Christianity and the Bible: Egyptian roots?

Started by Christer, April 21, 2018, 04:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christer

Christ means the anointed one, and as customs was in Egypt at the real time when Christ walked among us was that kings and priests was anointed. All three Christ personalities was in fact Egyptian kings, all belonging to the Armana-period. Akhenaton starting the whole, forcing mono religion on the people (The biblical Moses, and in my opinion also John the Baptist). His son King Tut, is the historical Jesus. And Paul is King Tut`s general Horemheb, that was anointed as king 4 years later than the supposed death of King Tut. Anyway all Egyptian kings was the incarnation of the God deity, hence bible always referring to Pharaoh as the Lord, so when Pharaoh spoke indeed God was speaking. Mary was off course impregnated from a Pharaoh, hence she was made pregnant with God. It is no hocus pocus, only a misunderstanding of the customs at that time in Egypt, and hence the mental framework they where acting inside. Before the Armana incident it was Horus that was the main deity, and after it came Seth, later translated as Satan the Antichrist. The main deity in the Armana-period was the Aton, or the sun-God, representing the one God and that we are light. Anyway it is true what Seth are telling us, Paul, or Horemheb denied his involvement with the Christ-entity, he did in fact destroy the history of the other 2 personalities, but later had an epiphany that made him change his mind. After that he built the organization as Pharaoh Horemheb, and he gave the throne to Ramses I, that was the beginning of the problems with Christianity when followed bye Seti I that changed the main God from the Sun-God (Amun or Aton) to Seth, and this continued threw the 19.dynasty. The archeology has proven the Bible to be manipulated, names changed, historical places changed, and in fact a cover up of what really happened 3330 years ago. The episode happening 2000 years  ago was the mental and psychic happening, the episode involving the Armana-kings is the history with the real persons, hence the second coming was psychic and not physical. As Seth states, the history was deleted, it was deliberately forgotten, and proof is that later on when Ramses II made his famous steale listing all Egyptian kings and their deeds back to the first dynasty, all the Armana-royalties was erased from history less then 20 years later. In fact this cover up is the reason why king Tut`s tomb was found undisturbed and with a body inside. I do not state that the body really is Jesus due to Seth`s comments about the conspiracy made with the drugged want to be Jesus figure.

Deb

I'm currently traveling. If you haven't already come across this other topic, it is the most popular one on the forum to date. https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=669.0  The Return of the Christ Personality. Almost 23,000 views.

Deb

Quote from: Christer
I find it ok to start in a quiet corner. As you know belief is tricky stuff, if I say something someone could be offended of, the ball will start rolling and I will stop commenting.

I get it. I just thought I'd point out that "Return" topic because there were a lot of ideas being tossed around that I thought you might find interesting. But certainly a lot to read. We had a couple of Seth 'experts' going back and forth and things did get stirred up eventually and there was a mess to clean up. It wasn't a pleasant experience because, as you say, beliefs are tricky stuff.

I had an opportunity to read most of your posts on my flight home last night (all except your last one). You present a lot of new ideas, much to look up, consider and absorb. I'll have to read all of them again for it all to sink in properly. I'm a little hesitant to just jump right in with comments because my brain likes to process things slowly in the background and I know very little about Egyptian history, Lumaria, and am definitely not educated Judaism and Christianity because of my inherent resistance to religion. Yet, what you say in your posts strangely makes a lot of sense to me and right now it feels right. Jesus being King Tut is a new concept for me, but you make a good case. Thank you also for pointing out which statements you make that are deductions/feelings/thoughts, but if you do have links to back up what you say about some things please don't hesitate to add citations. We're all about references here. Well, at least I am. :)

I don't know how much you've explored this forum, but some of the things you mentioned in this thread were discussed in different ways in other topics in this forum, so you are really connecting the dots, nicely filling in some blanks. At least for me. It's been an interesting past few weeks with some loose ends coming together.

So, I accept that the Christian biblical story of Jesus (and bible history in general) is a conglomeration of metaphors, myths and legends adopted from other spiritual or religious belief systems; repeated themes throughout spiritual history such as the virgin birth of a prophet/son of god, the crucifixion and rising from the dead, but you're really taking things to the next level with your tie-ins to Egyptian history, India, Buddha, Krishna, Don Juan/Castaneda.

hence the second coming was psychic and not physical.

I'm still a little confused on the second coming of the Christ entity, because while at some times Seth states that there would be a second coming, I seem to recall him also saying that the second coming already took place so technically this will be a third coming for us. So the second physical coming for us? Sorry, I'm probably just splitting hairs at this point.

Part of me wonders why Seth had not brought up the Tut-Jesus connection, although I have not yet read ALL of the Seth books. And a little insider information: there are still a few unpublished sessions, transcripts, treasures out there. I'm personally attempting to assist in getting the unpublished things published (I am a graphic designer and have volunteered my services, have been involved in a few already). I do realize that Seth was trying to reveal information in an orderly fashion, not wanting to overwhelm Jane and Rob, wanting to present information to them when he felt they were ready to receive it. There is also the issue of Jane's religious background and her resistance to some of the information coming through, to the point that she would refuse to let Seth come through on certain things that bothered her.

Seth had proposed a 'future' book entirely devoted to Jesus and Christianity. He had also counted on Jane living much longer, to get more information channeled through her and into print. At least, it seems that was the original plan or agreement. Jane, in this reality, unfortunately chose an early exit. Probable realities being what they are, there are other realities (or at least one) where Jane continued to live and speak as Seth, so in some reality there is a book on Jesus, Christianity, and possibly the Tut connection.

I'm only getting started here. ;) I just wanted to get my feet wet. And I will read through your posts once again, and the latest one, which will probably prompt new insights for me.

Deb

A unpublished session Ron Card (Facebook) found in one of Rob's transcripts that he bought from Laurel. Underscores by Seth. Much more of this session can be found in the Unpublished Material topic here on this forum.

