"Displaced" session

Started by jbseth, December 11, 2018, 05:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

Recently, I've discovered that, within the Seth information, there is what I'll call a "displaced" session; this is Session 876. Given this then, I suspect that there may be other displaced sessions located within the Seth information as well.

What do I mean by this? Here's what I'm talking about.

Generally, in regards to the session numbers, the various Seth books were written, more or less, in chronological order.  Thus, "Seth Speaks" begins with Session 511 and ends with Session 596; "The Nature of Personal Reality" begins with Session 609 and ends with Session 677; "The Unknown Reality, Book 1" begins with Session 679 and ends with Session 704; and so on.

Both, between all of the Seth books and even within them, there are some sessions that are missing. Many, but not all, of these missing sessions, are located in the 7 "Personal Sessions" books.

Now here's the thing, I believe that if you searched for Session 876, you won't find it in any Seth book. Furthermore, I also believe that you also won't find it in any of the 7 "Personal Sessions" books.

Does this mean that Session 876 a missing session? No. It turns out that this session is located in its entirety in Chapter 20 of the book, "The God of Jane". Furthermore, other than the Yale Library, which I believe has all of Jane's and Rob's information, I don't believe that this session is located in any other book by either Seth or Jane.

So, why am I making such a big deal about this? I'm making a big deal about this because this specific session contains some of the most interesting information that Seth gave on both Christ and Christianity.  If you're interested in Seth's comments about Christ and Christianity, then check out Chapter 20 in "The God of Jane".

If anyone else is aware of any other, what I'm calling "displaced" sessions, could you please let the rest of us know about them.  Thanks.

jbseth

Deb

Hi jbseth. YES, thank you!!! There are some unpublished sessions (Ron Card owns a few, they were thrown in as a gift when he bought a bunch of Jane and Rob's possessions) and there could even be more. Laurel has, I think, a lot of things still in her possession and once in a while she'll give a box or two to Mary to catalog. She's been selling off Jane and Rob's artwork, but so far they are a little out of my reach. One day the right painting will appear and I will then own a Jane Roberts original. :)

The sessions that were specifically personal to Rob and Jane, or maybe someone visiting, were left out of the books and later were published as The Personal Sessions. I think Rob even mentions in his narratives in the books things like, "the last session was personal" -- so was left out. Seven volumes' worth of Personal Sessions! There were the Early Class Sessions (four volumes), The Early Sessions (nine volumes!). There are also all of the audio cds available on Rick Stack's site, I'm not sure if any of what's in them appears in any of the books. My all-time favorite Seth quote is from the audio cds and I don't think it has been published anywhere. There are a ton of Seth quotes that are not in the findingseth.com search engine, because books such as Conversations with Seth or The God of Jane have not made it in to the database yet (or never will, since technically are not "Seth" books).

I've put up at a few posts about unpublished Seth Materials here and if anyone comes up with any more, I'd really appreciate them being added to that board. I'm still coming across Seth/Jane stuff that is new to me -- such as a woman who published "The Black Sheep -- A Seth/Jane Roberts Funzine" for 24 years. I'll be posting about that too. That was a new one for me.

Mary Dillman has a complete list of the sessions, starting with 1, on her Seth Research Project website and where to find them. There a are some with explanatory comments by Mary. I've also attached it here for convenience (and as I find sometimes things on other websites often disappear, SoS is my personal repository). And yes, according to the list, Session 876 is in GOJ.

BTW I'm still mentally working on the Christmas thing. :)

PS
I have to add that a fantasy of mine is to have a database where every Session can be assembled, from #1 to the last one. And everything in between. Just so I could experience the entire Seth phenomena from start to finish, in proper order. But to do that, I'd have to do what Mary Dillman did. And, due to copyright laws, I would not be able to share it with anyone.

chasman

jbseth,
    would you possibly please say more about Session 876
and how it has some of the most interesting Seth information
on Christ and Christianity?
I just ordered The God of Jane.
but it won't get here for a couple weeks.
thank you for any thoughts,
Charlie

jbseth

Hi Charlie (Chasman), Hi All,

Sure, I'd be glad to share some of what Seth had to say in Session 876.  I'll put the Seth quotes in red font.

In this session, in talking about Christ, Seth said the following. 

There were many, many individuals in various parts of the then-known world who had similar concepts visions and psychic experiences. Anyone of these could have served
as the focus of the religion that finally emerged as Christianity.

There were many differences between your world and that one. The import of dreams, visions and psychic events was considerable.

[...]

In your day, ordinary people may pray to God to punish a despot, but their practical actions will more likely involve them in actions of revolution. They do not expect God to come out of his Heaven and overturn the government for them.

In the days in which I am speaking, however, the lives of many people were involved with psychic content. People looked for a new God, an new Messiah who would, by His might, put them in their rightful place of power. Most people did not read or write. The world myth took the place of television.

[...]

The same kind of following – the same kind of followers - that Christ had also found many other men, and all of the followers hoped that their messiah would be the Messiah.

[...]

The man who was crucified agreed to the execution because he did believe he was a messiah, who had to be crucified.

[...] There were, indeed, several 'Christs' several people whose preaching and exploits merged to form the composite figure historically known as Christ. There are all kinds of contradictions in the Bible, and in Christ's own attitudes as depicted, because there were more Christs than one.

Some of the [Christian] heritage was of Indian origin. Reincarnation was definitely a part of those early beliefs. The Sermon on the Mount is probably the closest interpretation of the best Christianity had to offer – but the tenets of that (underlined) Christ, who gave the Sermon on the Mount, did not suit some of the people involved who looked for an earthly king. 'Blessed are the meek' did not fit them or their idea of political power. The Christ who gave the Sermon on the Mount also said that the kingdom of heaven was within – and that dictum did not fit in either with those who wanted a politically effective Sire.

(9:54) Another Christ was the one who cursed the fig tree.

[...] So a person 'inspired' by Christ' could speak as Him; and his words, in that tradition, would be considered Christ's words.

There is also much more on this topic that Seth talked about in this session. 

There are many scholars (people like university professors, Bart Ehrman and Elaine Pagels; and others like Bishop John Shelby Spong) who have studied and analyzed the New Testament from a historical perspective. Much of the purpose of this scholarship is to determine what, if anything that is written in the New Testament, actually occurred in history.

From what I have read and understood regarding this New Testament historical scholarship, much of what Seth talks about here has some definite truth to it.

jbseth

chasman

thank you very much for all of that jbseth.
I'm very grateful for your generous reply.
Charlie

Deb

Quote from: jbseth
From what I have read and understood regarding this New Testament historical scholarship, much of what Seth talks about here has some definite truth to it.

Very glad to hear that, because while I feel Jane may have tainted or blocked some of the information coming through Seth about this topic (and I've been challenged on my feelings), it's still a feeling I have.

I have had some private contact with Ron Card (please tell me if you don't know who he is), who was gifted one of Rob's notebooks by Laurel, containing sessions that were never published. Ron has said (more than once) that there are a couple of sessions in those notes that provide more information about the Christ personality and the involved history. Information that may answer a lot of questions.

Of course I will share any new information I get.