Synchronistic Events

Started by jbseth, August 19, 2018, 01:44:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

I really like the phrase, "When the student is ready, the master appears." because I have experienced this several times in my life.

From my personal experience, I've found that, "the master", isn't always necessarily a person either.

jbseth

jbseth

Hi LarryH, Hi All,

My wife and I have recently watched several episodes of a new show on TV called "God Friended Me".

This show may not be for everyone, but it's really pretty awesome. Its about a young man, who is somewhat of an atheist, who has an internet talk show. This young man, who's father is the minister of a church, get's friended by God on his smart phone. The stories are all about the people that this young man ultimately ends up helping out because of all the synchronous events that occur as a result of this.

It's very upbeat and positive.

Now that's a synchronous event.  :)

jbseth

Deb

I'll have to look into that show. I don't have cable TV any more, just internet, so hopefully I can find it somewhere.

OK, here's something that could at least be considered a coincidence.

When I was getting ready to leave for this trip I decided to get some small gifts for the family we'd be staying with in Austria. Business partner/friend of my hubby, his wife, two teen daughters. I bought the older girl (17) a journal and on a whim decided to buy her a set of colorful fountain pens to write and draw in it. Pilot makes a set of 7 in really fun, bright colors. I have always loved fountain pens, have a small collection, and most people don't even know what fountain pens are these days.

Before we'd gotten to the presents, the older daughter was doing math homework at the kitchen table. With a fountain pen. She said she loves them and showed me her small collection. Needless to say the gift was a hit.

Oh, the younger girl (15) is into ballet and I'd bought her a sterling silver ballet slipper necklace. I added a Swarovsky crystal in her birthstone. Of course she loved it, no surprises there. She's still wearing it 4 days later. But her mother was the surprised one — she said she had been looking for the slipper pendant forever and couldn't find one anywhere. Amazon is my best friend. :)

This might better a better story of synchronicity:

Quote from: Deb
One little story, which could be written off as coincidence: When I was debating whether I should make this forum or not, I went out to run an errand. Within a couple of minutes a car I was next to at a traffic light had a sticker  for Elmira College on the back. A while later, at another intersection, a different car had an Elmira, NY dealership sticker on the back. Later on, Elmira showed up on something else. Keep in mind I live near Denver, 1500+ miles away from New York. I finally decided it was Jane giving me the go-ahead nod. Am I delusional? Could be. But, to see Elmira not once, but three different times on one local outing is quite the coincidence to me.

LarryH

Delightful stories, Deb! The "Elmira" coincidences nudging you to start this discussion group are a great example of synchronicities related to spiritual guidance/life path.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Those, "on a whim" moments, like the one you had where you decided to buy this young woman a set of colorful pens, can be powerful intuitional nudges.

Love the story about the 3 incidences occurring in one outing, having to do with Elmira.

jbseth

jbseth

Hi All,

Recently, on Oct. 15, 2018, in the topic, titled "Thavis is Here", I referenced a quote that I have sometimes heard, "There are no "atheists" in foxholes."

Today, Oct. 21, 2018, while my wife and I were catching up on the recent TV episodes of the show, NCIS, one of the characters on the show said, "There are no "atheists" in foxholes.", I just had to smile.  

I suspect that these types of things probably occur much more often than we realize.

jbseth

Deb

Nice one!

I just had one. I'm back in Prague, was supposed to fly home tomorrow but the flight was cancelled without warning, so we have an extra day here.

It's night, dark out, just had dinner, walked around a bit, crossed the Charles Bridge and took some photos with my iPhone which turned out pretty nice.

FYI my son is moving back home for a few weeks at the end of October, until his next housing situation is available. He's 23, often ignores our texts and rarely initiates contact. To his credit he's a sous chef, works long hours, but he still thinks his parents are nerds.

I just decided to send my son one of my photos with a text asking if he wants to move some things into the house ahead of time, and to let him know we'll be getting home a day late. As soon as I pressed Send I got a text from him asking if we were back home yet and how the trip was. I looked at my Sent message and saw it was still sending -- Internet is slow here and the photo delayed my message a few seconds.

While my original text was still being sent, I wrote back asking if we had texted at exactly the same time. Yes, we did. Considering my son's low contact rate, for me this was definitely a synchronistic event.  ;D

jbseth

Hi Deb,

That's very cool. What a great example of a synchronous event.

jbseth

Deb

A little story of synchronicity and also precognition.

My 23 year old son moved back home Nov 1. A temporary arrangement as he was waiting for his friend W's lease to expire in 2 months. There is a saying that a grown baby bird does not fit so well back in the nest. Truth.

Three adults in one house, two cars. My son works about a 30 minute drive from my house, and as a prep cook sometimes works 12-14 hour shifts. He normally takes the 4 wheel drive vehicle to work (public transportation from here would make the trip 1.5 hours one way). On Nov. 24 unknown to me he decided to take my 2006 Prius to work. Gas mileage was his reason. We were expecting light snow that night, and that car is not the best in deep snow or on ice. I've driven it here for 12 years of summer and winter and everything in between, with no problem. But I am a seasoned driver.