Seth: "The exploits of the historical Christ were composed of the activities of several men, wound into myth and fantasy – woven into a tale so spectacular, however, that it changed the course of civilization. Christianity it is so important precisely because it is not based upon that realm of activity that you call fact.

Christianity gained its vitality because its roots superseded the world of fact, and formed the legend of a man called Christ, who within himself contained the most divine attributes that man could imagine, and gave birth in an historical context to an understandable picture of man's greater reality. Men believed what they wanted to believe, and so from the lives of several men they formed a legend – each believing the legend to be true. One of the men, Paul, was a charlatan. Yet he was a miracle-worker, for he inflamed men's imaginations and in his deception proved the validity of a vision in which he himself did not believe.

Now, the story of Paul comes down to you, and the story of his miraculous conversion — yet there were numberless unknown others as "legitimately" struck by God — awakened into truth, who followed OTHER Gods, other pathways that were NOT accepted in your historic line of continuity. None of this contradicts the existence of the Christ spirit — which always existed despite, or separate from, the individual or individuals involved.

There were miracle-workers all over Jerusalem. Rome was dead already, and no FIRE was burning. That fire became Christianity, but it burned messiahs in its wake. Early Christianity was filled with fire, and only its oriental connections gave it touches of mercy.

The TEXTS were rewritten time and time again. In some ways Paul destroyed more than he saved. It took centuries for the theories to jell."

T.M.

It would be better for us the readers if there where made questions about the physical and psychic event. There is the historical Christ that is 3 persons merged into one, and the story is to fantastic told in myths and fables. And there is the psychic event where the old stories becomes one biblical Christ named Jesus.

The words spoken threw Jane talking about Christ, do not always mention witch of the stories we are in reality talking about. If  he involves Rome and Jerusalem, it has to be the psychic event, and regarding the historical event he do not give to much details, not in time, nor place, or their real names, he always talk about them with the biblical names Jesus, Peter and Paul. But these names are the biblical story, and not the factual story. It is like giving the rabbit a carrot to chase you see, he never intended to give away that answer to easy, because history will in itself show it to us in the probable future we all as individual "souls" chose to go :) For me it is obvious from whom in history the legend comes from, but for many people are that not so obvious, because they then have to check the facts ;)

We are in one way suffering from Jane`s own focus, only focusing on the biblical framework, and not fishing for the real story behind the Christ story. The people that makes connections between Osiris and Christ are on the right trail, but the same people do not see that king Tut did copy the Osiris story in his tomb. Seth could if he would, tell a more detailed story with historical facts to hand us the world picture for this probable moment, but he did not.

Because of the limitless probable futures, pasts and now`s, in my opinion Seth could not paint the future for us, but he could be an effect of inner needs, inner questions materialized threw Jane Roberts. He himself states that the future is not yet made, it belongs to the system of probabilities and we each has to chose where to go with our focus point, and what to experience threw our beliefs. The only prophecy he made was about the reincarnation of the historical man called Paul in the Bible, and the only reason for that Seth himself states with that the expectation was born long time ago, and that it would materialize in all probable futures, but how it manifests belongs to the realm of probable futures (the Lords ways are mysterious, but in fact a materialization from the inner world into the physical image, but how the symbols manifest is the mystery, but the belief drags it into experience anyhow). Seth can and could not guide us into the future, but he could tell us that we ourselves make it with our beliefs, every single one of us privately and collectively.

"The people that makes connections between Osiris and Christ are on the right trail, "

From my own research, I have come to the conclusion that the Roman Catholic Church basically rewrote Egyptian religion, then claimed it as it's own.
The only thing I'm wondering is, which Egpyt. I'm also pretty sure that Egyptian religion belonged to and preceded what we think of as our version of man. Perhaps the elongated skull people.

Deb

We are in one way suffering from Jane`s own focus, only focusing on the biblical framework, and not fishing for the real story behind the Christ story. The people that makes connections between Osiris and Christ are on the right trail, but the same people do not see that king Tut did copy the Osiris story in his tomb.

Good points. The thing is, Seth intended to provide more information about the Christ story and other things. He had a book planned dealing entirely with the Christ entity, but all of that didn't happen in "this" probability because Jane decided to die early. There are other probable realities where Jane continued on and more Seth materials were produced. Seth dribbled out knowledge in small portions because he didn't think Rob/Jane could handle the whole truth at once. Just recently I came across a quote of his about that, how he would love nothing better than just be able to deliver massive amounts of information to Rob and Jane but he had to restrain himself. And I agree that Jane's religious background and beliefs had a lot to do with the meat of the Christ story being held back. She had conflicts, was able to block Seth when she felt uncomfortable.

I have no doubt the story of Christian history and events were adopted from past myths and religions. It seems most religions did that. Even with modern Christianity it's no secret that certain holidays, rituals, historical dates were adopted from the Pagans, at least. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Sena

Quote from: T.M.
"The people that makes connections between Osiris and Christ are on the right trail, "

From my own research, I have come to the conclusion that the Roman Catholic Church basically rewrote Egyptian religion, then claimed it as it's own.
T.M.,
I agree.

"...... the creators of the Christ myth did not simply take an already formed story, scratch out the name of Osiris or Horus, and replace it with Jesus. They chose their motifs carefully, out of the most popular religious symbols, myths and rituals, making sure they fit to some degree with the Jewish "messianic scriptures," as they are termed, and created a new story that hundreds of millions since have been led to believe really and truly took place in history. Over the centuries, those who have clearly seen this development have asserted that this history is a fallacy imposed upon long pre-existing myths and rituals that have been reworked to result in the gospel story. In other words, we are convinced that "Jesus Christ" may well be a fictional character created out of older myths, rituals and symbols." (from "Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection" by Acharya S, D.M. Murdock)

From the Kindle edition: http://amzn.eu/7lLfA1I

T.M.

Hi Sena,

I read Murdocks book awhile ago. It's a good read!

