Astral Projection/OBEs/Lucid Dreams & Hypnagogia

Started by WindWalker, June 27, 2018, 12:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindWalker

I cant recall ever becoming lucid during a dream but i have had several OBEs/Astral Projections. The main difference i can think of is during an obe you actually experience the process of your consciousness move from the physical plane to a differwnt plane of existence that is much more thought responsive. Lucid dreams are very difficult to obtain unless you obsess 24/7 with intention. Astral projection on the other hand is fairly simple and i wish more people would give it a go. The number one thing you need to do is focus on the sleep/wake state while falling asleep and more importantly as you awaken from sleep. You need to do this every night and every time you awaken at night and in the morning so as it becomes second nature. You cant try it once a week and expect results. When you go to sleep focus on what is behind your eyelids and force yourself to remain awake even as your body relaxes. The closer you get to the mind awake body asleep "border" is where the hypnagogic magic begins. It is much easier to accomplish while you are awakening because your body is already asleep. When you awaken and first come to consciousness IMMEDIATELY relax as if you are going back to sleep BUT remain awake and conscious. Most times you will feel like you have awakened to much past the border of sleep and wake but that can be deceptive. It may seem as though you are wide awake because you have regained consciousness but your body may very well indeed be asleep. The most difficult part about awakening and attempting an obe is remembering that you wanted to attempt an obe. That is why you need to practice every single time you awaken and go to bed that you are going to attemtp an obe. It needs to be engrained in your mind which takes about a month to do so. You wont lose any noticeable sleep by practicing "consciousness awareness upon awakening" so there are no excuses not to attempt this. My "Woman" was totally skeptical herself about my obe experiences yet she has still been practicing remembering consciousness upon waking and setting intent and she herself has had several "close calls" where she was close to an obe but fear got in her way. Many times you encounter voices and very loud noises when you "hover" on the sleep wake line and it can be terrifying but it is vital you suppress all fear which is what she is currently working on. Last year i was in that "twitlite zone" between sleep/wake and i was having difficulty with seperation at that time, so i asked for "assistance" in seperating. This CREEPY voice came right up to my ear and said "My name is 'Locutus'......i will help you." And rather then be afraid i simply ignored the voice and had a semi projection. I later learned that "Locutus" was captain kirks borg named but this locutus said "Lo-Cute-us" instead of the single U. Also-i actually have had assistance in projecting. Its such a trip having someone "lift" you into a completely different realm of reality by pulling your astral body out of your physical body! It sounds completely insane yet it is all naturally true. Anyway-i truly hope some people give this post a read and attempt AP without relying on lucid dreams because it truly is as natural as awakening from sleep. It takes time to familiarise yourself with the different states of consciousness that you will experience in the hypnagogic state but it is well worth it. Also-most of my projections happen before i actually experience hypnagogia. The most important thing is remembering your intention upon waking even if it is 20 minutes later. Engrain your intent. Here are links to two free pdf books which i believe are the only must read obe books. "The Phase" by Michael Raduga is what you should read first because it is an easy read and he gets into very easy techniques-in the first chapter- that will have you projecting soon. The William Buhlman book is a great read about his experiences that align with Seths teachings nicely just as my own experiences do. Final note: Astral projection is mind blowing! I cannot think of anything the physical could offer that would one up AP sans possibly walking on the moon! Here are the two links for the two free books:

"The Phase"-
http://obe4u.com/files/the_phase.pdf

Adventures beyond the body:
http://www.baytallaah.com/bookspdf/132.pdf

Deb

Quote from: WindWalker
Dreams and projection of consciousness was the first book i read when i was re-lead back to Seth because i was re-lead back to Seth from interest in astral projection.

I'm glad you started another topic about AP. It's something very interesting to me. I read a couple of Monroe's books, have wanted to do his program for years.  I have some of his CDs. I actually got to visit TMI a few years ago, I just happened to be in the area. It's a beautiful setting. The enormous rose quartz is amazing. I also have Rick Stack's book and audio on AP as well, but have not done the audio yet.

