Favorite Seth Quotes categories

Started by jbseth, August 24, 2018, 01:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

Below are some of my favorite Seth quotes. I've ordered these quotes under 3 major categories: 1) "Knowing Yourself", 2) "Spiritual Ignorance" and 3) "Love".

Knowing Yourself

1. You create your reality and some issues with this.

"Seth Speaks", Chapter 20, Session 580
[...]"On the other hand, your existence itself, the reality and nature of your planet, the whole existence in which you have these experiences, are also created by you, using the abilities of which I have spoken."

"I have mentioned before that everyone within your system is learning to handle this creative energy; and since you are still in the process of doing so, you will often misdirect it. The resulting snarl in activities automatically brings you back to inner questions."

2. You create your Seth book.

"Seth Speaks", Chapter 5, Session 523
"You may perhaps argue that the book was manufactured physically, and did not suddenly erupt through Ruburt's skull, already printed and bound. You in turn had to borrow or purchase the book, so you may think, "Surely, I did not create the book, as I created my words." But before we are finished we will see that basically speaking, each of you create the book you hold in your hands, and that your entire physical environment comes as naturally out of your inner mind as words come out of your mouths, and that man forms physical objects as unselfconsciously and as automatically as he forms his own breath."

3. Knowing yourself and the Seth message.

"The Early Sessions", Book 7, Session 317
"These sessions and material represent your closest and most dependable source of inner knowledge, outside of direct personal mystical experiences."

Spiritual Ignorance

4. Many problems due to spiritual ignorance.

"Seth Speaks", Chapter 21, Session 586
"I am including this information in this chapter on religion because it is important that you realize that spiritual ignorance is at the basis of so many of your problems, and that indeed your only limitations are spiritual ones."

5. People who are certain of their answers.

"Seth Speaks", Appendix, Session 596
"Again, those who are certain of their answers will lack the need to know that can lead them into still greater dimensions of understanding."

6. Evil does not exist.

"Seth Speaks", Chapter 11, Session 486
[...] "In trying to make sense in its terms of physical existence, the intellect has set up these opposing factors. The intellect says, "If there is good, there must be evil," for it wants things explained in neat parcels. [...] The inner self, however, realizes that in much larger terms, evil is simply ignorance, that "up" and "down" are neat terms applied to space which knows no such directions."

"The Nature of Mass Events", Chapter 10, Session 868
"You will often condone quite reprehensible acts if you think they were committed for the sake of a greater good. You have a tendency to look for outright evil, to think in terms of "the powers of good and evil," and I am quite sure that many of my readers are convinced of evil's force. Evil does not exist in those terms, and that is why so many seemingly idealistic people can be partners in quite reprehensible actions, while telling themselves that such acts are justified, since they are methods toward a good end."

7. Hate is the destroyer.

"Seth Speaks", Chapter 12, Session 550
"Now I am emphasizing the issue of hate in this chapter on reincarnation because its results can be so disastrous. A man who hates always believes himself justified. He never hates anything that he believes to be good. He thinks he is being just, therefore, in his hatred, but the hatred itself forms a very strong claim that will follow him throughout his lives, until he learns that only the hatred itself is the destroyer."

Love

8. A generation that loves peace, brings peace.

"Seth Speaks", Chapter 12, Session 550
"Now: If you expand your sense of love, of health, and existence, then you are drawn in this life and in others toward those qualities; again, because they are those upon which you concentrate. A generation that hates war (Jane looked at Carl) will not bring peace. A generation that loves peace will bring peace."

9. The end of the reincarnation cycle

"The Early Sessions", Book 9, Session 452
"Now the weapons and the destruction are the obvious things that you see. The counterparts are not so evident, and yet it is the counterparts that are important. The self-discipline learned, the control, the compassion that finally is aroused, and the final and last lesson learned, the positive desire for creativity and love over destruction and hatred. When this is learned the reincarnational cycle is finished."

jbseth

Love it! Love it! x 1 View List

annh

Yes, the new conscious evolution movement is coming to see this. Does reincarnation end or begin anew in another dimension?
9. The end of the reincarnation cycle

"The Early Sessions", Book 9, Session 452
"Now the weapons and the destruction are the obvious things that you see. The counterparts are not so evident, and yet it is the counterparts that are important. The self-discipline learned, the control, the compassion that finally is aroused, and the final and last lesson learned, the positive desire for creativity and love over destruction and hatred. When this is learned the reincarnational cycle is finished."

jbseth

Deb

Quote from: annh
Does reincarnation end or begin anew in another dimension?

