say to myself "May all beings be well and happy", I am not addressing anyone outside myself. I am merely getting in touch with my own Divinity. I am using those words to induce a particular feeling within myself, because feeling is the prayer.

Sena

Braden writes in his book The Divine Matrix:
"Fractions of a second before the big bang occurred, our universe was much, much smaller than it is today.... With all the "empty"space removed from what we see as the universe today, that ball is believed to have been about the size of a single green pea.... The models suggest that the temperature within that compact space was an unimaginable 18 billion million million million million degrees Fahrenheit."

How does this relate to the Seth teaching? Seth refers to "God" as "All That Is". Immediately before the Big Bang, that extremely hot red pea was "All That Was". That was God. "All That Was" exploded and gave rise to the Universe.

I don't think Seth says anywhere that All That Is is spiritual. The above model suggests that All That Is is NOT spiritual.

This is a Seth quote on spirituality:

"This sense of division within the self forces you to think that there is a remote, spiritual, wise, intuitive inner self, and a bewildered, put-upon, spiritually ignorant, inferior physical self, which happens to be the one you identify with. Many of you believe, moreover, that the physical self's very nature is evil, that its impulses, left alone, will run in direct opposition to the good of the physical world and society, and fly in the face of the deeper spiritual truths of inner reality. The inner self then becomes so idealized and so remote that by contrast the physical self seems only the more ignorant and flawed. In the face of such beliefs the ideal of psychic development, or astral travel, or spiritual knowledge, or even of sane living, seems so remote as to be impossible. You must, therefore, begin to celebrate your own beings, to look to your own impulses as being the natural connectors between the physical and the nonphysical self."
—Nature of Mass Events Chapter 10: Session 872, August 8, 1979

LarryH

Quote from: Sena
"Fractions of a second before the big bang occurred..."

This is just an aside from the main discussion, but Braden's statement above has no meaning. The Big Bang was the beginning of time as well as space, so there is no such thing as "Fractions of a second before (time began)." I know it is hard to imagine. But that is what science says. I have my own take on how to conceptualize that, but I'm not sure how to express it adequately. Maybe I will try someday. By the way, I have great respect for Braden generally.

Sena

Quote from: LarryH
"Fractions of a second before the big bang occurred..."

This is just an aside from the main discussion, but Braden's statement above has no meaning. The Big Bang was the beginning of time as well as space, so there is no such thing as "Fractions of a second before (time began)." I know it is hard to imagine. But that is what science says. I have my own take on how to conceptualize that, but I'm not sure how to express it adequately. Maybe I will try someday. By the way, I have great respect for Braden generally.
Larry, I agree that this statement of Braden's may not be philosophically accurate. Is it possible for time to have a beginning?
This is Stephen Hawking:
"In this lecture, I would like to discuss whether time itself has a beginning, and whether it will have an end."
http://www.hawking.org.uk/the-beginning-of-time.html

Scientific American:
"The Myth Of The Beginning Of Time"
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-myth-of-the-beginning-of-time-2006-02/

LarryH

Sena: From your links, it appears that Hawking still feels that there was a beginning of time, while the Scientific American article suggests that time had no beginning. I just have one thought to ponder: If time is infinite into the past, how did we ever get to "now"? Infinity is an impossibly long way to travel to anywhere.

Sena

I just have one thought to ponder: If time is infinite into the past, how did we ever get to "now"? Infinity is an impossibly long way to travel to anywhere.
Larry, my feeling about this is that time is quite mysterious. The human brain may not be equipped to understand the real nature of time. The concept of time is useful in arranging events involving two or more people who need to coordinate their activities, but when we try to contemplate eternity the mind boggles.

Deb

The Big Bang was the beginning of time as well as space, so there is no such thing as "Fractions of a second before (time began)."

Is Braden is doing what Seth said he had to do -- speak to us in terms we understand in our current reality? Has Braden mentioned that in his book? (Not completely on topic, but I had a friend once tell me that "god" invented time. But then she also saw Jesus in the folds of her curtains every morning. She found Jesus. )

The human brain may not be equipped to understand the real nature of time.

I know I don't. And I guess I don't have the mind for true physics, I can't and never could imagine infinity or in this case the universe being "much, much smaller than it is today." I can't conceptualize "empty" space. And the "much smaller" and "ball believed to have been about the size of a single green pea" and "temperature within that compact space" parts seem so materially-based to me.

And I still haven't been able to grasp completely the concept that there really is no time, everything exists at once, and there is no cause and effect. The closest Seth has come to explaining past-present-future for me is that the frequency of the present is strong and the past and future weaker, so while they are exist together the weaker frequencies "feel" distant.

I don't think Seth says anywhere that All That Is is spiritual. The above model suggests that All That Is is NOT spiritual.

I've never gotten that either, all of Seth's teachings come from a more scientific point of view as far as I'm concerned, and not spiritual in the way we use the word today. Which is exactly what attracted me to Seth.

A really great explanation of how All That Was became All That Is, is here. Seems like the big bang was more of a sigh. I found it interesting towards the end of this quote Seth starts referring to ATI as "he." I don't think I've seen that before.
http://search.sethtalks.com/q/session:427+'All+That+Is'/

Next I'll read everything Seth said about time. That is going to take a while. :)