The "Sarah" Information

Started by jbseth, September 27, 2018, 08:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbseth

Hi All,

I have two questions for you.

I saw the following quote in the book, "The Way Toward Health", Chapter 7, May 18, 1984. This material is not Seth channeled material. Instead it was free-association stuff as suggested by Seth, where Jane and Rob discussed Jane's mistrust of her physical body, and related subjects.

"(I asked her about Seth, a male, speaking through a woman. She said she suspected that as a woman she'd have more authority if she spoke as a male. She "sensed a feeling of duplicity" in the beginning of the sessions. I don't remember this either. Again she was getting nervous, her voice almost teary. She recalled that once Seth said that if he'd come through as a woman she wouldn't have stood for it. All of this male business is related to the male priests in her childhood years. "

Question 1:
Would you have read and become a follower of Jane's channeled information, if the energy essence personality who Jane channeled identified itself as, for example, "Sarah" instead of "Seth".

Please think about this and let us know how this would have affected you?

Question 2:
As I think of it, I don't recall ever hearing of a channeled personality, who identifying itself as either a woman or having a female name.  Does anyone here know of any?

jbseth

Sena

Quote from: jbseth
As I think of it, I don't recall ever hearing of a channeled personality, who identifying itself as either a woman or having a female name.  Does anyone here know of any?
jbseth,
There are plenty on Youtube, but nothing very original, and no "hard" information such as you get from Seth.

https://youtu.be/6DK-QAm-1aE

Deb

Wow jbseth, you have the best questions. I like how your mind works.

I've had this running in the back of my mind because it's not something I'd ever considered or questioned, and also I don't exactly know what my answer would be.

I'm the only female active on this forum at the moment. I have to admit I understand where Jane was coming from only because I grew up in the 60s, the Father Know's Best and My Three Sons cultures where men were the smart ones, in charge, the authority. All religious leaders for me were men: priests, bishops, pope, God. There were nuns, but they were the equivalents of PAs. The majority of doctors, lawyers, judges, presidents, other people in power were men. Much of that remains. I don't think I ever questioned that, due to my upbringing. I've aways just felt that I am myself, and I've needed to navigate around a male dominated society. While I've had some educational experiences, I've never felt like a victim.

I did a search on channelers and came up with various lists. Channelers are of mixed gender, but it seems that most channeled personalities are male, despite Seth's saying that outside of this earthly existence there really is no gender. I did follow Esther Hicks for a while and although Abraham is a male name, Abraham is supposed to be a collection of consciousnesses. There are a couple of channelers that came up that had feminine channeled sources, but only a couple out of many. I can provide them.

I don't know if I would have been as attracted to the Seth materials if it was Sarah materials. My vision of Seth is a good natured, friendly, wise and benign fatherly individual. The grandfather or father everyone would want. While I have a sort of affection for Seth as a loving grandpa type, for me the message is much more important than who is delivering it, so that's why I can't honestly say if I would be as involved if Seth was a Sarah. The fact that Jane didn't have an involved father in her upbringing, and was "assigned" priests to fill her father's shoes, also flags for me her issues of religion and authority figures. Jane had some hangups.

Seth repeatedly says there is no gender in F2. But I am here, in F1, and so that is difficult for me to fully understand. And I have to say I would miss genders, as there are certainly some benefits that I enjoy.

jbseth

Hi Sena, Hi Deb, Hi All,

Sena, thanks for the video of Pamela Caddy, who channels the Goddess Consciousness. I suspected that there were channels who channeled female personalities, but I didn't know of any off hand.

Deb, yeah I grew up in the 50's and 60's and as you know, those times were definitely different than these times today.  When Jane started channeling the Seth material, there was a great deal of sexism here in the US. I wonder whether any publisher would have published "The Sarah Material", in 1970, for example, if it would have containedmessages from "Sarah" instead of "Seth".

As far as myself, in 1979, I was 25, when I discovered my first Seth book, "Seth Speaks". I like to think that I was pretty open-minded at that time, I had been an avid reader of many New Age books including those written by Ruth Montgomery, a psychic who regularly made predictions about the future. So I wasn't opposed to reading books by women.