Lucid dreams are very difficult to obtain unless you obsess 24/7 with intention.

I had my first ones completely unexpectedly after watching Inception. I guess it inspired me. I was having LDs for a while, was experimenting and then they went away for about a year. I just had one a few weeks ago. Elusive lucid dreams.

The hypnogogia is a lot fun for me, I experience it when I sometimes close my eyes for a few minutes mid-day (I can't actually completely fall asleep/nap) and especially in the morning when I wake up at some ungodly hour and then try to make myself get back to sleep. I actually like waking up too early now, only for that reason. I see the blobs of color first, sometimes a matrix of points, objects, faces, have even heard someone clearly say my name more than once. Some of the objects I see are very foreign to me, things I've never seen before, other-worldly, can barely comprehend them.

I've had a couple of very brief OBEs during this morning twilight state, have written about them here somewhere. I also had some helpers in my 2nd OBE who told me to observe what I was feeling and then wake up immediately so I would remember the experience.

I later learned that "Locutus" was captain kirks borg named but this locutus said "Lo-Cute-us" instead of the single U.

Funny how the mind works, I almost read that as "locate us."

Thanks for the two book links, I've already downloaded both PDFs. Yikes, the first one is 463 pages! Good thing time is an illusion, lol.

I really would love to experience an OBE that I can be lucid in AND remember for what it is. I should make that a priority for myself this summer. I will.

Can you share more details about your OBEs? Where you went, what you experienced? I remember Jane's account of visiting a house, a place she lived previously (?). Very interesting stuff for me.

I remember EstherHam saying, "If you understood how much you wanted to be in your body, you wouldn't be trying so hard to get out of it." Well, I want to experience everything available to me.

WindWalker

Deb
You are soooooo close to having frequent obes. Most people rarely see hypnagogic imagery so you are lucky because thats where it all happens. But instead of "waking up quickly" to record what youve seen before you forget you need to do the opposite. When you get the imagery,  relax (your body)  even more ie as if you were going back to sleep yet be sure to remain conscious. Hypnagogia is how most people have obes. Once you have relaxed even more into the hypnagogia it will become even clearer and ultimately you step into the scene literally by thinking of stepping into the scene. Upon wakening is usually the better time for obes to happen because you become conscious before your body is fully awake. You need to practice REMEBERING that you are going to attempt an obe upon awakening as the first thought that comes to mind. This is the most difficult part. Having the first conscious thought be "ok-i need to relax as if i am going back to sleep yet remain conscious now." Usually your first thoughts are about "what did i dream"or "what am i gonna do today" etc. Thats why you must remain diligent even if you dont remember until 20 minutes later just to be sure to stay in the daily habit of remembering. You need to do this every day or you will simply give up and only do it periodically. It takes about a month before it becomes second nature. Personally, i have "vibrations" which the majority of people dont seem to get and what used to terrify me i am now ever so thankful for because it has opened up a whole new world for me and it aligns with Seth perfectly. Actually experiencing our multidemensionality is beyond words for how frikken cool it is! Read Michael Radugas book first. You neednt read the entire book because he gets to the gist-techniques etc-immediately. The Buhlman book is great for understanding the dimensions he's experienced. This neednt be difficult. There is nothing magical or mystical about AP. It is as natural to us as sleep. You need to explore that sleep/wake line every time you awaken and every time you go to sleep. This is an absolute must. Staying awke before you fall asleep. Sleep usually wins out but when it doesnt it is sooooo worth it. It will get frustrating because nothing will happen for awhile but then BOOM-you have this mind blowing obe and it makes it all worth it. It is literally that simple Deb and i guarantee in no time at all you will be having obes-IF you remain diligent. You seem to be very close now! Ive read Monroe and every book i could get my hands on but you really neednt make it to difficult for yourself because the sleep/wake line is as simple as it gets. You need to familiarise yourself with this area of consciousness daily and you will slowly discover what works best for you. Im in touch with a few people around the world and we share some fabulous stories-ideas-new techniques etc. Ive developed my own "exit" technique because i would have vibrations and i could only get my legs or arms or whatever out. My new technique is to slowly move my right astral arm and grab my hair and pull my head out. Once the head is out the body easily follows. I think maybe because the crown chakra is in the head or maybe its simply because thats where our consciousness seems to reside. I did have a unique experience last week. For some reason i usually encounter mirrors. Usually i see myself as a 25ish year old man but this time i was a black man and i was in the black mans living room with his wife. I deduced i may have been a black man in what looked to be the 1930s or 40s. I really hope you dive head first without giving up because intent is the most important aspect of obes. Im obsessed with the obe phenomenon and it really makes Seths material jump out at you. Its so weird how i was re-lead back to Seth. I simply wasnt ready to take his stuff seriously in the 70s and i was synchronistically reintroduced only after i figured out that these vibrations ive been having for 40 years can easily turn into obes. Its been an incredible year.  Ok Deb. Take care! Ps. That twilite state is precisely what you want to explore. It seems otherworldly and spooky at times. The first recognition of coscioisness immediately try to go back asleep ie relaxing yet being sure to stay conscious. Experience is the best teacher.

