The age of Trump

Started by WindWalker, June 09, 2018, 12:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindWalker

Ive experienced a rough patch (medically) for the past couple years. I have a legitamate reason for experiencing thus yet i know we create our own reality through belief and intent. Ive experienced disappointment and anger since Trumps election. Disappointment because i truly believe he conned his way into the presidency and anger because i believe he did so illegally. Anyway-im curious if anyone else has struggled with this issue. We have constant reminders of Trump and i know it is effecting my reality because this anger keeps rearing its ugly head and im sure its deeply rooted. Im looking to change my beliefs but i find it difficult to do so because my belief that trump is a conman will never subside. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because i know my feelings towards Trump  is affecting my reality greatly. I do not intend to offend anybody. . Thanks!

Deb

Truthfully, I don't want to drag politics into the forum again, especially in light of how heated and divisive politics has become over the past several decades— it was not like this when I was a kid. There was a topic here started during election time you might want to skim through: https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=835

But I will say that I don't feel Trump "conned" his way into presidency. I trust that I live in a safe universe and that things work out for the best. The US has been headed by Democrats and Republicans since we became a nation, it swings back and forth. Each gets their turn when the people feel things aren't working out with the current administration, looking for some sort of balance. My feeling is that there is no perfect political ideology.

Being a Seth follower, I feel Trump being elected to office was a mass event on deeper levels than the voter polls. It was not an accident.

You might find some comfort in reading this blog post, quoting Seth from session 825, Mass Events:

"Somehow, in Framework 2, we all agreed that we could best deal with our goals via a Trump victory. And I do mean best. For Seth assures us that the source (or the force) that animates Framework 2 is always on our side. Framework 2 is the medium through which our growth and development occurs. It is not neutral, in other words. All of the atoms and cells that create our universe contain 'a positive intent to cooperate . . . to fulfill themselves, and they [are] predisposed not only toward survival, but with an idealization leading toward the best possible development and maturity.'"

It was written by a 30 year Seth follower who has a couple of MBAs, a PhD and is/was not a Trump supporter. I think I'd read once she'd written a thesis on Seth/Jane. I'd love to get my hands on that.

WindWalker

Thanks for the reply and link Deb. I didnt intend to debate Trumps presidency. I was more so interested in techniques on how to not let his presidency bother me as much. The reason i said conned is because Trump said "You will have the best health care at half the cost" which segued into "who knew healthcare was so difficult" which has segued again (just today) to his administration wanting to take away the pre existing condition clause without any type of replacement. I just found this out today and i rely on the insurance i do have that allows pre existing conditions. Feel free to delete this thread. I guess i shouldnt have mentioned my frustration.

LarryH

Windwalker, my own attitude about Trump is that while this presidency is scary for many of us, I see it as having awakened and vitalized some movements that were needed. The MeToo movement, Black Lives Matter, and the sophisticated student-based activism related to gun violence are more powerful now than they would have been without the accompanying visceral reaction to Trump. Many women have begun to run for office as a direct response to this presidency. Trump gave voice to America's "shadow", and perhaps that needed to be expressed so we could all see that it still existed and needs to be dealt with. Regarding international relations, it is possible that Trump is of a personality type that can deal with North Korea where prior presidents could not. Perhaps authoritarians understand and relate to one another in a way that positive results can occur. Same thing with Russia. It is too bad that he is pissing off most of our allies when it comes to trade issues, but we don't know yet the outcome on that. I understand your frustration with the healthcare issues, but I take heart that they have not been able to completely destroy what progress had occurred in the previous administration. I choose to trust in Framework 2 and know that these things happen for a reason.

WindWalker

Thanks alot Larry and great reply! My frustration lies in the fact i have always been a happy go lucky spontaneous person except as of late which i realise is affecting the reality im creating. Thanks for reminding me to find the good that comes about even through events that can be seen as troubling. To reiterate-my initial post began directly after i read a story about Trump desiring to take away the preexisting condition mandate which i let anger me to no end.......which i shouldnt have nor do i normally get angry.....at anything. The reality ive created for myself has consisted of medical problems in which i highly rely on the insurance i already pay a zillion dollars for. Bottom line: i let my temporary anger and frustration get the better of me and i regretted my post shortly after i posted it. Thanks again for reminding me how much my outlook in life affects my reality. It truly is deeply appreciated. Have a great day!

Deb

Quote from: WindWalker
I do not intend to offend anybody. .

No worries, you haven't. I was just a little concerned when you originally said something like you were angry and resentful towards Trump and his supporters — but your concern makes sense. Larry's points were great. We all just need to remind ourselves to trust in and expect the goodness of ATI, the Universe, whatever you want to call it. It's not natural for most, it's been trained out of us by society.