The evening of the 24th, a Saturday, and at home, I had a bad feeling. I can't express it other than texting my son, "It looks bad out there." That was about 10:45 pm. His shift was to end at 11:00 pm. I didn't get a response. Typical.

True confessions: lately I head up to bed about 9 pm. I read and surf the net for as long as I can stay awake. That night, I was still awake around 11:30 pm. In bed, but still fully dressed. I had the strongest feeling that I should not sleep, or relax, or change my clothes. That is unusual for me.

At 11:27 pm I got a call from him, that he'd been in a bad (single vehicle) accident. He had refused ambulance service and we were on the scene within 10-15 minutes. He tried to pass a truck that was traveling at a low speed in front of him. He moved to the right lane, and spun out on ice. Hit a large sign, mowed down a tree, came to rest nose to nose with a street lamp. Ended up with a broken right wrist, recently increasing right rib pain which we will examine tomorrow. Could have been much worse. My car was old but in perfect condition, was a total loss. I loved that car.

The synchronicity part: The friend he is planning to roommate with had a 2008 Prius. He came to visit my son several days ago, after the accident. W told me he'd had a similar weather-related accident in the past, in a Jeep. Four days ago he also had an accident... in his 2008 Prius. Not weather related. The car is totaled. And he has a few fractured ribs.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

I'm so sorry to hear about your son and his accident.  I hope everything turns out OK with him. Sometimes in an accident, our bodies go into shock and a day or so later, we discover aches and pains that we weren't aware of at first. I'll visualize healing energy for him.

As far as the car, that's really too bad. My wife and I had a similar experience years ago. We had a 10 year old Toyota Corolla and it was a great car. It got totaled in an accident and while the insurance gave us some money back for it, it was not nearly as much as this car was worth to us. I think it could have easily gone on for at least another 100,000 miles.

jbseth

Deb

Thanks jbseth. X-rays today show no rib fractures, so maybe just bruised bones. He'll recovery quickly.

As is typical for my "luck" -- the insurance company has been amazing and is actually sending a check that is double what research said my car was worth, because it was in excellent condition other than a little hail damage. But at 12 years old with 155,000+ miles on it, the car was the most reliable one I've ever had and could have gone another 100,000 miles. Other than a few tricky headlamp bulb changes that required some contortion and the use of inner senses (lol), everything still worked. I'm amazed at how safe the car ended up in being in such a crash. Drawers, visors and armrests having been flipped open tell me how hard the impact was.

I always feel things happen for a reason, and have been pondering the timing of this event and how it served as value fulfillment for several people all at once. I've got a little Seth in me. :)

The 2006 Prius has been replaced with a 2018 Prius of the same color. The new car is so smart I don't even have to think any more, it does it for me. This recent story is not far off from some of the abilities of my new car. And what was really amazing for me is that the new car was priced similarly to what I paid for the 2006 model.

Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

jbseth

Hi All,

I was just looking at the site below: "116 Amazing Facts for People who like Amazing Facts (see site below)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/smart-living/116-amazing-facts-for-people-who-like-amazing-facts/ss-AAnzXBJ?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=DELLDHP#image=61

and I literally just paged forward to item 61, which says that Brenda Lee was 13 years old when she recorded "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree".

At the very instant I paged forward to this item, the radio I was listening to started to play, "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree", by Brenda Lee.

I'd say that was a synchronous event. :)

jbseth

Deb

Good one!

Wow, 13, that's amazing. She sounds older.

I was surprised when I found out that Arlo Guthrie was 19 when his Alice's Restaurant album was produced. I was listening to the song on Thanksgiving while I was cooking, our local radio station plays it throughout the day every year. It still makes me laugh.

Deb

A small event that I almost missed today.

I went to the local Floyd's to get a haircut this morning. My stylist was behind on her schedule, so I decided to pick a magazine off the rack to kill some time. Of the two dozen or so magazines with impossibly young and beautiful models and starlets on the cover, I settled for a tattered National Geographic dated Oct 2018. About half way though there was an article on jellyfish. That's when I remembered a dream from last night. I was walking somewhere near what I thought was a lake or stream. Washed up on a rock near the shore was a small jellyfish, maybe 2" in diameter. It looked just like a Moon jelly in the article. I didn't see tentacles, just the top, as it was lying flat on the rock. But I knew what it was. I can't say I've EVER dreamed about jellyfish, so while this was a small matter it was significant enough for me.

Oh, there was also an article about flowers being viewed under ultraviolet light. Gorgeous. Talk about the senses being lovely liars (planning a response to that topic). There is much outside of our perceptible EMF range of vision and sound. There are insects and animals that have the ability to sense things outside of the human range, and yet most people only believe in what they can see, hear or feel.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

That's awesome when that occurs (remembered that you dreamed about something last night, after you saw the dream symbol or experienced the dream event, the following day). This happens to me on occasion.