WindWalker

One final thing (i promise!)-When you first awaken and are in that twilite, many times you are already ob but unaware. Radugas book "The phase" quickly gets into easy techniques where you essentially "stand up" after first awakening and bingo, you are ob. I know this sounds like nonsense but I've had several obes by simply standing up upon first awakening. The physical body is still asleep so when you stand up, what feels like your physical body is actually your astral body. You use the same reflex as you would as if it were your real body. The "Phase" speaks of "cycling"-where you cycle thru 3-5 quick techniques to attempt an obe while you are still actively in that "twilight" state upon first awakening. Again, i realise this sounds "to easy" but in truth the myraid AP books actually make it to difficult. I would be so excited for you if you started having obes. Or at least much more frequently then you've had up til now. By the way you talk about you having hypnagogia and lingering in the twilite it truly is only a matter of time if you really set your mind to it. Many people recommend setting an alarm after 4-6 hours of sleep to practice techniques but thats impractical for most people. All you need do is practice whenever you awaken during the night and when you first awaken in the AM-every single time. I also "hover" as best i can at the sleep wake line before sleep and constantly am trying to familiarize myself with that state of consciousness. Its almost as if you are jumping inside of your imagination and consciously experiencing your inner senses. Ive noticed my ego seems different during obes as well as my entire perception. Memory of the physical is skewed also while ob but to different degrees. My girlfriend has hypnic jerks which awaken me several times a night which is a bonus UNTIL she also has a hypnic jerk that pulls me back from my obe! Again-you should read the beginning of The Phase first to get the ball rolling the quickest. Take care and maybe see you in the astral!

Deb

Thank you for all of the information. I'm fascinated with lucid dreaming, just love it, and also OBEs but for some reason I've had more luck with LDs. I will not give up, so no worries there. And I really enjoy the twilight state, it's incredibly interesting with all of the imagery, it's entertaining because I see things that are beyond my own imagination. I've never had an experience that actually scared me.

For some reason i usually encounter mirrors.

I've had a couple of lucid dreams where I looked for mirrors to see myself (an experiment suggested by a LD web site). That's the only time I was a bit unsettled--the first time I saw myself I was a stranger, and then was morphing into different people, one after another. It woke me up. The next time I was prepared and eventually I morphed into the me that I know. I wondered whether it was my other incarnations that I saw.

Personally, i have "vibrations" which the majority of people dont seem to get and what used to terrify me i am now ever so thankful for because it has opened up a whole new world for me and it aligns with Seth perfectly.

Do you mean like this?