There's something the Pope's say, and I forget offhand what it is. A prayer, hymn, or some such.
Other than, it's an exact quote from Osiris, word for word. Blew me away when I heard it, and realized it's true origin.

jbseth

Quote from: Deb
A unpublished session Ron Card (Facebook) found in one of Rob's transcripts that he bought from Laurel. Underscores by Seth. Much more of this session can be found in the Unpublished Material topic here on this forum.From: Session 748, for June 2, 1975. Seth: "The exploits of the historical Christ were composed of the activities of several men, wound into myth and fantasy – woven into a tale so spectacular, however, that it changed the course of civilization. Christianity it is so important precisely because it is not based upon that realm of activity that you call fact. Christianity gained its vitality because its roots superseded the world of fact, and formed the legend of a man called Christ, who within himself contained the most divine attributes that man could imagine, and gave birth in an historical context to an understandable picture of man's greater reality. Men believed what they wanted to believe, and so from the lives of several men they formed a legend – each believing the legend to be true. One of the men, Paul, was a charlatan. Yet he was a miracle-worker, for he inflamed men's imaginations and in his deception proved the validity of a vision in which he himself did not believe.

Hi Deb,

I went to the Ron Card link and read what was written there regarding session 748.

Wow, that was fascinating. Especially what Seth had to say about Paul being a charlatan.

Thanks for posting and sharing that information.

jbseth

I'm just wondering if you or anyone else ever recalls Seth making such a statement.

T.M.

Hi Christer,

Thank you for the Egyptian material. I admit I'm fascinated with Egypt. Also trying to figure out who's who in the bible. I know a good amount of the bible is written in a kind of code. I will definitely be reading through this thread a few times.
You have a way of writing that keeps me on edge waiting for the next sentence. When you write your book let us know. I would definitely be very interested in reading it!

If I could simply walk back in time to anywhere, it would be ancient Egypt!

T.M.

Hi Christer,

Perhaps I should have chosen symbolism vs code.  :)

For in, I think, is a kind of coded information. If one knows the symbols.
I have a wide variety of interests and subjects I study. From Seth to occult to conspiracy and on and on.

I do wish i could tap into my other lives. Other than a few vague impressions, I can't say with any certainty what/where/when, they are. I'm rereading many of the Seth materials, and other's in hopes of learning to unlock those doors.
I'm also trying to learn to just go with my feelings on those impressions.

Concerning symbolism and Egypt. There's an author, Tony Bushby. He has spent the bulk of his literary career ripping modern day religion apart. In one of his books, he goes into Egypt, Tarot, and the Torah, in good detail.
Also some of the most interesting take on Egyptian history I've seen in print. Some really good info on Tarot as well, if anyone is interesting in that subject. If I remember correctly, it fits nicely with Seth's view, that we create our own realities, and to be careful what one does with that creative power.   

It's available as a free pdf.
Tony Bushby The Secret in the Bible. 
https://www.pdfdrive.com/tony-bushby-the-secret-in-the-bible-e19388021.html

If that link doesn't work, just Google name and title and a few links will pop up. It's about time for me to re-read it as well :)

T.M.

If you are into conspiracies you would like to know that the Freemasons use Egyptian symbolism, and that the grand architct of the universe or the supreme being seems for me to be Ptah. Immediately after Horemheb as Pharaoh, we do see the entrance of Seth in the Ramesses-dynasty, and in line 5 you will see Ptah emerge, and there is a red line from that happening to what we see in todays world picture about elite people following an ancient plan. But I do not care to discuss conspiracies, I know I make my own world picture, and if there are conspiracies, they are my own mental creation ;) The use of egyptian rituals, symbols, and the belief in Ptah by the Freemasons, is a direct evidence from where the idea comes from. I do not though believe many of them know why they use these rituals, but where the rituals comes from, and the symbolism comes from is evident.

I couldn't agree with you more :)

I'm going to try to steer clear of my conspiracy speak for the most part on this board. It's my own little passion play :)
Thank you for your writings, I'm definitely going to have to re-read and ponder upon them at night.
Bushby does get into some crazy kind of ideas at the end of his book. I just think you might find the bulk of the info, interesting.

It's 90% where I'm at, and the pool is inviting me to go for a swim!

It's been awhile since I've used bulletin boards. I still haven't figured out how to use partial quotes either.

T.M.

I used to read Casteneda  :)

"They [the sorcerers of ancient Mexico] discovered that we have a companion for life. We have a predator that came from the depths of the cosmos and took over the rule of our lives. Human beings are its prisoners. The predator is our lord and master. It has rendered us docile, helpless. If we want to protest, it suppresses our protest. If we want to act independently, it demands that we don't do so." [...]

"You have arrived, by your effort alone, to what the shamans of ancient Mexico called the topic of topics. I have been beating around the bush all this time, insinuating to you that something is holding us prisoner. Indeed we are held prisoner! This was an energetic fact for the sorcerers of ancient Mexico." [...] "They took over because we are food for them, and they squeeze us mercilessly because we are their sustenance. Just as we rear chickens in chicken coops, gallineros, the predators rear us in human coops, humaneros. Therefore, their food is always available to them." [...]

"I want to appeal to your analytical mind...Think for a moment, and tell me how you would explain the contradiction between the intelligence of man the engineer and the stupidity of his systems of beliefs, or the stupidity of his contradictory behavior. Sorcerers believe that the predators have given us our systems of beliefs, our ideas of good and evil, our social mores. They are the ones who set up our hopes and expectations and dreams of success or failure. They have given us covetousness, greed, and cowardice. It is the predators who make us complacent, routinary, and egomaniacal." [...]

"In order to keep us obedient and meek and weak, the predators engage themselves in a stupendous maneuver-stupendous, of course, from the point of view of a fighting strategist. A horrendous maneuver from the point of view of those who suffer it. They gave us their mind! Do you hear me? The predators give us their mind, which becomes our mind. The predators' mind is baroque, contradictory, morose, filled with the fear of being discovered any minute now. "I know that even though you have never suffered hunger, you have food anxiety, which is none other than the anxiety of the predator who fears that any moment now its maneuver is going to be uncovered and food is going to be denied. Through the mind, which, after all, is their mind, the predators inject into the lives of human beings whatever is convenient for them. And they ensure, in this manner, a degree of security to act as a buffer against their fear."