Hi annh, I can't remember how much of the Seth materials you've read. Are you familiar with with Seth said about  Framework 1 and Framework 2? Entities? Simultaneous time? We can give you a better answer to your question if we know your familiarity with these things.

Briefly, while reincarnation is seen by us in F1 (this physical reality) as occurring in linear time, they are actually all happening at once because time is simultaneous. We and our other incarnations are offshoots of our entity, in F2, just as our probable selves are offshoots of "us." I'm not sure if Seth explained exactly how we come into incarnation here, I'd have to search for that. It's been a while since you've posted here, you may not know of the Seth Search Engine, https://findingseth.com. It's incredibly helpful. I'll take a look and update here if I find something.

annh

Hi Deb, Thanks, I have studied everything for decades, off and on, except most of the esp private sessions. I was responding to: "The self-discipline learned, the control, the compassion that finally is aroused, and the final and last lesson learned, the positive desire for creativity and love over destruction and hatred. When this is learned the reincarnational cycle is finished."  Wondering if the further evolutions may occur in a higher dimensional physical experience. There is a lot of collective consciousness 'shift' awareness happening now. I am aware of alternative, probable, F1. Need to look up F2 again. annh

jbseth

Does reincarnation end or begin anew in another dimension?

Hi annh, Hi Deb, Hi All,

In the book, "Adventures in Consciousness", in Appendix II, we find that the following dialogue occurred between Jane, Carlos and Jeff.

Jane: "It happened tomorrow, Carlos."

Carlos: "Pardon?"

Jane: "It happened tomorrow."

Carlos: "It happened tomorrow?"

Jane: "Right - the creation of the world - it happened tomorrow."

Jeff: [another student] "Cyprus." (Meaning Jane was speaking as Cyprus.)

Jane: "Read it in the Times. It has all the news. Yes, Jeff."

Jeff: "Cyprus."

In response to your question, "Does reincarnation end or begin anew in another dimension?", following Jane's & Cyprus's lead, I would say that the answer here is "Yes."

Seth tells us that all time is simultaneous. He also tells us that there are an infinite number of probable realities.  In some of these realities Napoleon, won all the wars. In some of these realities Christianity did not flourish. He also tells us that the dinosaurs exist today. We just don't perceive that reality.

So here's how I interpret what Seth says.

Does reincarnation end, at the end of the reincarnational cycle?  Yes it does, in some realities.

Does reincarnation begin anew in another dimension?, Yes it does, in some realities.

Are there realities where reincarnation doesn't even exist? Yes, there are?

Do all of these realities, exist at the same time? Yes, they do?

I just really like to remind myself of what Seth has to say here in Session 452 about changing from a mindset of "destruction and hatred" to a mindset of "creativity and love" and how, when we finally do reach this level of spiritual thinking, the reincarnational cycle is over for us.

"the final and last lesson learned, the positive desire for creativity and love over destruction and hatred. When this is learned the reincarnational cycle is finished."

For me, this is kind of a reminder of a personal spiritual goal and perhaps it was a blueprint for my reality.

- jbseth

chasman

Quote from: jbseth
I just really like to remind myself of what Seth has to say here in Session 452 about changing from a mindset of "destruction and hatred" to a mindset of "creativity and love" and how, when we finally do reach this level of spiritual thinking, the reincarnational cycle is over for us.

"the final and last lesson learned, the positive desire for creativity and love over destruction and hatred. When this is learned the reincarnational cycle is finished."

For me, this is kind of a reminder of a personal spiritual goal and perhaps it was a blueprint for my reality.

- jbseth

jbseth, I also love this so much.
heartfelt deep thank you for posting it.
it resonates with the core of my being.

jbseth

Hi Chasman, Hi All,

Hey Chasman, thanks for that post.  It's one of my favorites too.   :)

Hey, did you ever finish the Mr. T book?  :)   If so, are you reading anything else yet?

I've just finished reading a book about "possession" of all things. I know, its kind of a bizarre topic but its been interesting. I hope to post some information about it in new topic, in a day or so. 