Quote from: Deb
In the dream, I was lying on a cot of some sort, my arms at my sides. There was one person standing to my left and one to my right. I started to feel my hands vibrating very strongly, an odd but not frightening sensation. The feeling made its way up my arms, to my shoulders. I remember thinking, "I remember this, I've done this before." It felt so familiar. It seemed to be a precursor to a full OBE. I was told by the person standing over me, to my right, that I needed to wake up right then so I could remember the experience. I was disappointed to have to do so, but did as I was told. My arms were still tingling when I woke up, and they did so for 10-15 minutes more.

Do your OBEs seem to last a long time? Do you travel around the world? Beyond?

I was curious about how one exits the body, some people suggest rolling out. I guess I'll have to figure something out when the time comes. Like you did -- resourceful.

OK so I'm going to take a break now and read some of the Raduga book. I'm also a little sleepy, was up early, have gotten a lot done in this blistering heat. I'll probably also close my eyes for a few minutes and search for the imagery. I did watch the documentary on the Raduga web site. It was weird seeing the human Barbie doll starring in it, but it gave me a heads up to what's in the book.

Radugas book "The phase" quickly gets into easy techniques where you essentially "stand up" after first awakening and bingo, you are ob. I know this sounds like nonsense but I've had several obes by simply standing up upon first awakening. The physical body is still asleep so when you stand up, what feels like your physical body is actually your astral body.

That's interesting, it must be the sleep paralysis which allows that to happen. I'll try it in the morning.

Take care and maybe see you in the astral!

Hah, that would be cool. I was thinking today I'd like to get myself into one of Ron Card's "We Are Seth" classes in F2, it would be fun to see Rob, Jane and Ron... and hopefully remember the experience since we supposedly do that every night anyway.

