Synchronistic Events

Started by jbseth, August 19, 2018, 01:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryH

Last night, I was at a meeting called 'Psychic Circle', where attendees share their psychic experiences and discuss related issues. One person asked what we thought was happening with poltergeist activity. I mentioned that many of these phenomena have in common the presence of a young teenage girl, often troubled in some manner. I had never put together the concepts of chakras and Chi with this phenomenon, but it suddenly made sense. A young teen would be going through chaotic hormonal changes, thus the endocrine system, thus chakras, and the Chi or life energy generated by those changes might be manifesting in uncontrolled ways. In a way, it is a synchronicity that the discussion here veered this way just before the question was asked last night for me to make the connection.
___

I have another sync story: In 1982, I heard about a 6-week seminar (one evening per week) about Seth. I went to the first lecture, which was conducted by two men who had attended Jane Roberts' ESP classes (Andy Hauck and O.G. Tigerman). When I entered the room, I noticed two attractive women sitting together, and I said 'Hi' to them. They looked at one another and laughed. I took the hint and sat on the opposite side of the room. Since the lecture series was some distance away, I decided not to attend the remainder of the series.

Several weeks later, a co-worker asked me if I could meet him and his wife at a local restaurant on the weekend because he wanted me to tell his wife about Seth. He had relayed to her some of our conversations, and she was intrigued. We arranged to meet for brunch in Laguna, about 30 miles away from that lecture series. While we were discussing Seth, I looked over and saw that O.G., one of the two men who had conducted that lecture was eating nearby. I said hi to him, and he remembered me. He knew that I had only gone to the first lecture, but he said that he was having a party for the attendees the following Saturday, and I was welcome to come. I did come and had a good time interacting with the other attendees. As I prepared to leave, one of those two young women walked in the door. O.G. introduced us, and we immediately hit it off. We began dating, and two years later, we were married. Even though the marriage is dissolved, we stay good friends. Our two daughters can thank Seth for their present incarnations, though I know Framework 2 pulled many other strings.

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

I really like that story. Especially the part where you were just about to leave and in walks your future wife.  :)

I'd say that you and your ex-wife's 2 daughters each made an interesting choice for themselves; to come into this life, where both their parents knew about the Seth teachings.

What a head start is that.  :)

jbseth

Like Like x 1 View List

jbseth

Hi All,

Here's both a synchronous story and a creation event story that occurred to me many years ago.

In May of 1983, I had somewhat of a friend/girlfriend who was in the mist of rebounding from a previous relationship and as things worked out, we ended up breaking up. Being somewhat depressed about this whole situation, I decided that I was tired of having this happen to me and I wanted something more out of life. I figured that I too was worthy of having a happy and healthy relationship with a woman in my life.

At this point, I had been a Seth reader for about 5 years and I knew all about his, "you create your reality" concepts and basically I believed that this was probably true.  I honestly believed that if you strived really hard and used a great deal of determination, you could accomplish many things; the power of positive thinking kind of thing, but I never actually tried or used Seth's ideas themselves.  As a result of this, I thought, OK, let's really give this Seth stuff an honest try. If Seth is correct about this, then I should be able to focus my attention on what I want and receive it.

So then, I started to focus my conscious thinking on seeing myself in a wonderful relationship with a woman and having a happy life. I really did this and spent time consciously focusing on this for about 8 weeks or so. I was really determined to see if Seth's concepts would really work. I didn't figure I had anything to lose by trying it out.

In early August 1983, I went to a local bar with a great dance floor called "Earthquake Ethel's". This was an awesome place where they had lighted disco balls, 3 dance floors, one of which was lighted, perhaps 6 large screen TV's and an awesome powerful surround sound system.  In 2018 terms, this doesn't sound like it was all that special, but in 1983, this was about as close as "state of the art" as you could get.

Every night at 8 pm, they simulated the earthquake from the 1970's movie "Earthquake" using the surround sound system while showing scenes from the movie on the big screen TV screens. During this particular night I noticed a woman and her girlfriends all walked in, grabbed some drinks and then sat down at a table near the dance floor. After a few minutes, I went over and asked this woman if she wanted to dance and she said yes.  We ended up dancing all night and to make a long story short, 8 months later we ended up getting married and here now 35 years later we are still married and very happy to be with each other.

Suffice it to say, I'm a very strong believer in Seth's concepts that you can change your world for the better by using his methods.

jbseth
Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

LarryH

jbseth, so we both got married in 1984. What does your wife think about Seth? My girls, both brought up as Unitarian Universalists, are now on their own paths. The older one is agnostic, while the younger identifies as Christian. However, both are open to the ideas of Seth, and in fact, I text the younger one a Seth quote every morning. And if I don't, I hear about it.

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

Thanks for asking.

When I met her, my wife was what we now call a "recovering" Baptist.  :)

Her father was a Deacon in the Baptist church, I believe it was Baptist, and so she spent many years around the Christian based concepts.  However, she never felt quite right about some things that the Christian churches taught like being a "sinner" from birth and had some nagging doubts about many of the other Christian ideas. 

She was pretty open-minded when I met her, and she still is today. She's not quite the Seth follower that I am, and she's never taken the time to read any of the Seth books, but she probably knows more about Seth than many people, because I'm always talking to her about what Seth has to say on some topic.

She likes Deepak Chopra, Wayne Dyer, Louise Hay, many of the "New Thought" teachings, and we're both very comfortable with UU churches and their philosophies. We're always sharing our dreams and talking about what the symbolism means to us and reminding each other our beliefs when the other person seems to be down.

She's definitely not an atheist, but she doesn't quite share the same understanding that I do about critical historical biblical scholarship. When I tell her that I don't believe that Jesus ever did many of the things it says in the New Testament, she reminds me that Seth says there are many probable realities, which usually puts me in my place.  :)

While I would say that her personal spiritual "philosophy" may not be quite as in-depth as mine, how she demonstrates her spirituality in life by the way she demonstrates love, is quite a bit beyond, where I'm at.

jbseth 

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

Your "Psychic Circle" meeting sounds really interesting.