Here's the thing, at that time, I'm pretty sure I would have been intrigued enough to look at a book titled "Sarah Speaks".  However, I really don't know whether I would have looked at it long enough to recognize the incredible material that it contained.

Only recently have I been interested in reading, "The Holographic Universe", by Michael Talbot, even though I've known about it since 1992.  For some reason, in the past, whenever that book was available to be read by me, I just wasn't that interested in reading it, at that time. Recently I started reading this book and I discovered that it is much different than what I thought it was, and it is actually a very incredible book.

For me, I think a book by Jane Roberts called "Sarah Speaks" may have went the same way as "The Holographic Universe". I may not have opted to read this book but if so then this would most likely have been like what happened with me and "The Holographic Universe" an issue of my personal reading priorities at the time; there are so many great books and so little time.  :)

jbseth

Deb

Back when I was young I wasn't so interested in metaphysics and was "referred to" Seth by Abraham, Jerry Hicks specifically talking about how he and Esther were so fixated on the books. I suppose if it was a Sarah they were talking about I would have checked the books out because at that point it was the message that resonated with me. Truthfully the whole channeling thing turned me off (remembering some dramatic, heavy breathing TV trance mediums from the 70s) but the information in the materials was so strong for me that I was able to put that aside and I continued to inhale the Seth books.

Good question about the materials getting published if the messages came through as a female personality. I do know Jane published a bunch of scifi stuff before that. She went to some sort of conference for scifi writers and she was the only woman there. The men were all complaining bitterly about the field and she ended up getting out of it right then and there. 

https://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy/The-Worlds-Top-10-Trance-Channelers

There are a few women on the list, but the majority of channelers channel male entities. Eileen Garrett seems pretty interesting, but she channeled "four trance communicators. Uvani, a fourteenth century Arab soldier, was the control of the mediumship. Abdul Latif, a seventeenth century Persian physician, dealt primarily with healing. Speaking very seldom and on more philosophic and spiritual matters, were Tahotah and Ramah. These two claimed no earthy incarnations." So, two males and two no-genders as far as I can tell.

Elizabeth Baron channeled her spirit guide "St. Catherine of Siena." Interesting: "In the late 80s Elizabeth turned her back on fame and fortune to follow her dream of legitimizing the profession of a mediumship. She wanted to use her gifts for the betterment of all mankind. In 1993 she published a book Prophets or Profits to educate the public about the many so-called "prophets" who were not in "the business" of mediumship as a spiritual calling, but only to make money." That could be an interesting read, I think I'll find some YouTubes to get a feel for her message. Considering her guide was a saint makes me suspect it's going to be religious.

And here's a Polish medium from very early 1900s, Stanisława Tomczyk, who stood out to me because of this: "Stanisława Tomczyk was the subject of experiments conducted in 1908–9 at Wisła, in southern Poland, by the Polish psychologist Julian Ochorowicz. Reportedly he regularly hypnotized her for therapeutic purposes, and she claimed to be controlled by an entity, "Little Stasia" ("Stasia" being a diminutive of Tomczyk's given name, "Stanisława"), who said she was not the spirit of any dead person." That reminds me of Jane channeling Seth, who was again not the spirit of a dead person but instead another personality of their entity. Her abilities had been tested many times by a committee of the Society for Psychical Research and was caught cheating on the levitation demos. But, ha ha, she ended up marrying one of the researchers in 1919 so she couldn't have been that much of a cheat. I wouldn't mind tracking down more information about what information she channeled.

Quote from: jbseth
Only recently have I been interested in reading, "The Holographic Universe", by Michael Talbot, even though I've known about it since 1992. 

Yeah, you guys were talking about that not long ago and I went ahead and bought it. I'll be traveling again in a couple of weeks, will be taking it with me. And I totally agree with "so many great books and so little time." My stack of to-read books is humiliating.

barrie

Lyssa Royal channels an entity named Veronica.

Deb

Thanks Barrie! I've heard Lyssa's name before, don't know why. I'll check out what Veronica has to say. While I try to stay open to other channelers, for me nobody says it better than Seth.