WindWalker

It does sound like you experienced the "vibes" Deb. Normally i experience vibrations before i have entered the dream state and the vibrations are what allow me to enter the ob state. They are a strong inner vibration that spread throughout the body but seem mainly focused in the head that can fluctuate greatly or just be full on strong. They happen to me between the sleep/wake state or sometimes i awaken at night with vibrations which bring me to consciousness/awareness. Then i totally relax during the vibes usually until i can see through closed eyelids and then i use the "pull my hair" exit technique and presto chango you have entered into i suppose the dream construct fully conscious. These experiences have allowed me to believe Seths material all the more because you actually interact with non physical beings. It really is a trip! A lucid dream is essentially the same thing as an obe. Most obe'ers enter the ob state through hypnagogic imagery from what i surmise which makes the vibrations seem more mysterious to me because you experience the entire process from being wide awake to having these inner vibrations to being in a different "dimension" if you will-without ever having gone to sleep. Ive experienced obes through hypnagogia-lucid dreams(1-2times) and vibrations. Ive also had vibrations during a dream in which you describe which is odd because you are already out of body when you are dreaming. The few times ive had vibrations during a dream, i didnt project from within the dream because i awoke during the vibrations, but again you are already ob when you are in a dream so i believe i was simply dreaming of having vibrations. Regardless-whenever i have vibes they immediately bring me to conscious awareness. I think it may be as simple as witnessing the entire REM process that the brain goes through every night before a dream,  ie everybody has vibrations and they are the means for the brain to ready our consciousness to go into the dream state-its just we normally sleep thru the vibrations. Sometimes i wonder how ancient people dealt with obes. When John wrote the book of revelation he says he was taken up in spirit. Maybe he was having an obe? I think many mythologies and/or religious texts may have been written by people who experienced obes. Most people say obes or lucid dreams are "just dreams" but what the Seth material has done for me has made me realise the importance and REALITY of "just" a dream. When you do have these experiences Deb you must set your intent on what you want to do because your physical memory usually goes out the window while ob. You need to use one or two word phrases that are easily engrained in your mind. Example: when i first discovered i could go ob through these vibrations i decided i wanted to experience "Christ consciousness." Well-my last obe i ended up staring in a mirror and instead of saying "I want to experience Christ comsciousness" i instead said as i looked in the mirror "i am jesus christ" over and over and then my face started distorting with bulged eyes so i quickly started saying "i am love-i am love" in which my face returned to normal. I now have it engrained in my mind to think "higher self now" instead of christ consciousness. Another thing you learn quickly is to use thought versus being verbal. Ive awoken myself several times by talking instead of using my mind. This phenomenon is literally a training ground for what Seth teaches. The physical is the same thing except it takes longer for your intent to manifest. That seems to be why we are here on this planet. To teach us our thoughts/intents create our reality. When you are ob that reality is created immediately, ie it is 100% thought responsive and that takes some serious getting used to! The number one thing is to have NO fear. Engrain in your mind that you are the captain of your own ship and nothing can harm you. Ob is a great place to face your fears. If you see something scary go up to it and hug it if you are able to. If not simply say "be gone" and whatever is scaring you will disappear. Again-the two most important things are relax and be fearless. My very first obe when i decided to face the fear that these vibrations created i was shot thru the stars......absolutely hauling ass! I didnt use an exit technique or anything. I simply allowed the vibes to continue and boom. Hauling ass. So in closing: my vibes happen at the sleep/wake border ie where hypnagogia occurs. I think we are consciously tapping into the mechanism that creates dreams where normally we are asleep. Thats why it is the utmost importance to explore that area of consciousness every time you go to sleep and even more so upon wakening. I think Jane may have been close to that area when she went in trance channeling Seth. They are all different focuses of consciousness. Its that simple. Ok. I ve blabbersd to much. Take care! Ooops-Ps: also, these arent literal out of body experiences where you are traveling "the real time zone." This is closer to "inner body experiences" where you explore the inner realms of consciousness. Ive had many obes where the environment was similar to the real time zone yet i could tell it wasnt. One more thing: in one of my obes i set my intent "to analyse the environment to see how 'real' it felt to me" and i was able to do that and it seemed every bit as real-if not even more so-then the physical does. Your memory will be skewed Deb. Not as skewed as a regular dream memory is skewed but it is along those same lines. Thats another reason why intent is so important. Intent on having an obe and intent on your goal once you are obe. But since you are just starting out you should simply desire to experience the environment until you get your "wheels." Later! Pss. Dang it! One LAST thing. I wouldnt be surprised if i have an obe tonight because i have essentially obsessed about it today in writting this message. The more you can keep the concept of obe in your mind the higher the liklihood itll happen. I now this sounds like wishful thinking but it is absolutely true and everybody who's had obes will tell you the more they think about the subject and especially read about it just before bed they will all tell you it increases the liklihood of having an obe. Whew!

usmaak

I recall having one, a long time ago, sometime in the late 80s.  I was laying on my side, sleeping.  i felt myself rise above my body and roll over.  I could clearly see the Christmas light that I had in my window.  Then I freaked out and woke up.  In the intervening years, I've questioned whether that was just a really memorable dream.

For a few years, I lived with my step family and they always swore that the house in which we lived was haunted.  I figured that it was just "scare the new step brother" type of stuff.  One night I was sleeping and I swear that I saw this red light floating above my bed.  Freaked me way the hell out and I slept with the light on for a few weeks after. lol