This is the reason more and more I'm starting to walk away from conspiracies. Sadly they are all true, and every human today must find their own way through that, or not, and make peace with it, and then live they're life the way they see fit.
All the conspiracy stuff comes from the mind of the predator. In that sense there is no group effort, one is on one's own, to find the way home.  :)

I'm working more and more on the qoute below, I've always loved it!

"For me there is only the traveling on paths that have heart, on any path that may have heart, and the only worthwhile challenge is to traverse its full length--and there I travel looking, looking breathlessly."

jbseth

Hi All,

I use to read Carlos Casteneda too. However, after reading "the Second Ring of Power" and "The Eagles Gift", they seemed to become kind of repetitive, and so I lost interest.

A couple of years ago I read the book, "Sorcerer's Apprentice: My Life with Carlos Casteneda", by Amy Wallace. In this book Amy talks about her life with Carlos and the "witches". What she describes in her book, sounds like what Carlos may have done was create a cult with him as the leader. Furthermore, after reading this book, I'm very dubious about any claims that his books are non-fiction. 

More recently I read the book "Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss", by Dennis McKenna. This book is about Dennis McKenna and his life with his brother Terence McKenna, who apparently became somewhat of a counter-culture, drug investigator.

During their lives, both Terence and Dennis experimented with many different types of drugs (cannabis, LSD, psilocybin, DMT, etc.). At one point, they ended up going to the Amazon region so that they could take "Ayahusca", which is a psychoactive concoction containing DMT that is made by the people of the Amazon region. "Ayahusca", is used by the people of this region for various shamanistic practices.

Over time, Terence became a biggie in counter-culture drug scene while Dennis became a scientist, with several PhD's, who researched various psychoactive drugs and their effects. 

On page 202 of this book, Dennis says that Omar Stewart, an authority on the Native American Church, believed that Carlo Casteneda's "teachings" almost had to be a fabrication as there was nothing in the Yaqui traditions that even hinted at the practices that Carlos talks about. 

While I recognize that there is wisdom, in Carlos Casteneda's books, such as Don Juan's concept of "Petty Tyrants", I'm not so sure that his books are non-fiction. 

On the other hand, I do believe that there are some non-fiction books on shamanistic practices such as, "Ayahuasca Visions: the Religious Iconography of a Peruvian Shaman" by Pablo Amaringo and "The Shaman and Ayahuasca: Journeys to Sacred Realms" by Don Jose Campos, for those of you who may be interested in that topic.

jbseth

T.M.

Hi Jbseth,

Those 2 books are where I lost interest in C.C. too.  Thank you for the reference on the books! I know Graham Hancock speaks highly of the experience(s).

jbseth

Hi T.M., Hi All,

In your previous post, you said, "Graham Hancock speaks highly of the experience(s)."

I'm not familiar with Graham Hancock. I am familiar with Joseph Campbell though.

I'm curious, what do you mean when you say that Graham "speaks highly of the experience(s)."

jbseth

T.M.

Hi Jsbeth,

Aya experiences under the guidance of a good shaman.

He is a British author and reporter. Hancock specialises in pseudoscientific theories involving ancient civilisations, stone monuments or megaliths, altered states of consciousness.

jbseth

Hi T.M.

Thanks,

Yeah, a good shaman is important.

From what I understand from Dennis McKenna's book, some of the witches or "Brujos" and Brujas" of the Amazon region, sometimes mix Datura (I believe that this is the latin name for the plan; a nightshade type of plant I believe) in with the Ayahusca, which can give people horrendous visions of spirits like wraiths or banshee's, that seem very real. These witches then use these experiences to manipulate these people for personal gain.

T.M.

Hi Jbseth,

I don't doubt it. Sadly that happens when dealing with these types of substances.

T.M.

Everyone has to find what works for them, and they're own way home  :)

I'm getting older, time for me to pick one teacher to stick with. For me it's Seth, mostly.
I will always like Don Juan's earlier books, and they will always be a magical world for me.

The problem with lsd and other hallucinogens, is one needs find a good supplier. Here in the states anyways, and more specifically where I'm at, this is dangerous on many levels. Not least of which, don't get caught by the cops.

Back in the day drugs were a very different thing than they are today. So are the dealer's, and user's.
Lsd has fallen so far out of fashion, that I doubt a common person could even find it. Too bad really.
You really have to be well immersed in that culture to find anything decent, let alone a decent dealer.

I'm too old and far removed from that realm to entertain thoughts of it anymore  :)
Though there was a day once, long ago, in a galaxy far far away.......................

T.M.

Long ago, I had some good Lsd.  Sad the good stuff went away it is.

I used to live where mushrooms abounded. I would love to find some blue ringers again.

Now I live in the desert. The desert can be a harsh mistress. I'm not too far from the border, that presents other dangers.
You don't really want to meet up with people out there. Tough crowd for sure. In my youth I always wanted to stalk the peyote.
Now I live here but am not physically able. Don't want to play with the crazy ones out there either.

Hallucinogens can be very therapeutic. It's a shame that they can't be obtained legally. The war against a person using their consciousness mind the way they see fit is alive and well, unfortunately.

Though I did find a guy online that does Aya adventures in Peru, I think. I've checked him to my standards, and think he's alright, for me, anyways. He will get a large group and everyone flies down to large lodge. He acts as the shaman, and watches over everyone, whilst they are experiencing.

If I had the money and a passport, I would likely be a regular!

T.M.

P.S.