-jbseth

chasman

hey jbseth,

no I haven't finished the Mr. T book. thank you again for reading it and giving me your excellent thoughts about it.
and I get a kick out of calling him Mr.T.  :)

and I haven't started a new book.  but the Dawson Church book, Deb posted about sounds fantastic. a must read or listen to, on Audible.

and I look forward to hearing your thoughts about the possession book.

Michael Sternbach

Hi Deb, Thanks, I have studied everything for decades, off and on, except most of the esp private sessions. I was responding to: "The self-discipline learned, the control, the compassion that finally is aroused, and the final and last lesson learned, the positive desire for creativity and love over destruction and hatred. When this is learned the reincarnational cycle is finished."  Wondering if the further evolutions may occur in a higher dimensional physical experience. There is a lot of collective consciousness 'shift' awareness happening now. I am aware of alternative, probable, F1. Need to look up F2 again. annh

Hi Annh

I always found it interesting that, according to Seth, some souls which have finished their reincarnational cycle deliberately choose to return to the physical plane as teachers and guides. He said that such individuals are sometimes found pursuing their activities under circumstances that would be far too much for the average person to deal with.

I am also thinking of what Seth shared in Seth Speaks about the entity that manifested itself as Jesus of Nazareth and certain others...

On the other hand, Seth tells us somewhere that he himself can't be directly a part of physical reality anymore, despite his continuing love for it.

Who or what makes that decision, though? Wherein lies the difference?

If anybody here has thoughts on this, I would like to hear them.

Deb

Quote from: Michael Sternbach
On the other hand, Seth tells us somewhere that he himself can't be directly a part of physical reality anymore, despite his continuing love for it.

Great questions. I haven't read ALL of the Seth books yet (such as the early and deleted sessions), so I may not have yet come across Seth saying he can't be directly a part of physical reality any more, other than his saying he's no longer focused in physical reality. Unless I missed it. Do you have any idea in which book that may have been? I do recall Seth saying some personalities can come back as teachers and guides after their cycle is completed, so why not Seth?

I wonder if this quote below gives a clue? We as our entity would decide to send out portions of our/itself in incarnations in order to learn and grow from certain experiences. But it seems that there's more than we know about entities. Maybe once they've accomplished what they've set out to do, they redirect their focus to "other realms" and don't, or can't, look back.

"The teachers, for example, are themselves within a cycle. The more advanced ones have already encountered the systems of reincarnation and probabilities, and are themselves deciding upon the "future" nature of their own experience. Their choices, however, are not your choices. While I may mention some other realms of existence open to them in a later chapter, we will not be involved with them here."
—SS Chapter 11: Session 541, July 13, 1970

Michael Sternbach

Quote from: Deb
Quote from: Michael Sternbach

Great questions. I haven't read ALL of the Seth books yet (such as the early and deleted sessions), so I may not have yet come across Seth saying he can't be directly a part of physical reality any more, other than his saying he's no longer focused in physical reality. Unless I missed it. Do you have any idea in which book that may have been?

I still haven't read most of those later books myself. It must have been in one of the 'classics'. Alas, I couldn't locate the quote yet, but I am sure I read it somewhere. It really stuck with me.

QuoteI do recall Seth saying some personalities can come back as teachers and guides after their cycle is completed, so why not Seth?

I wonder if this quote below gives a clue? We as our entity would decide to send out portions of our/itself in incarnations in order to learn and grow from certain experiences. But it seems that there's more than we know about entities. Maybe once they've accomplished what they've set out to do, they redirect their focus to "other realms" and don't, or can't, look back.

Yes, those quotes seems to be quite in line with what I recall Seth saying.

Quote"The teachers, for example, are themselves within a cycle. The more advanced ones have already encountered the systems of reincarnation and probabilities, and are themselves deciding upon the "future" nature of their own experience. Their choices, however, are not your choices. While I may mention some other realms of existence open to them in a later chapter, we will not be involved with them here."
—SS Chapter 11: Session 541, July 13, 1970

Some quotes from chapter 11 of The Seth Material:

"When you leave the physical system after reicarnations, you have learned the lesson and you are literally no longer a member of the human race, for you elect to leave it."

"The teachers within your system are those in their last reincarnation, and other personalities who have left the system but have been assigned to help those still within it."