WindWalker

"Freaking out" surely will awaken you Usmaak! Thats why the most important aspect of obes is to have zero fear, along with relaxing.  And when you really think about it, what can harm you? Nothing. The fear is totally unfounded. My initial fear was greatly assuaged by the fact that every book i have ever read about obes not a single person was harmed by doing so. Not one. On another note Deb, just as i predicted in an above post that i would probably have an obe because i was so focused on it yesterday, essentially came true except the actual obe. I awoke to vibrations at 3am last night and i relaxed into them and they began to get stronger.....then i started hearing voices-which usually happens during vibrations-but then my girlfriend moved which pulled me out of the vibrations. Many nights you may get a "knowing" that something is gonna happen. Its very bizarre. Even though my Gfriend awakened me she is also the one who assists my vibes.....i think. She moves frequently thru out the night and i believe her minor movements is what disturbs my sleep just enough not to fully awaken me yet bring me awake enough to hover at the sleep/wake line and have vibrations or imagery. On another note i wanted to mention Jane had obes and taught them in her classes and its how she discovered "The Physical Universe As Idea Construction,"-which essentially came before Seth i believe. Seth always espouses our multidimensionality and we can actually experience this for ourselves thru obes which is why i wish more people would take it seriously and understand its simplicity. Most people blow it off because they believe you must be psychic or mystic or whatever or else they havent the time. But in truth it is a natural human function that occurs at the sleep/wake border which couldnt be any simpler. Everybody could do this if they simply put in the time and the experience is sooooooo worth it. I really dont mean to harp, its just i wish everyone could experience this phenomenon and i KNOW they could if they only tried. Not try for just one or two nights. You must be borderline obsessive and keep the idea in your mind as much as possible and read books on it. The idea of Jane and Seth is mind blowing but actually experiencing your own multidimensionality and experiencing non physical beings first hand is even more mind blowing. That is what much of Seths teachings are about. Instead of veiwing a pretty flower actually experience what its like to be a flower. The same goes for obes. Its fun to read about the phenomenon but it is meant to experience for yourself. Sorry for blabbering.

Deb

Well it finally happened again!

This morning I was lying on my back, trying to fall back to sleep and I had that whole-body impossibly strong vibration thing start up. Since I've had it happen before and knew what it was (precursor to OBE), I just relaxed and went with it. It started in my feet and worked its way up and out of my head. After that was over I just felt my body pleasantly tingling. Then I felt like a magnet was pulling me upward. I felt like I was lifted up and turned 90° clockwise. I was drifting towards a corner in the bedroom, feet first, and was afraid I was going to go into the wall and get stuck. At that point I felt myself lowered back into my body.

I hope it happens again soon and I make it a little further on my journey!

jbseth

Hi Deb,

That's really awesome.  :)

While meditating over the years, I've had the experience of feeling my "essense" return to my body on 2 separate occasions, but I've never felt it leave.

I'm sure it will happen again for you.

Keep at it and thanks for sharing this with us.

-jbseth

WindWalker

Good for you Deb! They are mind blowing experiences when they occur. Maybe set an intent in your mind now. The excitement of it happening can be overwhelming, ie you are so excited a person forgets what to do when they are out! Engrain in your mind whatever you want to do, so the next time it is an automatic response once you are out, ie "what do I do now?". When you are out it seems more difficult to remember your "physical" mind hence the need to engrain a single or two at the most intents. Also, write everything down from your intents, the experience itself etc and read books on ap. Just having all that in your mind will make it occur more often. William Buhlman has a free pdf of his book "out of body adventures" which is a great primer before you go to sleep. Its great you got out so easily. Many people cant get past the vibrations and most people never even have vibes to begin with because they don't seek them out like you did.  Continue focusing on that sleep/wake border. Just a suggestion.  So happy for you!

Deb

Quote from: jbseth
While meditating over the years, I've had the experience of feeling my "essense" return to my body on 2 separate occasions, but I've never felt it leave.

I read some where some time (lol) that when we have that "startle" reaction when falling asleep it's because we are on our way out of the physical body, we realize it on some level, and snap back in.

Engrain in your mind whatever you want to do, so the next time it is an automatic response once you are out, ie "what do I do now?".

Great idea, I did that with lucid dreaming and some experiments I wanted to do. But it's been a while since I've had a lucid dream and too long since I felt that vibration. I did read Bob Monroe's book on out of body and bought Rick Stack's audio about the same thing, but still have not had the time to go through all of Rick's DVD.

I love that early morning twilight state between sleep and awake, I have the most interesting semi-dreams, experiences, hear things... that in itself is an adventure.