I think that in many cases you may be right in regards to your poltergeist comments.
It often seems to me that these poltergeist activities seem to have something to do with someone who is having a significant amount of emotional distress in their lives. My guess is that these people, with there powerful emotions are drawing up massive amounts of energy, and it is this energy which is probably released is uncontrolled way, that is causing these poltergeist type of activities.

Seth talks about how "emotion" is the driving force that helps to bring about reality creation. I think that powerful emotions can also play havoc in the energy field. It definitely does so in the Psychological reality.

I suspect that these people typically may not even realize that they "can" do this, or that they "are" doing this, and along with this, I also suspect that in most cases, the probably have no idea "how" they are doing this.

As with your poltergeist sync event, I've noticed quite often, that if I have some sort of situation in my life and if I leave it alone for awhile, quite often, my inner self will build up the exterior events in my life such that these exterior events seem to communicate some sort of message to me.

When this occurs and when I recognize it, I often think to myself with a smile that, "the universe, is talking to me".   :)

jbseth 
Like Like x 1 View List

LarryH

Synchronicity can play a part in matters of life and death. In my freshman year in college, I had a roommate Bob who was kicked out of the program after the first semester. He stayed for the next semester, taking random classes, but aspirations had been dashed, and he went into a deep depression. One day, he told me that he had nothing to live for and was thinking of doing himself in. Long story short, I got in touch with the school counselor, who made an appointment for Bob with a psychiatrist at a local hospital for that afternoon. I got him out of bed (it was already afternoon), and he said, "This time, you've gone too far, Larry!" as he quickly got dressed. We took the bus together and got off within a few blocks of the hospital. It was a cold Detroit day with slush on the ground. We walked quickly to make it on time. But there was a very short, very wide lady slowly waddling down the sidewalk in front of us. We darted around her and continued to the hospital. At one point, I looked back, and she was perhaps 100 feet behind us. Then, in what seemed like an unusually short time, she was right behind us. I heard her ask, "So, you boys want to splash slush on me, do you?"

I was confused, since I knew I didn't do that, and I was unaware of my roommate doing it. But I was also confused with how this lady caught up with us so quickly. I was apologetic, but Bob's response was rude. The lady then said, "I recognize you boys. You were the ones who stole my purse two years ago."

I explained to her that neither of us lived in Detroit two years before. Bob continued to berate her, telling her that she was crazy, etc. She continued to insist that it was us who had stolen her purse. Then, she said, "I have a weapon, and I will use it!"

I looked down and saw her hand around a large wooden knife handle, with the blade mostly concealed in her purse. She had us backed up against a picket fence in front of the hospital. I continued to express our innocence and to apologize for whatever happened when we had walked past her. Bob continued in his belligerent manner until he finally saw the knife. At that point, his demeanor changed, and he became polite. This changed the woman's attitude, and she finally said, "Oh, so it wasn't you boys who stole my purse?"

We both said, "No."

That satisfied her. We walked together up the steps of the hospital. I opened the door for her. She went left, we went right. Bob made it to his appointment. After he came out, I asked him how it went. He said, "That was a total waste of time. I'm never coming back here!"

Later, when we spoke about the lady with the knife, he said, "You know, when I saw that knife, I never wanted to live so much in my life."

jbseth

Hi LarryH.

Wow. Synchronous events are certainly interesting. Here's a couple that are directly related to your latest post.

Just the other day, Sept. 5, 2018, I was right here in this Seth forum writing reply # 3 on the topic of "Seth on Abortion".

https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=1549.0

In this reply, I was sharing with the group, what Seth calls "violations" because I thought that these were pertinent to this topic.

In, "The Nature of Personality, Chapter 8, Sessions 634 and 635, Seth talks about the things that man does that violate the natural instinctive sense that animals have.  Seth calls these things "violations".

In these sessions, Seth says that "Killing another human being is a violation."  He also says, "Killing while protecting your own body from death at the hands at another through immediate contact is a violation."

Then further down, he says, "Because you consider aggression synonymous with violence, you may not understand that aggressive – forceful, active, mental or spoken – commands for peace could save your life in such a case; yet they could."

Then today, you tell me the story of you taking your roommate Bob, to the hospital and on the way, this woman, who sounds like she may have had mental issues and was carrying a big knife, threatened the two of you. Then, as you and then your roommate recognized the situation that you were in, you took an active assertive role in looking for peace in this situation and as a result, "This changed the woman's attitude, and she finally said, "Oh, so it wasn't you boys who stole my purse?"  "

Then,

As I was reading this story, I was remembering how in the fall of 1976, after attending the University of Florida, for that one fall quarter, I decided to discontinue going to college for a while. As a result of this, I had to move off campus and so I asked my roommate Carl, if he knew anyone, who was looking for a roommate for maybe 6 months or so.

It turns out that he did. Carl introduced me to 3 of his UF friends who all lived together, off campus in a large apartment in a large apartment complex. These guys were looking for a roommate so that they could reduce their monthly apartment costs.

After this, I moved in with them and got myself a job. In the spring of that year, The Grateful Dead were having a big concert in Tampa. One of my roommates, who I'll call "George" though that wasn't his name got himself a lot of drugs (LSD, coke, marijuana, etc.; which were pretty easy for these guys to come by, in Gainesville, in 1977) prior to this concert. Then, George went to the concert, got high and had a great time.

The following week, after he got back from the concert, for the first couple of days I didn't see him. This wasn't unusual because our schedules were always out of sync (pun definitely intended). Then, on Wednesday, when I did see him, he seems to be having some difficulties focusing. I just thought that he was really tired or something. After trying to sleep for about 30 minutes, he got up and told me that he had been having trouble sleeping recently and so he took off and went to see some friends.

The next day, my former roommate Carl called me and asked me if I knew what was going on with George. I asked him what he meant and he told me that he took George to the hospital because he wasn't making any sense. I told Carl what George had told me about having some trouble sleeping.