I will be looking forward to reading your book very much :)

Sena

Quote from: jbseth
I'm not familiar with Graham Hancock.
I have a book by Hancock entitled "Supernatural: Meetings with the ancient teachers of mankind". Hancock describes his experience with the hallucinogenic plants ayahuasca and iboga. People who take these drugs have visions in which they claim to be taught by supernatural beings. Hancock's theory is that these supernatural beings are "real" and gave our ancestors knowledge about things like medicinal plants. If not for this kind of help, how did people first discover that the plant yielding quinine could cure malaria? How did they find this particular plant from 10,000 other varieties in the jungle?

Sena

Though I did find a guy online that does Aya adventures in Peru, I think.
T.M., yes, ayahuasca. Be careful.

T.M.

Hi Sena,

I don't have enough money to get anywhere near it, so no worries :)

Hi Christer

I would love to be able to have access to even mushrooms, knowing what I know now. In my youth, I wasn't nearly as focused, and still had some deep fears of God vs. Satan. I laugh about that now. It was real to me then. Maybe in a strange way the conspiracy stuff is like healing through trauma. I realize now there really is no such thing as evil, per se.  Other than what we create and allow to exist, individually and collectively. I do at times wonder if that's what this realm is about. Healing through trauma. But that's kind of an aside to the current conversation.
In that regard though I think Seth is very much correct. If one has deep seated fears or issues, using certain substances is a bad idea.

I would love to use hallucinogens to connect more with my own inner self, and expand my perceptual abilities.
Anymore the closest I can get to that is through diet. I started drinking distilled water in an attempt to get away from the fluoride in the regular water. My dreams and connection to my dreaming self is starting to come back. I can actually see, interact, and remember my dreams mores so now. Before it was a blurred mess coming at me, if I had any memory of them at all.
Diet is important anymore, as food is stuffed with so many different additives.
I just think it would be neat to clean up physically as much as is possible, focus on something for a good bit, and then use a teacher plant.
I can just imagine the possibilities!

T.M.

That's really what I need to, and am trying to focus on. I create my own reality, and the mechanics of it.

I get it intellectually. Not emotionally as well yet. 

Time to get my day going though :)

jbseth

Hi All,

In my previous post, regarding Dennis McKenna, my point had to do with the fact that in his book, he mentions that some people believe that the Carlos Castenada's stories were fabrications.

I want to be very clear here, in no way was I, or am I suggesting that anyone take any drugs.

In the book, by Dennis McKenna, Dennis says that he and his brother got very messed up on mushrooms and Ayahusca. His experience was so bad that it sounds like they both completely lost touch with reality for at least 2 weeks. Dennis not completely recovering for perhaps 2 months.  Personally, I think they were both very fortunate to recover at all from this experience.

In an earlier part of his book, Dennis mentions that he ate some seeds from a plant that he believed was morning glory. At the time, in the 1960's, there was a common belief that morning glory seeds contained a type of LSD. Unfortunately, the seeds that Dennis ate actually came from jimsomweed (datura). Eating datura can kill you in a couple of different ways. One, you can literally die from injesting too much of this plant. Two you can accidently or otherwise get killed, from the datura hallucinations.

In his book, Dennis mentions that unlike LSD, when he had datura hallucinations, he couldn't tell that they weren't real. He described seeing bugs climbing out of his bedroom walls and then a king bug came out. He says that he mustered up all the courage he had, grabbed it and took it down stairs and put it in the outside trashcan. He says he had no idea, what, if anything he actually put in the trash can.

He also says that he had some pretty frightening hallucinations for the next 2 days and he just assumed that what he was having was the bad LSD trip that everyone had warned him about. Years later, as he got his various college degrees, he came to understand just how dangerous this plant is and he strongly recommends that nobody fool with datura.

In many places in the Seth literature, Seth presents many methods that can be used for consciousness expansion, such as using psychological time and shutting off the outer senses. He also strongly urges people not to fool around with LSD as it be dangerous.

I think that Seth's methods are probably the safest approach for consciousness expansion and I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone use any drugs to do this, due to the obvious inherent risks in such endeavors.

jbseth

Deb

Wow, this topic has surely moved away from Seth on Jesus the Christ! Even though I tend to take an organic approach to moderating the forum, I may end up splitting this topic if I can figure out where. Maybe at the Castaneda/Drug fork in the road. ;) However, drugs did come up quite often in the Seth materials and while I'm trying to figure out where to split I'll just chime right in.

Last year an artist friend gave me some mushrooms but I've been afraid to try them so they've been in a canning jar in my fridge all this time. I never experimented with anything when I was young, but now that I'm older and have less responsibilities, I'm curious. I've also heard a lot about how such things can open one up spiritually, and that's what appeals to me.

Ayahusca sounds like big guns, and the purging and other side effects are a big deterrent. But, not long ago I saw some articles about psilocybin and how it is being tested by scientists as treatment for depression. They're finding that in some cases just one large dose of mushrooms can cure depression. And yes they are testing it on humans. Here's just one article. Or for those of you who prefer science. And I've also heard people, adults, say they occasionally use LSD to keep their minds open and creative. These are very successful business people. So the drugs are still out there, but with very different uses than from back in the 60s. And too easy to get if you're a student in middle or high school or college.

Quote from: ChristerIn my case it is food, traditional foods and nourishment,

Quote from: T.M.Anymore the closest I can get to that is through diet. I started drinking distilled water in an attempt to get away from the fluoride in the regular water.

I've been involved with traditional food for quite a while myself! I'm a bit of an earth spirit and foodie, a member of Weston Price, 'know too much' about US food, water, agency corruption, the steady decline in the population's health. While Seth said what you think about what you're consuming has more impact on health than what you are actually consuming, he did say that "the body is equipped to deal with ingredients that come from the earth." (NoPR, ses. 638). Give me spots on my apples.

Fluoride is toxic, was once used as rat poison and insecticide (Toothpaste label: "If more than used for brushing is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away"). It is industrial waste that is too expensive to dispose of, so someone got clever. It's also an endocrine disruptor.  Fluoride: "A corporate solution to dispose hundreds of thousands of tons of fluoride into our drinking water each year denotes one of the greatest PR campaigns of all times." And we shower in and soak it up every day! How much poison is OK to consume?