Sometimes, I'll also remember the dream the next morning, and then after this, I'll see the dream symbol or experience the dream event, later on in the same day or within a few days. 

Does this happen to you too?  :)

jbseth 

jbseth

Hi Deb,

I just took a look at those flowers photographed under UV light.

Wow, those pictures are beautiful. I especially liked the Bee Balm and the floral bouquet.  Like the Nat. Geo. article says, it does seem to make you think that you are on Pandora, from James Cameron's movie "Avatar".

I wonder if this is where he got the idea for that???

Thanks for sharing.

jbseth

Deb

Quote from: jbseth
Sometimes, I'll also remember the dream the next morning, and then after this, I'll see the dream symbol or experience the dream event, later on in the same day or within a few days. 

I can't say that I've noticed that happening, I tend to be a little thick about that stuff. But since this last experience I'm going to be paying more attention!

I wonder if this is where he got the idea for that???

Great question, I don't know. I do love the bee balm as well. I went to his web site but it didn't explain how he got into the UV photography, although he does explain the process a little. I have a special interest in it because I used to have African Grey parrots and I'd read they see into the UV spectrum. Bees as well. Plus I'm a certified botanical illustrator although I haven't done any of that for too many years. His flowers would be a lot of fun to paint. When I was a kid I used to try to imagine what I was seeing in different colors because at some point I realized that people probably see colors differently. Such as, what I see as blue may what you see as my orange, but we both agree to label the color "blue." I'd try to imagine a yellow sky, pink grass, etc. I think part of the charm of these photos for me is that they provide such a different color spectrum from what I'm used to.

Deb

It happened again, another dream connection!

I'm starting an art class tomorrow. Many years ago I was teaching my son and a couple of his little friends how to draw. I had bought them all art supplies, we didn't get too far, and about a year ago I gave my son all the supplies we hadn't used. He was storing them in a closet.

This morning I asked if he still had some sketch pads. He pulled out 5 sketch pads and gave them all to me. I picked one, put it aside. I just now opened it and there, on the first page, written in little boy printing:

[heart] to mom.
I love you alot its hard
to explain I wish could
do it but it not that
plain. I love mr. blue
I
like that mr. blue
is blue. I think
he does too. How about you?

Mr. Blue is a stuffed bear that I was given at my baby shower. He was my son's favorite stuffed animal and I still have him somewhere in the house.

Seeing this reminded me that I had a very brief dream about Mr. Blue last night. In it, my son was with a friend, who was holding Mr. Blue. I was explaining to the friend about Mr. Blue and that the toy is actually a little older than my son, who is 23.

I have NEVER dreamed about this toy before, and no reason to have dreamed about it last night, I haven't thought about the toy in years.

;D

LarryH

Yesterday I gave a talk Synchronicity - A Wink from the Hidden Domain at a local spiritual center. Most of the synchronistic events, all of the quotes from Seth and others, and my accompanying opinions are already in this thread. I think I shared about 10 synchronicities, and the talk lasted about 1/2-hour. It was very well-received with many positive comments afterwards and requests to speak again. Maybe my next topic will be Seth. This forum and the Seth search engine will be great tools if I choose to do that.

jbseth

Hi ALL,

Last week on Tuesday, I was looking at a post from Sena, on a Gnostic ebook (see link below) and in the first chapter of this posted ebook, it talks about the murder of a woman who lived in Alexandria in the 5th century CE named Hypatia. I don't recall ever reading about or hearing of Hypatia before.

Then, 2 days later, on Thursday, while I was looking through a book on Calculus, in one of the side boxes, used throughout this book, where they talk about various people that had an influence on math, there was a side box on this very same person, Hypatia. Apparently Hypatia, also wrote about or did some work on conic sections.

Thus, a person that I had never heard of, Hypatia, showed up 2 times in my life, all within 2 days of each other. I think that perhaps this qualifies as an interesting synchronistic event.  :)

https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=1630.msg12465#new

jbseth

Deb

Thus, a person that I had never heard of, Hypatia, showed up 2 times in my life, all within 2 days of each other. I think that perhaps this qualifies as an interesting synchronistic event.   

I have to agree with you, what are the chances, right?  ;D

I really enjoy synchronicity, it's one of the fun things in life.

LarryH

Recently, a Coast-to-Coast radio show guest was talking about synchronicity, and a caller shared this anecdote: he was in a small group discussing whether they could create synchronicities, and they decided to all create intentions for certain specific things to happen. They came up with 4 or 5 events, and most of them happened while they were together. He gave two examples, the first of which I forget. The second was that they decided that they would give an orange to a spiritual master. They were in a public place, and a man selling incense asked one in the group if he was trying to open his third eye because he could see that it was opening and closing. The caller asked this street vendor if he was some sort of spiritual master, to which the man replied, "Yes, I am a Sufi master!" The caller said, "Well, then, I guess this orange is for you."

jbseth

Hi Deb, Hi LarryH, Hi All,

Me too Deb. I love these synchronistic events.