Fortunately, Carl's father was a doctor and his mother was a nurse. Carl had the foresight to recognize that something was terribly wrong with George and got him to the UF psychiatric hospital. We contacted George's parents and they immediately flew down to be with him.

This was about 2 months before I moved away from Florida, and before I left, I stopped in to see how George was doing. Unfortunate, he still wasn't doing very well. After leaving Florida, I eventually lost touch with these guys and I never found out how it turned out for George. I sure hope everything turned out OK with him.

I haven't thought about this for a very long time until recently you mentioned living in Gainseville and  Mickey Singer.

So here's what we have. Four days ago, several of us on this site were musing over Seth's "violations" and in regards to this Seth, also says that assertive spoken words for "peace" can get you out of a life threatening situation. Then today you proceed to tell us a story about how, in the past, you and your roommate used assertive spoken words for "peace" and got out of a life threatening situation.

Next, in telling us this story, you tell us about how, your roommate in college got to a point where he needed to talk to psychiatrist about an issue he was having and then I recall a similar story about a roommate in college who needed to talk to psychiatrist about an issue he was having.

jbseth

LarryH

jbseth: Freshman year of college, roommate seeing a hospital psychiatrist, life threatening situations, both of us having lived in Gainesville. There's an echo in here!

I want to mention that in my last story, I never felt the least bit in personal danger. My concern about the woman with the butcher knife was not for my personal safety, but rather for the loose cannon next to me, who was obviously not at his best that day. It was not me who needed to be shocked back to realizing that he wanted to live. Note how there was this initial intention to intervene with a person contemplating suicide and a plan carried out (seeing the psychiatrist) that was ineffective. But what WAS effective was this coincidental threat to Bob's life just outside of the hospital. Framework 2 brought that woman with the butcher knife to save Bob from himself.

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

Oh yeah, I didn't think that you were necessarily concerned for your life.

However, situations like that are extremely volatile and can very quickly get completely out of hand.

On a more personal note, I was raised in Fort Lauderdale, and so after high school and four years in the Air Force, I went to the UF in Gainseville.  While there, my friends and I use to occasionally drive over to Daytona Beach on Saturday morning and spend the day, body surfing, partying and just generally having a great time. My car did get stuck a few times on Daytona Beach, but I always had enough people with me to help me push it out.

I do miss swimming in the warm Florida ocean and gulf coast waters. The ocean water here off of the Oregon coast is pretty cold, even in the summer time.  :)

jbseth

Deb

Wow Larry, you sure have had a lot of interesting experiences with synchronicity. More than I could ever imagine for the average person. I don't think you're average.

BTW I thought I'd add that I also lived in Florida for a while. But in Sarasota. From 77-82. Never been to Lauderdale for some reason, but have been to Daytona and a few other places. Had my fishing pole broken in half on the pier in Daytona. I think I hooked into a shark and it went right under the pier below my feet at lightening speed. Damn.

jbseth

Hi LarryH, Hi Deb, Hi All,

So here LarryH and I are talking about people who needed to go see a psychiatrist for various problems and then Deb posts a new post about mental health.

jbseth

LarryH

Quote from: Deb
Wow Larry, you sure have had a lot of interesting experiences with synchronicity. More than I could ever imagine for the average person. I don't think you're average.
Deb, I don't know if it happens more for me or if I have just been paying attention more than most. I started writing them down in the '70's, or I might have forgotten some of them or at least some of the details. For a few weeks now, I have been preparing a talk on the topic, and when jbseth started this thread, I thought it would be an opportunity to organize my thoughts and get feedback. Of course, I wanted to include what Seth had to say about the topic, and I recently came across this:

After a series of synchronicities in the lives of Jane and Rob, Seth addressed the issue as follows (from TPS6, deleted session June 8, 1981):

"These are all quite mundane events, of course, yet they show over a period of a few days glimpses of the inner order of activity, similarities and coincidences that actually lie at the heart of events and serve as their true organization."

"These encounters in their own ways are meant to show you that other people do indeed mean well, that they send good wishes in your directions, and the small clues mentioned earlier are meant, again, to remind you of the inner unity and correspondences beneath events."

So what might all of these synchronicities say about reality? I thought that if I were to categorize those that I have compiled, I might see a pattern. Looking at the 17 synchronicities, I identified four categories: those that assisted in moving one toward a life path, those that offered spiritual guidance, those that fulfilled an intention in unexpected ways, and those that were simply reminders of Seth's "inner unity and correspondences between events". The results are as follows:

Life path: 3
Spiritual guidance: 7
Fulfilled intention in unexpected ways: 4
Reminder of inner unity: 5

That adds up to more than 17 because some of the examples fell into more than one category. One could say that all of the examples were reminders of inner unity, but I limited that number to only the examples that did not fit into the other categories.

TPS4, deleted session Nov 19, 1977: "All of your exterior communication, your physical events, national affairs, and private gatherings, are the result of the interrelationship of subjective realities, whose very basis is not physical at all. The power that moves the world does not come from the world, but at each moment comes into the world."

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

That's a neat way to categorize these synchronous events and I really like that statement by Seth:

"The power that moves the world does not come from the world, but at each moment comes into the world."

Thanks for sharing.  :)

jbseth

jbseth

Hi LarryH, Hi Deb,

I've been watching the news recently and monitoring Hurricane Florence, and I've got to say, that is one thing I don't miss about Florida. 

During the 15 years or so that I lived there, I got to experience several of these hurricanes, and boy we were lucky. During that time we never got hit by one of those super Hurricanes like, Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Camille (which hit Biloxi Miss in the 1970's with 200 mph winds) or Hurricane Andrew (which hit south Florida in the early 1990's with >150 mph winds) and I wouldn't care to experience that at all.

LarryH,

Thanks for the info on the Michael Talbot books. The local library didn't have a copy of either one of these 2 books (The "Holographic Universe" or "Beyond the Quantum") and so they did an worldwide interlibrary request for me and the "Holographic Universe" just showed up today.  I don't know why, I never bothered to read this book before, in thumbing through it really quickly, I can see that it's amazing.

