Author Topic: Synchronistic Events  (Read 1744 times)

Offline jbseth

Hi All,

I really like the phrase, "When the student is ready, the master appears." because I have experienced this several times in my life.

From my personal experience, I've found that, "the master", isn't always necessarily a person either.

jbseth

Offline jbseth

Hi LarryH, Hi All,

My wife and I have recently watched several episodes of a new show on TV called "God Friended Me".

This show may not be for everyone, but it's really pretty awesome. Its about a young man, who is somewhat of an atheist, who has an internet talk show. This young man, who's father is the minister of a church, get's friended by God on his smart phone. The stories are all about the people that this young man ultimately ends up helping out because of all the synchronous events that occur as a result of this.

It's very upbeat and positive.

Now that's a synchronous event.  :)

jbseth

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
I'll have to look into that show. I don't have cable TV any more, just internet, so hopefully I can find it somewhere.

OK, here's something that could at least be considered a coincidence.

When I was getting ready to leave for this trip I decided to get some small gifts for the family we'd be staying with in Austria. Business partner/friend of my hubby, his wife, two teen daughters. I bought the older girl (17) a journal and on a whim decided to buy her a set of colorful fountain pens to write and draw in it. Pilot makes a set of 7 in really fun, bright colors. I have always loved fountain pens, have a small collection, and most people don't even know what fountain pens are these days.

Before we'd gotten to the presents, the older daughter was doing math homework at the kitchen table. With a fountain pen. She said she loves them and showed me her small collection. Needless to say the gift was a hit.

Oh, the younger girl (15) is into ballet and I'd bought her a sterling silver ballet slipper necklace. I added a Swarovsky crystal in her birthstone. Of course she loved it, no surprises there. She's still wearing it 4 days later. But her mother was the surprised one — she said she had been looking for the slipper pendant forever and couldn't find one anywhere. Amazon is my best friend. :)

This might better a better story of synchronicity:

Quote from: Deb
One little story, which could be written off as coincidence: When I was debating whether I should make this forum or not, I went out to run an errand. Within a couple of minutes a car I was next to at a traffic light had a sticker  for Elmira College on the back. A while later, at another intersection, a different car had an Elmira, NY dealership sticker on the back. Later on, Elmira showed up on something else. Keep in mind I live near Denver, 1500+ miles away from New York. I finally decided it was Jane giving me the go-ahead nod. Am I delusional? Could be. But, to see Elmira not once, but three different times on one local outing is quite the coincidence to me.

Offline LarryH

Delightful stories, Deb! The "Elmira" coincidences nudging you to start this discussion group are a great example of synchronicities related to spiritual guidance/life path.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:52:41 PM by LarryH »

Offline jbseth

Hi Deb,

Those, "on a whim" moments, like the one you had where you decided to buy this young woman a set of colorful pens, can be powerful intuitional nudges.

Love the story about the 3 incidences occurring in one outing, having to do with Elmira.

jbseth

Offline jbseth

Hi All,

Recently, on Oct. 15, 2018, in the topic, titled “Thavis is Here”, I referenced a quote that I have sometimes heard, “There are no “atheists” in foxholes.”

Today, Oct. 21, 2018, while my wife and I were catching up on the recent TV episodes of the show, NCIS, one of the characters on the show said, “There are no “atheists” in foxholes.”, I just had to smile.  

I suspect that these types of things probably occur much more often than we realize.

jbseth

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
Nice one!

I just had one. I'm back in Prague, was supposed to fly home tomorrow but the flight was cancelled without warning, so we have an extra day here.

It's night, dark out, just had dinner, walked around a bit, crossed the Charles Bridge and took some photos with my iPhone which turned out pretty nice.

FYI my son is moving back home for a few weeks at the end of October, until his next housing situation is available. He's 23, often ignores our texts and rarely initiates contact. To his credit he's a sous chef, works long hours, but he still thinks his parents are nerds.

I just decided to send my son one of my photos with a text asking if he wants to move some things into the house ahead of time, and to let him know we'll be getting home a day late. As soon as I pressed Send I got a text from him asking if we were back home yet and how the trip was. I looked at my Sent message and saw it was still sending -- Internet is slow here and the photo delayed my message a few seconds.

While my original text was still being sent, I wrote back asking if we had texted at exactly the same time. Yes, we did. Considering my son's low contact rate, for me this was definitely a synchronistic event.  ;D

Offline jbseth

Hi Deb,

That's very cool. What a great example of a synchronous event.

jbseth

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
The opposite of black:
Twelve divided by two (word):