Author Topic: GOOD NEWS  (Read 46 times)

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
The focus of "nothing but bad news" in the media has inspired me to counter that effect with this new topic of Good News. My goal is to find at least one article per week from the media that either has an uplifting story and shows the good in people or is just plain interesting and entertaining. Sort of a counter approach to the "Watching the News Dilemma" topic that was so popular here.

You know me, I'll probably also try to find an appropriate Seth quote to go with each news item.

I'll just add new posts to this topic when I find good news. I'd love for the rest of you to add some too when you find something uplifting or interesting.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 02:54:39 PM by Deb »

Offline Deb

• Administrator
    • Like us on Facebook!
A retired teacher helped country mega-star Keith Urban pay for a cup of coffee at a Burlington County Wawa Friday -- not realizing who the shaggy-haired crooner was.

Then Urban, who played the BB&T Pavilion in Camden on Friday, posed for a picture outside the store with a blushing Ruth Reed.

My favorite story of the day is how my 3rd grade teacher thought @KeithUrban was down on his luck and couldn't pay for his wawa snacks so she bought them for him. What an angel. pic.twitter.com/mJccVOQWtp
-- Olivia Rose Prouse (@liverdiverz) August 4, 2018

The picture has gone viral after being posted to a Medford Facebook group where it has generated more than 350 comments and been shared more than 3,000 times.

A former student of Reed also tweeted the photo of Reed and her explanation of what happened.

"For three years, I have made a resolution to once a week treat someone at Wawa. Occasionally it happens more than once a week," she explained. "This man was short a few dollars. He asked a lady with him if she had money. I jumped in and said I would pay and explained why. He thanked me and asked my name. I asked him his and he told me it was Keith. I said that he did look like Keith Urban. He said he was."

Dozens of former students and parents of students who were taught by Reed chimed in.

https://www.nj.com/burlington/index.ssf/2018/08/keith_urban_stops_for_coffee_at_nj_wawa_retired_te.html

Offline Deb

• Administrator
    • Like us on Facebook!
Excerpts, a link to the entire article is at the end.  8)

IN 1966 over 300 children and staff from a Melbourne school reportedly witnessed multiple UFOs silently flying through the sky before landing in a nearby field.

It is the largest mass UFO sighting in Australia yet hardly anything was reported on it at the time.

. . .

Throughout all the years of speculation there has been one particularly interesting peace of audio that’s been greatly overlooked.

An American physicist known for his research into UFOs, Dr James E. McDonald, conducted an interview with a science teacher from the Westall school, Andrew Greenwood, who witnessed the event.

. . .

When he went outside he noticed a group of children looking towards the northeast area of the school grounds and as he approached them he claims he saw a UFO hovering close to the powerline.

Mr Greenwood described it as a round, silver object about the size of a car with a metal rod sticking up in the air.

According to Dr McDonald, the teacher then told him five planes came and surrounded the object as more people began gathering to watch the scene before them.

“He called it the most amazing flying he had ever seen in his life,” Dr McDonald said.

“The planes were doing everything possible to approach the object and he said how they all avoided collision he will never know.

“Every time they got too close to the object it would slowly accelerate, then rapidly accelerate and then move away from them and stop. Then they would take off after it again and the same thing would happen.”

This game of cat and mouse reportedly went on for about 20 minutes and by this time Mr Greenwood said 350 children and staff were watching on.

Suddenly the UFO shot away and vanished within seconds and it was at this point the headmaster came out and ordered everyone to go back to class.

Over the years there were reports that the government tried to cover up the incident and stop witnesses from talking, but Mr Greenwood claimed it was the headmaster that first tried to squash discussion of the incident.

“He gave the school a lecture and told the children they would be severely punished if they talked about this matter and told the staff they could lose their jobs if they mentioned it at all,” Dr McDonald said.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/audio-reveals-creepy-details-of-australian-ufo-mystery/news-story/471c724255b0388ee4e930a4d35028e7

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
The opposite of black:
Twelve divided by two (word):