I should get the "Beyond the Quantum" book sometime soon and after reading these two, I'll do the same thing and see if they can find and borrow a copy of "Evolve or Die" by Marcus Dodd. 

Thanks again for the tip.    :)

jbseth

LarryH

Quote from: jbseth
I'll do the same thing and see if they can find and borrow a copy of "Evolve or Die" by Marcus Dodd. 
That's Evolve or Perish. Either way, the title was the one problem that I had with the book. Sounded a little preachy.

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

Thanks for the correction, yes it's "Evolve or Perish".

From the title it does sound like it might be religious oriented, if you didn't know better.
Was it preachy? Did you enjoy this book?

jbseth

LarryH

I did enjoy the book, but at least to some extent, it was because I knew him. The most fascinating anecdote was that near the end of the war, he and a driver were in a jeep traveling through the countryside alone when they were surprised by a small group of German soldiers. They thought they would be taken prisoner. But someone went to get the German commanding officer, who told Marcus, who was a 1st Lieutenant, that they wanted to surrender to him. He asked the officer how many soldiers he had. He answered, "13,000." Marcus said that he could not handle that many, and asked them to stay put for a day while he went back to base where he had 100 in his command. They agreed, but it took him a week to get permission. When he finally got back, they were still there. The commanding officer suggested that his officers be allowed to keep their weapons so that they could assist in controlling the other German soldiers. Marcus agreed. They took the prisoners back without incident.

When I was on the bus tour in France, the leader of the tour had also been in the 3rd infantry division, and I told him that story. He said, "I remember hearing that!" I ended up giving him Marcus' book, and I gave Marcus that guy's book.

Deb

Oh, you guys! After trying to find The Holographic Universe and Evolve or Perish as free downloads or PDFs on the Internet with no luck, I ended up order the Holographic Universe on Amazon. My library has neither one and I can't find the Evolve or Perish book anywhere. Not even Amazon. Maybe I need to drive up to Boulder and check out the used book store.

Or maybe it will just show up on my front stoop this afternoon.  ::)

jbseth

Hi LarryH, Hi All,

I've been reading Michael Talbots book, "The Holographic Universe" and I just came across the section in Chapter 3 titled, "A Flaw in the Fabric of Reality". In this section Michael describes "synchronicities".   

In this section of his book, Michael Talbot talks about the classic example of synchronicity being Dr. Jung's scarab story.  In this example, Dr. Jung was treating a patient who was somewhat resistant to therapy. One day while this woman was in his office she was telling Dr. Jung about a dream she had involving a scarab beetle. Dr. Jung was thinking about telling this patient that in Egyptian mythology, the scarab beetle represented rebirth. While he was pondering this issue, a scarab beetle made a tap on his window. It was the only time that a scarab beetle ever appeared at his window. He opened the window and the beetle flew in while he was interpreting this dream for this patient. The woman was so stunned by this, that she tempered her excessive rationality and from that point on, her response to therapy improved.

Then in the very next paragraph, Michael Talbot writes:

"Jung encountered many such meaningful coincidences during his psychotherapeutic work and noticed that they almost always accompany periods of emotional intensity and transformation: fundamental changes in belief, sudden and new insights, deaths, births, even changes in profession. He also notices that they tended to peak when the new realization or insight was just about to surface in a patients consciousness."

LarryH, you mentioned that you were putting together some information for a talk on synchronicities. If you haven't already considered these insights by Dr. Jung, and you probably have, then this information might be helpful to you as well.

Then, as if this wasn't interesting enough, on the very next page, Michael Talbot mentions that Dr. Jung coauthored a book with physicist Wolfgang Pauli, titled, "The Interpretation and Nature of the Psyche".  I knew that Jane Roberts / Seth has written a book whose title had to do with "The Nature of the Psyche" but I never knew that the Dr. Jung, the man who developed the concept of the "collective unconsciousness" also wrote a book who's title had to do with "The Nature of the Psyche". 

And why did I discover this? Because I'm reading a book that I had never bothered to read previously, and that I was "inspired" to read because LarryH told me that this is one of his favorite books. This occurred here in this Seth forum, where we are discussing "synchronicities"

Very interesting.  :)

jbseth

LarryH

LarryH, you mentioned that you were putting together some information for a talk on synchronicities. If you haven't already considered these insights by Dr. Jung, and you probably have, then this information might be helpful to you as well.
jbseth, I did have the scarab story almost exactly as stated from another book. But I think the next part that you quote from the Talbot book would be a good addition, so thanks for that. I hadn't even considered checking that book for reference material.

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

No Problem. 

Thanks for the tip on the book.  It's been awesome.  :)

jbseth

LarryH

One Christmas many years ago, I got a book from my parents, written by my cousin Dr. Jeffrey Bonner, called Sailing with Noah. He is CEO of the St. Louis Zoo. The book is a collection of zoo stories from around the world. We decided as a family to go to see Night at the Museum, the Ben Stiller comedy. After we got back, I decided to start reading my cousin's book. Early in the book, he tells of getting his PhD in Anthropology at Columbia University. While there, to help with expenses, and at the suggestion of Margaret Mead, he took a job in the anthropology department at the Museum of Natural History. This was the first I ever knew that my cousin had worked at this museum, synchronistically right after we had watched a movie that had been filmed at that very museum.

As I continued to read, Jeff relayed his own synchronicity (although he didn't call it that). The museum experience eventually led to a ten-year career as director of the St. Louis Science Center. One day, he received a call from an executive recruiter who wanted to know if he would be interested in becoming president of the Indianapolis Zoo. Since he knew nothing about zoos, he thought it would make sense to visit the zoo before he talked to anyone about working there.
A week later, he was on a plane to Indianapolis. He arrived early and had plenty of time to kill, so he stopped at Smiley's Pancake House for breakfast. It was a run-down, eclectically decorated place with reproductions of Red Skelton's clowns and Elvis on black velvet. His booth, however, had only a framed quotation on the wall, from the book, The Outermost House, by Henry Beston:

"We need another and a wiser and perhaps a more mystical concept of animals. Remote from universal nature, and living by complicated artifice, man in civilization surveys the creature through the glass of his knowledge and sees thereby the feather magnified and the whole image in distortion. We patronize them for their incompleteness, for their tragic fate of having taken a form so far below ourselves. And therein we err, and greatly err. For the animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours they move finished and complete, gifted with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren, they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendour and travail of the earth."