T.M.

Hi Jbseth,

No worries, I didn't take your post as advocating any use of any substances :)

Hi Deb,

I think it's been great trying to go fluoride free as much as possible. I use it for cooking and coffee water too. I'm noticing definite gains. I have more overall energy besides reconnecting with my dreaming self as well. There's YouTube vids that claim that distilled water actually takes disease particles out of the body much better than non distilled also. I did ask my Dr. about it. He said the only downside he could see was potentially a lack of minerals. I figure vitamins can easily make up for that.

I try to stay away from too much processed food too. There's only so much a person can do short of going amish :)
Or living to cook from scratch completely. I know Seth said the body can handle a certain amount of chemicals in food.
The amount they use these days is crazy. Especially high fructose corn syrup. It's in every thing. I'm pretty sure it's well supported by the pharmaceutical industry that's making a mint from diabetes medications. And other health problems related to diabetes!

Schools have always been the best places to score, lol.  I really didn't think lsd was around anymore. It's sadly out of my reach :(

Shrooms can definitely be interesting. Start with a small amount and it won't be overwhelming. It can make for a lovely cup of tea, too!!! :)

I would really hope that someday, a person could go to a pharmacy and get exactly what they are looking for, in a pure clean form!

If I ever got the money and a passport, I would go with the guy I found online. I've seen pictures of the lodge and it's gorgeous.
He is on the outskirts of a small town, and has a couple of buildings to accommodate large groups.
Bottom line he runs it as a business. I bet the bulk of his clients are upper lever executive types, and have no problem paying a good amount for the experience. I would imagine the clients are well taken care of, and repeat customers.
I'm not trying to advocate for it. That's the way I would want to try it. Safety and safely in numbers, beautiful surroundings, and a well experienced guide!

Sena

I don't have enough money to get anywhere near it, so no worries
T.M.
Your Inner Self/Entity made sure that you didn't have enough money!

Sena

But, not long ago I saw some articles about psilocybin and how it is being tested by scientists as treatment for depression.
Deb, swimming with dolphins can also cure depression.

https://youtu.be/oalglTupCgw

T.M.

Hi Sena,

I'm not determined to make anything happen in regards to that. If someday it works out, it will. If not, it won't. I'm good either way :)

Hi Christer,

Thank you for your story. I've been reading and rereading your posts, and my mind is blown :) hahaha!
Wow, just wow. I've just been contemplating things, probably will be for awhile.
The book by Tony Bushby backs up what you are saying about the bible being put together by various authors as well.
It was after reading that, as well as comments by Seth, that I came to the conclusion the Roman Catholic church rewrote
and then claimed it was their religion. And as Seth said, a disjointed history book of sorts.

I think you might find this interesting, and also further evidence backing you up. They are short vids, 10 - 15 mins each.

Ancient Symbolism: Hebrew Sanskrit Comparative Archetypes
Exploring the compelling evidence for etymological Linguistic and symbolic parallels and transfers of Proto Indo European languages from extreme ancient india into later Judea and further into christianity and how Vedic influence of an ancient global advanced civilization is saturated throughout all cultures of the ancient and modern world, Proving that History is not as we have been led to believe.

Part 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSp2WUhxD0A
Part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uswd1EhkWc
Part 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T19LwkNZn4&t=2s
Part 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn4DjtWJvFg

Deb

Quote from: Sena
Deb, swimming with dolphins can also cure depression.

That was great. But dolphins are harder to come by than drugs, just saying. ;) I don't feel anyone really needs drugs, especially after reading "You Are the Placebo" by Joe Dispenza. But I thought it was interesting that science is now studying the old recreational drugs from a different angle.

But in my view, all topics other then the pure drug topic, is related to the Jesus story. I am only putting more angles to Seth`s words.

If you want to Deb, I would recommend you deleting the drug comments, and let the rest stay  I am also willing to clean up in my own comments that made the drug-conversation start at all.

I get it, I understand. Please don't "clean up" anything, I'm loving the flow of the discussion. It's just that I originally intended the Board "Seth On" to be a repository of Seth's quotes on various topics. It's been a dream of mine to make something like that since Seth's teaching about certain topics are spread throughout the books and I felt it would be great to have a place where one could find all of his quotes about certain things gathered in one place. But... the findingseth search engine has solved this issue and so I'm not so concerned about keeping the Seth On board limited to specific topic quotes and any related comments that might arise. After all, this is an informal discussion forum and not a tech support one where tight control is necessary. I like to think this forum has it's own soul/consciousness and unless someone gets abusive (no haters!) I want it to flow.

So... carry on, I'll leave things as they are.

@Christer, you have a captive audience here. You know we'll all be buying your book. When is your anticipated (hopeful) release date? I'm a graphic designer and in the past year book design has suddenly come into my life. From a few very unrelated directions (one being Jane's "A Little Book to Leonard," an absolute thrill for me). Being a bit of a bookworm all of my life, it's about time. :)

Sena

Quote from: strangerthings
Jesus is the sacred feminine ..
st,
This is very interesting, and I agree. As far as I know, Neville Goddard does not say anything about it.

In the Kabbalah, Tiferet is generally said to represent Christ.
"Tiferet has common association of "Spirituality", "Balance", "Integration", "Beauty", "Miracles", and "Compassion"."

https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/Tiferet.html

Tiferet is probably female.

https://www.kveller.com/jewish-baby-name/tiferet/

T.M.

Hi Christer,

I really like the way you explain things. :)  I can't wait till you write that book!
There's some amazing info in Seth Speaks!

Your conclusion that Paul was Horemheb just feels right to me in a way I can't explain. For me that's a good indication you are on the right track of it all.

I always wondered why the church claimed the world, and hence modern man is only 6,000 years old. When there is so much evidence that this planet has been long inhabited before that.   I think I get it now. Ego oriented man has only been around 6,000 years.
That's the part that just blows my mind. As well as giving me hope for mankind, and our future.
Seth was right, we are a young species, very young indeed. No wonder we are making the mistakes we are.

