Poll: What are the essential Seth teachings?

Started by Sena, January 22, 2021, 09:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are the essential Seth teachings?

One's own physical reality is created in perfect replica of your inner desires and thoughts.
2 (66.7%)
One creates one's own reality, including illness and suffering.
2 (66.7%)
The soul or entity — in other words, your most intimate powerful inner identity — is and must be forever changing.
2 (66.7%)
The individual chooses the time of death.
1 (33.3%)
Karma is not punishment.
0 (0%)
Seth-specific ideas on reincarnation.
1 (33.3%)
Other than the above
0 (0%)
All of the above 1 to 6
1 (33.3%)
None of the above
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Sena

(1) One's own physical reality is created in perfect replica of your inner desires and thoughts.

"First of all, you must understand that no objective reality exists but that which is created by consciousness. Consciousness always creates form, and not the other way around. So my environment is a reality of existence created by myself and others like me, and it represents the manifestation of our development.

They are created by our mental patterns, [just] as your own physical reality is created in perfect replica of your inner desires and thoughts. You think that objects exist independently of you, not realizing that they are instead the manifestations of your own psychological and psychic selves. We realize that we form our own reality, and therefore we do so with considerable joy and creative abandon."
—SS Chapter 2: Session 513, February 5, 1970

(2) One creates one's own reality, including illness and suffering.

"Illness and suffering are not thrust upon you by God, or by All That Is, or by an outside agency. They are by-products of the learning process, created by you, in themselves quite neutral. On the other hand, your existence itself, the reality and nature of your planet, the whole existence in which you have these experiences, are also created by you, using the abilities of which I have spoken."
—SS Chapter 20: Session 580, April 12, 1971

(3) The soul or entity — in other words, your most intimate powerful inner identity — is and must be forever changing.

"First of all, a soul is not something that you have. It is what you are. I usually use the term "entity" in preference to the term "soul," simply because those particular misconceptions are not so connected with the word "entity," and its connotations are less religious in an organizational sense.

The trouble is that you frequently consider the soul or entity as a finished, static "thing" that belongs to you but is not you. The soul or entity — in other words, your most intimate powerful inner identity — is and must be forever changing. It is not, therefore, something like a cherished heirloom. It is alive, responsive, curious. It forms the flesh and the world that you know, and it is in a state of becoming."

—SS Chapter 6: Session 526, May 4, 1970

(4) The individual chooses the time of death.

"I am speaking generally here, for remember that your individual beliefs, thoughts, and emotions cause your reality, so no person dies ahead of his or her time. The individual chooses the time of death. It is true, however, that many cancers and conditions such as AIDS result because the immunity system has been so tampered with that the body has not been allowed to follow through with its own balancing procedures.

Again, however, no individual dies of cancer or AIDS, or any other condition, until they themselves have set the time"

—WTH Chapter 6: April 25, 1984

(5) Karma is not punishment.

"Now. The basic idea of karma is not punishment. Karma presents the opportunity for development; to make use of opportunities that were not taken advantage of, to fill in gaps of ignorance, to enlarge understanding through experience, to do what should be done."
—TES8 Session 388 December 20, 1967

(6) Seth-specific ideas on reincarnation.

"You may decide upon another reincarnation. You may decide to focus instead upon your past life, using it as the stuff of new experience, as mentioned previously creating variations of events as you have known them, making corrections as you choose. Or you may enter another system of probability entirely; and this is quite apart from a reincarnational existence. You will be leaving all thoughts of continuity of time behind you in such a case.

Now some individuals, some personalities, prefer a life organization bound about past, present, and future in a seemingly logical structure, and these persons usually choose reincarnation. Others naively prefer to experience events in an extraordinarily intuitive manner, with the organization being provided by the associative processes. These will choose a system of probabilities for their next main endeavor.

Some simply find the physical system not to their liking, and in such a way take leave of it. This cannot be done, however, until the reincarnational cycle, once chosen, is completed, so the last choice exists for those who have developed their abilities through reincarnation as far as possible within that system.

Some, finished with reincarnation, may choose to reenter the cycle acting as teachers, and in such cases some recognition of higher identity is always present. Now there is an in-between stage of relative indecision, a midplane of existence; a rest area, comparatively speaking, and it is from this area that most communication from relatives occurs. This is usually the level that is visited by the living in projections from the dream state."