He described the coincidence of this quotation over his bench in a roadside pancake house as "singularly improbable", but as beautiful a thought as he had ever seen expressed. He thought it had been placed above the booth specifically for him. He spent many years at that zoo and later CEO of the St. Louis Zoo. It's a great example of Jung's observation of synchronicities often coming at times of (among other things) "...changes in profession."

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

Yeah, that's a great example of Jung's synchronicities having to do with a job change.

After reading your post. I was thinking that I don't know of many examples having to do with job changes when I suddenly remembered the following. This story falls into the category of when one door closes another one opens.

In 1987, I was working for a large electronics firm as a "reliability" technician. For most of the 7 years that I had worked for this company, this was my job title and job function. In 1987, times were tough and I was placed on a "redeployment" list. Basically, I was told that I had 3 months to find another job within the company or I'd be let go.

As it so happened, there was an opening in another group in this company for a "reliability" engineer. Prior to being placed on the redeployment list, I didn't seriously consider applying for this job because I only had a Associates degree in electronics and typically you need a Bachelors Degree in electronics to be hired as an electronics engineer. 

Having nothing to lose, I applied for the position any and given my seven years of "reliability" experience, I was hired.

As a result of being on the redeployment list, I was forced into a position of applying for a new job and as a result of this, not only did I get a new job, but I also got a sizeable increase in salary as well.

As we often say, "God is good, all the time?"  :)

jbseth

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

Yesterday I was looking for something that Jane had said in the book, "The Way Toward Health" and when I opened this book to the very first page, I saw the quotes from various people (Deepak Chopra, Louise Hay, etc.) giving phrase to the Seth information. Along with this, at the bottom of this first page is the following quote.

"To my great surprise – and slight annoyance – I found that Seth eloquently and lucidly articulated a view of reality that I had arrived at only after great effort and an extensive study of both paranormal phenomena and quantum physics...."

- Michael Talbot
  Author of The Holographic Universe and Beyond the Quantum

After seeing this quote, I just had to smile given the nature of our discussion here regarding synchronistic events, Michael Talbot and these 2 books.

jbseth

usmaak

Hi Sena, Hi T.M., Hi All,

The more I think about this issue of Seth having never said anything about the "chakras", the more I believe that this was probably just not a high priority discussion item for him, and it just never came up.

In addition to this, it appears that Seth never spoke said anything about "Chi", the Chinese concept of the vital force behind all of life, or the related Hindu concept of "Prana" either.

Again, maybe this was probably just not a high priority discussion item for him, and it just never came up.

Hi T.M.

I don't think that Seth ever worried about certain topics being to "hot" to publish.  On the other hand, I do think that Jane was concerned that some these topics were too "hot" for her personally, and as a result of this, she did block Seth on occasion.  Along with this, she also never for example took the time to gather the information from Seth for the "Christ" book and I'm pretty sure that this was very much intentional on Jane's part.

I don't personally believe however, that this had anything to do with why Seth didn't discuss the chakras.

jbseth

Chakras keep coming into my awareness.  I used to attend a "Yoga for Backs" class and my instructor always mentioned chakras.  My wife does yoga classes online and the instructor mentions them frequently.  So, having no real idea what they are, I had to look them up.  It seems that many people accept that they exist, even without any actual proof.  I recently read the book Mind to Matter, by Dawson Church.  He talks a lot about the energy body, what it means and mentions chakras often.  This book reads like a college research paper, including many studies and experiments to support what he's saying.  Further research shows me that the concept of 7 chakras is but one interpretation, and a newer one at that.  Turns out that there are many interpretations of this and some say that there are many more energy centers than just 7.

jbseth

Hi usmaak,

As I understand it, in Hinduism, the life force is called prana, yoga is a Hindu practice and there is a belief that there are 7 energy centers, the 7 chakras. 

Given this Hindu based relationship between these concepts, it is not a surprise to me that a yoga instructor would talk about the chakras.

Again, as I understand it, in Chinese medicine, the life energy is chi, and practitioners describe a meridian system for how energy flows through the body. Again, as I understand it, there are something like 12 or 24 meridians.

I think it is the recognition of this difference between the Hindu system and the Chinese system that makes me wonder when people see chakras, are they just seeing what they believe exists; and I also wonder the same when people see meridians.

Kind of like how Caine "believed" that the pool contained acid.

jbseth

usmaak

I don't often notice synchronistic events, but here's one that just happened to me.

So we have been mentioning the TV show Kung Fu in a couple of threads.  I watched it when I was maybe 6 or 7 years old.  We used to have these family friends and me, my sister, and my mother would go over their house in the evening so that the moms could watch some show like Love American Style. The kids (five of us) would all sit in another room and watch Kung Fu.  My mom lost touch with our friend's mom somewhere before I was a teenager for whatever reason.

Anyway, I joined a Facebook group for my old hometown and just today, I had a brief conversation with our friend's mom about memories.  One of the memories that I brought up was watching Kung Fu while she and my mom watched some other show.

I don't know if this qualifies, but I haven't talked to her for somewhere around 40 years.  It's funny that this memory came up in conversation.  And I haven't thought of that show for many, many years.  Until the last week, anyway.

jbseth

Hi usmaak,

Ah so, grasshoppa,   :)

jbseth

LarryH

A few weeks ago, I had told a friend that several of the large pizza chains had started in the Detroit area. These included Hungry Howie, Dominos and Little Caesars. I thought there was at least one more, but I could not remember. I speculated that it was Pizza Hut, but it was just a guess. A few days ago, I was listening to a downloaded radio interview on my MP3 player while on a walk. I wondered again about the origin of Pizza Hut. The interview had nothing to do with the topic until just a few minutes later when the person being interviewed mentioned that two brothers had come home from Europe after World War II and opened a pizza restaurant in Wichita, KS and named it Pizza Hut.