Thank You for this :)

Deb

all ancient cultures coded everything with numbers. And the numbers have a meaning in numerology, and it makes us able to translate the number into numerology numbers, and hence get a meaning behind the number.

I think it will be written quickly, but I as well will add numerology  to the book, so it can be read in 5000 years from now,

I'm showing my ignorance here, but other people on this forum have used numerology to explain the meanings behind some words. How does that work? Are the letters assigned a numerical value based on their order in our alphabet? Who decided the meanings behind the numbers? If this is something people rely on to find truths or hidden messages, then it should work consistently across all languages, including those using different alphabets, right? Or does it only work when interpreting the original language something was written in, and not the word's direct translation.

For instance,

Quote from: strangerthings
L=12
I=9
F=6
E=0 (E is merely given the summative value of 5 as 1:5=15, 1+2+3+4+5=15=O)

Then the Russian word for life, жизнь, the sum should come out the same?
But it is: 8+10+9+15+30=72=9

Or MAN in English:  13+1+14 = 28 =  10
Man in Russian is человек: 25+6+13+3+12 = 59 = 14

I understand the numerology when relating to years, days, dates, etc. because numbers are more concrete to me, i.e. quantities are the same regardless of culture or what the characters look like. But I don't understand how it works with words across different languages.

T.M.

Hi Deb,

Yes there are some common charts for letters. There's a few different ones out there but a basic one for English is:

1.   2.   3.   4.    5.     6.    7.     8.     9
A.   B.   C.   D.    E.    F.    G.     H.     I
J.    K.   L.   M.    N.   O.    P.     Q.     U
R.   S.   T.   U.     V.   X.    Y      Z

Hebrew is very much coded the same.  There is a branch of numerology called Gematria, which is a method of interpreting Hebrew scriptures by computing the numerical value of words, based on there value, and or constituent letters.
For example, a word with the value of say 90, is said to be bear a relationship with any other word that adds to 90.
It's used in examining the Torah, as well as used in some Kabalah, and various applications thereof.

I personally don't get into that kind of numerology, it can be interesting.

Deb

Thanks for the information on numerology, it's all so fascinating and not something I'd looked into before. I found this chart and glyph sample, which helped me visualize what you were explaining about, for example, III II. The actual carved strokes have a more natural look to them, difficult to represent in type. I wonder why they used the symbols they used for the rest of the numbers (cattle hobble, coil of rope, lotus, finger, etc.)? Those things had some association for them.

I also did, out of curiosity, a calculation based on my birth name (there were a couple of small controversies over my name at the time, it was changed from what was originally planned). But my number came up as 2. Description seems to be pretty accurate.

Thanks also for explaining a little more about the meaning behind numbers and words. When I saw the numerology alphabet chart and saw there were only numbers 1-9 I was wondering how much can 9 numbers say, but it appears from what both you and T.M. wrote, word values go beyond the name numerology system.

I look if you have earth symbols in your name, like stone, mountain, see, river, flower or anything, and I analyze the symbolism hidden in the complete name and make a picture of who you are from that.

Hmmm, I'll have to take a close look at my birth name with that in mind!

T.M.

Thank you Christer!

You are very good at relaying concepts in an easy to understand manner. At least for me.

Deb

There is a grave in India where Jesus in India is buried, and there is also one for his wife. They only need to make DNA-testing to prove me right or wrong about Akhenaton and Nefertiti going to India   There are also scriptures in temples in Kashmir telling about this story

I've looked into that grave in Kashmir in the past, dismissed it as invalid. But I just saw this. Maybe not necessarily Jesus in that grave?

"A man was crucified, but he was not one who made up the Christ entity. You understand from stories that have come to you the elaborations and half-truths that people can be convinced are true. None of the men who made up that entity were crucified. They each died—one I believe in India. People do not understand that their dreams become reality, and that the greater dramas of history and myth often bear little resemblance to the actual occurrences, but are greater than the physical events."
—TPS4 Deleted Session January 9, 1978

Sena

For an alternative view of Christianity, the books of Jeffrey Kripal are interesting:

https://youtu.be/159Um4Qd9yc

One of Kripal's books is "The Serpent's Gift". According to him, conventional Judaism and the Christian Church have completely misinterpreted the Adam and Eve story. The serpent gave a "gift" to Adam and Eve, the gift of spiritual knowledge. All That Is would not have punished Adam and Eve for increasing their knowledge.

jbseth

Hi Deb,

In your most recent post here, you made the following statements below in red font (one of which is a Seth quote) and I have some questions/comments for you about this, that I hope you'd be willing to answer:

I've looked into that grave in Kashmir in the past, dismissed it as invalid. But I just saw this. Maybe not necessarily Jesus in that grave?

"A man was crucified, but he was not one who made up the Christ entity. You understand from stories that have come to you the elaborations and half-truths that people can be convinced are true. None of the men who made up that entity were crucified. They each died—one I believe in India. People do not understand that their dreams become reality, and that the greater dramas of history and myth often bear little resemblance to the actual occurrences, but are greater than the physical events."
—TPS4 Deleted Session January 9, 1978

When you said that you looked into this grave, did you mean that you were at the grave in Kashmir and physically looked into it, or did you mean something else, like you researched the information about this grave?

In TPS4, did Seth say that he "believes" that one the three personalities that made up the Christ entity died in India. If so then that is huge. I was not aware of that. Thanks for sharing this.

As I understand, from critical historical scholars, like Bart Ehrman, the name "Thomas" literally meant, the "twin", in Greek, I believe. The implication was that this Thomas was the twin of Jesus. 

From what I understand, most scholars don't believe that Jesus actually had a twin.  However, some of the early writings, like the famous "Gospel of Thomas" found at Nag Hammadi, was supposedly a Gospel that contains the sayings of this "twin" of Jesus.

