Doctor Has Life After Death Experience And Is Not Afraid To Die

Started by chasman, July 25, 2018, 10:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deb

Thanks for sharing this, an amazing story and I would say from a very reliable source. I bet her book reads like Jill Bolt Taylor's Stroke of Insight TED talk: a doctor objectively taking mental notes on what is happening to her body from a medical standpoint.

"This was more real than anything we experience here on earth." "I have no fear." I've heard that enough times that it's left an impression on me. I've read more than a few near-death experience stories and while the initial experience on the "other side" can be very different depending on a person's beliefs (some people see angels, some people see Jesus, others a light at the end of a tunnel) and Seth does say we initially take our beliefs with us, the consensus is usually the same: an overwhelming sense of pure love, a feeling we can't imagine from this earthly perspective. Many people don't want to come back from their NDE. Those that do no longer fear death and look forward to going back "there."

My favorite account of NDE is from Anita Moorjani. I've listened her "Dying to be Me" three times. She mentioned the NDE Research Foundation in the book, and here's her accounting http://www.nderf.org/Experiences/1anita_m_nde.html (go to Experience Description). There is a whole section on NDE stories on the website.

What I especially loved about Anita's book was her tying together her upbringing, living most of her life trying to be what other people wanted her to be because of her beliefs that she was somehow "wrong" (didn't fit the mold) and how her beliefs resulted in her illness. In her NDE she instantly understood what caused her to become so ill. She came back her body, knowing it was completely healed and has since devoted her life to teaching people that we need to embrace, honor and share our unique selves. Otherwise we self-destruct. Our uniqueness serves a purpose, and when we deny our uniqueness and try instead to be who we "think" we should be, we deny ourselves and all of creation the experience of who we are.

Very Seth stuff from Anita:

"I was shown how illnesses start on an energetic level before they become physical. If I chose to go into life, the cancer would be gone from my energy, and my physical body would catch up very quickly. I then understood that when people have medical treatments for illnesses, it rids the illness only from their body but not from their energy so the illness returns."

"I was 'shown' that everything going on in our lives was dependent on this energy around us, created by us. Nothing was solid - we created our surroundings, our conditions, etc. depending where this 'energy' was at."

She also talks about reincarnational relationships with the people in her life, pre-life plans with them and that while we are all unique we still a part of the greater whole.

"After what I have seen, I realize that absolutely anything is possible, and that we did not come here to suffer. Life is supposed to be great, and we are very, very loved."

jbseth

Hi Chasman,

Thanks for sharing. I love these NDE stories.

I'm find it exciting that there are now several people in the medical community who've had a NDE and as far as I know, they are all pretty much claiming that these are valid experiences.

jbseth

jbseth

Hi All,

Here's something similar having to do with a psychic medium.

At the end of the video, I particularly like the realistic feel of the news commentators reactions in regards to the psychic reading this man did for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF7g0d4VSYQ

chasman

wow, Deb and jbseth, thank you super extra much for your excellent replies.
Deb, thank you for all you wrote.
I started reading the link. read a little. read a couple Amazon book reviews.
and bought the book.
jbseth, thank you, very interesting video.
here's a video I found today.
I'm only 10 minutes into it. fascinating so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RGizqsLumo&t=600s

jbseth

Hi Chasman, Hi All,

I always thought that the Pam Reynolds NDE experience was really interesting too.

Pam Reynolds was placed in deep hypothermic cardiac arrest so that doctors could remove an aneurysm from her brain. During this procedure, after lowering her body temperature to 60 degrees, and while she was clinically dead, (flatline EEG, no brain stem function and no blood flow) Pam had a NDE.

During this NDE she described, the strange way her head was shaved, the odd saw that the doctors used and the some of the conversation that took place while she was dead. Then she went into a tunnel and met dead relatives. 

Later, after her aneurysm was removed, she was brought back to life and all went well.

Check it out at the website below.

https://www.near-death.com/science/evidence/people-have-ndes-while-brain-dead.html

jbseth

chasman

jbseth

Hi All,

One of the reasons that I find NDE's so interesting is that in the mid 1960s, my Mom told me that she had what we now call a NDE, back in the 1950's when she had an operation. In the mid 1960's, nobody had a name for this type of experience and people generally didn't talk about these things because if you did, most people thought you were crazy.

I remember my Mom telling me that it was the most wonderful experience she ever had. She said that she felt like she was just floating in the air and was surrounded by this very deep feeling of love. Then somebody (she said thought that it was Jesus) communicated with her and told her that she had to go back. She told me that she didn't want to go back but then felt that maybe she should, so that she could be there for her children (my brothers, sisters and me) as they grew up. The next thing she knew, she was back in her body.

She said that didn't really know whether she had actually died or not while on the operating table, because the doctors didn't talk about that, but she did recall that they seemed very worried about her during her recovery.

After telling me this, she told me that she absolutely had no fear of dying, when it was her time to go.

I noticed that Doctor Mary Neal in the video posted by chasman, also seems to share that same sentiment.

There's one level of believability that occurs when someone you don't know talks about this type of experience, but there's a whole other level that occurs, when its you're own parent, who you know to be honest and trustworthy and they tell you about such an experience, years before anyone else was even talking about them.

As you can imagine, this had a major impact on me as it led me to wonder about the real purpose and meaning of life.

I just thought I'd share this with you as you might find it interesting.

jbseth

chasman

thank you very much jbseth.
that is so very comforting and good to hear.
thank you so very much.

Deb

WOW and THIS has been a great topic, very informative.