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

So after you first speculated that the other franchise was Pizza Hut, how many other times do you think that you thought about this, in the last few weeks? I'm just curious as to whether you may have created the Pizza Hut answer. Either way its pretty awesome.  :)

jbseth

LarryH

I think the question came up in my mind every few days since the first conversation, so there would have been 4 or 5 other times. Yesterday I finally did a google search to get the answer to whether there was a fourth chain from Detroit. There were a few others, but none that I had heard of. The search did confirm the three that I had mentioned. The synchronicity had no great profound meaning, just a "wink from the hidden domain".

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

If you've thought about this say 4-5 times, in the mean time, then maybe this was just your inner self getting back to you on the Pizza Hut question that you had in your mind.

You've had some amazing synchronistic events occur in your life. Have you ever consciously intentionally tried to create something as well. My guess is that you're probably really good at it.

On a side note, I find it interesting that some franchises seem to be more regional than others. We have Pizza Huts, Dominos and Little Caesars here in Oregon, but I've never heard of a Hungry Howie Pizza place.

jbseth

LarryH

You've had some amazing synchronistic events occur in your life. Have you ever consciously intentionally tried to create something as well. My guess is that you're probably really good at it.
That's a good question. It has more than one answer. First, I have always been "lucky", and that may be due to a knack for being in the right place at the right time. I "expect" things to work out, even if I have no idea how that will happen. My synchronicities often have that characteristic. That most recent one may be an example of consciously intending to have a sync. I had been thinking that of all those syncs that I had shared here, none of them were very recent, and that it would be nice if it were to happen again. And there it is.

I am retired, but I had a successful career as both industrial designer and mechanical designer. Those are both "consciously trying to create something", though in a different sense from your question. However, the process is related, in that both involve imagination, visualization, and strong intention. Both also involve for me an active use of the subconscious. Whether work or general life-related, if I had a problem that I couldn't solve, I have used the technique of "sleeping on it", and a solution often presents itself the next day, even if I have no recall of a related dream.

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

Do you really think that you're "lucky" and just happen to somehow be in the right place at the right time?

You say that you "expect" things to work out and "expectation" is a major focus of reality creation. In, "The Early Sessions", Book 2, Session 76, Seth says the following about "expectation".

"If a man wants to change his fate, desire is not enough, but expectation is. Desire may grow into expectation, but alone it is not enough. Expectation is actually the main trigger that switches inner data into the realm of physical construction. Without it, no physical construction results."

"Expectation is the force, then, that triggers psychic realities into physical construction."

"Emotional power behind your expectations powers your expectations into physical reality."

Regarding your comments about being an engineer and consciously trying to create something, I think the processes of doing that and consciously creating something in your reality (like a new job) are probably the same and both involve imagination, visualization, and strong intention.

In regards to "sleeping on it", I've never actually done that specifically. However, whenever I brainstorm a solution to a problem, I consciously put myself in a relaxed, almost meditative state of mind, and solutions just start coming into my mind.

Sometimes, I also wake up early in the morning, like 3 am, and being relaxed, I'll think about a problem and solutions just seem to come to me very quickly. This happened to me just last week as I was trying to figure out how I was going to top off some 20 foot arbor vitae bushes by myself while keeping them from falling into my neighbors back yard.

jbseth

LarryH

Do you really think that you're "lucky" and just happen to somehow be in the right place at the right time?

You say that you "expect" things...

I put "lucky" and "expect" into quotes on purpose in my prior post. Both words are dog whistles for those who understand the principles of reality creation. Wink, wink.

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

OK, now I understand; I'm a little slow sometimes.  :)

So here's a question for you. If we create "lucky" events in our lives, then why do you suppose we sometime experience "unlucky" events in our lives?

I suspect that there are probably multiple answers to this question.

What do you think?

jbseth

LarryH

So here's a question for you. If we create "lucky" events in our lives, then why do you suppose we sometime experience "unlucky" events in our lives?
I think we are all here to practice reality creation. Most of us don't know that. Many of us are stuck in the role of victim to one degree or another, not getting the way in which victim-hood was a chosen role (though I want to make clear that this does not excuse a perpetrator). The process of reality creation is not obvious, and there are many lessons to be learned along the way. There is a company (I forget which) that asks its employees to "fail spectacularly". It even gives an annual award for Failure of the Year. High risk, high reward. We are in a tough school, and we are all at different stages of development. Another explanation is that some of us chose the easy classes this time around (having set up less extreme challenges for a particular life).

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

Hey, I like what you said in your post.   

"I think we are all here to practice reality creation. Most of us don't know that. Many of us are stuck in the role of victim to one degree or another, not getting the way in which victim-hood was a chosen role (though I want to make clear that this excuses a perpetrator). The process of reality creation is not obvious, and there are many lessons to be learned along the way."

I think that these are important truths about how physical reality works. 

I believe I have another synchronous event.  Just an hour or so after I posted my previous message here, I was taking a look at "The Early Session" Book 9, and a came across Session 493, July 14, 1969, which I haven't previously read.  I've only started Book 9 but haven't completed it yet.

Anyway, Session 493 is kind of interesting in that it is somewhat different than most of the other sessions in these early books. It begins with Jane giving her impressions while in a light trance. Apparently she starts to get some impressions about something having to do with an accident, possibly involving her and Robs friends Bill and Peggy Gallagher. It sounds like this might consist of an automobile accident near a coffeehouse. Possibly involving 2 other young men. In this accident Bill's right hand or right arm could be severely injured. Jane gets very uncomfortable about this and decides to call Bill and Peggy but they don't answer. Then about 10 minutes later she tries again, Peggy answers and they talk.  After this Seth comes through.