LarryH, awesome story on the Sufi Master and the orange.

jbseth

Deb

Synchronicity (?) from a long time ago. My husband and I planned a trip to England. It was going to be my first trip to Europe. The plan was to have no real plan because I like to wander. We rented a car at Gatwick, were going to drive south and then west and stay in whatever town or village suited us at the time, following the b&b signs. I'd said I wished we had a theme for our travels, but was happy with being spontaneous. A few days before we left, the travel section of the local newspaper (which I typically didn't read) just happened to run a story on henges across England. We had our theme! I had no idea about henges other than Stonehenge and wasn't interested in seeing that because it's fenced off and you can't get near it. Well, you can't even imagine how many henges there are in the UK! http://www.stone-circles.org.uk/stone/

We spent maybe 10 days combining the original plan of wandering with some henges as destinations to give us a sense of direction. We went as far south as Penzance (Merry Maidens), visited some coastal villages in western England, took a one day trip (two steps forward, one step back) into the bookstore town of Hay-on-Wye in Wales, back to England to visit The Hurlers henge in the Cornwall, stayed in a town that was built inside an enormous henge (Avebury) and saw a few smaller henges, burial mounds, barrows and tumuli from the Neolithic age along the way. Because where ever you are in England—there's probably a henge nearby. Hands down, it was THE best vacation ever and the henges made it special. Which I never would have experienced were it not for the perfectly timed newspaper article.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Thanks for that. I had no idea that there were so many henges in the UK. Neat sync with the newspaper. :)

jbseth

Deb

Both happened on Monday!

Event #1: In the morning I was researching a solution to a technical issue on a website, and after searching on the error message I ended up at StackExchange. A person that offered the solution made a comment that it was an Ubuntu solution. I didn't know if that was someone's name or what. Later that day, a friend posted a meme on FB showing African kids in a circle with some sort of story and a brief explanation of the word Ubuntu. A little more research and I found out it's also the name of a software operating system, which is probably what the first person meant. So two different uses of a word I'd never heard of before, in the same day, with a fairly appropriate demonstration of the word. Triple play!  ;D

"In Africa, ubuntu means humanity. It is often translated as "I am because we are," and also "humanity towards others", but is often used in a more philosophical sense to mean "the belief in a universal bond of sharing that connects all humanity"."

"Ubuntu is an open source software operating system that runs from the desktop, to the cloud, to all your internet connected things."

Event #2: In the afternoon I was at a friend's house. I was telling her about Jane's Little Book to Leonard that I had the pleasure to lay out for printing. I was telling her that Mary Dillman sent me the original book so that I could get quality photos of the pages. As I was telling her how excited I was to have original art of Jane's in my hands, I relived the rush of excitement and goose bumps of holding the orginal book. At that moment, the electricity went out in her house. I stopped and said, "Did I do that?" and immediately the power came back on. No reason for it to happen, the weather was beautiful, no work being done in the area. It hasn't  happened again. She texted me this morning, and added at the end "What a wonderful energy demo, I will make time to look up Seth!!!"

Update: It happened again. On March 12 someone posted an image on FB, a page from a book I'd never heard of called The Velveteen Rabbit. I saved the image because I thought it was funny -- it's about becoming "real" but to me it sounded an awful lot like getting old. Today I finally had a chance to put the image up in my own FB post. Then I went out to run some errands. I was listening to the local comedy station on the car radio, and Maria Bamford was talking about getting older. I wasn't listening 100% but then she ended her story with, "ah, The Velveteen Rabbit."  ;D

jbseth

Hi Deb,

Wow, those are all awesome "sync" events.

I like the meaning behind the word "Ubuntu". It reminds me of the Hawaiian word "Ohana", which means something like, "We are all one" or "We are all family".

The second event with the Jane book, your excited energy and the power fluctuation; that's very cool. Then, along with this, the fact that this event inspired your friend to make time to look up "Seth"; that's very, very cool. :)

The Velveteen Rabbit sync event is also very cool.

It's things like this that make me think, Seth really knew what he was talking about, when he said, "There are no accidents."   :)

jbseth

Deb

OK, this is nuts. Yesterday I was familiarizing myself with a theme for a new website I'm building. Big learning curve, lots of bells and whistles and settings, etc. I was looking over the font choice settings, and one of the maybe 15 fonts available was named Ubuntu!

I wonder if a trip to Africa is in my future...  Actually, it's one place I've not been interested in visiting. I've heard some horror stories of animal attacks and had a friend almost die from a parasite she picked up there.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

After your post today, I thought I'd take a look at the version of MicroSoft Word, I have on my laptop, to see if they also have a font called "Ubuntu".  Unfortunately, it turns out that they don't, but it sure would have been fun to find out that they did. 