Furthermore, somewhere I've heard something that some people believe it was this "Thomas" who travelled to India.

Very interesting.  :)

jbseth

Deb

Quote from: jbseth
When you said that you looked into this grave, did you mean that you were at the grave in Kashmir and physically looked into it, or did you mean something else, like you researched the information about this grave?

I meant I researched it online briefly, watched a YouTube of someone visiting. But I suppose even visiting it in person would not have given me any answers.

There's controversy over it of course and I don't suppose any more information can be gotten without someone actually opening up the tomb and doing some testing. It doesn't sound like that will happen. One claim is that it was just a rumor started in the 1800s by local shopkeepers to boost tourism.

But for me it's a little more interesting because of this well-known quote from Seth (in addition to the Seth quote about "they each died—one I believe in India):

"One such man has already been born in India, in a small province near Calcutta, but his ministry will seem to remain comparatively local for his lifetime."
—SS Chapter 21: Session 586, July 24, 1971

Just coincidental, I'm sure, but fun to ponder. Calcutta and Kashmir are only about 350 miles apart.

People still debate the "missing years" in Jesus's life, some say he went to India to study Buddhism. Somewhere in the Seth books there is mention of hints of the "gentleness" of Eastern philosophy in his teachings. Jerusalem to Kashmir is about 3,000 miles.

Deb

Quote from: Sena
For an alternative view of Christianity, the books of Jeffrey Kripal are interesting:

Thank you for this Sena. While I've only listened to a little of the podcast so far, I ended up looking for his book Secret Body: Erotic and Esoteric Currents in the History of Religions and found this review that made me want to read it. Just another book I can't get from my library, and for some reason even used copies on Amazon are expensive. I'll have to figure something out.

I thought these quotes from the book review were timely:

"Kripal was a pious kid. An anti-abortion activist who would become Karen Carpenter-level anorexic and who would check out a Catholic seminary, only to discover that "just about everyone else in the seminary was gay" and Kripal was heterosexual." (Not that I'm confusing homosexuals with pedophiles.)

and

"Kripal has come to some very scholarly conclusions that notably run counter to more commonly-held beliefs about religion particularly Christianity's abject fear of Jesus being thought of as homosexual, as Kripal notes that all of the evidence he has researched and investigated points clearly in that direction."

Wow, what an interesting author!

jbseth

Hi All,

I did a little more research on this issue regarding Jesus in India and here's what I found.

Bart Ehrman is a professor of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina, at Chapel Hill.  He has written many books on various topics regarding New Testament scholarship. One of the books that he has written is titled, "Lost Scriptures". This book contains approximately 40 of the known books of Gospels, Acts, Apocalypses and Epistles that were not included in the New Testament.  One of these books is called, "The Acts of Thomas". 

In his introduction to "The Acts of Thomas", Professor Ehrman says the following:

"In some ways the Acts of Thomas may be the best known of the Apocryphal Acts of the Apostles, for this is the text that supports the well-known tradition that the apostle Thomas was the missionary who first brought Christianity to India.  Thomas is not simply one of the apostles in this account, however. He is actually the brother of Jesus, in fact, his identical twin. (The name "Thomas" is an Aramaic word that means "twin.") [...]"

"The narrative recounts how Thomas is compelled to go to India, despite his reluctance: his "master" Jesus sells him as a slave to work as a carpenter for the King of India (chaps. 1-3). Both en route and while there Thomas performs miraculous deeds and proclaims a message of asceticism. [...]"

"As with other Apocryphal Acts, it is difficult to know when the Acts of Thomas was written; most scholars have dated it to the third century and assumed that it was written in Edessa, the major city of Eastern Syria."

Below is a wikipedia website page about "The Acts of Thomas", for anyone who's interested.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acts_of_Thomas

Maybe this early Christian tradition of Thomas or perhaps Jesus visiting India is based upon truth; Seth says that he "believes" that one of the three personalities of the Christ entity, died in India.

jbseth

jbseth

Hi Deb,

In your post above, you said:

"Just another book I can't get from my library, and for some reason even used copies on Amazon are expensive. I'll have to figure something out. "

The library I go to, has a service, where if you can't find a book, they'll contact other libraries and arrange for an interlibrary transfer so that you can get the book from some other library that has it.

I don't know if your library system has this capability, but they might.

Just a thought.

jbseth

Sena

"Kripal was a pious kid. An anti-abortion activist who would become Karen Carpenter-level anorexic and who would check out a Catholic seminary, only to discover that "just about everyone else in the seminary was gay" and Kripal was heterosexual." (Not that I'm confusing homosexuals with pedophiles.)
Deb, Kripal points out that many people think anorexia nervosa is a girls' disease. It is of course less common in males. Kripal was nearly dying of anorexia, when he had the good fortune to have psychoanalyis from an enlightened Catholic priest. He was able to understand that his anorexia was due to his repressed sex drive, and he was able to get over it.
I agree that it is only a tiny minority of homosexuals who are pedophiles, but Kripal explains why homosexual pedophiles are relatively common in the Catholic priesthood. A number of Catholic priests are recruited at the age of 14 or 15, when they are taken into a "junior seminary". At this age it is common for boys to go through a temporary homosexual phase. What happens to the young seminarians who have little contact with girls their age is that they get stuck in the homosexual phase. The most common type of clergy sex abuse is abuse of young teenage boys.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_seminary

Deb

This is all new to me, I had no idea about the early recruitment. Or the phase boys go through. Wow. It all feels so underhanded and immoral. The problem is deeper than I ever suspected.

For the most part I'm enjoying the Kripal book, but he likes to wander a bit. His complete about face over sex is so odd to me, going from complete repression to "seeing" eroticism in just about every religious writing since the dawn of mankind. Making that pretty much his lifetime work. Obsessive. I'm interested to see where that goes.

Sena

Making that pretty much his lifetime work. Obsessive.
There is definitely something "odd" about Kripal. I think about 25% of his books is useful.