Seth says that Bill has been driving himself too hard; I think he means at work. Then Seths says:

"Such an accident would occur in a period of exuberance, rather than for example when he was driving in connection with his duties at work. In letting down, there is the danger that he would let down too far, forgetting caution."

Then Seth talks about how the information given by Jane automatically changes the probabilities. Then after this Seth says:

"The two lads involved may very well cause an accident in any case, unless actions of their own alter their reactions."

After this Seth talks about this situation where he says that Bill would want to hurt himself and become the victim in such an accident while the boys would want to hurt others and that unnumbered elements can still intrude to change their probability however the probability when Ruburt perceived the impressions were that the event would occur.

Then along with this, Seth also says:

"The knowledge prickles the balloon of emotions that were building up within our friend. Otherwise they would emerge in an over-exuberance when relieved from work pressure, resulting in carelessness. Beneath this of course the psychological need to be hurt, to punish himself, because he cannot strike out against a superior in a work situation."

Following this, there is another section in this session on Jane's notes of July 18, 1969 and after this another section on the ESP Class of July 15, 1969. In this ESP Class, Seth tells the class:

"When you immense yourselves completely in physical reality, then you have no time for the inner voice."

I still haven't finished reading this session yet, but I think it's kind of interesting how after earlier today asking the question in this forum about why "unlucky" event occur, I then was led to take a look at this session.  I think this probably qualifies as a synchronous event.

jbseth

LarryH

Quote from: LarryH
Many of us are stuck in the role of victim to one degree or another, not getting the way in which victim-hood was a chosen role (though I want to make clear that this does not excuse a perpetrator).
I have corrected my reply #87 above, I inexplicably originally stated that "this excuses the perpetrator". I don't know how that happened, since I am sure that I did not intend that. You can see the original in JBSeth's quote of the statement that followed.

jbseth

Hi LarryH,

Yeah, I thought that perhaps, that was a typo. Thanks for clearing it up. 

jbseth

Deb

Yesterday I was looking for something that Jane had said in the book, "The Way Toward Health" and when I opened this book to the very first page, I saw the quotes from various people (Deepak Chopra, Louise Hay, etc.) giving phrase to the Seth information. Along with this, at the bottom of this first page is the following quote.

"To my great surprise – and slight annoyance – I found that Seth eloquently and lucidly articulated a view of reality that I had arrived at only after great effort and an extensive study of both paranormal phenomena and quantum physics...."

- Michael Talbot
  Author of The Holographic Universe and Beyond the Quantum

Sorry this is late, I'm still catching up, but I thought you'd get a kick out of this:

Quote from: DebT
The late amateur physicist Michael Talbot wrote,

"To my surprise--and slight annoyance--I found that Seth eloquently and lucidly articulated a view of reality that I had arrived at only after great effort and an extensive study of both paranormal phenomena and quantum physics."

Michael Talbot, Beyond the Quantum, 1988

I was hoping there would be some sort of synchronicity around our post dates, but no.

I think we are all here to practice reality creation. Most of us don't know that. Many of us are stuck in the role of victim to one degree or another, not getting the way in which victim-hood was a chosen role (though I want to make clear that this does not excuse a perpetrator). The process of reality creation is not obvious, and there are many lessons to be learned along the way. There is a company (I forget which) that asks its employees to "fail spectacularly". It even gives an annual award for Failure of the Year. High risk, high reward. We are in a tough school, and we are all at different stages of development. Another explanation is that some of us chose the easy classes this time around (having set up less extreme challenges for a particular life).

Very well said! I had to search for fail spectacularly, it sounded like something Apple would say but I never did narrow it down. Point well taken though, we ARE here to create and too many people also hold back because of fear of failure and even self-disappointment. I have a hard time finding time to paint and draw and I realize a good part of that is I am my own worst critic and don't want to disappointment myself. I even went as far as to make myself a sign that says "Don't worry, be crappy." Some of the most successful commercial products turned out to be useful for things not originally intended. Another favorite saying of mine is "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." It's really, really true, but having a good motto and actually living it are two different things and I really want to embrace that one.

LarryH

Another favorite saying of mine is "Life begins at the end of your comfort zone."
Deb, did you see my synchronicity somewhere above about that very quote?
I even went as far as to make myself a sign that says "Don't worry, be crappy."
Love it. By the way, regarding self-judgment about your artwork, I highly recommend the book Drawing in the Right Side of the Brain.

jbseth

Hi All,

I'm not sure whether this is what LarryH, was referring to but apparently, the following quote is from Ransom Riggs: "If you must fail, fail spectacularly."

https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/6679220-if-you-must-fail-fail-spectacularly

Ransom Riggs, is an American writer and filmmaker best known for the book Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ransom_Riggs

jbseth

Deb

Deb, did you see my synchronicity somewhere above about that very quote?

The quote about comfort zones or about Talbot's books and coming across his quote? This?

After seeing this quote, I just had to smile given the nature of our discussion here regarding synchronistic events, Michael Talbot and these 2 books.

That made me smile. When I travel, I always take at least one printed book with me and then I have a load of things on my laptop. This time I brought two printed books. I just had to bring the Thavis book because I figured I could get a quick feel for it. I read as much as I could handle and then left it on the plane for rehoming. The other book, which I started reading on the same flight, is Holographic Universe by ummm, ummm, drumroll please, Michael Talbot. Coincidence or synchronicity? I don't know. I did get the idea to buy the book from you or Larry, figured I have volumes of Seth on my laptop so I brought that for when the laptop battery dies. I'm really enjoying the book so far, he makes it very easy to understand. Totally enjoyed the Lynne McTaggart intro. I loved The Field too, but could only get so far and it was over my head.

Oh, I did read most of Drawing on the Right Side many years ago, I was really impressed with explanations with the brain/drawing mechanics, the before and after drawings. A friend borrowed it a couple of years ago, I should get it back. The up-side-down drawing was especially useful for me. I struggle with shutting off the left brain. I'm a graphic designer, illustrator (not as often) and web developer, love the computer side of things and am a bit left dominant. It's that ego refusing to let go. But once I get it to back off the magic happens. The Zen of Drawing is very good too -- biggest takeaway is that you can't draw well if you don't see well, meaning quiet observation is the key and not the "hurry up and move onto something else" left brain mentality.

