Recent OBE....opinions?

Started by WindWalker, July 06, 2018, 03:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindWalker

I thought id post my most recent obe in hopes it interests some people and to get opinions. Before sleep i was reading "Explorations in consciousness: a new look at out of body experiences" which i highly recommend. I always read an obe book before sleep as it engrains my intent all the more which aligns precisely with Seths "beliefs" ideology. Anyway-i consciously fought sleep for an hour or so and tried to "hover" at the sleep/wake line without falling asleep. I felt a brief "shift" which is a quick change in perception ie which happens when you go to sleep for a microsecond but remain conscious before actually falling asleep. This is always my cue to relax deeper and then that shift will turn into vibrations which it did. I was laying on my left side which is odd because usually they happen while on my back. The vibes started out weak until i completely relaxed in which they gained intensity and i slowly moved my right arm (astral arm)  towards my head to grab my hair to pull my head out-which is my newest exit technique- and much to my surprise someone grabbed my elbow and i said "pull pull" so they could pull me out of my body. As i was coming out of my body i was looking to see who was pulling me and suddenly i was standing up in a different bedroom face to face with one of my best friends here in the physical. My surroundings were that of like an apartment and it was as if my friend helped me out of bed in that apartment. As i stood face to face with my friend i said "whats up" and he said "nothing" before i zapped back to my body. His appearance was different then the physical ie he had no beard and he was wearing a wide brimmed hat that safari explorers wear. It seemed natural to have him let himself into my abode ie as if he had a key and he came their in the morning and awoke me from sleep and helped me out of bed. It was such a trip feeling him grab my elbow during vibrations and in one fell swoop i stood up in a different reality. It seemed as if it were REALLY my apartment and i KNEW him in that reality. He is painfully shy in physical reality whereas he seemed only slightly reserved during the obe. I honestly believe that was one of my actualized probable realities and me and my friend are buddies in that reality. Normally the surroundings seem foreign during my obes but this place i felt right at home as if it were really my abode and it was natural for my friend to just show himself in early in the morning as if we had something planned to do. From my understanding of Seth this was just another actualized reality in which i have access to. Or possibly a simulataneous reincarnational being? If i am accessing that aspect of myself then what happened to that part of me that was already accessing that part of myself before i briefly interjected during the obe? This shit can get deep!  All i know is it was super frikken cool! Any other thoughts or ideas what i encountered? Thanks!

Deb

Quote from: WindWalker
Before sleep i was reading "Explorations in consciousness: a new look at out of body experiences" which i highly recommend. I always read an obe book before sleep as it engrains my intent all the more which aligns precisely with Seths "beliefs" ideology

OK, well thanks for that tip and I have to say that watching Inception definitely helped launch my own lucid dreaming experiences.

While I can't contribute any useful input into your dream at the moment, it was very interesting for me and reminded me of an extraordinary dream experience I had several years ago in a supposedly haunted cabin. My experience involved several layers of awareness and I'm still puzzling over it. I suppose I should write about it.

BTW I have been specifically working on having an OBE since you've shared your experiences, to no avail. I don't know why, I have no fears in this area, am very open to it, but can't seem to expand my experience on a conscious level. I know eventually I'll get it.

WindWalker

It will happen for you Deb if you continue to engrain the idea in your mind every night before sleep. The most important thing is upon waking at night and when you awaken in the morning. I awaken a few times thruOut the night which gives me a few chances each night to have an obe. You neednt do "energy work" nor even meditate.....ever. The entire phenomenon lies between the sleep/wake state so focus on exploring that area every single time you first awaken. When you first regain consciousness from sleep immediatley relax as if you were trying to go back to sleep but remain awake. Explore that are of consciousness every single time you awaken. Thats the difficult part-REMEMBERING that you imtended to explore that sleep/wake border. Thats why you must do it every single time, even when you have forgotten to do so-dont give up in trying to remember.  After awhile it will become second nature and will indeed be the first hought that comes in your mind. If you only non chalantly attempt to remember you will end up blowing off the entire process and resign yourself that you are simply unable to project-which isnt true because you will eventually project more and more if your sole focus at night is to do so and you practice exploring the sleep/wake border every time you first awaken. Thats not a difficult thing to do. Ive been encouraging my girlfriend the past couple months to do this and she had her first obe last night. She said she awoke at night and relaxed while remaining awake and she heard these "zaps." She then actually fell back asleep for a couple minutes and those zaps turned to vibrations in which she fearlessly relaxed and simply "rolled out" of her body and walked into what essentially looked like our kitchen then she awoke back in the physical. My point being is she has been trying this technique for two months and is finally showing results. Shes had "zaps" before but which never turned into an obe. You may not experience vibrations. It may be imagery or voices or......? Thats why you need to continually explore that sleep/wake area to see what it presents to you and to familiarize your self with it. Most times you will either fall back to sleep or fully awaken. But sometimes something bizzare will happen and it will occur more and more as you engrain in your mind your intention. You cant do this one night a week. It must be every time so as to fully set your intention and make it second nature. You also cant expect anything to happen overnight. It may but it may also take a couple months as it has for my Gfriend. Take care! Ope....ps-I honestly believe these ob experiemces are the probable realities that Seth speaks about. Robert Monroe-William Buhlman and all the other best selling OBE authors also feel these obes are another reality in a different "focus" of consciousness which aligns perfectly with Seth. The key word being "real." Most people believe dreams are "just dreams" but these realities seem every bit as real as the physical. Sometimes even more so as if you are hyper aware. Experiencing these realities for yourself should be everybodys goal who is into this theosophical type literature. It is sooooo much simpler then people believe it to be ie you simply "hover" and explore the border between sleep/wake every time you awaken-being diligent to do it every single time so as it becomes second nature, and you will eventually notice strange goings on there. Once you start experiencing bizzare happenings yourself it actually makes going to bed seem like an adventure! I hope i am not sounding repetitive and "harpy" but i wish everybody in the world experienced this phenomenon and honestly believe they would if they put fourth the effort and never gave up. My Gfriend is a perfect example. Shes agnostic/borderline atheist and she is beginning to have her own experiences just as im sure you will if you stick to the simple "hover" formula. Also-i am curious your take/opinion of what these ob realities are, ie do you align them with Seths probable realities or.......? Also-your take on people having "just dreams." Id like everybodies take for that matter! Ok then. Take care Deb!

Deb

Quote from: WindWalker
It will happen for you Deb if you continue to engrain the idea in your mind every night before sleep. The most important thing is upon waking at night and when you awaken in the morning.

Thank you WindWalker, I know it will happen. I've actually been focused on that twilight area for a couple of years and I can consciously tell when I dip into the dream state and back out of it again. I've been waking up at around 3 am for years, spend a lot of time exploring the spacey place of my internal vision during that time. I have some of the best and strangest dreams when (if) I finally fall back to sleep. I also do this when I'm very tired in the late afternoon. I can't nap, but will go into that twilight area to experience things.

I can't remember if I mentioned one morning, maybe a year or two ago, I found myself floating against my bedroom ceiling. I could see every little detail in the paint's texture. Then I started to fall back down to my bed at speed and thought I'd crash. But I just gently slipped back into myself. Just like those great cabinet drawers at IKEA. No slam.