—SS Chapter 11: Session 540, July 6, 1970

jbseth

Hi Sena,

This is a really great question and a really great topic.  :)

Thanks for starting it.

Wow. That's a lot to think about. I didn't respond to your questionnaire above because, I'd need to think hard about "what" are Seth's 5 most important ideas.

The real issue, as I see it, is that Seth brought up "sooooooo many" interesting thoughts and ideas, that I'd want to make a list of many of them, then think about which of them were the most important and then figure out which are the top five.

It occurs to me that what I think right now, at this moment, wouldn't necessarily be the top five that I'd end up with, after working through this list.

Here are some quick thoughts of mine of some of the things that I'd put on this list.

- The basis of his first book, "The Eternal Validity of the Soul"
- All That Is
- Probable Realities
- Simultaneous Time
- CU units and EE units
- Frameworks 1, 2, 3 and 4
- The existence of separate realities (the Electric Reality, the Psychological Reality; see TES3)
- The inner senses
- The structure of the self (the outer ego, the body and body consciousness, the inner self and the entity)
- The gestalt of consciousness
- The ability to change your beliefs (NOPR) and as a result change your life
- The ability of humans to physically be in multiple places at once (see TES2 around page 50, I believe)

I could go on and on, but I'll stop here for now.

-jbseth

Like Like x 1 View List

jbseth

Hi Sena, Hi All,

In regards to identifying Seth's essential teachings, I really wanted to think about this for a few days, just to see what I'd come up with.  After thinking this over for the last few days, what I've come up with is that this would be extremely difficult to do. The issue here being that Seth talked both to and about "so many different topics". Some which are related to each other and some aren't.

I do agree that his teaching in regards to the idea that "You Create Your Reality" is huge. However, there are also very many others, that I could also come up with. Many of which would have to do with the topics that Seth talked about below.

My personal difficulty here would be in figuring out, which of these are the top 6, or even the top 10 or top 20.  I think that I "could" do this, I just don't think that I'm willing to take the time that it would take to me to actually do this.

I know that I could just blurt out the top 6 things that came to mind, but if I did this, I think that later on I might regret that I picked some of these, because later on I might realize that there were others that were more important.

Here's some of the topics that I've come up with.  Previously I mentioned the following topics:

- The basis of his first book, "The Eternal Validity of the Soul"
- All That Is
- Probable Realities
- Simultaneous Time
- CU units and EE units
- Frameworks 1, 2, 3 and 4
- The existence of separate realities (the Electric / Psychological Reality; see TES3)
- The inner senses
- The structure of the self (outer ego, body consciousness, inner self, entity, etc.)
- The gestalt of consciousness
- The ability to change your beliefs (NOPR) and as a result change your life
- The ability of humans to physically be in multiple places at once (see TES2)

Now, along with these, here are two more slightly different types of topics that I think are also worthy of consideration.

- The fact of the wise counsel that Seth continuously shared with Rob and Jane in regards to their personal lives, over the years.
   Some of this was written about in the TES and TPS books.

- The fact that Seth literally showed up "physically" in some instances. Here I'm talking about him having his hands physically appear over the
   top of Jane's hands and him having his image appear over the top of Jane's while she was in the hall such that Rob and Bill Macdonnel could
   see this.  This was mentioned on both "The Seth Material" and one of the first few TES books.

Then along with these two topics, here are some more that I came up with.

- Families of Consciousness (such as Sumari)
- Counterparts
- Religions
- Science and Physics
- Evolution
- Value Fulfillment
- The York Beach Couple
- Mass Events
- Sexuality
- Dreams
- Reincarnation
- OBE's
- LSD
- Nature
- Health, Healing
- Illness, disease, viruses, epidemics
- Intuition and Telepathy
- Animals
- Lumania / Atlantis
- Good and Evil
- Ghosts
- Fragments
- Energy
- Consciousness
- Brotherhood
- Blueprints for Reality
- Atoms
- Sleep
- UFO's
- Suffering
- Transmigration of the Soul
- The Psyche
- Psychology
- Reality
- Idealism / Fanaticism
- Impulses
- Idea Construction
- Murder
- Cults
- Creation

Finally, along with all of these, I'm pretty sure that there are others that I probably haven't mentioned here. As you can see, this is a pretty long list of topics. 

-jbseth

Like Like x 1 View List