I'm not sure whether this is what LarryH, was referring to but apparently, the following quote is from Ransom Riggs: "If you must fail, fail spectacularly."

I did see that mentioned in my search, but didn't put together who Ransom Riggs was. Some of the best wisdom and quotes come from children's books. Another favorite quote, "You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." (The Little Prince) The Harry Potter series was amazing and even before I was introduced to Jane and Seth, I felt the books had to have been channeled. They were too perfect in so many ways — even tying up the smallest of details from the first books in the end.

Oh thanks for the vote of confidence for tonight's flight. I feel same way. Even the weather — yesterday morning Denver was cloudy and foggy, loads of turbulence as usual. Weather in Philly was affected by the hurricane — raining, dark, lots of wind  and lightening and turbulence both out of Philly (got as far as Boston) and all the way back. Rough landing, too fast, apparently little or no brakes, instant engine reversal upon landing. Then, today, the sun has been shining and right now the sky is baby blue and clear. A completely different atmosphere than yesterday. The plane is completely full, but I'm "expecting" a row to myself again. The only way I can sleep on a plane.

I do believe that sometimes we do discover why "the events of our lives" turned out the way they did, like this man, and sometimes we don't,

Yep, put that together with "There are no accidents" and there you go. I completely accept that things happen for a reason, whether I know what they are or not. Some people hate that way of thinking, they say it's too pat or cliché. For me, it sure beats thinking that things happen for no reason. I've often wanted to say this to my single friends who say there are no single good [men/women] left in the world, they've been betrayed by a [man/woman] once again, all [men/women] are jerks. See attachment below. I bite my tongue.  BTW despair.com is a fun web site. Demotivation. Their posters are priceless.

LarryH

Deb, the post that I was referring to was my reply #24 of this thread, repeated here:
One morning, as I was preparing to go to a Unitarian Universalist service, an old favorite quote popped into my head: "Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone." I got in the car, and on my way to the service, I was listening to a book on CD, The Untethered Soul by Mickey Singer. Within a few minutes, the book is talking about getting past your comfort zone. I arrive at the UU, and that day's talk was being delivered by the president of the congregation. He relayed the story of when he was first attending and the minister asked him, "What do you want from this fellowship?" He didn't have an answer at the time. But after a few days of pondering that question, he came up with this: "I want to be made as uncomfortable as I can stand it." Thus, I received--within less than an hour--three reminders of the importance of challenging one's comfort zone.

jbseth

Hi All,

An so, synchronous events continue on in our lives, real time.  :)

The other day, I started a new topic in this forum titled, "Is Life a Dream?"

In this topic, I mentioned an interesting statement made by Seth and I mentioned the song, "Row, Row, Row, your Boat", which ends in the words, "Life is but a Dream".

Last night, while partly reading comments made in this Seth forum, and while partly semi-watching TV with my wife, a commercial came on TV by "Casper Mattresses".  In this commercial, they used the phrase, "Life is but a Dream". 

This is the first time in my life, I have ever heard of "Casper Mattresses" and the first time I have ever seen a commercial by them. I didn't even know that they existed.  When I heard the phrase, "Life is but a Dream" phrase, I just had to smile.

jbseth

LarryH

Here are some quotes that I gleaned from doing a Google Images search on synchronicity:

"Synchronicity is the universe's way of saying 'Yes'."

"Synchronicity is an ever-present reality for those who have eyes to see." -Carl Jung

"Synchronicity is choreographed by a great pervasive intelligence that lies at the heart of nature and is manifest in each of us through intelligent knowledge." -Deepak Chopra

Synchronicity: The experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated or unlikely to occur by chance, yet are experienced as occurring together in a meaningful manner

"Synchronicity is the Universe helping you with exactly what you need. Make sure you listen."

"There are no coincidences in the universe, only convergences of Will, Intent, and Experience." -Neale Donald Walsch

"The Universe does this thing...where it aligns you with people, things, and situations that match the energy you put out. The more you improve yourself and raise your vibration, the more you will see things that are beneficial to your well-being."

"Coincidences, synchronicities and serendipities are all signs from the Universe that you are on your true path."

"When the student is ready, the master appears."

Deb

Deb, the post that I was referring to was my reply #24 of this thread

Oh jeez, now I can't say whether that popped into my head after having read your story or not. I have read this entire thread but had been waking up groggy at 2 in the morning the past two weeks, reading several posts and then going back to sleep. So I could have seen it, stored it, and then it came out later. But it is one (maybe #1) of my favorite sayings because for me it's very true. I've only come to that realization over the last few years, and in looking over my life taking those steps outside my comfort zone have always resulted in the most satisfying experiences and life changes.

Yet I don't think I'd like to be as "uncomfortable as I can stand it," that sounds too much like life in the fast lane to me.

Synchronicity: The experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated or unlikely to occur by chance, yet are experienced as occurring together in a meaningful manner

Great, varied list. I just came across the above definition the other day, it's attributed to Carl Jung, which I found really interesting. I need to learn more about him: "Jung used the concept in arguing for the existence of the paranormal."  Sometimes I'm the last to know this stuff, where have I been all my life? He was a lot more than what I'd heard from a lifetime of hearing his name.

This could be an interesting read, or it could be entirely over my head:

Jung, Carl (1973). Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle (first Princeton/Bollingen paperback ed.). Princeton, New Jersey: Princeton University Press. p. 8. ISBN 978-0-691-15050-5.

PS
I know the "when the student is ready" quote, but I think Seth also said something very similar to that. I'll look for it when I get the chance.

LarryH

Last night I finished the book Hypnotizing Maria by Richard Bach. I was pleasantly surprised by the series of coincidences that occur in the story and the protagonist's insight in the midst of the book that was reinforced when it was repeated in italics at the end of the book: "Coincidence shall lead me to others who bring lessons for me to learn, and for whom I have lessons to give, as well."