Teal Swan

Started by T.M., August 11, 2018, 09:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T.M.

Hi All,

I've been listening to Teal Swan off and on for a few years. As with any teacher these days, some people love her and others scream she's a fraud.  Personally, I enjoy her explanations of the mechanics of how experience/energy works.
I think she is well aware of Seth and his writings, regardless, I find her material dovetails nicely with his. I think she also touches upon subjects and themes most won't, and is very much in touch with today's societal challenges and mindset.

Teal Swan, YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1KIUp4PNCyIwCPTq1hYzWQ

jbseth

Hi T.M.,

I just watched the Tutorial for Life video by Teal Swan.
She sounds pretty enlightened to me.

Thanks for sharing.

jbseth

jbseth

Hi T.M.,

Since I don't know very much about Teal Swan, I just did a internet search about her and took a look at the 2 internet articles below.  One indicates something negative about how she is promoting herself in regards to suicides and the other indicates that she may just be copying other peoples work (like Byron Katie, Abraham Hicks and Michael Brown) for self promotion. 

I do believe that it is possible for someone to do this, but given the sad state of the news media today, who knows what is really true in this regard to Teal Swan.

jbseth

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/the-wrap/article/Who-Is-Teal-Swan-Meet-the-Spiritual-Guru-Who-12998229.php

https://medium.com/@bescofield/the-gucci-guru-inside-teal-swans-posh-cult-36168edaf62f

T.M.

Hi Jbseth,

Yep the media loves to hate her. Personally I think her vids speak for themselves, that's just me :)
I think if anyone actually watches her vid on suicide, it will become immediately clear just how blown out of proportion the media makes her out to be.

Like I originally said some people love her and others scream she's a fraud. I heard of Byron Katie because of Teal, who recommended her.
Imo, the bulk of today's teachers all engage in self promotion, and borrowing the works of others. To a certain extent, a concept is a concept. It's not the exclusive domain of one author.
Abraham Hicks is all pretty much reworded Seth, yet Jerry and Esther rarely if ever get called out for it.
I enjoy her explanations of the mechanics of how experience/energy works.
She is one of the rare few that can, Imo.
She's not for everyone

jbseth

Hi T.M.,

In regards to Teal Swan, this is interesting. I'm beginning to practice more often, taking the time to tune in with myself, to seek out answers. This is kind of like what I believe you said earlier, the teachers can only take us so far.

What I seem to be picking up "intuitively" right now for myself is this, when you've already got so many great spiritual sources like Seth and others, why concern yourself with Teal.

I think that this is a message for me as I travel on my path and not necessarily for anyone else. 

That being the case, I will send her and her followers love and blessings and visualize the best for all of us. :)

jbseth