On a different topic, I don't know if this is a sync event or not, but the other day, I just happened to come across and view a site that listed the State Departments Level 1 – 4 ratings regarding travel to other countries.  I haven't been able to find this same site again but below is a similar link.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/us-travel-advisories/

There are a lot of African countries, listed in Level 3 and Level 4.

In the 1990's, one of the many people that I occasionally worked with at my job was a woman named Susan. During a conversation I had with her, Susan told me that she'd be out of town for a couple of weeks because her and her fiancé, were taking a trip to Africa. She told me that they were going to go on a tour to see the Mountain Gorilla's and then go on a safari.

While Susan and her tour group were in Africa, a hostile armed guerilla group found her tour group and brutally murdered most of them. Some of the tour group members somehow managed to escape, but Susan wasn't one of them.

This event didn't occur as a result of 2 hostile African countries. Instead it occurred as a result of an armed conflict going on between 2 African cultures (the Hutu's and the Tutsi's). Susan and her tour group unfortunately just got caught in the middle of this.

Sadly, the following website from the NY Times talks about this very specific incident and it is somewhat graphic. It's definitely OK, not to read it.

https://www.nytimes.com/1999/03/03/world/8-tourists-slain-in-uganda-including-us-couple.html

I know we each create our own reality, but if you're going to go to Africa, please be sure to check out which countries you'll be visiting and look into what's been going on there in the recent past.

I'd love to go to Africa. But I'd definitely do some research before I ever did so.

jbseth

jbseth

Hi All,

Ever since we started this post, I've been trying to keep alert consciously for any synchronous events that occur to me. I think I may have just had a synchronous event this morning about a book on "Synchronicity".

This morning I was posting a reply to Sena at "The mystery of life" post at this site, in response to a previous post that he had made there, where he attached a link to a blog by an open-minded neuroscientist called Natalie Trent (see link below)

https://drnatalietrent.com/blog/intuition-and-the-filter-theory-of-consciousness/

In this link, Natalie references an article by herself, M. Beauregard and G. E. Schwartz.

In my reply to Sena this morning, I told him that I was familiar with both Mario Beauregard and Gary E. Schwartz.  Then, after this, in this same reply to Sena, I posted a separate Amazon link to the books written by each of these 2 authors.

At the Amazon site for Gary E Schwartz (see below) it shows that one of his latest books is called, "Super Synchronicity: Where Science and Spirit Meet".

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=gary+e.+schwartz&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

I don't know if I just had a synchronous event about a book on synchronicity or not, but I thought that some of you may want to check out this book, if you get a chance.  I did the "look inside" thing that you can do at Amazon on some of their books, checked out the table of contents of this book and it look really interesting. I don't recall ever hearing about this book before, prior to having I looked at this Amazon site this morning.

- jbseth

LarryH

Last week, my daughter in Brooklyn was taking a bus home. Since she was talking to her mom on the phone, she was distracted enough to miss her stop. She got off at the next stop, and saw a man lying in the street next to a car. At first, she thought maybe he was working on the car, but she went over to check, and he was dazed and bleeding. She asked him questions, and he was incoherent, so she called 911. She waited until the EMTs arrived and after awhile, she walked home. She said that there had been other people on the street that evening, but nobody else paid any attention to the man until she did. Synchronicity made sure that he got the treatment he needed earlier than would otherwise have happened. This also qualifies as a related phenomenon, serendipity: the occurrence and development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way.

Which leads me to a side note: I had a co-worker who had a habit of mispronouncing words, often to humorous effect. I secretly started to collect these words and applied my own definitions to them. After the list was three pages long, I presented it to him, and he loved it. He had pronounced "serendipity" as "serpendipity." My definition of serpendipity: The faculty of acquiring a snake just when you need one.

dougdi

In 2008 I worked late and was walking to my parked car. As I crossed the intersection at 57th and 7th Avenue in Manhattan I was struck by a truck, it hit my leg and ran over my foot. I mean a huge truck, just kept going probably never saw me. It was 10:30 pm and strangely the street was empty. I laid in the street for several minutes yelling for help, with nobody paying attention. The first people that walked by stopped to help and call 911. One of the two women asked my name and she asked if I knew Loretta, my cousin. Wow! They both were involved at a local church chorus I believe.

Interesting coincidence!

And yes it felt as though something yanked me away, another few inches would have been even more serious. Miraculously I had only tissue damage and a tiny toe fracture.

It was not my time, just a little lesson. Pay attention! I always check before I cross, just not this time.

Deb

OK you guys, these recent posts gave me total goose bumps. Seriously. All of them are amazing. And @dougdi yours make me think of the Netflix series Russian Doll (another topic), where she WAS killed in a similar situation but in another life that was eventually corrected.

And @jbseth since you started this topic, I too have been paying more attention. Your story about your friend visiting Africa was a shocker. That's a scenario that's never anticipated unless you're considering a visit to some war-torn country like Syria. I can't even imagine.

