Author Topic: Synchronistic Events  (Read 3910 times)

Offline jbseth

Hi All,

I really like the phrase, "When the student is ready, the master appears." because I have experienced this several times in my life.

From my personal experience, I've found that, "the master", isn't always necessarily a person either.

jbseth

Offline jbseth

Hi LarryH, Hi All,

My wife and I have recently watched several episodes of a new show on TV called "God Friended Me".

This show may not be for everyone, but it's really pretty awesome. Its about a young man, who is somewhat of an atheist, who has an internet talk show. This young man, who's father is the minister of a church, get's friended by God on his smart phone. The stories are all about the people that this young man ultimately ends up helping out because of all the synchronous events that occur as a result of this.

It's very upbeat and positive.

Now that's a synchronous event.  :)

jbseth

Offline Deb

• Administrator
  • ~We are the black sheep of the Universe.~
    • Like us on Facebook!
I'll have to look into that show. I don't have cable TV any more, just internet, so hopefully I can find it somewhere.

OK, here's something that could at least be considered a coincidence.

When I was getting ready to leave for this trip I decided to get some small gifts for the family we'd be staying with in Austria. Business partner/friend of my hubby, his wife, two teen daughters. I bought the older girl (17) a journal and on a whim decided to buy her a set of colorful fountain pens to write and draw in it. Pilot makes a set of 7 in really fun, bright colors. I have always loved fountain pens, have a small collection, and most people don't even know what fountain pens are these days.

Before we'd gotten to the presents, the older daughter was doing math homework at the kitchen table. With a fountain pen. She said she loves them and showed me her small collection. Needless to say the gift was a hit.

Oh, the younger girl (15) is into ballet and I'd bought her a sterling silver ballet slipper necklace. I added a Swarovsky crystal in her birthstone. Of course she loved it, no surprises there. She's still wearing it 4 days later. But her mother was the surprised one — she said she had been looking for the slipper pendant forever and couldn't find one anywhere. Amazon is my best friend. :)

This might better a better story of synchronicity:

Quote from: Deb
One little story, which could be written off as coincidence: When I was debating whether I should make this forum or not, I went out to run an errand. Within a couple of minutes a car I was next to at a traffic light had a sticker  for Elmira College on the back. A while later, at another intersection, a different car had an Elmira, NY dealership sticker on the back. Later on, Elmira showed up on something else. Keep in mind I live near Denver, 1500+ miles away from New York. I finally decided it was Jane giving me the go-ahead nod. Am I delusional? Could be. But, to see Elmira not once, but three different times on one local outing is quite the coincidence to me.

Offline LarryH

Delightful stories, Deb! The "Elmira" coincidences nudging you to start this discussion group are a great example of synchronicities related to spiritual guidance/life path.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:52:41 PM by LarryH »

Offline jbseth

Hi Deb,

Those, "on a whim" moments, like the one you had where you decided to buy this young woman a set of colorful pens, can be powerful intuitional nudges.

Love the story about the 3 incidences occurring in one outing, having to do with Elmira.

jbseth

Offline jbseth

Hi All,

Recently, on Oct. 15, 2018, in the topic, titled “Thavis is Here”, I referenced a quote that I have sometimes heard, “There are no “atheists” in foxholes.”

Today, Oct. 21, 2018, while my wife and I were catching up on the recent TV episodes of the show, NCIS, one of the characters on the show said, “There are no “atheists” in foxholes.”, I just had to smile.  

I suspect that these types of things probably occur much more often than we realize.

jbseth

Offline Deb

• Administrator
    • Like us on Facebook!
Nice one!

I just had one. I'm back in Prague, was supposed to fly home tomorrow but the flight was cancelled without warning, so we have an extra day here.

It's night, dark out, just had dinner, walked around a bit, crossed the Charles Bridge and took some photos with my iPhone which turned out pretty nice.

FYI my son is moving back home for a few weeks at the end of October, until his next housing situation is available. He's 23, often ignores our texts and rarely initiates contact. To his credit he's a sous chef, works long hours, but he still thinks his parents are nerds.

I just decided to send my son one of my photos with a text asking if he wants to move some things into the house ahead of time, and to let him know we'll be getting home a day late. As soon as I pressed Send I got a text from him asking if we were back home yet and how the trip was. I looked at my Sent message and saw it was still sending -- Internet is slow here and the photo delayed my message a few seconds.