Chasman, glad you bought Anita's book. As I mentioned I listened to it 3 times. Then I was at a Hayhouse conference a few years ago and Anita was one of the speakers. I ended up buying a hardback copy of her book so I could get her to sign it.

I did read the Pam Reynolds accounting, very interesting and it seems she stirred up a lot of reactions, research, debates from a variety of scholars. I haven't had time yet to watch the two longer videos but plan do so later today.

Quote from: jbseth
One of the reasons that I find NDE's so interesting is that in the mid 1960s, my Mom told me that she had what we now call a NDE,

Thank you so much for this information! Yes, it makes a big difference either having a personal experience or being closely involved with someone trusted who has an experience. That takes acceptance to a new level.

Being a skeptic, the first question that pops up in my mind when someone says they had what I consider an extraordinary experience (based on what we normally accept as reality) is "why are they doing this, what do they have to gain from it?" There are all sorts of reasons for the "why," most often attention or money, but then there as those people who are more low key about it. I had gotten that impression from Anita, Dr. Neal (video in the first post in this topic). Not so sure about Even Alexander, although his story is still extraordinary. Apparently Carl Jung had a NDE, I'll see if I can turn up anything about that.

Update:
That was easy. :)  https://www.near-death.com/experiences/notable/carl-jung.html. This gave me chills:

"I had everything that I was, and that was everything."

"There I would at last understand - this too was a certainty - what historical nexus I or my life fitted into. I would know what had been before me, why I had come into being, and where my life was flowing. My life as I lived it had often seemed to me like a story that has no beginning and end. I had the feeling that I was a historical fragment, an excerpt for which the preceding and succeeding text was missing. My life seemed to have been snipped out of a long chain of events, and many questions had remained unanswered."

It's worth reading, really fascinating. Seems he had some OBEs after his experience.

One of his takeaways:

"We shy away from the word "eternal," but I can describe the experience only as the ecstasy of a non-temporal state in which present, past, and future are one."

"I might formulate it as an affirmation of things as they are: an unconditional "yes" to that which is, without subjective protests acceptance of the conditions of existence as I see them and understand them, acceptance of my own nature, as I happen to be. At the beginning of the illness I had the feeling that there was something wrong with my attitude, and that I was to some extent responsible for the mishap. But when one follows the path of individuation, when one lives one's own life, one must take mistakes into the bargain; life would not be complete without them."

Here's a short video of him talking about death (sound quality not so great):
https://youtu.be/LOxlZm2AU4o

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Wow, thanks for sharing.

I never knew that Carl Jung had a NDE. That's really fascinating. I haven't checked out the website or video you posted yet because I have a lot going on today, but I will. I probably won't get to it until sometime tomorrow but I'm looking forward to it. :)

I've always wondered how it was that he came up with his idea for the "mass collective unconscious". I wonder if it had something to do with his NDE?

jbseth

chasman

thank you so very much Deb. for all you wrote.
it is such a joy to read your posts. awesome that you listened to Anita's book 3 times. wow!!
I just watched the Carl Jung video a couple days ago.
if you scroll down in the comments, someone has tried to transcribe it.
they say they may have made mistakes.
I think one may that the word "hopefully" should replace the word "properly".
the point is that people are happier and live better, when they live hopefully.
and thank you again jbseth for all you wrote too.
I was just talking about Carl Jung and the collective unconscious with a friend today.

jbseth

Hi Chasman, Hi All,

Another one of my favorite NDE stories comes from the book, "After the Light" by Kimberly Clark Sharp. Basically this is a story about a woman who had a heart attack and then a NDE. During her NDE, she saw a shoe sitting outside of the hospital on a ledge. Kim, was able to go to the specific location outside of the hospital and actually found the shoe, as described by the NDE patient, on the ledge.

Here's a site that talks about this specific story in more detail.

http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/Articles/barbara_obe.htm

jbseth

jbseth

Hi All,

Along with the book "Dying to be Me", by Anita Moorjani, as mentioned by Deb above, I also found the 2 books, "Near Death in the ICU", by Dr. Lauren Bellg and "Glimpses of Eternity" by Dr. Raymond A. Moody, to be very interesting.

Lauren has been a MD in the intensive Care Unit (ICU) of a hospital for many years and she shares some very interesting experiences. Once again, here's a doctor who works in the medical profession who has a much more open view of NDE's; see the Amazon website below.

https://www.amazon.com/Near-Death-ICU-Laurin-Bellg/dp/0996510303/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1516852597&sr=8-6&keywords=near+death+experience+books

Dr. Moody is the man who is famous for initiating the dialog about NDE's back in the 1970's. Here in this book, he shares some very interesting stories on "Shared Death Experiences"; see the Amazon website below.

https://www.amazon.com/Glimpses-Eternity-Sharing-Loved-Passage/dp/0692655573/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1510062927&sr=8-1&keywords=glimpses+of+eternity&dpID=41OZDW1VfLL&preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

I apologize if I'm being overbearing here. I find this topic extremely interesting given my mothers personal story and I've read a lot about it over the years.

jbseth

jbseth

Hi All,

Finally, I'm also aware of (no pun intended) a doctor, a Dr. Sam Parnia, a medical doctor who has organized and is actually performing a study across several hospitals, in the US and the U. K. called the AWARE study, where they are actually trying to prove NDE's.

In this study, they have set up some images above the hospital beds, such that if the patient has a NDE and during this NDE they have an OBE, then they can then report back what the image above their bed looks like. It all sounds pretty legitimate.

Here's a link about this AWARE study.

https://iands.org/news/news/front-page-news/1060-aware-study-initial-results-are-published.html

jbseth

chasman

jbseth,
    super extra very thank you for all you posted.
all fascinating to the max!!!    :)