Souls reincarnate in groups/clans

Started by sophiedillo, March 20, 2018, 11:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophiedillo

I read that Seth said that souls are in clans that reincarnate together over and over in order to work things out. What happens when a person's family is abusive in life and the soul wants out of that group? Seriously, when the person has had enough and has nothing but hatred for the persons in their physical "family," is there a way out?

Sena

Quote from: sophiedillo
I read that Seth said that souls are in clans that reincarnate together over and over in order to work things out. What happens when a person's family is abusive in life and the soul wants out of that group? Seriously, when the person has had enough and has nothing but hatred for the persons in their physical "family," is there a way out?
Hi Sophie, welcome to the forum. You have asked an important question. My understanding of Seth is that there is no "rule" according to which one has to reincarnate with the same family members one has in the present lifetime. Some may choose to do so, but it is a personal choice.

"Groups of individuals come together in various lives for certain purposes, separate, and may or may not come together again in a different time or place. Again, however, there is no rigid rule. Some families are literally reincarnations of their ancestors, but this is not the general case by any means. Deep relationships will continue in one way or another. Others will simply disappear."
—Seth Speaks Chapter 12: Session 551, September 30, 1970

"Others of a more placid nature will take their problems one at a time. Rest periods may also be taken, and they are highly therapeutic. For example, an excellent, satisfying life with a minimum of problems may be chosen either as a prelude to a life of concentrated challenge or as a self-adopted reward for a previous difficult life. Those that thoroughly enjoy the physical medium, without being obsessed by it, however, do very well indeed. The "laws" of reincarnation are adapted by the individual personalities to suit themselves."
—Seth Speaks Chapter 12: Session 551, September 30, 1970

Deb

Hi Sophie, welcome! Sena has pretty much covered your question.

Also, Seth says that we pre-arrange our family situations in Framework 2, choosing our parents and what challenges we will face, so being in an abusive family here in Framework 1 doesn't mean the souls themselves are abusive, they are just playing a role.

Some souls even choose to not reincarnate.

"You may decide upon another reincarnation. You may decide to focus instead upon your past life, using it as the stuff of new experience, as mentioned previously creating variations of events as you have known them, making corrections as you choose. Or you may enter another system of probability entirely; and this is quite apart from a reincarnational existence. You will be leaving all thoughts of continuity of time behind you in such a case."

—SS Chapter 11: Session 540, July 6, 1970

sophiedillo

HI Sena and Deb, Please forgive me if I have posted this incorrectly, as I don't usually use message boards such as this.

Thank you very much for your thoughtful and quick responses. It's been many years since I've read through any Seth books, although I do carry The Nature of Personal Reality with me everywhere for when I have a few minutes to read, but that's only a few passages here and there.  I guess I should have remembered that things aren't so rigid. You know, I read horrible stories of abuse in the news, and of course I have my own demons, so that's why the question came to mind. Thank you for your explanations.

And I must say that I am so happy to have found a place (albeit online) of like-minded people. Last night's post constitutes my first visit here, but I will be exploring the site further. I can't imagine why I didn't look for this sooner.  I've always wished for a group that meets on this topic in the real world, but this will do for now! Thanks again!

Deb

Quote from: sophiedillo
Please forgive me if I have posted this incorrectly

Sophie, you're doing fine. There is no right or wrong way to post here. There are a few bells and whistles, but you're free to use them or not.

The two Seth books I tell people really cover the most important concepts are The Nature of Personality and Mass Events. The rest are just more enjoyable details. Please make yourself at home here and explore.

sophiedillo