While my original text was still being sent, I wrote back asking if we had texted at exactly the same time. Yes, we did. Considering my son's low contact rate, for me this was definitely a synchronistic event.  ;D

Offline jbseth

Hi Deb,

That's very cool. What a great example of a synchronous event.

jbseth

Offline Deb

• Administrator
    • Like us on Facebook!
A little story of synchronicity and also precognition.

My 23 year old son moved back home Nov 1. A temporary arrangement as he was waiting for his friend W's lease to expire in 2 months. There is a saying that a grown baby bird does not fit so well back in the nest. Truth.

Three adults in one house, two cars. My son works about a 30 minute drive from my house, and as a prep cook sometimes works 12-14 hour shifts. He normally takes the 4 wheel drive vehicle to work (public transportation from here would make the trip 1.5 hours one way). On Nov. 24 unknown to me he decided to take my 2006 Prius to work. Gas mileage was his reason. We were expecting light snow that night, and that car is not the best in deep snow or on ice. I've driven it here for 12 years of summer and winter and everything in between, with no problem. But I am a seasoned driver.

The evening of the 24th, a Saturday, and at home, I had a bad feeling. I can't express it other than texting my son, "It looks bad out there." That was about 10:45 pm. His shift was to end at 11:00 pm. I didn't get a response. Typical.

True confessions: lately I head up to bed about 9 pm. I read and surf the net for as long as I can stay awake. That night, I was still awake around 11:30 pm. In bed, but still fully dressed. I had the strongest feeling that I should not sleep, or relax, or change my clothes. That is unusual for me.

At 11:27 pm I got a call from him, that he'd been in a bad (single vehicle) accident. He had refused ambulance service and we were on the scene within 10-15 minutes. He tried to pass a truck that was traveling at a low speed in front of him. He moved to the right lane, and spun out on ice. Hit a large sign, mowed down a tree, came to rest nose to nose with a street lamp. Ended up with a broken right wrist, recently increasing right rib pain which we will examine tomorrow. Could have been much worse. My car was old but in perfect condition, was a total loss. I loved that car.

The synchronicity part: The friend he is planning to roommate with had a 2008 Prius. He came to visit my son several days ago, after the accident. W told me he'd had a similar weather-related accident in the past, in a Jeep. Four days ago he also had an accident... in his 2008 Prius. Not weather related. The car is totaled. And he has a few fractured ribs.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 03:58:38 PM by Deb »

Offline jbseth

Hi Deb,

I’m so sorry to hear about your son and his accident.  I hope everything turns out OK with him. Sometimes in an accident, our bodies go into shock and a day or so later, we discover aches and pains that we weren’t aware of at first. I’ll visualize healing energy for him.

As far as the car, that’s really too bad. My wife and I had a similar experience years ago. We had a 10 year old Toyota Corolla and it was a great car. It got totaled in an accident and while the insurance gave us some money back for it, it was not nearly as much as this car was worth to us. I think it could have easily gone on for at least another 100,000 miles.

jbseth

Offline Deb

• Administrator
    • Like us on Facebook!
Thanks jbseth. X-rays today show no rib fractures, so maybe just bruised bones. He'll recovery quickly.

As is typical for my "luck" -- the insurance company has been amazing and is actually sending a check that is double what research said my car was worth, because it was in excellent condition other than a little hail damage. But at 12 years old with 155,000+ miles on it, the car was the most reliable one I've ever had and could have gone another 100,000 miles. Other than a few tricky headlamp bulb changes that required some contortion and the use of inner senses (lol), everything still worked. I'm amazed at how safe the car ended up in being in such a crash. Drawers, visors and armrests having been flipped open tell me how hard the impact was.

I always feel things happen for a reason, and have been pondering the timing of this event and how it served as value fulfillment for several people all at once. I've got a little Seth in me. :)

The 2006 Prius has been replaced with a 2018 Prius of the same color. The new car is so smart I don't even have to think any more, it does it for me. This recent story is not far off from some of the abilities of my new car. And what was really amazing for me is that the new car was priced similarly to what I paid for the 2006 model.

Offline jbseth

Hi All,

I was just looking at the site below: "116 Amazing Facts for People who like Amazing Facts (see site below)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/smart-living/116-amazing-facts-for-people-who-like-amazing-facts/ss-AAnzXBJ?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=DELLDHP#image=61

and I literally just paged forward to item 61, which says that Brenda Lee was 13 years old when she recorded "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree".

At the very instant I paged forward to this item, the radio I was listening to started to play, "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree", by Brenda Lee.

I'd say that was a synchronous event. :)

jbseth

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
The opposite of black:
Twelve divided by two (word):