@LarryH, I loved the serpendipity definition, that actually did make me laugh out loud. And your story... again goosebumps. Or truthbumps as they've come to be known.

One of these days I'll share a story of when my best friend died when we attended a horse show. She had asthma and had a reaction, but everything about the situation was serendipitous. I just don't have it in me right now.

dougdi

This is my favorite synchronicity.

A year after my dad passed away I met and worked with a freelance writer that became one of my closest friends and musical partners. A year later we decided to share an apartment and set up a small music studio. As the movers brought in my shelving my buddy said "That looks like the shelves my friend Dave makes and sells". I said "Oh my dad used to work for this company Kxxxx and was a sales rep".

As it turned out, my dad worked for Dave and his dad during the last few years before he died. Dave is also a very close friend of Steve. Hmmm. Then a month later Steve and I drive up to Dave's home. Parked in the driveway was a car identical to the one my dad drove. And Dave, whom I've not yet met, said "Oh that was your dad's company car, the lease transferred to me".

There were no apparent reasons for these coincidences. The fact that Steve and I are like brothers suggests, to me, that there is a reason we are all connected in this way. I've been reading Seth since the first book was published and to me it all makes sense.  I believe all the important people in my life are all part of the "cast" in the play we're living. It should be a fantastic cast party when we all meet up after our physical lives!

Deb

Quote from: dougdi
I believe all the important people in my life are all part of the "cast" in the play we're living. It should be a fantastic cast party when we all meet up after our physical lives!

Wow, another amazing story @dougdi. Yep, I can just imagine the conversions we're all going to have in F2, discussing what went right, what could have gone better, virtual slaps on the back, chiding...

Your mention of the car triggered a memory from my childhood. I grew up in a small town in central Jersey. I remember my dad's license plate was EXN333. We had an old beater station wagon, he kept it running forever. Back in the days when you could actually repair your own car.

One day my aunt and uncle (my father's brother) drove down from north Jersey, about an hour or so away in those days. At some point I noticed their license plate—EXN334. So two brothers living in two different towns/counties, with cars purchased at different times (not even sure it would have been the same year), had license plates off by one digit. Even at the age of maybe 10, I was impressed by that. Still am, I guess.

I don't know how the DMV issued license plate numbers back in the 60s, so there could be an explanation other than coincidence. I hope not. :)

dougdi

That's a real good one! A sceptic would attribute that to sharing the same last name, but I don't think that's it.

Doug

jbseth

Hi Dougdi,

That's a really nice grouping of synchronistic events between your Dad, Dave, your friend Steve and yourself.

I'm with you, I too believe that the important people in our lives (both the good and the not so good) are all part here as members of a cast in this play of life. :)

Thanks for sharing.

- jbseth

LarryH

dougdi's favorite synchronicity reminds me of my series of interrelated career connections: The first industrial designer I ever met, as a teenager, Dick, was the husband of a co-worker of my mother's. He worked for Chrysler at the time. His portfolio was one of my inspirations for going into the same profession. When I was in college in Detroit working on my degree in industrial design, a practicing designer, Bill, came a few times to lecture. While a student, I was one of three national student representatives for IDSA, the professional organization of designers. I went to one national conference and roomed with Tony, one of the other student representatives, from San Jose State. After graduation, my first job was in California, where I joined a group of about 15 designers and clay modelers. Four of them had worked for Dick at Chrysler. In my second job, I worked for a design consulting firm in California, and they eventually hired Bill, the guy who had come to my school to lecture. He eventually became my manager. It turned out he had also worked for Dick at a large firm in Ohio after he left his Detroit job. In my third job, there was only one other designer at my facility, John, and he had worked for Dick as well. Three jobs, six connections back to Dick. But to top it all off, I found out from him that when Dick had left his position as Vice President of Design at this large Ohio firm, he had been replaced by Tony, the student that I had roomed with so long ago. 

jbseth

Hi All,

Several weeks ago, I ordered the book "Channeling" by Jon Klimo. When I ordered this book on-line, I didn't really pay much attention to the price (about $20), but I did recall that the shipping was free.

Today my wife was taking look at our recent purchases and she asked me if that book I purchased cost nineteen dollars and fifty four cents.  At the time she asked me this, I wasn't really paying attention to the cost, I was just focusing on looking it up.

When I finally saw the price, I noticed that it was $19.54 and that caught my eye.

I was born in 1954.

I'm not so sure if, $19.54, is a typical price for a book from Amazon, but maybe it's not that rare.

-jbseth

Deb

I'd have to say at this point there are NO coincidences. And the price does not seem typical in any way.

My copy came a few days ago. I'm in the process of finishing up A Gentleman in Moscow (I'm absolutely in love with this beautiful book), so Channelling is next on my list.

Sena

Last week on Tuesday, I was looking at a post from Sena, on a Gnostic ebook (see link below) and in the first chapter of this posted ebook, it talks about the murder of a woman who lived in Alexandria in the 5th century CE named Hypatia. I don't recall ever reading about or hearing of Hypatia before.

