Frozen

Started by Deb, March 23, 2018, 08:48:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

I'm not saying there is any meaning to what I found tonight, but it was an interesting coincidence for me. I've been wondering for several days what was Jane's actual cause of death. There's been some debate. The Wiki says a combination of protein depletion, osteomyelitis and soft-tissue infections. So far I haven't found the book source for this statement. Still looking. I just ordered two more Roberts books today.

So somehow I stumbled across a YouTube about a 'mummy' found, who had been frozen for 2500 years in Siberia. She's known as the Siberian Princess. What caught my attention is that she had osteomyelitis (among other problems). But they are saying in the article that she may in fact have been a shaman, through whom spirits could speak.

I can't say I've come across the word osteomyelitis in all of my years, and then here I come across it twice in the same week. Just darned interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_Roberts :

"In early 1982 Roberts spent a month in the hospital for severely underactive thyroid gland, protruding eyes and double vision, an almost total hearing loss, a slight anemia, budding bedsores—and a hospital-caused staph infection.[47] She recovered to an extent, but died two and a half years later in 1984, having been bedridden with severe arthritis—like her mother—for the final year and a half of her life. Roberts had spent 504 consecutive days in a hospital in Elmira, N.Y. The immediate causes of her death were a combination of protein depletion, osteomyelitis, and soft-tissue infections. These conditions arose out of her long-standing rheumatoid arthritis.[48]"

- - - - -

The Siberian Princess, age 25, was found  preserved in ice 2500 years after her death. She was covered in tattoos and in her tomb were food, 6 horses, cannabis to cope with her ravaging illness, personal effects (including a cosmetics bag!)

http://siberiantimes.com/science/casestudy/features/iconic-2500-year-old-siberian-princess-died-from-breast-cancer-reveals-unique-mri-scan/ (random quotes):

"More interesting is that her kinsmen did not leave her to die, nor kill her, but took her to the winter camp."

"In other words, this confirmed her importance, yet though she is often called a 'princess', the truth maybe she was was - in fact - a female shaman."

"The MRI, conducted in Novosibirsk by eminent academics Andrey Letyagin and Andrey Savelov, showed  that the 'princess' suffered from osteomyelitis, an infection of the bone or bone marrow, from childhood or adolescence."

"Probably for this sick woman, sniffing cannabis was a forced necessity,' said the scientist. 'And she was often in altered state of mind. We can suggest that through her could speak the ancestral spirits and gods. Her ecstatic visions in all likelihood allowed her to be considered as some chosen being, necessary and crucial for the benefit of society. She can be seen as the darling of spirits and cherished until her last breath.

"Evidently, shamans could often assume their powers after a significant illness: a woman might be physically weakened but able to develop her powers of concentration and meditation. This would explain the care her people took to care for her and not leave her to die, or hasten death. It also helps to understand the way her burial was conducted in a style similar - but different - to royalty."