Quote from: WindWalker
i read a story about Trump desiring to take away the preexisting condition mandate

Could you possibly share that source with me? All I could find was information about the lawsuit in Texas, the prior ruling on making people pay a penalty if they don't get insurance as being unconstitutional, and speculation that the preexisting condition issue could be a problem because it was lumped together with the mandate. But nothing specifically saying Trump or the Admin really want to do away with it. Actually, I think he spoke about the issue during his campaign and wanting to maintain it, but then I'd have to research that.

The reason I ask is that I am a breast cancer survivor, my son has Juvenile Diabetes — obvious preexisting conditions. While I'm fine (13 years now), it seems my son will never be rid of his condition. It's incredibly expensive to keep him alive. When the Affordable Health Care Act went through, we lost our insurance and our preferred doctors. We ended up with Kaiser, which I consider neither affordable nor health care. The insurance pays for just about nothing, doctors are substandard. So... to sum things up, I too have an interest in preexisting conditions and if Trump said he wants to do away with it, I want to know so I can do something about it.

While there are things that concern me about him, I remind myself that he is not a politician (polished). He is a business man, pretty raw, used to getting things done, yet appears fiercely patriotic and empathetic. Because he is so blunt and raw, he scares a lot of people. We're not used to that. But I really do feel he has America's best interest at heart and I can't imagine him wanting to cripple a multitude of Americans with no or completely unaffordable insurance.

Honestly, I no longer have much faith in doctors and pharmaceuticals, due to many personal experiences with misdiagnoses and cookie-cutter treatment. I'm on board with our body's innate ability to heal itself. No one knows this body more than I do.

So there, I've now revealed way to much about myself.

chasman

just want to say that you are awesome Deb.

WindWalker

Deb
I realise this is your website and i truly didnt intend to cause any commotion but we will have to agree to disagree on Trump because no way, now how do i see him as "fiercly patriotic and empathetic" as you do. I see him in the exact opposite light to be quite honest. Especially on the empathy front. Maybe we define empathy differently. You obviously support him. I dont. We both believe in Seths version of the nature of reality-which is why i joined this website- so ill leave it at that. Heres a link to my initial concern.
https://www.npr.org/2018/06/08/618263772/trump-administration-move-imperils-pre-existing-condition-protections

T.M.

This does raise something. We create our own reality, collectively as well. I wonder at times how much an individual can do in the face of a collective, one disagrees with. The Individual vs. a mass thought form.

Deb

I just had to add this quote. Lynda Dahl put it up on Facebook earlier today and it just seemed to be "sent" from Seth, the timing was too perfect:

"If you want to change your world, you must first change your thoughts, expectations, and beliefs.

If every reader of this book changed his or her attitudes, even though not one law was rewritten, tomorrow the world would have changed for the better. The new laws would follow."

The Individual and the Nature of Mass Events, Session 873

Quote from: T.M.
I wonder at times how much an individual can do in the face of a collective, one disagrees with.

That's an excellent question. Since we all create our individual realities, our personal reality or perception of reality changes when we change our thoughts/beliefs. But since we also create collectively, I'm not sure drastic changes would take place in the big picture. Such as if I believed a specific war never happened, would it not exist at all in my reality?  I need to do a little Seth research on that.

LarryH

This does raise something. We create our own reality, collectively as well. I wonder at times how much an individual can do in the face of a collective, one disagrees with. The Individual vs. a mass thought form.

The way I look at that is that, while we are in the same collective reality, our individual experience of that reality varies considerably. One may have chosen to be born at a time, place, and circumstance that is highly influenced by our collective reality, or that same collective reality may for another have little influence other than entertainment or mild concern regarding the nightly news. I try to remember not to obsess about my worst fears regarding political stuff because that just adds energy to those probabilities. Also, reacting to what might be, when it is not yet so, confuses the body and sends stress signals based on phantom threats.

T.M.

I'm just thinking of the telepathic environment of a mass thought form, and by virtue of size, how much it can potentially influence a person. I've wondered about that for awhile.
I don't get to caught up in news or politics much anymore :)

WindWalker

Quote from: LarryH

The way I look at that is that, while we are in the same collective reality, our individual experience of that reality varies considerably. One may have chosen to be born at a time, place, and circumstance that is highly influenced by our collective reality, or that same collective reality may for another have little influence other than entertainment or mild concern regarding the nightly news. I try to remember not to obsess about my worst fears regarding political stuff because that just adds energy to those probabilities. Also, reacting to what might be, when it is not yet so, confuses the body and sends stress signals based on phantom threats.

I agree wholeheartedly Larry and as ive said im mostly happy go lucky. The idea of going without much needed health insurance threw me for a loop and was a wake up call on how to better handle situations beyond my control that directly affect me. I appreciate your wisdom.