Then, 2 days later, on Thursday, while I was looking through a book on Calculus, in one of the side boxes, used throughout this book, where they talk about various people that had an influence on math, there was a side box on this very same person, Hypatia. Apparently Hypatia, also wrote about or did some work on conic sections.

Thus, a person that I had never heard of, Hypatia, showed up 2 times in my life, all within 2 days of each other. I think that perhaps this qualifies as an interesting synchronistic event.
jbseth, I only read your post today. Maybe Hypatia is a "saint", meaning an entity who is communicating with us.

jbseth

Hi Sena,

I don't know if she's an entity or not but it definitely sounds like she was way more spiritually, morally and ethically advanced than the people who killed her.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypatia

- jbseth

jbseth

Hi All,

I just saw this today on the internet. What an interesting synchronous event this was.

A man was having a heart problem. His heart was tracing at 200 beats per minute. An ambulance was called. On his 7 mile trip in the ambulance to the hospital, the driver hits a big deep pothole, and the physical shock of hitting this pothole resync's {no pun intended  :)} the man's heart beat to a normal rhythm.  How amazing is that?

You can read about it or watch the video at the link below.

https://www.nbc-2.com/story/40339246/pothole-may-have-saved-mans-life-by-jolting-heart-back-into-normal-rhythm

-jbseth

jbseth

Hi All,

Wow, I had a real interesting synchronous event today. About a month ago, I read the book, "Channeling: Investigations on Receiving Information from Paranormal Sources" by Jon Klimo. In this book, in Chapter Nine, under the subheading, "Receiving Spiritual Experience" the following quote can be found.

"He [my Guru] asked me to pray, but I could not pray. He replied that it did not matter, he and some others would pray and I had simply to go to the meeting ..., and wait and speech would come to me from some other source than the mind [ I did as I was told].

The speech came as though it was dictated, and ever since, all speech, writing, thought and outward activity have so come to me from the same source.
                                                                                                          -Sri Aurobindo"

This afternoon, I went to a local laundry room to do some laundry as we still haven't replaced our defective washing machine from several months ago. While in the laundry room, I started talking to a man I had never met before named Dileep, who's clothes came out of a dryer, with a fair amount of lint on some of them. It appeared that the lint trap in this dryer didn't work.

We started talking and Dileep shared with me that he has been very blessed in his life. I asked him what he meant by this and he told me that recently he spent some time in Dharamasala, India. I asked him, isn't that the Dalai Lama's residence and he responded yes, and then he said that he had spent a few days there. I told him that, this must have been awesome. Then he told me that he had also spent some time in some Buddhists temples in Thailand and in Hanoi.

After this, he mentioned the names of several guru's from India that he had met, some of which I was vaguely familiar with. Next he asked me if I knew who Sai Baba was? I told him yes, he's the man who was able to materialize objects. He told me that he has visited Sai BaBa's ashram on 5 separate occasions. He then showed me a photograph of Sai Baba that he had purchased in his ashram, which was a black and white photo of Sai Baba when he was a maybe in his 30's.

After this, he mentioned Sri Aurobindo, and asked me if I knew who he was. I told him that I knew of him and did my best to recall the quote above from the channeling book. Then he told me that Sri Aurobindo didn't have a master and I replied that this is what I had heard. He told me that Sri Aurobindo was really someone I might want to check out.

Next, he mentioned that one of these Guru's came to him in a dream and told him that this Guru told him that he needed to stop following these people and get on with his life. I asked him if he thought that maybe this might be his higher consciousness talking to him. He responded by saying no, he thought that it actually was this Guru.

We both thought that it was interesting that we had met each other, in a laundry room, in Hillsboro, Oregon on an April afternoon, and then he said, "There are no accidents" and I just had to smile. He commented that he was surprised that I knew something of what he was talking about and I told him that I was a reader of Jane Roberts, "Seth" channelings. In response to this, he told me that he knew of Jane Roberts and had read some of the Seth books in the 1980's.

We talked some more as he was getting ready to leave and I asked him what his future plans were. He told me that in June he planned to go to "Oh – Hi" (this is my spelling; I think he may have been talking about Ojai, California). Then in September he mentioned that he was going to France / Spain for a trip. I asked him if this was the Camino de Santiago, and he said yes. He told me that these trips just seem to call to him.

As he left the laundry room, we both wished each other well. I said good luck on your trips and he wished me well with getting my washing machine replaced. I think we both sensed a mutual connection with each other as fellow spiritual travelers on our independent journeys through life.

What an amazing synchronous event this turned out to be.

Has anyone here ever been to Ojai, California. It sounds like, from the internet, it may be a town with interesting art galleries and New Age shops.

- jbseth

jbseth

Hi All, Hi Larry H,

Well, here's another interesting synchronous event.

This morning, I was responding to a post made by Sena, about Susan Watkins.  Years ago, I had read a book of hers called something like, "Dreaming a Town" but I couldn't recall the exact name of it.

As a result of this, I decided to go to Amazon on the internet, and look up its name.   

While at the Amazon site, I discovered that Sue also wrote another book that I didn't known anything about. This book, which apparently was published in 2005, is called, "What A Coincidence, the wow! factor in synchronicity and what it means in everyday life."

Here's a link to this book.

https://www.amazon.com/What-Coincidence-factor-synchronicity-everyday/dp/1930491077/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=susan+m+watkins&qid=1557927763&s=gateway&sr=8-7

Larry H, I don't know if you're still collecting interesting stories on synchronous events or not, but I'll bet there are probably some very interesting stories in this book.

-jbseth

LarryH

Larry H, I don't know if you're still collecting interesting stories on synchronous events or not, but I'll bet there are probably some very interesting stories in this book.
Thanks, jbseth! I didn't know about this book either, and I thought I had read all of Sue Watkins' books.

Deb

A real ghost story. Again, I see a blurry line between coincidence, precognition and synchronicity.

Years ago (maybe 15?) I was a part of a local paranormal investigation team. A design client of mine, Patty, asked if we could investigate her sister's ("Sister") house in Park Hill, an older area east of Denver with charming old brick homes dating back to the turn of the century. Sister's two young children saw and heard an older female in the finished basement playroom a few times. Sister was afraid and was not present during our investigation.

There were 5 of us investigating that night. We had all our various meters and digital recorders. We did EVP (electronic voice phenomena) recordings in various parts of the house. At one point we were on the second floor landing and I saw a beautiful oil painting of two old charming houses. One of them looked like the house we were investigating. Patty said a friend had found the painting years ago at a garage sale, thought the house looked familiar, and gave it to Sister. It WAS the same house we were in. Of more interest, the second house turned out to be the house where Sister's husband had lived as a child. The houses are not located next to one another — they are several blocks apart. No idea who the artist was, or why the houses were painted together.

We had some interesting meter readings, a couple of interesting responses using my Frank's Box hack, but that was about it. We called it a night. I spent a few hours the next day listening to the digital recordings. I heard something that caught my attention, saved the clip and submitted it to an EVP forum. One of the people played the recording in reverse and it sounded like a very husky voiced man asking, "Margaret?"

Next day I was talking on the phone with Patty about work and impulsively asked, "Who is Margaret?" Silent pause. Then she asked, "Why?" I said it was something that came up during our investigation. A longer pause. Then she explained that the mother of Sister's husband was named Margaret. When the husband was a child, his father, a prominent doctor in the area, shot the mother and himself in the 2nd house in the painting. Husband, age 10 at the time, found the aftermath when he came home from school. Husband and his brother spent the rest of their childhood with relatives.

In the end, we all decided the grandparents were only lovingly interested in their grandchildren's lives and would "visit" on occasion. Not scary ghosts, but just loving grandparents. A clearing was done in the house, Sister asked the grandparents to please stop visiting because they scared everyone. The last thing I heard, things had calmed down and the house felt safe and peaceful.

I still don't understand the painting. If anyone has a feeling for how or why the painting came about, please pipe up.

Reading the Seth materials made me think and feel differently about ghost hunting and I lost interest for the most part because his explanations answered my questions. I was amused how often Seth mentioned ghosts in the books, and even referred to himself as one.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

That was a very interesting synchronous / ghost story.

It seems to me that there are some artists, who seem to specialize on certain themes. Bob Ross painted pictures with mountains, rivers and lots of trees. Thomas Kinkade, painted pictures where the focus seemed to be on light; the light coming from a cottage, a campfire, or a lighthouse. Robert Wyland paints pictures of ocean scenes, with dolphins, orcas and whales.

https://www.bobross.com/

https://thomaskinkade.com/

https://www.wyland.com/

Along this line, perhaps there was an artist who specialized in painting charming houses. Furthermore, this particular artist may have known about and liked both of these 2 houses and so he/she painted a picture that contained both of them. I don't think that this would necessarily be very unusual.

A friend saw this picture and recognized that one of the 2 houses in the picture looked just like her friends ("sister") house.  This kind of thing seems pretty rare. 

Then, the fact that the other house in the picture was actually the house that "sisters" husband grew up in; this kind of thing seems very rare, interesting and synchronous to me.

Of course, we all know from Seth that there really isn't any such thing as an event that occurred "on accident".

-jbseth

Deb

Hah.

I am very familiar with Bob Ross. I own a Kinkade. And also very familiar with Wyland.

An unknown local artist painting two charming but otherwise unremarkable houses in a part of town where all the houses are charming remains a mystery to me.

But then, there are no coincidences.

LarryH

Robert Wyland paints pictures of ocean scenes, with dolphins, orcas and whales.

Wyland is from Michigan and went to the same art school that I went to in Detroit (now named College for Creative Studies). We had some of the same teachers.